Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-government-set-to-impose-travel-ban-on-uk-flights-and-ferries-1053593.html

"Sinn Féin’s Lynn Boylan said: “Instead of a flight ban......."

Sinn Fein originally supported the DUP approach of rejecting a flight ban, that was less than three days ago. Own the u-turn.

Hilarious to see, but off-topic, so I will leave it there.

Everything I posted is true. You ignore it scrambling to try find something contrary. Give it up it's embarrassing.

Do you LOL at Mrs. Brown's Boys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 TheTruth123

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/irish-government-set-to-impose-travel-ban-on-uk-flights-and-ferries-1053593.html

"Sinn Féin’s Lynn Boylan said: “Instead of a flight ban......."

Sinn Fein originally supported the DUP approach of rejecting a flight ban, that was less than three days ago. Own the u-turn.

Hilarious to see, but off-topic, so I will leave it there.

Sinn Feins policy is now set by a Single Senator. Learn sonething new every day

24 people came to Ireland on flights from London with coronavirus in this month.

Imagine that testing and tracing we were promised at the start of the pandemic was set up at the airports. Another failure from the chaos of clowns

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nice Christmas present with a moral..this is what happens when you repeatedly ignore the medical advice and think you know better.
    “As we’ve said for many weeks we achieved the best or second best in Europe in terms of our 14-day incidence, but in terms of our deterioration over the past week, we’re deteriorating at a more rapid pace in seven days than any other country in Europe, so we won’t hold this position for long,”

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid19-ireland-deteriorating-5310001-Dec2020/?utm_source=twitter_short

24 people came to Ireland on flights from London with coronavirus in this month.

Imagine that testing and tracing we were promised at the start of the pandemic was set up at the airports. Another failure from the chaos of clowns

Er, they were identified and are isolating. Soooo.... where’s the failure? Hmmm?

• Advertisement

Nice Christmas present with a moral..this is what happens when you repeatedly ignore the medical advice and think you know better.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid19-ireland-deteriorating-5310001-Dec2020/?utm_source=twitter_short

Exactly. People have to cop on and take personal responsibility. Simples.

Exactly. People have to cop on and take personal responsibility. Simples.

NPHET advise the government. The government said they knew better and we are exactly where NPHET advised the government we would be.
    But the party briefing is 'keep blaming the people'.

The public didn't decide to leave a meat plant with a covid cluster that spread beyond the factory walls open, the FF/FG/Greens did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

The 'personal responsibility' palaver from floundering governments is frustrating to listen to.

Proportionally, there are as many idiots in Taiwan, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Thailand etc who were bucking government advice. People are flawed and you can't coral millions of people like cattle cross your fingers everyone behaves. This is true of the above countries as it is for Ireland.

The successful governments were decisive, showed leadership, were extremely organised, their bureaucracies shone and they did the right things at the right time.

Only when there is systemic failure and indecisiveness, do we hear the cries of "the people are too unruly!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Derren will sort it all out...... this is what’s facing us folks....... be very afraid.

• Advertisement

Er, they were identified and are isolating. Soooo.... where’s the failure? Hmmm?

The failure is how long were they running around giving the virus to others. How do you know they are isolating?

Proper testing and tracing at airports as we were promised would have helped

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

In the heads of many of the posters on here. It looks a lot like Leo actually.

Saw we conducted something like 17,500 tests today. Northern Ireland conducts less than 3,000 a day. On a per capita basis we are doing twice as many tests, another thing this government has got right. Makes you wonder about how many cases are being missed up there, worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Minister goes shopping while waiting for results of Covid test - which turns out to be positive - but it's ok as he was following the guidelines for govt members returning from essential foreign travel.
    Whole cabinet then goes into isolation.
    A spokesman for Mr McConalogue said he had followed all public health guidelines after his return from Brussels where he was on Government business last week.

The Donegal TD was spotted on South Anne Street, just off Grafton Street, Dublin, about lunchtime on Tuesday in the queue at Sheridans Cheesemongers.

The Cabinet minister also stopped to talk to Fine Gael TD Fergus O’Dowd, with both men wearing masks throughout, on the same street.

He was shopping in the city centre a short time after the Cabinet meeting in Dublin Castle where ministers signed off plans to re-impose Level 5 restrictions in the coming days.

His spokesman said the Fianna Fáil TD had followed the rules for members of the Government who have returned from essential foreign travel.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/minister-who-tested-positive-for-covid-after-shopping-trip-followed-all-rules-39897153.html

It's like a masterclass in mixed messages.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Minister goes shopping while waiting for results of Covid test - which turns out to be positive - but it's ok as he was following the guidelines for govt members returning from essential foreign travel.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/minister-who-tested-positive-for-covid-after-shopping-trip-followed-all-rules-39897153.html

One must ask...what would the FG cohort here say if he was a Shinner? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Social Democrats Holly Cairns says Ireland wants a new type of politics. When pressed for more information on her statement she said " maternity leave for tds and climate change "

That was it. That's the new type of politics.

Who votes for these people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Social Democrats Holly Cairns says Ireland wants a new type of politics. When pressed for more information on her statement she said " maternity leave for tds and climate change "

:D

Silly post in wrong thread. Why don't you start a Social Democrats thread? More capable TDs in her party than in ALL of FFG.

Don't start me on Fine Gael's New Politics document from 2011 ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I do.

And I will continue to do so unless they give me a reason not to like:
    FF - Corruption, cronyism, crashed the economy.
    FG - Neo-liberal economic policies putting private profits above the welfare of the general public, cronyism, austerity (but not for elected officials).
    LP - mudguard for the above.
    GP - ditto.
    SF - Animal welfare and Inkgate has me thinking closing ranks to protect the party is a too familiar story.
    Áontu - don't make me laugh.

What I will not be doing is basing my opinion on a wee radio interview such as the one you are "discussing", I'll go by voting record in the Dáil, Private Member's Bills introduced etc etc - that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I do.

And I will continue to do so unless they give me a reason not to like:
    FF - Corruption, cronyism, crashed the economy.
    FG - Neo-liberal economic policies putting private profits above the welfare of the general public, cronyism, austerity (but not for elected officials).
    LP - mudguard for the above.
    GP - ditto.
    SF - Animal welfare and Inkgate has me thinking closing ranks to protect the party is a too familiar story.
    Áontu - don't make me laugh.

What I will not be doing is basing my opinion on a wee radio interview such as the one you are "discussing", I'll go by voting record in the Dáil, Private Member's Bills introduced etc etc - that kind of stuff.

I would contend that FG are just as corrupt as FF.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

:D

Silly post in wrong thread. Why don't you start a Social Democrats thread? More capable TDs in her party than in ALL of FFG.

Don't start me on Fine Gael's New Politics document from 2011 ;)

I heard there was going to be a thread about Holly "sleeping with the Enemy" but that had to be cancelled when they broke up - leaving her critics with just "silly woman" type comments in their arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

One must ask...what would the FG cohort here say if he was a Shinner? :):)

Blanch will be along soon demanding his resignation for putting thousands of Irish people at risk of catching covid because of his scant regard to regulations.

When his resignation is tendered he will then be stripped naked and forced to walk naked up Grafton Street, where a crowd of people dressed in Hazchem suits will await him, McConalogue will then be placed in stocks and have rotten fruit and veg, (from the local greens compost heap) thrown at him until he repents.

• Advertisement

I would contend that FG are just as corrupt as FF.

Absolutely - but not as blatant about it, just as FF are as neo-liberal economically just not as blatant about it.
    I was going the Highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

So is the position of Minister for Agriculture up for grabs again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Absolutely - but not as blatant about it, just as FF are as neo-liberal economically just not as blatant about it.
    I was going the Highlights.

FF would spread the cash about a bit more fairly, FG would consider many "unworthy",

Personal responsibility. Maryanne will be livid.

Another Agriculture minister for the chop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Given Budget 2021 was done on the assumption of no trade deal Brexit and no Vaccine, I wonder will we be getting a supplementary Budget from the Government at some point in the Spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Given Budget 2021 was done on the assumption of no trade deal Brexit and no Vaccine, I wonder will we be getting a supplementary Budget from the Government at some point in the Spring?
    haha hahaha hahahahahahahaha
    easy to become that inspector in pink panther

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

jelem wrote: »
    haha hahaha hahahahahahahaha
    easy to become that inspector in pink panther

I have no idea what this post is trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You mean big Phil arrogance, he was forced to resign by FG.
    The most arrogant party throughout this year with zero accountability re covid, Sinn Féin by a mile.

• Advertisement

You mean big Phil arrogance, he was forced to resign by FG.
    The most arrogant party throughout this year with zero accountability re covid, Sinn Féin by a mile.

There will be somebody along shortly to screech about you diverting to a party not covered in the thread title...like they are doing on other threads. :D

This is a continuation of Leo the Leak...confess to wrongdoing and be surprised because somebody is looking for you to pay a price for that. Exactly what Hogan is surprised about - that he had to pay a price for his lies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement