Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    And trolley numbers were the lowest ever in December 2020, so shouldn’t you be acknowledging that improvement? Or are you just looking for something different to complain about?

As shown to you time and again, both nationally and internationally people have been avoiding hospitals. There was even concern that people may be putting their health in jeopardy over fear of Covid.
    It is highly dishonest to keep on pedaling this lie.
    Not to forget the complete hypocrisy that the HSE being a ****show is on unions and nurses getting too many holidays one minute then something we should pat the backs of the FF/FG/Green government the next.
    Have to agree with you there. She certainly has her own mind, but it far from normal peoples thinking.

The idea that people who don't agree with you are 'not normal' is a very disrespectful and low brand of thinking we've seen become the norm in Republican GOP/FG circles.

smurgen wrote: »
    It's grand lads 4,900 cases today but Richard Bruton has a prawn curry on to settle everyone's nerves. FG must think this whole pandemic is a big joke.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1345789902127067141?s=19

https://twitter.com/RichardbrutonTD/status/1345778364532092931?s=19

How much is the tax payer paying these Social Media merchants to school these politicians on raising their profile with such crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »

The idea that people who don't agree with you are 'not normal' is a very disrespectful and low brand of thinking we've seen become the norm in Republican GOP/FG circles.

That particular kind of arrogance is one of the last remaining distinguishing things between FF and FG. You wouldn't hear that from a dyed in the wool FFer to be fair to them. Micheál has it, but then he was always closer to being a closet FGer than anyone else on his front bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That particular kind of arrogance is one of the last remaining distinguishing things between FF and FG. You wouldn't hear that from a dyed in the wool FFer to be fair to them. Micheál has it, but then he was always closer to being a closet FGer than anyone else on his front bench.

Yeah..... :D... anyone who can stand up to the Shinners is immediately targeted by the bots as ‘arrogant’, so O’Reilly and Cullinane and O ‘Brioin and their fellow travelers could trample all over them.

Stay ‘arrogant’ folks, you will need to stay arrogant and feisty to stifle this lot and scupper their game plan.

Stand up and be counted and don’t back down and be browbeaten by these bullies.

Yeah..... :D... anyone who can stand up to the Shinners is immediately targeted by the bots as ‘arrogant’, so O’Reilly and Cullinane and O ‘Brioin and their fellow travelers could trample all over them.

Stay ‘arrogant’ folks, you will need to stay arrogant and feisty to stifle this lot and scupper their game plan.

blanch was talking about a PBP politician Brendi.

Stop rattling those boogeymen and women under your bed with that sweeping brush lad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

:D:D.
    If he supported going into govt with SF wouldn't he be described as as a closet shinner?
    It's funny though, if he's considered a bad FFer he must be a closet FGer.
    I enjoyed that anyway.

If he supported going into govt with SF wouldn't he be described as as a closet shinner?
    It's funny though, if he's considered a bad FFer he must be a closet FGer.
    I enjoyed that anyway.

Martin is closer to FG than most grassroots FFers. Look at the division in that party...stems from that IMO.
    I wouldn't normally class going into coalition with other parties as a sign of 'closet' adherence to that other party's ideologies. I just think that is one of the issues FF has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

Martin is closer to FG than most grassroots FFers. Look at the division in that party...stems from that IMO.
    I wouldn't normally class going into coalition with other parties as a sign of 'closet' adherence to that other party's ideologies. I just think that is one of the issues FF has.
    It's easier to blame all their woes on their leader rather than admit their lack of vision as a party. The last election was still their second worst result, they actually did better in 2016.

Internal sniping at the leadership from day one of this government shows there's no unity, and certainly no unifying visionaries to take over from MM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

Have to laugh at FG gazing at their shoes feeling sorry for themselves thinking they are getting bullied with their obnoxiousness over the last few years.

Getting held to account and outboxed on governance and administration failures is part and parcel of democracy, and they're struggling badly with that reality.

A thread on the guy that got the 14m contract for dodgy ventilators mentioned earlier in this thread. He's a fantastic success story. :)

https://twitter.com/FancyVegasPro/status/1346022394616549377

• Advertisement

Have to laugh at FG gazing at their shoes feeling sorry for themselves thinking they are getting bullied with their obnoxiousness over the last few years.

Getting held to account and outboxed on governance and administration failures is part and parcel of democracy, and they're struggling badly with that reality.

Heh heh... Pearsie, anyone would think you lot are in power.

Roaring and shouting but achieving nothing.

Very easy to ‘call’ for everything but have no interest in who pays.

Pearsie, I’m afraid you lot have no idea how to run a country and the issues and problems involved.

Your m.o. is to try to horse money at every problem without any regard for who foots the bill.

That auld bull won’t convince anyone with a lick of sense.

And you can nail that one down, shaft.

Heh heh... Pearsie, anyone would think you lot are in power.

Roaring and shouting but achieving nothing.

Very easy to ‘call’ for everything but have no interest in who pays.

Pearsie, I’m afraid you lot have no idea how to run a country and the issues and problems involved.

Your m.o. is to try to horse money at every problem without any regard for who foots the bill.

That auld bull won’t convince anyone with a lick of sense.

And you can nail that one down, shaft.

Who's you lot?

Are you hallucinating SF again? Time to take your meds.

Who's you lot?

Are you hallucinating SF again? Time to take your meds.

You heard me, punchy......:D

A thread on the guy that got the 14m contract for dodgy ventilators mentioned earlier in this thread. He's a fantastic success story. :)

https://twitter.com/FancyVegasPro/status/1346022394616549377
    I wonder if FGers are back checking their whatsapp groups to cover their tracks.

yagan wrote: »
    I wonder if FGers are back checking their whatsapp groups to cover their tracks.

Someone looked at this iffy music promoters tender and decided to give him millions of tax payer money. It needs to be investigated.
    I'm sure the fiscally conservative junior government party are all over it....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Will you get up the yard with your made-up quotes and embellishments of what everyone else posts.

You can't be taken seriously with a post like that. I never said that people I don't agree with are not normal, but some politicians, like Brid Smith, don't think in the way that normal people do. If that makes you uncomfortable, so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Will you get up the yard with your made-up quotes and embellishments of what everyone else posts.

You can't be taken seriously with a post like that. I never said that people I don't agree with are not normal, but some politicians, like Brid Smith, don't think in the way that normal people do. If that makes you uncomfortable, so be it.

Like Joesepha Madigan. "Schools aren't closed they're just not open" lol. No wonder Maria Bailey never had a chance.

You have not refuted my post. My comment is regarding classing people as 'not normal' because their opinion differs with yours.
    The habit of classifying people as not normal or different because their opinions may differ is arrogant and dismissive.
    You've a well recorded posting history on claiming people you disagree with are not 'normal'. I was commenting on that. You specifying 'some' is neither here nor there.

As for "made-up quotes and embellishments of what everyone else posts." that's your forte.

You have not refuted my post. My comment is regarding classing people as 'not normal' because their opinion differs with yours.
    The habit of classifying people as not normal or different because their opinions may differ is arrogant and dismissive.
    You've a well recorded posting history on claiming people you disagree with are not 'normal'. I was commenting on that. You specifying 'some' is neither here nor there.

As for "made-up quotes and embellishments of what everyone else posts." that's your forte.

He's #notanormalposter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FFG have come back to work and already the chaos is starting.
    You have to hand it them, they do make lockdown go a lot faster :D

As John McGuinness FF TD said you have to compliment the "Cabinet on its consistency on making a balls of things every week"

I think they need to take guidance from the Ronan Keating song - "You say it best when you say nothing at all"

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

smurgen wrote: »

Nice one Joseph...not a clue.

Coalition of communication chaos is back!!

Everybody knew the schools would not reopen on 11th.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Crazy Decision

Absolute lunacy this

Makes me shamed to be irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Treseemme. wrote: »
    Crazy Decision

Absolute lunacy this

Makes me shamed to be irish!

The decision to close the schools?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I ask again - who are these "normal" people?
    How are they defined?
    "doesn't think like Brid Smith" seems a very nebulous definition - who do they think like then? Since we are using elected members of the Dáil as the benchmark tell me which TD typifies "normal people"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

6k cases in a day now I see - chances of you not being a close contact with a positive case somewhere along the line now is surely declining every day?

How do we get this genie back in the lamp?

Looking like schools won't be back now until Feb (proper order imo) but I think there's more Draconian measures on the way - and I think they're needed.

I will say something though, what's the point in the schools remaining closed when I travel through my local village or town, and there's hordes of school kids freely mixing with each other anyway? If they want this thing back under control - they need to start enforcing harsher measures to stop this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    I will say something though, what's the point in the schools remaining closed when I travel through my local village or town, and there's hordes of school kids freely mixing with each other anyway? If they want this thing back under control - they need to start enforcing harsher measures to stop this happening.

I have seen the same where I am, why keep the schools closed when the kids/teens are just going to be out on the street mixing with each other or going in and out of each others houses. It was the same in the first lockdown as well gangs of kids/teenagers hanging around together.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I'm sure the fiscally conservative junior government party

Have to laugh at this - which budget were you watching the 2019?

Cheers, I needed a good laugh.

McMurphy wrote: »
    6k cases in a day now I see - chances of you not being a close contact with a positive case somewhere along the line now is surely declining every day?

How do we get this genie back in the lamp?

Looking like schools won't be back now until Feb (proper order imo) but I think there's more Draconian measures on the way - and I think they're needed.

When the Tanaiste publicly attacks the standing of the appointed health experts I am not sure how you win back the confidence of the public.
    Perhaps those lauding the Tanaiste might have some ideas.

Triangle wrote: »
    Have to laugh at this - which budget were you watching the 2019?

Cheers, I needed a good laugh.

utzTCyo.png

Slim chance the often outraged over little always found wanting government parties will comment on or look into this obvious major flaw and waste of millions. If they thought it might damage the shinners they'd be all over it.

• Advertisement

This incoming lockdown was entirely avoidable, FFG/Greens chose to take a chance against medical recommendations and the cost in human life and long term healthcare for Covid cases dwarfs the xmas income like a colossus.

I'm gone past being angry as there's no where to channel it now, but when the danger is passed I will never let any FFG/Greens defender forget their manslaughter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement