Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Bowie wrote: »
    I was wondering what Maryann thought. She has mentioned before how it's down to personal responsibility, even if it's a meat factory with a covid cluster. So why close anything?

I agree with you but people need to be policed. If a chipper was making people sick with food poisoning it would be closed. Should it be left open in a buyer beware, personal responsibility scenario? Of course not.

Maryanne thinks whatever Govt do good, whatever they don't do good
    Anything else Bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I was wondering what Maryann thought. She has mentioned before how it's down to personal responsibility, even if it's a meat factory with a covid cluster. So why close anything?

I agree with you but people need to be policed. If a chipper was making people sick with food poisoning it would be closed. Should it be left open in a buyer beware, personal responsibility scenario? Of course not.

But what is thee main driver of it B, its not anything you eat drink or buy really.
    It's close contact with people, I can't see the sense in closing everything down anymore.
    We have seen that this will just rear up again as, soon as restrictions are lifted
    We can't live in permananent lockdown.

Do you feel everything should be opened and all left up to personal responsibility?
    you seem to be saying what is or isn't open doesn't come into it.

Maybe if you actually read the post I’m replying to, you’ll understand my response.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

The FF/FG/Green Government is a useless organisation of self-centred individualists. This is a time for the citizens to be supported by our Republic. This government is a failure to most citizens. I am sorry for voting for them. Never again.

I was talking to three people today from Co Cavan planning a, shopping trip to Athlone this weekend.
    Good luck with restrictions.

• Advertisement

Scoondal wrote: »
    The FF/FG/Green Government is a useless organisation of self-centred individualists. This is a time for the citizens to be supported by our Republic. This government is a failure to most citizens. I am sorry for voting for them. Never again.

I dont know your story Scoondal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

This ff/fg/gn government is now advising us not to visit granny's house. But we can all go to the shopping centre to buy more stuff that we don't need.
    Idiots.

Just talked to friend in Cavan. He was saying the hospital is full of people from Northern Ireland, numbers have gone up in Cavan but they are bloated because of the people from the North. They are coming down to Cavan because they can get no care up in Northern Ireland. Cavan Hospital has a terrible reputation so it must be really bad in the North. Really is terrible what is going on with this virus. Yet pictures today of shopping centres in North full of people queuing for a toy sale. The level of stupitiy of people really is shocking.

Just because they don’t do what YOU want, doesn’t make them useless. We’re living through strange times. Citizens must take responsibility for their own situations, while considering others.

Kowerski wrote: »
    Just talked to friend in Cavan. He was saying the hospital is full of people from Northern Ireland, numbers have gone up in Cavan but they are bloated because of the people from the North. They are coming down to Cavan because they can get no care up in Northern Ireland. Cavan Hospital has a terrible reputation so it must be really bad in the North. Really is terrible what is going on with this virus. Yet pictures today of shopping centres in North full of people queuing for a toy sale. The level of stupitiy of people really is shocking.

Blame the North again is it. Our hospitals are in a state for one reason and one reason only, the disgraceful way FG and FF have run them for decades.

I know Newry is full of people from the Republic in Sainsburys so it's not all one way

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I dont know your story Scoondal!

Before the virus... one of two pubs closed. Then the small shop. Now the other food pub is shutdown again. Even Sunday people are gone ... 2 churches ... Catholic and CoI.
    The village no longer exists. People still live here but there is no where to meet anyone.

This is 30 minutes drive to Cork city centre. Or 5 minutes to the coast. A dead village.

I moved there because it was close to my job in Cork Airport.

• Advertisement

Blame the North again is it. Our hospitals are in a state for one reason and one reason only, the disgraceful way FG and FF have run them for decades.

I know Newry is full of people from the Republic in Sainsburys so it's not all one way

Who is blaming the North? Did you read my post at all or just go into nucleur mode for no reason? think you need to chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

No one blaming the North. Guess pointing out how bad it has got. We are only 10 days behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We hit our daily record 10 days after he rubbished NPHETS recommendations.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1313377485321572352?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    We hit our daily record 10 days after he rubbished NPHETS recommendations.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1313377485321572352?s=19

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t. They just can’t win!

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t. They just can’t win!

Who's they? We can't win if government don't follow expert advice.

smurgen wrote: »
    Who's they? We can't win if government don't follow expert advice.

The Government told us expert advice was the reason for it all and then just went against them

My niece just recently came home from Saudi Arabia, a nurse, she starts work in ICU in Cavan today.

Before the virus... one of two pubs closed. Then the small shop. Now the other food pub is shutdown again. Even Sunday people are gone ... 2 churches ... Catholic and CoI.
    The village no longer exists. People still live here but there is no where to meet anyone.

This is 30 minutes drive to Cork city centre. Or 5 minutes to the coast. A dead village.

I moved there because it was close to my job in Cork Airport.

Lots of it around I suppose Tbf.
    I'm not sure how you gauge that as a condemnation of the govt really but there is deep dissatisfaction all over the country with the seeming govt inaction and indeed public inaction over covid.
    Where to apportion blame is hard imo. Govt all over the world are struggling to find some sort of compromise way of living with the virus, but unless we all take personal responsibility govt inaction or action is meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

The Government told us expert advice was the reason for it all and then just went against them

Look,I'm no fan of this government
    But they CANNOT blindly take nphet advice on the virus in isolation
    They HAVE to take many other things into consideration
    Otherwise we would be in semi permanent level 5 because people cannot be relied on to behave responsibly and we would be broke
    Perfect example I've to restrict my movements again and now test because an absolute EEJIT came here who didn't have a test result yet and said nothing
    I was contact traced
    2nd example of that irresponsibility directly affecting me and my family in 2 weeks
    Doctor says unfortunately this is going on wholesale
    Thats why we have a household ban and level 4's

No way am I going to be blaming governments, Sinn Féin FFG or anyone else or playing politics with this
    Let's get on with it
    Much better than level 4 or 5 is people copping the **** on

My niece just recently came home from Saudi Arabia, a nurse, she starts work in ICU in Cavan today.

Best of luck to her. We need her help in this time, great to see people coming home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

So you're telling me that people with access to free healthcare in the north are choosing to go to Cavan to get admitted to hospital even when the Nightingale / City hospital has been reactivated which has freed up capacity across the trusts in the north - I find that hard to believe tbh.

On the shops thing, you do realise shops are remaining open in the north so the chances are there's going to be a large influx from Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan across the border in the coming weeks. I was in two shopping centres yesterday evening and didn't see anybody queueing for toy sales, not saying that didn't happen but the shops were unusually quiet for a Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Best wishes to her and I hope she stays safe in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭twinytwo

No, I don't want empty planes to be flying. I want full planes to be flying. We live on a small island on the western fringe of Europe.
    I asked why will the Irish Minister of Transport not answer questions on radio stations about Cork and Shannon airports.

Fly to where exactly? Most people wouldn't fly currently even if they could. It's easy of o Leary to blame the government. If it wasn't them it would be something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I spent several years there in my line of work bish in an absolute furnace - Taif, I suspect your niece like me will miss the money, but there's definitely things she'll not be missing either.

Best of luck to her, and fairplay on coming home to roll up her sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    I spent several years there in my line of work bish in an absolute furnace - Taif, I suspect your niece like me will miss the money, but there's definitely things she'll not be missing either.

Best of luck to her, and fairplay on coming home to roll up her sleeves.

Pity more wouldn’t do it, our country needs more contribution and less entitlement.

Nobotty wrote: »
    Look,I'm no fan of this government
    But they CANNOT blindly take nphet advice on the virus in isolation
    They HAVE to take many other things into consideration
    Otherwise we would be in semi permanent level 5 because people cannot be relied on to behave responsibly and we would be broke
    Perfect example I've to restrict my movements again and now test because an absolute EEJIT came here who didn't have a test result yet and said nothing
    I was contact traced
    2nd example of that irresponsibility directly affecting me and my family in 2 weeks
    Doctor says unfortunately this is going on wholesale
    Thats why we have a household ban and level 4's

No way am I going to be blaming governments, Sinn Féin FFG or anyone else or playing politics with this
    Let's get on with it
    Much better than level 4 or 5 is people copping the **** on

The fact is the Govt have warned us from day 1, we need to do everything NHEPT tells us to do. Anytime they were questioned on anything, they would say we need to follow the public health advice and then with no warning they said **** you NHEPT we know better than you and ignored what they said.

Whats happening as a result of that? Cases have risen all over the country and the only people who are to blame for that is the Govt!

The fact is the Govt have warned us from day 1, we need to do everything NHEPT tells us to do. Anytime they were questioned on anything, they would say we need to follow the public health advice and then with no warning they said **** you NHEPT we know better than you and ignored what they said.

Whats happening as a result of that? Cases have risen all over the country and the only people who are to blame for that is the Govt!

It's getting tired dd.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

grayzer75 wrote: »
    So you're telling me that people with access to free healthcare in the north are choosing to go to Cavan to get admitted to hospital even when the Nightingale / City hospital has been reactivated which has freed up capacity across the trusts in the north - I find that hard to believe tbh.

On the shops thing, you do realise shops are remaining open in the north so the chances are there's going to be a large influx from Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan across the border in the coming weeks. I was in two shopping centres yesterday evening and didn't see anybody queueing for toy sales, not saying that didn't happen but the shops were unusually quiet for a Thursday evening.

The situation in the hospitals in the North is quite shocking. Makes our system look like a Rolls Royce one. Remember that Sinn Fein denied the nurses up there a pay increase by collapsing Stormont over a languages act.

The way that a functioning health system up there was run down by successive SF governments is quite extraordinary. If I had Corona in Omagh, I would be thinking of heading for Cavan Hospital.

Looks like NPHETS projections are going to be accurate unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/PadraigRice/status/1313165782197641220?s=19

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The situation in the hospitals in the North is quite shocking. Makes our system look like a Rolls Royce one. Remember that Sinn Fein denied the nurses up there a pay increase by collapsing Stormont over a languages act.

The way that a functioning health system up there was run down by successive SF governments is quite extraordinary. If I had Corona in Omagh, I would be thinking of heading for Cavan Hospital.

Hahaha its good that we are in such a healthy way down here.

Deflect Deflect Deflect

Our Govt ****ed up and we are about to pay the price. I can go meet my nanny down the bookies but I cant go and have a cup of tea with her in her garden even.

Money talks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement