Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

My response
    It's a letter given before a judgement is made.
    The letter says nothing apart from any dealings he had with the person he had no issue.
    Does not reference to say he knows anything about the charges.
    He is a TD since 2002, this was written in 2006, he is Ceann Comhairle since 2016 and the week SF need the media to talk about something else this letter comes out. Strange coincidence.

I didn't say the tweet was from SF or "have a go", I said it was a strange coincidence this had come to light this week. So no idea what you are talking about? Plus I deleted the post.
    Why don't you question the person for posting it if this was already covered? if you have a problem with people doing a "simple google" would you not ask them?

A victim read his hypocrisy and took to social media to voice their disgust. Would you rather silence victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I don't really care anymore what SF are doing anymore. Just looks like a desperate attempt by FG to detract from their own problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

smurgen wrote: »
    A victim read his hypocrisy and took to social media to voice their disgust. Would you rather silence victims?

Did I say to silence victims?
    The poster Bannasidhe seems to be questioning why this is been discussed on this thread because it was discussed months ago. You should ask them if they want to silence victims?
    According to them a simple google by you would have confirmed this was already discussed so should not have been shared.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

The poster Bannasidhe seems to be questioning why this is been discussed on this thread because it was discussed months ago. You should ask them if they want to silence victims?
    According to them a simple google by you would have confirmed this was already discussed so should not have been shared.

You tried to defend a man who wrote a character reference for a sexual abuser. You didn't know the story behind it but jumped into defend him as he is a Govt man.

Disgusting tbh but that's the FFG way

You tried to defend a man who wrote a character reference for a sexual abuser. You didn't know the story behind it but jumped into defend him as he is a Govt man.

Disgusting tbh but that's the FFG way

I asked a question, it was worded wrong and I deleted the post. Someone quoted it before I deleted. No need for faux outrage
    As Mary Lou said, the tone was wrong.

P.S how many parties now have you accused me of supporting? now its just a blank FFG :-) try again

• Advertisement

I asked a question, it was worded wrong and I deleted the post. Someone quoted it before I deleted. No need for faux outrage
    As Mary Lou said, the tone was wrong.

P.S how many parties now have you accused me of supporting? now its just a blank FFG :-) try again

I said you supported this Scumbag who writes character references for sexual abusers.

That's the type of you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The poster Bannasidhe is doing nothing of the kind so you can kindly stop projecting your handwaving tactics on to me.
    I understand completely how it is relevant.
    Would you like me to spell it out for you?

"Politician who wrote a reference for a serial, convicted, sexual abuser claims to be outraged by a tweet"

YOU are the one who was trying to dismiss it, or claim it only emerged due to SFSFSFSFSFSF, until you realised how bad it looked that you were dismissing the victim of sexual abuse and/or that it was all over the news 9 months ago.

YOU then tried a faux innocent question as to why no one 'asked questions' - it was at this point I told YOU a simple piece of research would have answered YOUR question.

I am starting to wonder if you are in reality deeply anti-Gov't as if your posts are genuine attempts to defend them then wow. Own goal every time.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The poster Bannasidhe is doing nothing of the kind so you can kindly stop projecting your handwaving tactics on to me.
    I understand completely how it is relevant.
    Would you like me to spell it out for you?

"Politician who wrote a reference for a serial, convicted, sexual abuser claims to be outraged by a tweet"

YOU are the one who was trying to dismiss it, or claim it only emerged due to SFSFSFSFSFSF, until you realised how bad it looked that you were dismissing the victim of sexual abuse and/or that it was all over the news 9 months ago.

YOU then tried a faux innocent question as to why no one 'asked questions' - it was at this point I told YOU a simple piece of research would have answered YOUR question.

I am starting to wonder if you are in reality deeply anti-FG as if your posts are genuine attempts to defend them then wow. Own goal every time.

1. I deleted the post but you quoted prior
    2. What has FG got to do with this?
    3. Stop making everything personal.
    4. Don't really care what you wonder to be honest, you are so busying attacking me you don't even realise the TD is FF.

4. Don't really care what you wonder to be honest, you are so busying attacking me you don't even realise the TD is FF.

You tries to defend him without knowing the full story. The backtracking since has been funny

• Advertisement

The last bit of Point number 4 I concede.
    I shall amend (not delete to try and pretend it never happened and then attempt to cry foul when someone picked up on it - my mistake shall be preserved in your quote for eternity) to read 'gov't' where I previously mistook a FFer for a FGer which is a silly mistake as they are obvs polar opposites in every single regard.

As for me 'attacking you' I am attacking your posts - if you believe I am being personal hit the report button, that is what it is for.

The last bit of Point number 4 I concede.
    I shall amend (not delete to try and pretend it never happened and then attempt to cry foul when someone picked up on it - my mistake shall be preserved in your quote for eternity) to read 'gov't' where I previously mistook a FFer for a FGer which is a silly mistake as they are obvs polar opposites in every single regard.

As for me 'attacking you' I am attacking your posts - if you believe I am being personal hit the report button, that is what it is for.

You are attacking a deleted post. So go ahead, attack it.
    A post I might add you seen was deleted while you responded to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I think every TD and Senator should donate a month's salary to be divided among the student Nurses, HSE management should do the same,

You are attacking a deleted post. So go ahead, attack it.

No.
    Questioning a post is not 'attacking'.
    It obviously wasn't deleted when I questioned your response.
    You deleted it after I pointed out the tweet you were complaining about was from the victim.

This is what I responded to: It is a defence of a character reference for a convicted sex offender plus an attempt to link it to SF plus a complete non-reference to the fact that that was very much in the news in 2020.
    Originally Posted by Solutionking
    It's a letter given before a judgement is made.
    The letter says nothing apart from any dealings he had with the person he had no issue.
    Does not reference to say he knows anything about the charges.
    He is a TD since 2002, this was written in 2006, he is Ceann Comhairle since 2016 and the week SF need the media to talk about something else this letter comes out. Strange coincidence.

Might be time to stop digging.

I think every TD and Senator should donate a month's salary to be divided among the student Nurses, HSE management should do the same,

No the cabinet should have been like cop the **** on. We can't be doing this especially after the way we treated the student nurses but no all they see is €€€€€ signs

May as well get as much as they can because alot of them won't be elected next time

No.
    Questioning a post is not 'attacking'.
    It obviously wasn't deleted when I questioned your response.
    You deleted it after I pointed out the tweet you were complaining about was from the victim.

Might be time to stop digging.

It was deleted straight away when I re-read and you know that.
    You said you are questioning the post and not the poster, the post is deleted so what exactly are you questioning now?
    Or are people not allowed to delete posts on boards now?
    You also lied saying I posted saying the tweet was from SF which I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You said you are questioning the post and not the poster, the post is deleted so what exactly are you questioning now?

Looking at the last few days and your probs with tweets and how to read them. Maybe get a crash course on how Twitter works?
    You got yourself in the same cul de sac yesterday, completely misreading Christina O'Mahony's tweets and Leo Varadkar's one and who answered who.

It's not hard to figure out, about 10 minutes would do it.

No the cabinet should have been like cop the **** on. We can't be doing this especially after the way we treated the student nurses but no all they see is €€€€€ signs

May as well get as much as they can because alot of them won't be elected next time

Did you read the link you posted, its every party Whip who is getting a raise, so you are not going to elect any TD's?

Furthermore, the Cabinet has approved an increased allowance for the party whips including an increase from €10,000 to €19,000 for the Sinn Féin whip Pádraig Mac Lochlainn. Sources confirmed that the assistant Sinn Féin whip will receive an increase from €5,000 to €9,500.

The Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil whips will receive €10,000 while the Green Party, Solidarity, Labour and Social Democrats whips will receive a €6,000 allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Isn't it just amazing, not a whisper, not a sneaky leak, not a raised eyebrow or voice for that matter, even opposition TD'S uncharacteristically quite, I wonder why? Disgraceful, there all certainly in it together when it comes to allowances.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Isn't it just amazing, not a whisper, not a sneaky leak, not a raised eyebrow or voice for that matter, even opposition TD'S uncharacteristically quite, I wonder why? Disgraceful, there all certainly in it together when it comes to allowances.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1336305791230423049

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You also lied saying I posted saying the tweet was from SF which I didn't.

Valuable lesson to be learned so, reread before posting in defence of something you obviously knew too little about to be defending, "measure twice, cut once" as my dad would say.

No point getting all huffy because someone quoted an ill thought out post. The onus is on all of us to check the veracity of what we're posting before hitting the submit button. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He can say that again. Everything is coming up Woulfe ��

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1336300910927097859?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    He can say that again. Everything is coming up Woulfe ��

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1336300910927097859?s=19

Hundreds of thousands on PUP or Short time and they are throwing out money to people who will have to recuse themselves from any court sitting if they are still members of any political party

The government has launched an Action Plan for insurance reform which includes 66 actions to reduce the cost.
    Hopefully this delivers on it's promise.

The government has launched an Action Plan for insurance reform which includes 66 actions to reduce the cost.
    Hopefully this delivers on it's promise.

Talk about an open goal

Did you read the link you posted, its every party Whip who is getting a raise, so you are not going to elect any TD's?

Furthermore, the Cabinet has approved an increased allowance for the party whips including an increase from €10,000 to €19,000 for the Sinn Féin whip Pádraig Mac Lochlainn. Sources confirmed that the assistant Sinn Féin whip will receive an increase from €5,000 to €9,500.

The Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil whips will receive €10,000 while the Green Party, Solidarity, Labour and Social Democrats whips will receive a €6,000 allowance.

Yes i did read it. When the same positions got a rise last time, Sinn Fein refused it (and will do again)

So what do you make of cabinet agreeing to give more money out to TDs while voting against Student Nurses getting paid after promising they would be pais for the duration of the pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Dempo1 wrote: »

They are all too busy arguing over rediculous tweets and who has the higher morals. Nothing but a bunch of money grabbing wasters.

At least the SF whips have said they will not be taking it. No chance the others would follow suit.

Yes i did read it. When the same positions got a rise last time, Sinn Fein refused it (and will do again)

So what do you make of cabinet agreeing to give more money out to TDs while voting against Student Nurses getting paid after promising they would be pais for the duration of the pandemic?

I doubt the sincerity of that, we had one SF TD saying that he was rejecting pay cuts and then swore full expenses during covid and he lived in Dublin.
    They are two completely different topics in reality.
    TD's are overpaid I agree.
    Student nurses shouldn't get paid I also agree with as well.
    Trying to throw the two of them together is incorrect

• Advertisement

Which bit is lying? it was always temporary, did student nurses really think from now on they would get paid?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement