Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

You mean big Phil arrogance, he was forced to resign by FG.
    The most arrogant party throughout this year with zero accountability re covid, Sinn Féin by a mile.

I thought that it was his EU Employers who demanded his resignation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I thought that it was his EU Employers who demanded his resignation.

:D

You really miss the nuances of politics Mary.

Once Leo, Michael and Eamonn released their joint statement, Trickle was gone. Dead man walking so to speak.

Good riddance. I believe he is hated by many many FG TDs and ex TDs.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I do.

And I will continue to do so unless they give me a reason not to like:
    FF - Corruption, cronyism, crashed the economy.
    FG - Neo-liberal economic policies putting private profits above the welfare of the general public, cronyism, austerity (but not for elected officials).
    LP - mudguard for the above.
    GP - ditto.
    SF - Animal welfare and Inkgate has me thinking closing ranks to protect the party is a too familiar story.
    Áontu - don't make me laugh.

What I will not be doing is basing my opinion on a wee radio interview such as the one you are "discussing", I'll go by voting record in the Dáil, Private Member's Bills introduced etc etc - that kind of stuff.

The question is what are we the people going to do about it. Staying at home simply moaning about it isn't going to do anything. In other countries they at least take to the streets - to little effect, but they are dealing with much bigger and more powerful institutions, like France.

Ireland is a place where all out protests for change could work, if only there was the will, and people cared to help others and not just look after their own interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The most arrogant party throughout this year with zero accountability re covid, Sinn Féin by a mile.

SF aren't in government.
    Varadkar leaked confidential document to a pal to try cadge votes. Head and shoulders above the DUP refusing to listen to SF in another jurisdiction. Give over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I'd say FG. Even in the Big Phil saga the party cheerleaders were begrudging big Phil being taken down. Apparently Brexit was near impossible without their man at the wheel. What a load of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I was listening to Newstalk's review of the year. The panel of journalists gave Phil Hogan the 'Biggest Fall from Grace' award with Dara Calleary a close 2nd. The funny thing about Dara is that he threw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get a cabinet post. Then he got a cabinet post and he threw that away. Priceless.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    SF aren't in government.
    Varadkar leaked confidential document to a pal to try cadge votes. Head and shoulders above the DUP refusing to listen to SF in another jurisdiction. Give over.

Yeah.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/michelle-oneill-did-not-endorse-public-health-message-despite-experts-advice-39904031.html

I posted that in the SF thread, not making a, point of it here, I'd be prepared for your response on either or both.

So it seems the delay in vaccine rollout of ireland versus our European counterparts is due to staff shortages. Why they don't use those who answered Harris' call for health care workers to return home is beyond me:

https://twitter.com/marietcasey/status/1343156767199518722?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

smurgen wrote: »
    So it seems the delay in vaccine rollout of ireland versus our European counterparts is due to staff shortages. Why they don't use those who answered Harris' call for health care workers to return home is beyond me:

https://twitter.com/marietcasey/status/1343156767199518722?s=19
    Don't know if it's the unions dragging their heels or the medical council demanding fees of around €500 just to apply for the job, Heard some guy from the HSE defending it on radio a few weeks ago saying some countries charge more,

Yeah.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/michelle-oneill-did-not-endorse-public-health-message-despite-experts-advice-39904031.html

I posted that in the SF thread, not making a, point of it here, I'd be prepared for your response on either or both.

It doesn't give much detail and has little to do with refuting your claim that SF's alledged actions in another jurisdiction outweigh or are more hypocritical than what our government have been at.

I suppose it'll be no accountability and more deflection from the ignorant Irish government parties in 2021.
    Would be in everyone's interest if they cleaned up their act and stop talking ****e.

• Advertisement

It doesn't give much detail and has little to do with refuting your claim that SF's alledged actions in another jurisdiction outweigh or are more hypocritical than what our government have been at.

I suppose it'll be no accountability and more deflection from the ignorant Irish government parties in 2021.
    Would be in everyone's interest if they cleaned up their act and stop talking ****e.

Story is credited to the Indo at the bottom,

It does.

"Sinn Féin's Michelle O'Neill blocked "necessary" public health information from being released across Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales one week before Christmas, despite being advised by her own government's chief medical officer and chief scientific adviser to endorse it".

Why is the vaccination program not going ahead at weekends? No rush lads... At your own pace...

"The vaccinators are not listed as working on the weekends under the draft HSE timeline."

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/operation-vaccination-hses-plan-for-care-home-residents-39902805.html

Why is the vaccination program not going ahead at weekends? No rush lads... At your own pace...

"The vaccinators are not listed as working on the weekends under the draft HSE timeline."

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/operation-vaccination-hses-plan-for-care-home-residents-39902805.html

It would seem strange and hard to believe that no weekend inoculations would take place.
    The only reason I can think of would perhaps be the amount of vaccines available per week at the initial stages.
    It seems general inoculation wot take place till May or June so supply must be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

two boxes on a pallet ---- ya need to say more about fg\ff government, oh and the fake greens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

jelem wrote: »
    two boxes on a pallet ---- ya need to say more about fg\ff government, oh and the fake greens

Every country in the EU received 2 boxes.

It would seem strange and hard to believe that no weekend inoculations would take place.
    The only reason I can think of would perhaps be the amount of vaccines available per week at the initial stages.
    It seems general inoculation wot take place till May or June so supply must be the issue.

Why don't we ask someone high up like say the tainiste for example...oh wait. Cancel that suggestion. Well at least he say we'll catch. Good enough 😊.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1343170821880119298?s=19

Did you ever see such a staged photo, how would the two boxes stay on the pallet in the back of the van with no wrap or strapping?

Did you ever see such a staged photo, how would the two boxes stay on the pallet in the back of the van with no wrap or strapping?

The pageant around the fridges too was ridiculous. The ministers taking pictures on their mobiles on the news. What a waste of time when they should have been meeting with HSE to finalise plans for the rollout. Fur coat and no knickers once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

And they forgot to put them in the fridge.

• Advertisement

Ah looks like public outcry has moved plans. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1343183961166647296?s=19

It does.

"Sinn Féin's Michelle O'Neill blocked "necessary" public health information from being released across Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales one week before Christmas, despite being advised by her own government's chief medical officer and chief scientific adviser to endorse it".

Sooooo if MON disagrees with distributing undefined "necessary" health information, while advocating for an all island approach and stricter covid measures, while the DUP want more laxxed regulations for Christmas, how are SF in the Republic more hypocritical than the FF/FG/Green government cherry picking what advice to follow, getting in a strop with NPHET, flouting their own rules, leaking confidential information for a pal or giving a crony a top judicial position among other things?

Why don't we ask someone high up like say the tainiste for example...oh wait. Cancel that suggestion. Well at least he say we'll catch. Good enough 😊.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1343170821880119298?s=19

"Will catch up" with other countries. More concerned over image than worried about getting them out. Waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

SF aren't in government.

Ha, ha, that Kylie Minogue song comes to mind. What was it called? “Can’t get Leo out of my head”?

Broken record stuck in a groove, with nearly every post about a single politician.

As for the other jurisdiction (which you have brought up), the vetoing by Sinn Fein of a UK-wide message, against the advice of the public health experts, is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Unbelievable.

Testing in the North is a disgrace, half the level of the South, while the numbers of infected and dying are running at twice the level of the South.

Those numbers show up the incompetence of the SF/DUP government and the ineptitude of SF politicians unable to persuade others.

Thanks to Boris Johnson, they did get the vaccine a few days earlier than us, but l doubt you will give him any credit.

Another lad forgetting that he's in government.

https://twitter.com/MarcMacsharryTD/status/1343259940681523200?s=19

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ha, ha, that Kylie Minogue song comes to mind. What was it called? “Can’t get Leo out of my head”?

Broken record stuck in a groove, with nearly every post about a single politician.

As for the other jurisdiction (which you have brought up), the vetoing by Sinn Fein of a UK-wide message, against the advice of the public health experts, is a disgrace.

It's alot more nuanced than some posters like to say up north anyway. SF thread really is the place for this sort of thing.

Thanks for bringing up Varadkar again mind.reminds me of how much of a moron he is. He's literally gone against NPHET a few times now and cannot admit the CMO has been proven right. A dangerous idiot. Lying again ;

"Mr Varadkar said the Cabinet had already gone against NPHET's recommendation in the decision not to close non-essential retail, however, he said everything would be reviewed when ministers meet again on Tuesday.

Noting the fact that almost 1,300 new cases were recorded last night, Mr Varadkar said: "Nobody anticipated that numbers would rise so quickly."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40197192.html

However here's NPHET's advice to government on October 5th;

"Case numbers and hospitalisations are growing exponentially. The Reproductive number is now estimated at 1.2. If we fail to reduce viral transmission nationwide immediately, we could see 1,100 – 1,500 cases per day and 300-450 people in hospital by November 7th."

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/4e25b-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-7-october/

• Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's alot more nuanced than some posters like to say up north anyway. SF thread really is the place for this sort of thing.

Thanks for bringing up Varadkar again mind.reminds me of how much of a moron he is. He's literally gone against NPHET a few times now and cannot admit the CMO has been proven right. A dangerous idiot. Lying again ;

"Mr Varadkar said the Cabinet had already gone against NPHET's recommendation in the decision not to close non-essential retail, however, he said everything would be reviewed when ministers meet again on Tuesday.

Noting the fact that almost 1,300 new cases were recorded last night, Mr Varadkar said: "Nobody anticipated that numbers would rise so quickly."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40197192.html

However here's NPHET's advice to government on October 5th;

"Case numbers and hospitalisations are growing exponentially. The Reproductive number is now estimated at 1.2. If we fail to reduce viral transmission nationwide immediately, we could see 1,100 – 1,500 cases per day and 300-450 people in hospital by November 7th."

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/4e25b-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-7-october/

FG and FF still playing for votes on striving against something surprising and overwhelming yet they have consistently walked us into situations that have overwhelmed and surprised us, instead of doing what they are extolling everybody else to do - listen to the expert advice.
    Now we have the abject delay on rolling out the vaccine...days behind everybody else. Disappointing but fairly predictable.

FG and FF still playing for votes on striving against something surprising and overwhelming yet they have consistently walked us into situations that have overwhelmed and surprised us, instead of doing what they are extolling everybody else to do - listen to the expert advice.
    Now we have the abject delay on rolling out the vaccine...days behind everybody else. Disappointing but fairly predictable.

As usual, they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. No doubt there’ll be the usual posters griping about who gets inoculated first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As usual, they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t. No doubt there’ll be the usual posters griping about who gets inoculated first.

In this case it's 'don't'.

Like how long did they need to be prepped and ready?

I suppose it fills you with confidence Maryanne...hmmm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement