Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Bowie wrote: »
    This is the kind of thing FF/FG get into politics for. We've seen it time and again. They've had to get slicker but occasionally we hear about this kind of ridiculousness. Some people should be sacked and do time for organising this because somebody signed off on it.

A man who is his company's sole employee. A company that puts on gigs in the middle east, got the contract. Just let that sink in.

We know the stoke pulling behind FG and ff especially.

You are sinn fein AFAIK.
    Lets not go there because we know what we get with them.

As for Labour, everytime they got in to power the amount of advisors shot up and then we had things like Dept of Education paying over the odds for the labour leader's wifes property.

The thing is in this country it is not always a political party that is involved.

Yes often it is a political party, but there is wholesale climate in public sector, and indeed in parts of the private, where it is not what you know, how much better you can do it or how much cheaper you can do it.

It is WHO DO YOU KNOW.

Hell it is often the way we a a people seem to do things.

Ever been dragged to a job interview with a public or state owned entity just for show, because they needed to pretend that it was all above board when they gave the gig to an insider.

Ever see hurdles being put in place to make sure a certain company or contractor gets the contract ?

Ah but the powers that be will tell us they met the requirements when the requirements can be written in such a way to make sure there is one winner.

And you say people should be sacked.

FFS what age are you ?
    Has anyone ever been sacked in this country for anything?

And there were much worse things than this especially involving dept of health.

Yes in a proper country someone should have to tell us why this happened and there should be someone fired.

But lets not be deluded and actually believe anything will happen in this case.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This is the kind of thing FF/FG get into politics for. We've seen it time and again. They've had to get slicker but occasionally we hear about this kind of ridiculousness. Some people should be sacked and do time for organising this because somebody signed off on it.

A man who is his company's sole employee. A company that puts on gigs in the middle east, got the contract. Just let that sink in.

Couple it with their other antics - no need to go back too far, just pick a random year of the last decade.

No wonder McEntee has no issues with the way she selected, didn't Enda publicly announce for her not to worry about the by-election, if she didn't get in, he'd give her a seat on the Seanad.

And yet they can't fathom why people wouldn't vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Suckit wrote: »
    Couple it with their other antics - no need to go back too far, just pick a random year of the last decade.

No wonder McEntee has no issues with the way she selected, didn't Enda publicly announce for her not to worry about the by-election, if she didn't get in, he'd give her a seat on the Seanad.

And yet they can't fathom why people wouldn't vote for them.

They owed her and she knew it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

jmayo wrote: »
    We know the stoke pulling behind FG and ff especially.

You are sinn fein AFAIK.
    Lets not go there because we know what we get with them.

As for Labour, everytime they got in to power the amount of advisors shot up and then we had things like Dept of Education paying over the odds for the labour leader's wifes property.

The thing is in this country it is not always a political party that is involved.

Yes often it is a political party, but there is wholesale climate in public sector, and indeed in parts of the private, where it is not what you know, how much better you can do it or how much cheaper you can do it.

It is WHO DO YOU KNOW.

Hell it is often the way we a a people seem to do things.

Ever been dragged to a job interview with a public or state owned entity just for show, because they needed to pretend that it was all above board when they gave the gig to an insider.

Ever see hurdles being put in place to make sure a certain company or contractor gets the contract ?

Ah but the powers that be will tell us they met the requirements when the requirements can be written in such a way to make sure there is one winner.

And you say people should be sacked.

FFS what age are you ?
    Has anyone ever been sacked in this country for anything?

And there were much worse things than this especially involving dept of health.

Yes in a proper country someone should have to tell us why this happened and there should be someone fired.

But lets not be deluded and actually believe anything will happen in this case.

I'm not but I prefer them to FF/FG. More a SD person.
    Yes, because that would be irellivant regarding this.

Yes, that's not good enough on the tax payers coin. We deserve better than what we've come to expect from FF/FG and hangers on.

Yes. It's cronyism with other peoples money. It should be recognised as fraud. As with any crony sweet deal.

Well excusing it as 'the way it is' and scaremongering any party outside of FF/FG, you might be okay with it. I'm not.

So the tender for the IT set up to coordinate the logistics of the vaccine roll out still hasn't been released.
    I'd say FF and FG are haggling to see who's crony gets it.
    My money is on the one man company who puts gigs on in the middles east.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why should tax increases be off the table?

If we want better services, they have to be paid for in taxation. People are crying for student nurses to get paid, they are whinging about the PUP being phased out, it all has to be paid for, sooner or later, by taxation.

The government finances were put in such strong shape over the last half-decade that we are able to borrow uncontrollably for 18 months - after that, we have to increase taxation or cut spending.

Cut spending and focus on value for money. Hse would be a great place to start. Social welfare department next.

Tighten the belt and rebuild another rainy day fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Cut spending and focus on value for money. Hse would be a great place to start. Social welfare department next.

Tighten the belt and rebuild another rainy day fund.

Not a single party advocates for a cut in health spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Dammit, I should have put a bet on.

Well it's one way to avoid answering the more tricky questions for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So the tender for the IT set up to coordinate the logistics of the vaccine roll out still hasn't been released.
    I'd say FF and FG are haggling to see who's crony gets it.
    My money is on the one man company who puts gigs on in the middles east.

You do know that there is no political interference on who gets to tender?
    FF or FG or whomever in government do not decide which company wins a tender.

This has been explained to you time and time again, yet you persist with this lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They should at least have somebody qualified making their purchases. Paying €14.1million up front for 72 ventilators they never used, from a company with assets of just €122 and no trading history....

Although, unsure who in government at the time would have been able to help, they were still reeling from a hospital that kept costing more money..
    It would seem even the cronies suffer from the same accountancy issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,230 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Michael losing the rag and making a cod of himself.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1339197451513847808

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

That man isn't fit to run a bath never mind a country.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The people's party elite bedding nicely and comfortably into power
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1216/1184842-green-party-ceta/

markodaly wrote: »
    You do know that there is no political interference on who gets to tender?
    FF or FG or whomever in government do not decide which company wins a tender.

This has been explained to you time and time again, yet you persist with this lie.

How do you explain it? The man is the only employee in his company. He promotes gigs in the middles east. He got the contract to bring in medical respirators/ventilators. I'll say that sounds very odd and likely crony.

What lie? You are the liar here. I persist in pointing out dodgy deals and voice my opinion. You try shut myself and others down in a generally irate manner.
    It seems crony to me. Do you think it sounds okay? Do we not have medical importers in Ireland? Where none of them interested?

If I said I knew for a fact it was a crony deal and you knew for a fact it wasn't, that would be a lie. You should really think before you lose the run of yourself.

Re-write history. Probably how he sleeps at night.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The people's party elite bedding nicely and comfortably into power
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1216/1184842-green-party-ceta/

The Green leadership explaining how they sold out.

Oh Micheál, Micheál, it was all going along nicely, keeping your head down, doing the statesman act, then you lose the rag and they're all after you again. :):)

Getting roasted everywhere you look. The cratur!

Darragh O'Brien getting slapped around on Drive time.
    Called out on supporting the very policies he railed against when he was in opposition. Giving it the 'can't build houses over night' and gets hit with 'your partners in government were saying that 10 years ago. Will you be still saying it in another 10?'.
    He's even being forced to back MM on 'no bail out'. He's tied up in knots trying not to say he agrees without disagreeing, 'different interpretation' :) Chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Wasn't MM's point that we didn't bailout the shareholders of the banks though? He had a slip of the tongue, but he corrected himself immediately from the brief clip I saw.

• Advertisement

Darragh O'Brien getting slapped around on Drive time.
    Called out on supporting the very policies he railed against when he was in opposition. Giving it the 'can't build houses over night' and gets hit with 'your partners in government were saying that 10 years ago. Will you be still saying it in another 10?'.
    He's even being forced to back MM on 'no bail out'. He's tied up in knots trying not to say he agrees without disagreeing, 'different interpretation' :) Chancer.

Shambolic performance.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Wasn't MM's point that we didn't bailout the shareholders of the banks though? He had a slip of the tongue, but he corrected himself immediately from the brief clip I saw.

"The banks were not bailed out, *pause* Shareholders in the banks were not bailed out."

Direct quote. We know he's wrong. Maybe it was an error and he's not a liar but he said what he said.
    He certainly lied suggesting anyone claimed solutions to the FF/FG created societal problems were easy.

"The banks were not bailed out, *pause* Shareholders in the banks were not bailed out."

Direct quote. We know he's wrong. Maybe it was an error and he's not a liar but he said what he said.
    He certainly lied suggesting anyone claimed solutions to the FF/FG created societal problems were easy.

Clearly the 2nd part of his sentence is him correcting himself though?

You don't genuinely think MM has forgotten the bailout, do you? That's just outlandish.

Clearly the 2nd part of his sentence is him correcting himself though?

You don't genuinely think MM has forgotten the bailout, do you? That's just outlandish.

Sounds like he said both but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    If a bank is bailed out how would the affect any shareholders? If a bank is not charged tax on profits for 30 years how does that affect shareholders?
    Seems to me he was trying to put a bow on the bail outs.

Sounds like he said both but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    If a bank is bailed out how would the affect any shareholders? If a bank is not charged tax on profits for 30 years how does that affect shareholders?
    Seems to me he was trying to put a bow on the bail outs.

Shareholders were all but wiped out as part of the bailout and the State took over the equity. AIB and PTSB remain State owned banks to this day.

I think it's pretty clear to everyone in hindsight that the bailout needed to happen, and then put regulations in place to ensure it's never needed again. I shudder at the thought of would have happened if we didn't.

One of the main cogs in driving the country over a cliff and into the IMF. I'm not surprised he's trying to rewrite history.
    #notanormalparty.

Call for Dopey to correct the Dail record now.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Call for Dopey to correct the Dail record now.

So are we going with Dopey Michael Martin as our Sleepy Joe equivalent?

So are we going with Dopey Michael Martin as our Sleepy Joe equivalent?

I think if the cap fits he may as well wear it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

It's pretty exhausting listening to housing minister after housing minister talk about the provision of affordable homes as if it's the Apollo Space Program. Nobody is asking them to split the atom, just take on vested interests and get building.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement