Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Which bit is lying? it was always temporary, did student nurses really think from now on they would get paid?

Simon stated Nurses will get paid for the Duration of the pandemic (Duration)

It dosnt happen

The Govt vote against paying them

Leo says it was only temporary anyway.

Thats not true, we were told we would be paid for the Duration of rhhe pandemic. Nobody said it was a temporary payment for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

Simon stated Nurses will get paid for the Duration of the pandemic (Duration)

It dosnt happen

The Govt vote against paying them

Leo says it was only temporary anyway.

Thats not true, we were told we would be paid for the Duration of rhhe pandemic. Nobody said it was a temporary payment for a while

You do realise we have a whole new government with a new Taoiseach and a new Minister of Health.
    My view is that the student nurses would get paid during the crisis and they did, Covid itself will not be over for years and student nurses where never going to get paid for the entire time.

You do realise we have a whole new government with a new Taoiseach and a new Minister of Health.
    My view is that the student nurses would get paid during the crisis and they did, Covid itself will not be over for years and student nurses where never going to get paid for the entire time.

Ah lovely the crisis is over. Fantastic, im away for a few pints no meal needed and might have a party tonight.

Simon Harris said students will be paid for the DURATION of the pandemic. He voted against paying student nurses and midwives.

The reason a FG TD voted against it was because it was a PBP motion. The FG way

Ah lovely the crisis is over. Fantastic, im away for a few pints no meal needed and might have a party tonight.

Simon Harris said students will be paid for the DURATION of the pandemic. He voted against paying student nurses and midwives.

The reason a FG TD voted against it was because it was a PBP motion. The FG way

Simon Harris is not the Minister of Health. As the government said when the student nurses got paid the HSE had over 900 people in hospital and it was a crisis. The numbers are below 300 and it is no longer a crisis. If you want to argue with the numbers and words they are the only ones that count. I would expect if those numbers increase again then they would resume payment of the student nurses as the HSE would be back into a crisis.

Simon Harris is not the Minister of Health. As the government said when the student nurses got paid the HSE had over 900 people in hospital and it was a crisis. The numbers are below 300 and it is no longer a crisis. If you want to argue with the numbers and words they are the only ones that count. I would expect if those numbers increase again then they would resume payment of the student nurses as the HSE would be back into a crisis.

He Voted against something he said would be paid for the Duration of the pandemic.

Spin it whatever way you wanted, he promised nurses and midwives be paid for the Duration of the pandemic.

He then voted against paying them

Maybe he thought after the 18 Covids before that was the end of it

• Advertisement

He Voted against something he said would be paid for the Duration of the pandemic.

Spin it whatever way you wanted, he promised nurses and midwives be paid for the Duration of the pandemic.

He then voted against paying them

Maybe he thought after the 18 Covids before that was the end of it

Take it up with Harris so.
    It is just one of the many errors he has made, personally I think the Childrens hospital massively outranks it

Take it up with Harris so.
    It is just one of the many errors he has made, personally I think the Childrens hospital massively outranks it

This is a Govt thread and Simon is part of Govt. Where else do you want me to post about it?

FFG have just lost any student votes they had (well apart from the boys and girls from the posh parts of Dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I wonder did the raises for the Judges and party whips come from the magic money tree?

Surely any decent fellows would say, 'hey, I'm already minted, sure give it to student nurses, (at least until the pandemic passes)?'.
    We're all in this together *slow hand clap*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It was deleted straight away when I re-read and you know that.
    You said you are questioning the post and not the poster, the post is deleted so what exactly are you questioning now?
    Or are people not allowed to delete posts on boards now?
    You also lied saying I posted saying the tweet was from SF which I didn't.

Oh do stop being absurd. Like I have nothing better to do than monitor when you delete posts you regret submitting.
    You posted, I responded.
    I came back from taking my elderly mother to the doctor to find you were still trying to spin and making false claims about what 'that poster Bannasidhe' was doing - I found out your post was deleted after you said it was deleted - I checked i.e I did some research.

Now, if you want to play silly buggers spin the words:

I did not say you said it was 'by SF' I said
    Did the fact the the tweet came from the victim of the person he defended completely escape you in your efforts to blame SF?
    It was pointed out that the the tweet was not from SF but an actual victim of the sexual abuser, and that this was all in the news earlier in the year.

You then asked a question that could have been answered by a simple google but failed to address what this has to do with SF.

"pointed out the tweet was not from SF" is not the same as "you said SF tweeted."

Twice you called the tweet a 'coincidence' that it happened to come out the same week as SF was in trouble... YOU made the link between SF and the tweet.

As for this whole big deal you are making about the post I responded to being deleted YOU quoted it in it's entirely so essentially put that particular ball back into play. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115548122&postcount=3721

You're only making this worse for yourself.

Bowie wrote: »
    I wonder did the raises for the Judges and party whips come from the magic money tree?

Its only a magic money tree, when its not going directly to themselves and their mates

• Advertisement

This is a Govt thread and Simon is part of Govt. Where else do you want me to post about it?

FFG have just lost any student votes they had (well apart from the boys and girls from the posh parts of Dublin)

No they haven't. What has section of Dublin got to do with anything? :confused:

Surely any decent fellows would say, 'hey, I'm already minted, sure give it to student nurses, (at least until the pandemic passes)?'.
    We're all in this together *slow hand clap*

Doubt it, I would say that was always in budget

No they haven't. What has section of Dublin got to do with anything? :confused:

Yes they have the recent Red C Poll showed us from ages 18-34, 41% would vote SF compared to 10% FF and 19% FG.

Lets see what % FF and FG are on after the next poll for this age group.

That part of Dublin will always be FG stronghold, Rich boys looking down their nose on the working class

Doubt it, I would say that was always in budget

You seem to know all about it...
    Ahh the magic money tree arrives. Give it an old shake
    I am not hitting anyone mon amie. I am just aware a magic money tree is not available. So if everyone wants the student nurses to get paid then everyone digs deep. The Christmas bonus is not essential. People are still provided with social welfare. So use the budget for that to pay the nurses. Better to pay someone working and helping would you not think?

How do you know what TD's can or can't afford? sure look at Violet Anne who robbed a charity and can't afford to pay it back.

Or the TD in Dublin who had to get full expenses in the middle of a crisis when nobdoy could travel.

So did the judges and whips raises come from the magic money tree? Or did we have to cut social welfare to give the raises?

So if you put your wish in the budget the money magically appears? It's a pity the government are powerless to set the budget.
    Oh wait they voted against student nurses getting paid.

Michael Martin today giving out about the SPBP motion to pay student nurses and midwives saying "It attempts to put some politicans in one corner, and another group in another"

He is so out of touch its unreal

Sinn Fein have confirmed they will not take this ridicuolus pay rise for Junior Ministers. Lets see will FFG follow?

Sinn Fein have confirmed they will not take this ridicuolus pay rise for Junior Ministers. Lets see will FFG follow?

I've more issue with them taking it who voted no to paying student nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Yes they have the recent Red C Poll showed us from ages 18-34, 41% would vote SF compared to 10% FF and 19% FG.

Lets see what % FF and FG are on after the next poll for this age group.

That part of Dublin will always be FG stronghold, Rich boys looking down their nose on the working class

Certainly appears to be somebody on here looking down their nose at another class, with the repeated derogatory references to people purely because they come from certain parts of Dublin.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Certainly appears to be somebody on here looking down their nose at another class, with the repeated derogatory references to people purely because they come from certain parts of Dublin.

They look down their nose at me. My "type" as they call us SF supporters. I will give back as good as I get

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

We have post on here posters on here calling people belligerent Unionist and partitionist. Every couple of posts I get accused of been a supporter of XYZ party.
    Now poster are trying to break out sections of parties.
    It seems nothing has been learned from Northern Ireland and everyone has to be put into a category.

• Advertisement

We have post on here posters on here calling people belligerent Unionist and partitionist. Every couple of posts I get accused of been a supporter of XYZ party.
    It seems nothing has been learned from Northern Ireland and everyone has to be put into a category.

Says the man thinks everybody critical of government is a shinner.

They have been put in categories Student Nurses promised pay for working during the pandemic.

Govt decided ah **** that our Junior Ministers deserve a few pound

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

They look down their nose at me. My "type" as they call us SF supporters. I will give back as good as I get

Who are you giving it back to exactly? Generalisations are never good. I've met plenty of great people from the richer parts of Dublin that wouldn't look down their noses at anyone.

How would anyone know what political party you support?

They have been put in categories Student Nurses promised pay for working during the pandemic.

Govt decided ah **** that our Junior Ministers deserve a few pound

They did pay student nurses during the crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Says the man thinks everybody critical of government is a shinner.

Oh there was a poster on here who called those who are critical of the government of a lot worse.

Any word on the FG 'heavies' calling around to other members houses to have a 'talk' with them?

They never paid them for the Duration of the pandemic as promised.

What do you make of the Govt giving extra money to Junior Ministers and Judges or are you going to ignore thart

You think it's over weeks ago? Seriously?

I've heard someone else try make that claim...
    Trump’s Epic Coronavirus Fail Follows Bush’s 9/11 Playbook

bush-mission-accomplished-2003-iraq-trump-coronavirus-AP_03050109208-crop.jpg?resize=800,533&quality=90

You never answered my question. Did the Judges and whips get their raises by cutting the Christmas bonus from welfare or the magic money tree or where?

They never paid them for the Duration of the pandemic as promised.

What do you make of the Govt giving extra money to Junior Ministers and Judges or are you going to ignore thart

Keep asking the same question doesn't get a different answer.
    What you want next? people complaining because Bertie promised them XYZ during his time as Taoiseach :p
    I already said TD's are overpaid. Expenses are a huge rip off as well which some parties take the complete pi** on. Don't you agree?

• Advertisement

You think it's over weeks ago? Seriously?

I've heard someone else try make that claim...

You never answered my question. Did the Judges and whips get their raises by cutting the Christmas bonus from welfare or the magic money tree or where?

Sorry I don't live in the US.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement