Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Second highest quality of life according to the UN!!!

Oh but the people living in poverty, all used from a ridiculous set of criteria like not been able to eat out every 2 weeks!!

Give me a break FFS

Same sources.

My point is good an all that is it isn't the full story.

Your point seems to be 'Poverty? Nothing to see here'.

christy c wrote: »
    I'm not sure on the liking work part, but the government 100% are giving money to the 1 in 6 households who are not working. Many conveniently forget that or downplay it when it suits them.

You are avoiding the point.
    How many are people who decided not to work? Does the government give money to people who don't want to work?
    It always gets shunted on to a minute number of grifters ignoring the working tax payers forced to depend on welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Oh I'm so offended by your video!!

Typical go to for defenders of wasters.

You're a tory!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    You are avoiding the point.
    How many are people who decided not to work? Does the government give money to people who don't want to work?
    It always gets shunted on to a minute number of grifters ignoring the working tax payers forced to depend on welfare.

I'm ignoring nothing, we have 1 in 6 households jobless, colossal by anyone's standards. We usually don't hear much about that from those who claim to be worried about the taxpayer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Oh I'm so offended by your video!!

Typical go to for defenders of wasters.

You're a tory!!!

You seem out of sorts. U ok hun?

• Advertisement

A friend of mine,left her abusive husband with 3 kids,when he stabbed her,after 3 years of escalting abuse (was reason,wasnt online last few weeks,helping sort this)....catch a hold of yourself

I know plenty of people,who have had to move home this year....the country is fcuked,it cant provide a future for its youth,all the puff nonsense pushed isnt going to coverup the sh1thole situation of housing crisis....blaming magereet cash,for mates (both teachers) having to move home is a joke,from a jokeshop of a government

Do people genuinely not realise,people cant afford rent

People in every country in the world can't afford rent.

I hope your friend gets the help she needs and DESERVES, if only people like Maggie Cash didn't pull publicity stunts and gets bumped up housing lists then your friend who deserves a house would have one.

Just remember SF marched Maggie out on a protest and were behind her crusade.

Embarrassing at the minimum.

I'm ignoring nothing, we have 1 in 6 households jobless, colossal by anyone's standards. We usually don't hear much about that from those who claim to be worried about the taxpayer.

Well make that point. It's not related to mine.
    Blanch made another false claim that I don't acknowledge that we are dependent on welfare. Many certainly are. Many working tax payers. I've said before the country would probably collapse if not for state hand outs in one form or another (pre-Covid).

You seem out of sorts. U ok hun?

PM u.

People in every country in the world can't afford rent.

I hope your friend gets the help she needs and DESERVES, if only people like Maggie Cash didn't pull publicity stunts and gets bumped up housing lists then your friend who deserves a house would have one.

Just remember SF marched Maggie out on a protest and were behind her crusade.

Embarrassing at the minimum.

Who gave her her 4 bedroom house?

Who gave her her 4 bedroom house?

DCC I presume when the majority of DCC were Sinn Féin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Well make that point. It's not related to mine.
    Blanch made another false claim that I don't acknowledge that we are dependent on welfare. Many certainly are. Many working tax payers. I've said before the country would probably collapse if not for state hand outs in one form or another (pre-Covid).

Its absolutely related, its very reasonable to assume some of the colossal number of jobless households don't want to work.

We've been down this road before, you had a nonsensical argument that the economy would collapse if not for welfare, when the source of that welfare is the very same economy.

DCC I presume when the majority of DCC were Sinn Féin.

No they weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I for one can't wait for Sinn Féin to get into power down here and build 60,000 social houses for everyone in 5 years.

I love it when (and to be fair here, this poster isn't the first) someone comes into a thread guffawing about this 60k housing plan, obviously oblivious that FG are planning the same.

60,000 social housing units to be built by 2025 under Fine Gael plan

:D

McMurphy wrote: »
    I love it when (and to be fair here, this poster isn't the first) someone comes into a thread guffawing about this 60k housing plan, obviously oblivious that FG are planning the same.

Exactly, and they are still called "right wing".

Its absolutely related, its very reasonable to assume some of the colossal number of jobless households don't want to work.

We've been down this road before, you had a nonsensical argument that the economy would collapse if not for welfare, when the source of that welfare is the very same economy.

Here we go...
    So you weren't looking to discuss you were working towards shifting the topic. You wanted to get a dig in because I'm besmirching the best of a bad lot.
    I've no interest in speaking on people who game the system. Anytime we mention poverty or people dependent on welfare it gets dragged onto this. Valid, it happens in all walks but it avoids the fact that working people are dependent on state aid.
    The economy doing well does not automatically mean society is doing well.
    The economy was doing well when we were having record numbers of homeless children year on year.

They are when they are being leased, rented and bought off private companies.

What's left/right got to do with the price of fish christy? Point made was others laughing at one partys plan to build more social housing, while seemingly oblivious that the others are planning it too.

Here we go...
    So you weren't looking to discuss you were working towards shifting the topic. You wanted to get a dig in because I'm besmirching the best of a bad lot.
    I've no interest in speaking on people who game the system. Anytime we mention poverty or people dependent on welfare it gets dragged onto this. Valid, it happens in all walks but it avoids the fact that working people are dependent on state aid.
    The economy doing well does not automatically mean society is doing well.
    The economy was doing well when we were having record numbers of homeless children year on year.

No I made a comment when you mentioned those who don't like to work, and expanded it to the colossal number that don't actually work. That's a problem no matter what way you look at it.

You then expanded to welfare propping up the economy, and I explained our previous interactions on the topic.

What's left/right got to do with the price of fish christy? Point made was others laughing at one partys plan to build more social housing, while seemingly oblivious that the others are planning it too.

Yeah I'm agreeing they were all planning huge number of houses. A follow on point is that is not right wing.

• Advertisement

They are when they are being leased, rented and bought off private companies.

Right wing wouldn't involve providing housing of any description IMO, regardless of source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Well they clearly haven't done it - I expect SF to deliver when they get into power.

No I made a comment when you mentioned those who don't like to work, and expanded it to the colossal number that don't actually work. That's a problem no matter what way you look at it.

You then expanded to welfare propping up the economy, and I explained our previous interactions on the topic.

Blanch said I wouldn't acknowledge we are dependent on welfare. I corrected him. My point was the economy doing well doesn't mean we all automatically do well.
    You came in with this:
    I'm not sure on the liking work part, but the government 100% are giving money to the 1 in 6 households who are not working. Many conveniently forget that or downplay it when it suits them.

The government pay welfare to people they deem are due welfare. We are not dependent on welfare because of people who decide not to work. We have many working people who need avail of assistance.

Right wing wouldn't involve providing housing of any description IMO, regardless of source

If the profits are going to private concerns a housing crisis can be a very profitable thing.
    They'd lose money if we built our own social. That's likely why FG wouldn't in any sizable amount.

Blanch said I wouldn't acknowledge we are dependent on welfare. I corrected him. My point was the economy doing well doesn't mean we all automatically do well.
    You came in with this:

The government pay welfare to people they deem are due welfare. We are not dependent on welfare because of people who decide not to work. We have many working people who need avail of assistance.

I'm aware of what I said. I agree, some working people are dependent on welfare, as are the jobless households. Agreed?

If the profits are going to private concerns a housing crisis can be a very profitable thing.

Sure can, still not a right wing policy to provide state housing to people IMO

Well they clearly haven't done it - I expect SF to deliver when they get into power.

You presumably can read right?

Sure can, still not a right wing policy to provide state housing to people IMO

It is if your cronies are making a fortune off of it. They basically part created, certainly exacerbated a housing crisis and these companies and individuals are making a killing while it got worse and worse for nearly a decade. Smells like right wing to me.

They'd lose money if we built our own social. That's likely why FG wouldn't in any sizable amount.

Missed this edit, buying/leasing/building social housing is still not right wing IMO.

• Advertisement

I'm aware of what I said. I agree, some working people are dependent on welfare, as are the jobless households. Agreed?

Sure. Not what I was discussing but yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement