Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

smurgen wrote: »
    To go back to this original nonsense. I actually think the opposite requires an explanation. Do you think a political party should be treated unfairly compared to others? An example RTE originally not allowing Mary Lou in the leaders debate for 2020 elections. An election her party subsequently went off to win the largest share of popular vote in. Only after legal action did they do a U turn.

So do you think people should be allowed to protect themselves from online harassment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So do you think people should be allowed to protect themselves from online harassment?

Of course do you? Do you think the Gardai should be called on Fine Gael's media team?

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1334890978784763904?s=19

If you do then why did you post the original article? it was clear the TD followed the correct procedure and this person was harrasing her online.

I have no idea what that link is about? I didn't see anyone call him a pri*k or ar*ehole etc, but in the comments some lad is trying to say he has to hide he supports SF in work because it will threaten his career :P

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

to say he has to hide he supports SF in work because it will threaten his career :P

FF supporters were doing that since 2008...some are even still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Of course do you? Do you think the Gardai should be called on Fine Gael's media team?

https://twitter.com/RomanShortall/status/1334890978784763904?s=19

Still not a SF voter Smurgen?

• Advertisement

If you do then why did you post the original article? it was clear the TD followed the correct procedure and this person was harrasing her online.

I have no idea what that link is about? I didn't see anyone call him a pri*k or ar*ehole etc, but in the comments some lad is trying to say he has to hide he supports SF in work because it will threaten his career :P

You don't see the FG official account attacking him? I have never seen another political party do that.

You don't see the FG official account attacking him? I have never seen another political party do that.

Really? you posted a link a few post back of an SF supporter getting a caution from the Gardai for attacking a TD.
    Currently SF have hidden a TD for a week because he attacked Leo online
    Also SF went after RTE and threatened them

Who can forget Violet Anne on facebook randomly attacking people
    Also Violet Anne who attacked another politican online
    Do you want me to continue?

Not saying the FG account was right by the way.....but the faux outrage doesn't really work does it now?

Really? you posted a link a few post back of an SF supporter getting a caution from the Gardai for attacking a TD.
    Currently SF have hidden a TD for a week because he attacked Leo online
    Also SF went after RTE and threatened them

Who can forget Violet Anne on facebook randomly attacking people
    Also Violet Anne who attacked another politican online
    Do you want me to continue?

Not saying the FG account was right by the way.....but the faux outrage doesn't really work does it now?

I've seen individuals attacking others. I have never seen an official party account try organise a pile on or attack a member of the public in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

To go back to this original nonsense. I actually think the opposite requires an explanation. Do you think a political party should be treated unfairly compared to others? An example RTE originally not allowing Mary Lou in the leaders debate for 2020 elections. An election her party subsequently went off to win the largest share of popular vote in. Only after legal action did they do a U turn.

RTE messed that up.
    RTE is not the neutral news organistation that they like to think they are.
    Disregarding Irish politics, they are anti-brexit and anti President Trump.
    I am also the same but I do not expect RTE to denigrate other decent people's opinions.
    I have lost all respect for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

If you drop the E from RTÉ you get a fair comparison with another channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

...and if you smeared chocolate over the nether regions of a member of the opposite sex in their sleep, I wonder what it would be called? A prank or an assault?

Well it certainly wouldn't be called rape, which was the entire point of my post. You seem to enjoy diverging from the actual point of posts though.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Well it certainly wouldn't be called rape, which was the entire point of my post. You seem to enjoy diverging from the actual point of posts though.

Rape? That escalated quickly.

Rape? That escalated quickly.

I think you are confused. I was posting in response to a number of posters calling him a rapist. I was pointing out there was nothing to suggest such an accusation in the article as it was written.

And before you come back to claim nobody ever said that, here's a couple of examples:
    Jesus, this is horrendous. Anally raping someone with a chocolate bar.

He stuck a chocolate bar up someone anus who was asleep. That is rape

I think you are confused. I was posting in response to a number of posters calling him a rapist. I was pointing out there was nothing to suggest such an accusation in the article as it was written.

And before you come back to claim nobody ever said that, here's a couple of examples:

:confused::confused: I was responding the part of your post where you wondered was it 'a prank' used before or not. Calling it a prank is not your choice to make but the decision of the person it was done to.

:confused::confused: I was responding the part of your post where you wondered was it 'a prank' used before or not. Calling it a prank is not your choice to make but the decision of the person it was done to.

I can't be arsed correcting you on this, since you seem to be incapable of admitting you picked up a post or chain of posts wrong, and instead try to divert the conversation elsewhere.

For anyone else bothered, this is what I posted in response to a number of posters calling someone a rapist without any basis for doing so. A very serious allegation to make. Apparently Francie has issue with this.
    Lads, I'm reading that article about the "unsavory prank" (as the paper calls it) and I see nothing to suggest the chocolate bar was inserted into the anus. Are we sure it wasnt just that prank where they rub chocolate on their arse to make it look like they shat themselves, which seemed to be pretty common at festivals around that time (maybe still is?)?

I'm just going off that article above, so maybe there is more detail elsewhere.

Not funny or acceptable either way, but the allegations of rape are flying and there is no suggestion of that in the article.

I can't be arsed correcting you on this, since you seem to be incapable of admitting you picked up a post or chain of posts wrong, and instead try to divert the conversation elsewhere.

For anyone else bothered, this is what I posted in response to a number of posters calling someone a rapist without any basis for doing so. A very serious allegation to make. Apparently Francie has issue with this.
    Are we sure it wasnt just that prank where they rub chocolate on their arse to make it look like they shat themselves, which seemed to be pretty common at festivals around that time (maybe still is?)?

and there is the bit I was responding to. It doesn't matter what it was. It is the person it was done to who gets to decide if it was a prank or an assault. I get the point about the rape, that is why I didn't comment on it.

The intent of your post was to handwave away what was done. It's not your decision to make. Pinching somebody's arse is an 'old bit of craic' men did, not any more.

and there is the bit I was responding to. It doesn't matter what it was. It is the person it was done to who gets to decide if it was a prank or an assault. I get the point about the rape, that is why I didn't comment on it.

The intent of your post was to handwave away what was done. It's not your decision to make. Pinching somebody's arse is an 'old bit of craic' men did, not any more.

Pure and blatant lie regarding the intent of my post and I have reported you for it. Claiming I am handwaving away assault when I did no such thing. Disgusting way for you to behave.

Pure and blatant lie regarding the intent of my post and I have reported you for it. Claiming I am handwaving away assault when I did no such thing. Disgusting way for you to behave.

What was the intent of wondering was it a prank then if not handwaving it away?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

So it's OK Mcgahon is a member of the Senead and respected in FG because he didn't rape anyone, it was only sexual assualt

Not a normal party

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1335535284868493312?s=19

The Irish state (FF and FG) helped the IRA.

The tables have turned

FF and FG must surely not be allowed in Govt here, that's what has been said because of SF links to the IRA

• Advertisement

With all the talk of bullying etc I wonder if the editor of the sun was such a good hire? The hounding of her before her suicide is not looking good.

https://twitter.com/dmc_fadden/status/1334886579240841216?s=19

With all the talk of bullying etc I wonder if the editor of the sun was such a good hire? The hounding of her before her suicide is not looking good.

https://twitter.com/dmc_fadden/status/1334886579240841216?s=19

I see you seem to be hanging your hat on this story - just an FYI that Sinn Fein's PR man is also formerly of the Sun, so it may not be the best story for a SF supporter to try and make into something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Still not a SF voter Smurgen?

Tis true, Micheal Martin, Clare Daly, RBB, Murphy, shortall, all shinners :rolleyes:

I see you seem to be hanging your hat on this story - just an FYI that Sinn Fein's PR man is also formerly of the Sun, so it may not be the best story for a SF supporter to try and make into something.

Any link of his roles in SF? Was it before or after Flack's suicide?

Any link of his roles in SF? Was it before or after Flack's suicide?

I think you will find the Sun history is long and complicated.

I honestly have no idea why you are putting links about the Sun and that poor lady but it just goes to show very very very poor taste if you are trying to use the death of a young woman in some sort of political discussion.
    After the last few days of how low can SF go I think you have gone lower than anyone else.

I think you will find the Sun history is long and complicated.

I honestly have no idea why you are putting links about the Sun and that poor lady but it just goes to show very very very poor taste if you are trying to use the death of a young woman in some sort of political discussion.
    After the last few days of how low can SF go I think you have gone lower than anyone else.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the Sun having a long and complicated history? The Sun pursued Caroline Flack. They also continuously vilified Muslims in the UK. And actually hacked the phones of murder victims. They are the most negative of negative and exploit people to sell papers. Do you think their editor being hired as a press secretary for the Dail is positive for our country? I think he will be non stop negativity and the type of rhetoric he has brought is reprehensible.

Here he is in 2015 apologising :

"In the same session, the Sun’s Managing Editor, Paul Clarkson, apologised for a notorious 2015 article in which a columnist likened migrants to “cockroaches” and a “plague of feral humans”.

Do you support this type of language?

https://stopfundinghate.info/2018/05/23/sun-apologises-for-column-likening-african-migrants-to-cockroaches/

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the Sun having a long and complicated history? The Sun pursued Caroline Flack. They also continuously vilified Muslims in the UK. And actually hacked the phones of murder victims. They are the most negative of negative and exploit people to sell papers. Do you think their editor being hired as a press secretary for the Dail is positive for our country? I think he will be non stop negativity and the type of rhetoric he has brought is reprehensible.

Here he is in 2015 apologising :

"In the same session, the Sun’s Managing Editor, Paul Clarkson, apologised for a notorious 2015 article in which a columnist likened migrants to “cockroaches” and a “plague of feral humans”.

Do you support this type of language?

https://stopfundinghate.info/2018/05/23/sun-apologises-for-column-likening-african-migrants-to-cockroaches/

If you want to try drag that poor ladies name over these pages in some desperate political discussion I suggest you stop now.

If you want to try drag that poor ladies name over these pages in some desperate political discussion I suggest you stop now.

I'll take the deflection as support for this gutter journalism.

I'll take the deflection as support for this gutter journalism.

I have and never would read it.

Ask on the Liverpool thread in the soccer forum if you want to get a review of the Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The Sun is a nasty bitter disgusting rag of a newspaper. The fact that these editors/journalists from the sun are being hired by political parties in this country just shows how dirty and nasty things are going to get here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement