Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    He's at it again. I hear Donnelly on the radio. He says things kick in Stephen's day. The government literature says the day after Stephen's day...
    And why is the Tánaiste all over the RTE website giving his two cents? Another bet for a laugh? Which film?
    He thinks it might go on for longer than planned etc. There should be a column in The Sun, 'Leo's musings', just so we know it is what it is.

Leo is getting into people's heads again.

Can't find much of anything on the RTE website about this, just one article reporting on a government press conference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

blanch152 wrote: »
    Leo is getting into people's heads again.

Can't find much of anything on the RTE website about this, just one article reporting on a government press conference.

Having bets with his mates to see what jokes he can get into his speeches probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

He's at it again. I hear Donnelly on the radio. He says things kick in Stephen's day. The government literature says the day after Stephen's day...
    And why is the Tánaiste all over the RTE website giving his two cents? Another bet for a laugh? Which film?
    He thinks it might go on for longer than planned etc. There should be a column in The Sun, 'Leo's musings', just so we know it is what it is.

Are you seriously asking why the Tanaiste is speaking to media about the lockdown that was announced today?

I get the feeling if he was nowhere to be seen today you would be commenting on that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Are you seriously asking why the Tanaiste is speaking to media about the lockdown that was announced today?

I get the feeling if he was nowhere to be seen today you would be commenting on that also.

Yes I am. He was pondering the length as opposed to the government official details given today.
    Were was Donnelly? Martin? LV reads to me as third on the list if Donnelly and Martin aren't available. Varadkar is prone to thinking out loud and musing on things. He was featured in the banner covid section then the main story was a piece on what he thinks. We don't need an official statement released followed by what that chancer thinks.

You'd be wrong.

Yes I am. He was pondering the length as opposed to the government official details given today.
    Were was Donnelly? Martin? LV reads to me as third on the list if Donnelly and Martin aren't available. Varadkar is prone to thinking out loud and musing on things. He was featured in the banner covid section then the main story was a piece on what he thinks. We don't need an official statement released followed by what that chancer thinks.

You'd be wrong.

So basically your opinion that he shouldn't be involved today comes down to your personal opinion of him, rather than any line of command or remit of his role in the Government. Got it. Just as long as we are all on the same page here.

• Advertisement

So basically your opinion that he shouldn't be involved today comes down to your personal opinion of him, rather than any line of command or remit of his role in the Government. Got it. Just as long as we are all on the same page here.

You obviously don't.
    Not above Martin or Donnelly, no.
    What part of "LV reads to me as third on the list if Donnelly and Martin aren't available." can't you get?

He can't help getting his mug in. He was always at that his whole career.
    TBF, the man used quotes from films worked into speeches about covid and one from 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh. He shouldn't be let speak on Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

TBF, the man used quotes from films worked into speeches about covid and one from 'Mean Girls' for a bet and a laugh. He shouldn't be let speak on Covid.

Some radio station paid the Lord of the rings actor he quoted to issue the challenge.

You obviously don't.
    Not above Martin or Donnelly, no.
    What part of "LV reads to me as third on the list if Donnelly and Martin aren't available." can't you get?

He can't help getting his mug in. He was always at that his whole career.

As I said, based on your own dislike of him rather than anything logically based on the actual remit of the role of Tanaiste in this Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

I have to say I was pmsl when Leo tried to speak Irish. "Beimíd ag tabhairt... advisories... do na gnóthe...". Good attempt, maybe go and revise a little bit of the aul Gaeilge to not make a hames of it next time. From the laughs I'd say it cheered everyone at the presser up a bit.

As I said, based on your own dislike of him rather than anything logically based on the actual remit of the role of Tanaiste in this Government.

Again, no.
    If Donnelly and Martin aren't available he'd be the next approriate choice.
    I have no personal dislike of him. I don't know him. Politically and as a public servant I think he's a selfish clown who lacks maturity.
    The man put in quotes from 'Mean Girls' to a covid speech on the pandemic and it's affects, for a bet ffs.
    If not telling lies he's getting in digs or quoting films. In short he's not fit for the job.

• Advertisement

He leaks condfidential documents to his mates,he shouldnt be let anywhere near running of the country,

He leaks condfidential documents to his mates,he shouldnt be let anywhere near running of the country,

What I cant wait for is when FFG are not in Govt, what will come out. That has FF and FG ****ting it

Let it go, Blaa. It’s all in the past. Get over it.

Happy and safe Christmas to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Again, no.
    If Donnelly and Martin aren't available he'd be the next approriate choice.
    I have no personal dislike of him. I don't know him. Politically and as a public servant I think he's a selfish clown who lacks maturity.
    The man put in quotes from 'Mean Girls' to a covid speech on the pandemic and it's affects, for a bet ffs.
    If not telling lies he's getting in digs or quoting films. In short he's not fit for the job.
    He said the night is darkest just before the dawn at the start of that presser. Tired and overused and not even really relevant. Also I don't believe it, because Paschal said "If we winter this one out, we can summer anywhere" back in October and it really doesn't look like they're going to have things sorted by the summer, given the woefully small quantities of vaccine coming. Not to mention the chance that this new strain will be unaffected by the vaccine (as per recent FT article).

Let it go, Blaa. It’s all in the past. Get over it.

Happy and safe Christmas to all.

In the past? Will remember that when the IRA are brought up about SF

The people decide who runs the country, not social media rhetoric.

The people decide who runs the country, not social media rhetoric.

Varadkar leaking a confidential document and FF/Greens shrugging it off wasn't a meme.

Varadkar leaking a confidential document and FF/Greens shrugging it off wasn't a meme.

Never said it was a meme. I said social media rhetoric doesn't decide who runs the country, the people do.

Never said it was a meme. I said social media rhetoric doesn't decide who runs the country, the people do.

His and FG's behaviour on social media seem to be helping folk decide.

Leo needs to remove himself from social media.

I see he has remover his Photo Op in the hospice during a pandemic yesterday, a clown.

• Advertisement

Really? Polling seems to show them as having more support than they did at the start of the year. Varadkar's approval rating significantly higher also since early 2020.

Polling doesn't seem to be matching the social media rhetoric.

Leo needs to remove himself from social media.

I see he has remover his Photo Op in the hospice during a pandemic yesterday, a clown.

Your username is inaccurate.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1341036932143460354?s=19

Really? Polling seems to show them as having more support than they did at the start of the year. Varadkar's approval rating significantly higher also since early 2020.

Polling doesn't seem to be matching the social media rhetoric.

While polls are a good talking point I don't put too much weight into them. Even the one the other day citing SF as most popular.
    I think the SD's and PBP might make more ground thanks to the Greens and SF will take some from FF/FG. Same if not more as they can be now seen as a viable option. You'd previously hear people speak on not bothering because they'd no hope etc.
    Best thing FG can do is ditch Varadkar, Harris etc. to be taken more seriously and FF can disband IMO.

While polls are a good talking point I don't put too much weight into them. Even the one the other day citing SF as most popular.
    I think the SD's and PBP might make more ground thanks to the Greens and SF will take some from FF/FG. Same if not more as they can be now seen as a viable option. You'd previously hear people speak on not bothering because they'd no hope etc.
    Best thing FG can do is ditch Varadkar, Harris etc. to be taken more seriously and FF can disband IMO.

I'm sure FF will take your opinion on board.

I'm sure FF will take your opinion on board.

Reading between the lines, looks like I'm still hopeful for FG. FF are the zombie civil war party of greasy hair and crony handshakes. Mind, the gap between them is ever decreasing.

Reading between the lines, looks like I'm still hopeful for FG. FF are the zombie civil war party of greasy hair and crony handshakes. Mind, the gap between them is ever decreasing.

I'm a bit curious as to why FF (polling 22%) should disband, whereas there's great hope for S/PBP (2%) and SDs (1%), but that's not a conversation for here anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

“party of greasy hair”. !!!

Jaysus...... give Cullinane a bell, Jim......seems made for him so :eek:

I'm a bit curious as to why FF (polling 22%) should disband, whereas there's great hope for S/PBP (2%) and SDs (1%), but that's not a conversation for here anyway :D

Oh, you judge a party's worth based on polling? I couldn't care less in that regard. FF gave up the right to call themselves public representative years ago. They can't be trusted IMO. FG are giving them a run for their our money on that.

Oh, you judge a party's worth based on polling? I couldn't care less in that regard. FF gave up the right to call themselves public representative years ago. They can't be trusted IMO. FG are giving them a run for their our money on that.

Surely you can see why calling for the disbanding of a party that has the support of about a fifth of the country is a bit of an odd call to me. Clearly there is a large chunk of the country that do trust FF to represent them and that should be respected.

• Advertisement

Surely you can see why calling for the disbanding of a party that has the support of about a fifth of the country is a bit of an odd call to me. Clearly there is a large chunk of the country that do trust FF to represent them and that should be respected.

The latest opinion polls show FF at 11%.

The old days are over, no more jobs for the lads, do what we want, the people have choices

The more TDs run their mouth at SF, SF are gaining support. It was clear by ffg and the media pre election, they didnt want SF doing well. Poor Leo still hasnt got over it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement