Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

The post you responded to never mentioned Paddy Holohan SK

You were trying to deflect something you rant about on other threads. Gas man! :)

No bother with mentioning other parties myself...will just laugh the next time you have strop about it on another thread.

If you have a problem with the discussion then I suggest you contact the person who posted the tweets or contact the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,227 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Im confused about the question in regards to FG.

The Governement made the decision about the nurses, not just FG.

Plus the student nurses did not get denied payment for the work during the pandemic. They got paid.

It's obvious FG are calling the shots...look at the internal squabbling in FF when Micheal had to eat grass and back Leo...having had to let Calleary and Cowen go.
    Hogan would have walked away without sanction too only he lied to his EU boss too.
    Micheal is a puppet Taoiseach.

It's obvious FG are calling the shots...look at the internal squabbling in FF when Micheal had to eat grass and back Leo...having had to let Calleary and Cowen go.
    Hogan would have walked away without sanction too only he lied to his EU boss too.
    Micheal is a puppet Taoiseach.

If you say so.
    In regards to letting TD's go then FF and MM where right. The TD's made mistakes and had to lose their position.
    It's a pity some other parties wouldn't have the same standard.

If you say so.
    In regards to letting TD's go then FF and MM where right. The TD's made mistakes and had to lose their position.

Hogan would still be in FG and have the confidence of the government and LEO and Helen McEntee had the wagons circled around them.

Lot of anger in FF and growing. Micheal is between a rock and a hard place and is being played by smarter politicians.

Hogan would still be in FG and have the confidence of the government and LEO and Helen McEntee had the wagons circled around them.

Lot of anger in FF and growing. Micheal is between a rock and a hard place and is being played by smarter politicians.

You havent a clue what is going on in SF which you are clearly a long term member of. So not sure why you think you know what is going on in any other political party.

Smarter politicians, remind me who is the Taoiseach?

I still remember the video of Mary Lou after the election saying she would be next Taoiseach :P now she is on the radio trying to cover up for a rabble getting further and further away from ever been a Taoiseach. She might have to jump back to FF to get her wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Stanley’s refusal to resign sets the tone for Sinn Fein.

From Calleary to Cowen and Fitzgerald to Murphy, the other main parties have shown what to do.

The next week will be all about Stanley, will he, won’t he, all Sinn Féin’s fault for dragging it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

You havent a clue what is going on in SF which you are clearly a long term member of. So not sure why you think you know what is going on in any other political party.

I still remember the video of Mary Lou after the election saying she would be next Taoiseach :P now she is on the radio trying to cover up for a rabble getting further and further away from ever been a Taoiseach. She might have to jump back to FF to get her wish

Eh SF are currently at their highest popularity in the polls ever and just had their best election in decades.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Stanley’s refusal to resign sets the tone for Sinn Fein.

From Calleary to Cowen and Fitzgerald to Murphy, the other main parties have shown what to do.

The next week will be all about Stanley, will he, won’t he, all Sinn Féin’s fault for dragging it out.

I'd say it will all be about important stuff from Wednesday...Brexit.

:) Half the Dáil have to be reminded who the Taoiseach is. :)

Said before the election that Martin would do whatever was necessary to be Taoiseach, including destroying FF. He is FG's stooge.
    If the polls are anything to go by, he set about that from the election itself. 'Will never go into government with FG'...FG 25 points ahead of them in the polls and calling the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Seriously though, does this government ever do any work? Anything worthwhile? Any reform? Any decent legislation?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Seriously though, does this government ever do any work? Anything worthwhile? Any reform? Any decent legislation?

Shout Sinn Féin this Sinn Féin that while voting against every motion the opposition put forward.

As one student nurse said, a Fine Gael TD told her reason they rejected the motion last week was because PBP put it forward. That's all you need to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If you say so.

Yep. Varadkar lying and passing the confidential document to a pal.
    Or the Varadkar crony getting a top judicial spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They did vote no to paying student nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    Yep. Varadkar lying and passing the confidential document to a pal.
    Or the Varadkar crony getting a top judicial spot.

The message is clear. Rule breaking and immoral/illegal activity is fine for some parties. The compo claims told us this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I tell ya what some of these lads in the Dail have some neck. Imagine having done things like this and still having the gall to fake outrage. This man should be sidelined and shunned.

https://twitter.com/EmmaJaneDempsey/status/1334115082821906435?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Plenty. Maybe stay out of the SF gutter and you will see it.

Mod

Please improve the standard of your posting away from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Shout Sinn Féin this Sinn Féin that while voting against every motion the opposition put forward.

As one student nurse said, a Fine Gael TD told her reason they rejected the motion last week was because PBP put it forward. That's all you need to know

And a bird once told me.....

If you looked into the reasons, it had knock on repercussions to the stability of the public finances when you took into account the way the bill was worded.
    Allowing them PUP was a better way forward for the short term.

https://www.fiannafail.ie/latest-news/
    Details here
    Also all parties have facebook sites with regular updates on what they are doing. Easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It's a letter given before a judgement is made.
    The letter says nothing apart from any dealings he had with the person he had no issue.
    Does not reference to say he knows anything about the charges.
    He is a TD since 2002, this was written in 2006, he is Ceann Comhairle since 2016 and the week SF need the media to talk about something else this letter comes out. Strange coincidence.

Did the fact the the tweet came from the victim of the person he defended completely escape you in your efforts to blame SF?

Does the concept of due diligence not apply before a TD (from any party) goes about writing a character reference for a constituent who is before the courts?

Did he check what this person was on trial for?
    Did he check if there was any previous convictions for similar offences?

We aren't talking about parking tickets here - he wrote a character reference for a convinced sex offender who was on trial for sexual offenses so either he didn't do even a minimal amount of research or he didn't care.

Much like the situation with Heather Humphreys who 'passed on a letter' to the courts in support of a convicted animal abuser who is literally banned from owning animals who was on trial yet again for animal abuse. Didn't know or didn't care?

Doesn't matter - there are apparently no repercussions.

FG - supporting abusers of all species without fear.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Did the fact the the tweet came from the victim of the person he defended completely escape you in your efforts to blame SF?

Does the concept of due diligence not apply before a TD (from any party) goes about writing a character reference for a constituent who is before the courts?

We aren't talking about parking tickets here - he wrote a character reference for a convinced sex offender who was on trial for sexual offenses so either he did do even a minimal amount of research or he didn't care.

Much like the situation with Heather Humphreys who 'passed on a letter' to the courts in support of a convicted animal abuser who is literally banned from owning animals who was on trial yet again for animal abuse. Didn't know or didn't care?

All good questions, the letter was written 14 years ago why hasn't someone asked him?
    Was the person a convicted sex offender when the letter was written? the way the tweet reads is this was given for the court case so he wasn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have seen that before - FFG voting down perfectly good bills/motions because it wasn't their idea. It's very spiteful and dishonest. I guess when you are elite, you cannot accept good ideas from anyone else.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I have seen that before - FFG voting down perfectly good bills/motions because it wasn't their idea. It's very spiteful and dishonest. I guess when you are elite, you cannot accept good ideas from anyone else.

And yet you will hear government TD's and supporters shouting that the opposition have no ideas.

All good questions, the letter was written 14 years ago why hasn't someone asked him?

Genuine question here - do you do even the slightest amount of research before posting?
    I ask as you have gone on the defence of gov't members/policies only to have someone come along with a few easily available facts shortly afterwards so it honestly makes me wonder what you are trying to achieve here.

This was all over the news in Feb/March. A simple google search would answer your question.

https://kfmradio.com/news/28022020-1059/listen-ofearghail-issues-private-apology-character-reference-survivor-child

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2020/02/28/a-character-reference/

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/521341/ceann-comhairle-sean-o-fearghail-called-to-resign-by-kildare-childhood-sex-abuse-survivor.html

https://avondhupress.ie/politicians-references-for-rapists-are-legally-worthless-and-cause-real-hurt/

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30984023.html

Genuine question here - do you do even the slightest amount of research before posting?
    I ask as you have gone on the defence of gov't members/policies only to have someone come along with a few easily available facts shortly afterwards so it honestly makes me wonder what you are trying to achieve here.

This was all over the news in Feb/March. A simple google search would answer your question.

https://kfmradio.com/news/28022020-1059/listen-ofearghail-issues-private-apology-character-reference-survivor-child

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/521341/ceann-comhairle-sean-o-fearghail-called-to-resign-by-kildare-childhood-sex-abuse-survivor.html

https://avondhupress.ie/politicians-references-for-rapists-are-legally-worthless-and-cause-real-hurt/

Genuine question, why are you attacking me when I responded to a post on this forum? why are you not asking the person that posted the tweet if this was already covered?

Floppybits wrote: »
    And yet you will hear government TD's and supporters shouting that the opposition have no ideas.

So someone posts on a forum about a student nurse who seemingly had a conversation with an unnamed politician who said they voted it down because it was brought up by PBP?
    Not spot a few holes in that story? plus also the fact it is posted by a SF supporters

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That story is as old as the fog on these threads - solutionking "won't have been aware of it" though, it's mad, for a poster to have such an interest in current affairs (going by the post count) to be so uninformed about things.

We aren't talking about parking tickets here - he wrote a character reference for a convinced sex offender who was on trial for sexual offenses so either he didn't do even a minimal amount of research or he didn't care.

He dodged a bullet on that letter. The Virus saved his bacon. That poor family had worked hard at their campaign to get him and Martin to address the issue and that campaign had come to boiling point just when we got hit with the first lockdown.

Micheal Martin, choose not to stand on the the steps of the Dáil for photo ops with this girl on her search for justice and redress, for some reason. :)

Good to see if was discussed and resolved already
    Why was the poster bringing this back into the thread if it is old news?

Genuine question, why are you attacking me when I responded to a post on this forum? why are you not asking the person that posted the tweet if this was already covered?

Can you not even check your own posting history now?
    You 'responded' by complaining about a tweet, having a go at SF, plus claiming 'it was all years ago' so not relevant (although defending a sexual predator doesn't have a time limit imho).

It was pointed out that the the tweet was not from SF but an actual victim of the sexual abuser, and that this was all in the news earlier in the year.

You then asked a question that could have been answered by a simple google but failed to address what this has to do with SF.

None of that is attacking you - it is pointing out your own posting history, and commenting on your tendency to jump in with knee jerk defence without apparently having done any research - rather like a FG TD writing a character reference for someone up before the Beak.

• Advertisement

Can you not even check your own posting history now?
    You 'responded' by complaining about a tweet, having a go at SF, plus claiming 'it was all years ago' so not relevant (although defending a sexual predator doesn't have a time limit imho).

It was pointed out that the the tweet was not from SF but an actual victim of the sexual abuser, and that this was all in the news earlier in the year.

You then asked a question that could have been answered by a simple google but failed to address what this has to do with SF.

None of that is attacking you - it is pointing out your own posting history, and commenting on your tendency to jump in with knee jerk defence without apparently having done any research - rather like a FG TD writing a character reference for someone up before the Beak.

My response
    It's a letter given before a judgement is made.
    The letter says nothing apart from any dealings he had with the person he had no issue.
    Does not reference to say he knows anything about the charges.
    He is a TD since 2002, this was written in 2006, he is Ceann Comhairle since 2016 and the week SF need the media to talk about something else this letter comes out. Strange coincidence.

I didn't say the tweet was from SF or "have a go", I said it was a strange coincidence this had come to light this week. So no idea what you are talking about? Plus I deleted the post.
    Why don't you question the person for posting it if this was already covered? if you have a problem with people doing a "simple google" would you not ask them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement