Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nobotty wrote: »
    Well how come Mary Lou is on radio one now,refusing to answer Dobson on whether level 5 is warranted
    Is she a gobsh1te too?
    No she isn't
    She's reflecting how difficult this decision is and you should too
    I think now its inevitable that the government will do national level 5 and that I think is going to be the start of a yo yo unless people change and they won't

Mess Mess Mess

Mary Lou has stated PUP payments etc need to be brought back up and business supports increased before we can go Level 5.

I thinks she is wrong on not wanting to go to Level 5 or saying it shouldnt happen 2 weeks ago. See I wont just defend her on everything like FG/FF fanboys and girls do with MM and LV.

The fact is Mary Lou never made the decisions, The Govt did. We were told on here 2 weeks ago, time will tell if they made the right choice

The made the wrong choice.

They rejected Level 5 for 3 weeks two weeks ago so we are now facing Level 5 for 6+ Weeks.

Thats on the GOVT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Well how come Mary Lou is on radio one now,refusing to answer Dobson on whether level 5 is warranted
    Is she a gobsh1te too?
    No she isn't
    I think now its inevitable that the government will do national level 5 and that I think is going to be the start of a yo yo unless people change and they won't

Mess Mess Mess

Why does anyone ask this stupid self serving woman anything?

"Oh wait let me see.....may I just say first .... Oh God what would be the most popular response... oh hang on- can't be seen to agree with Leo....Ehh Umm..... iI think it behoves us all to ...em .... do the right thing but I am not convinced ...OH THATS IT! I don't have access to the data so I couldn't be expected to decide anything. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is she a gobsh1te too?
    No she isn't

Mess Mess Mess

Nah, she is just sitting on the fence.

If the government go for Level 5, she will criticise them for closing the economy and ruining jobs.

If the government don't go for Level 5, she will criticise them for letting people die.

Opposition for opposition's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

smurgen wrote: »
    What's an acceptable daily death level to you to keep the country open?
    What is an acceptable suicide rate for people who have had their lives/livelihoods wrecked?

Of course I don't know the answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nah, she is just sitting on the fence.

If the government go for Level 5, she will criticise them for closing the economy and ruining jobs.

If the government don't go for Level 5, she will criticise them for letting people die.

Opposition for opposition's sake.

Or Leo spin spin spin. Leo and Simon done well on the virus we were told non stop until they didn't then it was all our fault and up to us as individuals. Strong and stable lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Mary Lou has stated PUP payments etc need to be brought back up and business supports increased before we can go Level 5.

I thinks she is wrong on not wanting to go to Level 5 or saying it shouldnt happen 2 weeks ago. See I wont just defend her on everything like FG/FF fanboys and girls do with MM and LV.

The fact is Mary Lou never made the decisions, The Govt did. We were told on here 2 weeks ago, time will tell if they made the right choice

The made the wrong choice.

They rejected Level 5 for 3 weeks two weeks ago so we are now facing Level 5 for 6+ Weeks.

Thats on the GOVT

I'm in agreement with you on the pup etc
    But can't understand why you're in disagreement with Mary Lou on the level 5
    I'd say level 5 for 60 weeks would be more appropriate to put manners on some people but we'd be like Haiti when we're done

Where is his last evidence for any of this? When the 5 levels of pandemic guidelines were published it seems they missed the * disclaimer of subject to Varadkar approval. I would like to see Varadkar's data driving the decision to reject NPHETS data.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1317077293693624322?s=19

Alan Farrell Fine Gael TD has just tweeted

"It appears that NHEPT are briefing the media again ahead of its primary fucntion of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form"

Fantastic another Govt TD having a cheap and needless dig at NHEPT. Just what we need or is this the Govt stance still, NHEPT advice = No use anymore?

Or Leo spin spin spin. Leo and Simon done well on the virus we were told non stop until they didn't then it was all our fault and up to us as individuals. Strong and stable lol.

Yeah because every other Country in the world has totally beaten covid; we obviously haven't because Leo and Simon er....... something........anyway it's their fault because their FG - nearly English so it must be their fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Alan Farrell Fine Gael TD has just tweeted

"It appears that NHEPT are briefing the media again ahead of its primary fucntion of advising Cabinet causing speculation and worry.

If this leaking continues questions must be asked as to whether or not the body is fit for purpose in its current form"

Fantastic another Govt TD having a cheap and needless dig at NHEPT. Just what we need or is this the Govt stance still, NHEPT advice = No use anymore?

Regardless of which party is in power, NHEPT job is to brief the government, not RTE. This is only adding to the confusion for the entire country.

You seem to be a Sinn Fein supporter, would you support NHEPT going straight to the press if Sinn Fein was in power?

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    Yeah because every other Country in the world has totally beaten covid; we obviously haven't because Leo and Simon er....... something........anyway it's their fault because their FG - nearly English so it must be their fault

You forgot the blue shirted sheeples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Kowerski wrote: »
    Regardless of which party is in power, NHEPT job is to brief the government, not RTE. This is only adding to the confusion for the entire country.

You seem to be a Sinn Fein supporter, would you support NHEPT going straight to the press if Sinn Fein was in power?

They’d have to run it past Ted Howell, Gerry Kelly, Gerry Adams first.

Nothing to do with this thread.

Looks fairly beaten in New Zealand last weekend.

https://twitter.com/AdvKiwi/status/1316965959484276738?s=19

They should brief both government and the public. I know FFG hate transparency but when there's a pandemic that needs public buy in to supress it getting second hand information from slimey politicians isn't going to work.

Looks fairly beaten in New Zealand last weekend.

https://twitter.com/AdvKiwi/status/1316965959484276738?s=19

One country, out of 195. Does that not suggest the other 194 are having the exact same issues Ireland is having?

In the current situation where the Govt have ignored NHEPTs advice 2 weeks ago (going 1 further with Leo attacking Dr Tony and NHEPT), NHEPT feel the need to let the public know their views so the puplic can make their minds up as the Govt are not good at getting things out in a clear message

****s sake Smurgen
    New Zealand is an island 2000 miles from the nearest land mass which is also a closed continent country and you know Damn well that the DUP veto any closure of the GB North border

Sinn Fein in the membrane, Sinn Fein on the brain

They should brief both government and the public. I know FFG hate transparency but when there's a pandemic that needs public buy in to supress it getting second hand information from slimey politicians isn't going to work.

So you think mass confusion is the best policy in the middle of a pandemic?

Can you find another country in the World, which has the equivalent of NHEPT doing a solo run on announcement without involving the government?

• Advertisement

You forgot the blue shirted sheeples.

And our old friend "partition"

One country, out of 195. Does that not suggest the other 194 are having the exact same issues Ireland is having?

Arw Vietnam and Australia facing a nationwide lockdown also? You're saying all other 194 are facing extended nationwide lockdowns? Is that right?

And our old friend "partition"

When and how often did FFG contact boris johnson for a coordinated approach? Not getting the coordinated approach is a political failure.

In the current situation where the Govt have ignored NHEPTs advice 2 weeks ago (going 1 further with Leo attacking Dr Tony and NHEPT), NHEPT feel the need to let the public know their views so the puplic can make their minds up as the Govt are not good at getting things out in a clear message

From my recollection majority of the other parties agreed with the government decision.

Arw Vietnam and Australia facing a nationwide lockdown also? You're saying all other 194 are facing extended nationwide lockdowns? Is that right?

How is Timbuktu getting on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Maybe if you actually read the post I’m replying to, you’ll understand my response.

I did. it's about people risking covid to shop. Your response suggests leaving things open or shut doesn't matter, it's, as you've said before, down to personal responsibility.

So again, do you feel everything should be opened and all left up to personal responsibility?
    you seem to be saying what is or isn't open doesn't come into it.

Maybe answer my question and clarify?

****s sake Smurgen
    New Zealand is an island 2000 miles from the nearest land mass which is also a closed continent country and you know Damn well that the DUP veto any closure of the GB North border

Australia is more connected than ireland. Sydney airport for example has a much higher volume of passengers than Dublin airport. 904 deaths for a 27 million people while we have 1838 for 4.9 million people.

So you think mass confusion is the best policy in the middle of a pandemic?

Can you find another country in the World, which has the equivalent of NHEPT doing a solo run on announcement without involving the government?

Actually France to be fair
    Their Scientific council is the equivalent of Nphet
    And like Dr Peter Navarro of WHO,they are in favour of localised measures exactly like what this government and all the opposition bar the anarchists in pbp favour
    Lockdown is only a last resort measure, not to be taken out willy nilly
    He goes on to say that he doesn’t believe reinstating a general lockdown is necessary, it would only be as a last resort, however, putting in place localized measures would be preferable where infection numbers are higher, for example in the south of France, where several clusters have been reported.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20200910-french-scientific-council-says-tough-decisions-needed-amid-rise-in-covid-cases-limit-on-social-gatherings-health

Australia is more connected than ireland. Sydney airport for example has a much higher volume of passengers than Dublin airport. 904 deaths for a 27 million people while we have 1838 for 4.9 million people.

I see does it have a DUP ?

• Advertisement

How is Timbuktu getting on?

What do you mean?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement