Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

A savage indictment of the government of chaos as the year ends.

:D:D I bet it makes your Xmas typing that.
    It's always govts fault, no one is, responsible for their own actions.
    How's things in NI, is that a savage indictment of SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have accepted that NI has failed as a state a long time ago.

It might surprise you that many many people including a few in my family who are stranded, would tell you to stick Christmas where the sun don't shine at the minute.

As I criticised them at the time for ignoring the advice in the ad hoc way they did I feel fully justified in pointing it out now.

That may be tough for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Ireland had the lowest 14 day incidence rate in the EU last week (not sure if updated figures from ECDC are out yet). Things were going well until the madness of the past few days happened. The growth rate of the virus the last few days has been way higher than NPHETs numbers were projecting even a week ago.

I have accepted that NI has failed as a state a long time ago.

It might surprise you that many many people including a few in my family who are stranded, would tell you to stick Christmas where the sun don't shine at the minute.

As I criticised them at the time for ignoring the advice in the ad hoc way they did I feel fully justified in pointing it out now.

That may be tough for you.

You feel justified, that's great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

Christmas is about kids and the joy on their face Xmas morning. They dont care about restrictions, they care about toys.

Not gonna get out for Pints with the lads, big deal can do it again.

The Govt have went against Public Health Advice on more than 1 occasion and have got it wrong on all occasions. These are facts

• Advertisement

Christmas is about kids and the joy on their face Xmas morning. They dont care about restrictions, they care about toys.

The Govt have went against Public Health Advice on more than 1 occasion and have got it wrong on all occasions. These are FACTS

"These are FACTS" with capitalisation of facts reminds me of another poster with similar views that hasn't posted here recently. I see you are a new poster, welcome :)

;)

You feel justified, that's great.

Anything to say other than the attempt to censor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    "These are FACTS" with capitalisation of facts reminds me of another poster with similar views that hasn't posted here recently. I see you are a new poster, welcome :)

;)

So no reply to the Govt failing on each occasion by not agreeing to public health advice?

The Govt have went against Public Health Advice on more than 1 occasion and have got it wrong on all occasions. These are FACTS

After calls from the public to allow some freedoms, which were then abused beyond what the rules even when relaxed allowed.
    If we had faced into a Xmas without some allowances, ré meeting families and some social gatherings the population would have been crazy.
    It's far from over and rules will be broken wholesale and would have been regardless of restrictions.
    Blaming govt for every human failure is a cop out and some posting on it is just a political finger pointing exercise.
    It will be new year before a lot of people cop on and start obiding by many of the rules now.

Anything to say other than the attempt to censor?

Nothing to add. No attempt to censor at all, just a knowing of the drivel forthcoming.
    At least your party are taking it publicly very well, but the secret soldiers are being told to keep up the drivel, some of it will stick.

• Advertisement

Nothing to add. No attempt to censor at all, just a knowing of the drivel forthcoming.
    At least your party are taking it publicly very well, but the secret soldiers are being told to keep up the drivel, some of it will stick.

What is drivel about pointing out how the government failed on this? Is it that you just don't like criticism?

So no reply to the Govt failing on each occasion by not agreeing to public health advice?

We had the lowest rate of covid in the EU up until a few days ago and internationally were considered to be doing well.

NPHET are going to give advice purely based on public health as that's their remit, it's the governments job to weigh that up against other considerations then, as that's their remit. They would be equally criticised if they were just doing everything NPHET said.

Edit: also, I noticed you have gone back to edit the FACTS now :)

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    We had the lowest rate of covid in the EU up until a few days ago and internationally were considered to be doing well.

NPHET are going to give advice purely based on public health as that's their remit, it's the governments job to weigh that up against other considerations then, as that's their remit. They would be equally criticised if they were just doing everything NPHET said.

Edit: also, I noticed you have gone back to edit the FACTS now :)

And the government got it wrong. They tried to ignore the advice before, were forced to heed it and then made the same mistake again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Of course not, somehow our government is massively incompetent to be able to keep deaths from Covid at half the rate of the North, and Sinn Fein would be better able to manage the crisis.

I am beginning to think some of these posters are satirists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Someone in the cabinet has tested positive for Covid.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

A savage indictment of the government of chaos as the year ends.

A savage indictment of people's lack of personal responsibility. Is "the government" supposed to take each of us by the hand?

A savage indictment of people's lack of personal responsibility. Is "the government" supposed to take each of us by the hand?

I wouldn't hold any FGers hand. They will fall and sue you.

I wouldn't hold any FGers hand. They will fall and sue you.

How pathetic.

How pathetic.

Oh Mary you ran away when I replied to you last time (as per usual).

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115572066&postcount=3866

Any comment? ;)

It looks like the 4th Agriculture Minister in this chaotic government has tested positive for Covid.
    That ministry position has really cursed FFG.

• Advertisement

Funny, you are over on another thread patting the government on the back for 'managing the pandemic' well.
    Yet here we are precisely where NPHET said we would be if the government didn't heed their advice on 'managing the pandemic'.

All over the shop Mary.

Funny, you are over on another thread patting the government on the back for 'managing the pandemic' well.
    Yet here we are precisely where NPHET said we would be if the government didn't heed their advice on 'managing the pandemic'.

All over the shop Mary.

The government can only advise. It’s up to each and every one of us to use a bit of cop on and mind ourselves. You know, practice personal responsibility. Stop blaming everyone else for our behavior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I suppose he is from the county with consistently the highest covid numbers in the State and he was out in Brussels last week
    The only way to get it is to lapse your guidelines following or someone on the plane had it within 2 metres of him
    That plane would have been next to empty
    So its another case of rules for thee but not for me IMO

Also this ,stay in your bed if you came here since Dec 11th
    Laughable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Has Leo really got this hold on the Shinners?

So you choose to ignore the valid criticism and cite 'shinners' :)

The government can only advise.

Fundamentally wrong. The government as recently as yesterday 'restricted' some activity and allowed other activity.

As usual you are waffling and blaming the people, most of whom are doing their best.

You are projecting a different future to historic voting trends based on a hope, a wish and a prayer that FF and FG in coalition means an end to their hold on government.

It’s an opinion, but it is based on wishful thinking rather than facts. The numbers show that FF and FG together could become the permanent government because no party trusts Sinn Fein. That is an opinion based on the evidence of the election result and the subsequent attempts at government formation together with the evidence of SinnFein failure to gain the trust of parties in the North.

Blanch, I'm not mystic Meg. Yes, I'm giving my hopes for the future based on them partnering up. That's allowed I believe.

It is. Top marks. Yes, I do have no facts for the future. You're quite right. If you can find anyone with 'facts' about the future I've a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Of course not, somehow our government is massively incompetent to be able to keep deaths from Covid at half the rate of the North, and Sinn Fein would be better able to manage the crisis.

I am beginning to think some of these posters are satirists.

FF/FG/Greens criticised, cite 'Shinners' :)
    You are persisting in spreading that blarney.
    SF want an all island approach. You know this. The DUP want more laxed restrictions for the Christmas, SF do not. You know this too. Dishonest spin.

Someone in the cabinet has tested positive for Covid.

It's the agriculture chap. That post is like the Spinal Tap drummer ffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    FF/FG/Greens criticised, cite 'Shinners' :)
    You are persisting in spreading that blarney.
    SF want an all island approach. You know this. The DUP want more laxed restrictions for the Christmas, SF do not. You know this too. Dishonest spin.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-government-set-to-impose-travel-ban-on-uk-flights-and-ferries-1053593.html

"Sinn Féin’s Lynn Boylan said: “Instead of a flight ban......."

Sinn Fein originally supported the DUP approach of rejecting a flight ban, that was less than three days ago. Own the u-turn.

Hilarious to see, but off-topic, so I will leave it there.

• Advertisement

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-government-set-to-impose-travel-ban-on-uk-flights-and-ferries-1053593.html

"Sinn Féin’s Lynn Boylan said: “Instead of a flight ban......."

Sinn Fein originally supported the DUP approach of rejecting a flight ban, that was less than three days ago. Own the u-turn.

Hilarious to see, but off-topic, so I will leave it there.

Since when does a Senator set party policy? She was giving her opinion blanch.
    An opinion that wasn't ruling out a flight ban, but stressing the importance of getting the basics right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement