Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The_Brood wrote: »
    I am yet to meet a single person in real life who admits to voting for FF. FG extremely rare too. Where black holes are all their voters coming from?

I know fine people who vote FG. I don't know anyone said they voted FF.
    The most humourous part is FF/FG lobbyists believing all the new SF voters appeared out of thin air and have nothing to do with FF/FG behaviour or policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am yet to meet a single person in real life who admits to voting for FF. FG extremely rare too. Where black holes are all their voters coming from?

I voted FG for nearly 20 years. Right up until 2011 but never again.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I voted FG for nearly 20 years. Right up until 2011 but never again.

Always gave them a nod. Not since 2011 and highly unlikely to in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I don't believe either above posts, because none of what either of you post now was ever FG ethos, never.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I don't believe either above posts, because none of what either of you post now was ever FG ethos, never.

Political parties aren't like League of Ireland teams, or premiership football teams, people can become disillusioned with a political party.

You'll even see many posters on here scream that they're disgusted with FG pandering to certain sections of society etc, but "they'll still vote for them as best of a bad bunch".

Apart from that, mathematics are your friend, massive losses for FFG with strong increases for the Shinners and others is evidence that some certainly "switched" allegiance.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Political parties aren't like League of Ireland teams, or premiership football teams, people can become disillusioned with a political party.

You'll even see many posters on here scream that they're disgusted with FG pandering to certain sections of society etc, but "they'll still vote for them as best of a bad bunch".

Apart from that, mathematics are your friend, massive losses for FFG with strong increases for the Shinners and others is evidence that some certainly "switched" allegiance.

Fair enough. But political party's follow a certain ethos, FGs has remained fiscally Conservative throughout.
    People can change their point of view and that's fine, but that doesn't mean FG have changed much just people's opinion.
    So Bowie and Cluedo have changed if that's the case, believing the spin that the left and SF are espousing.

Marc MacSharry very critical of the vaccine roll out and administration by our govt and claiming at current speed it will take 5 and a half years to roll it out.
    https://twitter.com/MarcMacsharryTD/status/1347094948919783424?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Marc MacSharry very critical of the vaccine roll out and administration by our govt and claiming at current speed it will take 5 and a half years to roll it out.

Looks like he hasn't done the math and realised 135k is the max we can fully vaccinate by end of February with the supply of Pfizer vaccine. We are supply constrained, he seems to think its capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I voted FF until 2011, now am a FG voter.

Fair enough. But political party's follow a certain ethos, FGs has remained fiscally Conservative throughout.
    People can change their point of view and that's fine, but that doesn't mean FG have changed much just people's opinion.
    So Bowie and Cluedo have changed if that's the case, believing the spin that the left and SF are espousing.

After the scandals of Irish Water, the NCH, and NBBP fiscally conservative is a bit of a contradiction tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Amazing all these lads seem to have all the answers and ideas when they have no responsibilities.

As soon as they get responsibility they disappear from sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's there in the voting stats Bish.

The combined vote of FF and FG has fallen from a high of 85% to mid 40's.

I am also one of those who lost faith.

It's there in the voting stats Bish.

The combined vote of FF and FG has fallen from a high of 85% to mid 40's.

I am also one of those who lost faith.

But it's you who's changed then Francie if that's, the case as with most voters.
    All that's changed politically is that SF are out FFing FF now, the crash caused most of that.
    FG haven changed so much or FF either.
    Just a new party of more of the same. No large shift left.

But it's you who's changed then Francie if that's, the case as with most voters.
    All that's changed politically is that SF are out FFing FF now, the crash caused most of that.
    FG haven changed so much or FF either.
    Just a new party of more of the same. No large shift left.

Does it matter?

It's certainly not my fault or the fault of those who won't vote for them anymore.

And not the thread for it, but I call bull**** on the claim that these two haven't changed. Of course they have, look at what they have presided over.

Does it matter?

It's certainly not my fault or the fault of those who won't vote for them anymore.

And not the thread for it, but I call bull**** on the claim that these two haven't changed. Of course they have, look at what they have presided over.

Thats it, what who presided over?

Thats it, what who presided over?

FF and FG...the power swap. Look at what they have presided over and look at the fall in their share of the vote. Makes sense to me why that share has fallen. Quite simply they left people behind in this country and they are voting for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Looks like he hasn't done the math and realised 135k is the max we can fully vaccinate by end of February with the supply of Pfizer vaccine. We are supply constrained, he seems to think its capacity.

Hopefully the Moderna vaccine will fast track plans. I believe it doesn't require the same low temperature the pfizer one does so should be a quicker roll out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Good FDI news and all credit to the IDA for keeping Ireland as a great place to locate business during a pandemic.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1347173956424495105?s=19

Although true, you are correct regarding an end to cronyism, no more quangos, change the way we do business, end the scandal of hospital trolleys and so on...it was just blarney to fool people like myself.

It's FG's absolute arrogance in refusing to believe it's them that's their problem that will keep them a bitter third tier party IMO.

With all due respect, (Siteserv, NAMA, IW, NCH, Spin unit, special advisors, leasing instead of building, crony deals) they didn't their hole.

Not to forget presiding over and exacerbating numerous record breaking societal crises while shrugging them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

15,000 vaccinated to date.
    Plans are afoot to vaccinate Leaving Cert students also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Amazing all these lads seem to have all the answers and ideas when they have no responsibilities.

As soon as they get responsibility they disappear from sight.

So what happened between 1997 and 2011? FG couldn't even win an ugly politician competition

15,000 vaccinated to date.
    Plans are afoot to vaccinate Leaving Cert students also

Shocking slow progress.

So what happened between 1997 and 2011? FG couldn't even win an ugly politician competition

Spat me afternoon coffee over the screen at that analogy. :D

Look I'm posting on Roderick O'Gorman. The first in my dastardly ongoing campaign against the man :rolleyes:

Poor man getting hammered on Drivetime for not consulting with Teachers/Unions/Parents on schools. Follow on from Foley yesterday.
    Basically calling him out on having no plan and giving little notice.

Open defiance from the ASTI now. A major PFO to the government. U-Turn imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Open defiance from the ASTI now. A major PFO to the government. U-Turn imminent.

The govt hadn't even the courtesy to ask the teachers first for their opinion. Not surprised they told Norma to f off.

I know. Complete disaster for Foley again. Another own goal. What were they thinking?

I know. Complete disaster for Foley again. Another own goal. What were they thinking?

Maybe Leo or MM have a friend/not friend heads another union?

• Advertisement

Yep, disastrous decision for them to have made.
    They'll definitely have to uturn on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement