Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Yep, disastrous decision for them to have made.
    They'll definitely have to uturn on it.

I said this the other day and I'll say it again, did none of their many advisors not think it might be wise for FFG to sound out the teachers first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bish, are you a shinner now, have you never voted for FG? I'd suggest you're someone unhappy with this move. If the policies began to make you more unhappy than happy, might you vote elsewhere and if so would you judge that you had changed or FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's worse....the u-turn has been made for them. Not in control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It's worse....the u-turn has been made for them. Not in control.

That's fair enough too.
    They're floundering in an attempt to keep some normals in a time when all needs shutting down.
    That's coalitions for you, cohesiveness is hard to achieve in short term decision making.
    Remember there's still a sizable amount of people shouting hoax.

That's fair enough too.
    They're floundering in an attempt to keep some normals in a time when all needs shutting down.
    That's coalitions for you, cohesiveness is hard to achieve in short term decision making.
    Remember there's still a sizable amount of people shouting hoax.

Oh... there's figures on it? How many are shouting 'hoax' then? A few vocal FB idiots is all I see. But what 'sizable' is and how it excuses yet another chaotic mess of arrogance and wrongheaded thinking from the get go, will be interesting.

• Advertisement

Oh... there's figures on it? How many are shouting 'hoax' then? A few vocal FB idiots is all I see. But what 'sizable' is and how it excuses yet another chaotic mess of arrogance and wrongheaded thinking from the get go, will be interesting.

In England earlier in the year, May I think from memory, 1 in 5 or 20% thought it.
    I don't know if there's been a survey here, but judging on behaviours and crowd gatherings a fairly large amount either think hoax or don't believe the seriousness of it.

So data from England is influencing government decisions here?

What has bringing children and adults into what is an otherwise too dangerous to open scenario got to do with the amount of people who think it is a hoax anyhow?

So data from England is influencing government decisions here?

What has bringing children and adults into what is an otherwise too dangerous to open scenario got to do with the amount of people who think it is a hoax anyhow?

Not what I said, but yes too.
    The new strain is influencing decisions.
    No need to think Irish attitudes are much different really, every country has its hoax shouters.
    If the shops all opened up in the morning the streets would be busy despite the numbers.
    The pubs would be full, proof of the fact that people are sceptical at least as to the seriousness of the issue.
    If there was widespread and wholesale belief in the seriousness of the issue the govt wouldn't need to issue restrictions at all.

Not what I said, but yes too.
    The new strain is influencing decisions.
    No need to think Irish attitudes are much different really, every country has its hoax shouters.
    If the shops all opened up in the morning the streets would be busy despite the numbers.
    The pubs would be full, proof of the fact that people are sceptical at least as to the seriousness of the issue.
    If there was widespread and wholesale belief in the seriousness of the issue the govt wouldn't need to issue restrictions at all.

So how does putting 61,00o people at risk wash with worries about the new strain?

Make sense Bish.

• Advertisement

RIC commemoration won't be going ahead anyway according to McEntee in the Examiner just now.

So how does putting 61,00o people at risk wash with worries about the new strain?

Make sense Bish.

It doesn't, i agree on that.
    I'm saying it goes against everything else they're trying to do even.
    But the people complaining are as hypocritical, because if the other measures weren't in place they'd happily plod into the shops and pubs and gatherings too.
    That's my point really.

Return to classes postponed to Feb 1. Another u turn from the Govt of Chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    RIC commemoration won't be going ahead anyway according to McEntee in the Examiner just now.

Dam. I was so looking forward to it too. :mad:

Didn't think the u-turn would come this quick.

They u-turned on the three day school week. Within 48 hours as predicted.
    Can't help but think if they were logical and discussed it with folk...ah well.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Dam. I was so looking forward to it too. :mad:

Suit in cleaners here too. :(

Didn't think the u-turn would come this quick.

Same here, from reading online the feeling is with ASTI pulling plant this evening FORSA would have followed with SNAs and secretaries and the whole thing would have created a bigger mess than it already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Looks like they fell to public pressure rather than any actual guidance from NPHET, judging by the CMOs comments this evening.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1347265413562986497?s=19

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Looks like they fell to public pressure rather than any actual guidance from NPHET, judging by the CMOs comments this evening.

Not that they always follow NPHET advice anyway.
    Point is MM made a solid statement the other day and they've back tracked. Nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong or changing your mind but if they had of consulted with the various parties they might not have had to act and look so foolish.

• Advertisement

'It's the public's fault' is Maryanne's line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Looks like they fell to public pressure

You are hardly accusing them of being populist chancers now are you bubba?

What. An. Absolute. Clusterfcuk.

Senior hurling my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

McMurphy wrote: »
    You are hardly accusing them of being populist chancers now are you bubba?

What. An. Absolute. Clusterfcuk.

Senior hurling my ass.

Junior tiddlewinks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

It has become impossible to have a civilised discussion in these threads. The two replies to my post above show that.

Enjoy folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What was it John McGuinness said at the FF parliamentary party last week?
    I have to compliment the cabinet on it's consistency on making a balls of things every week

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Came on this tragic story, really brings the mentality of Gemma O Doherty and her followers and like minded people to a new level.
    Be of no doubt, the numbers prepared to ignore and undermine the public health measures are large.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardaf390-gemmaodoherty-dublin-video-lockdown-19577147

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Came on this tragic story, really brings the mentality of Gemma O Doherty and her followers and like minded people to a new level.
    Be of no doubt, the numbers prepared to ignore and undermine the public health measures are large.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardaf390-gemmaodoherty-dublin-video-lockdown-19577147

She's a vile disgusting person who needs to held accountable for her actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Read about that and it enraged me. She needs to be prosecuted after this. Rip to the Garda. Such a shame.

Desperate story and hopefully it might have an effect on her but I am still failing to see how it explains incompetent government

• Advertisement

Desperate story and hopefully it might have an effect on her but I am still failing to see how it explains incompetent government

It doesn't i suppose.
    But what is incompetence in one man's eyes is a mistake in another's, and we all make them.
    Everyone both politically and in life is incompetent at some time or other, that doesn't mean they are wholly incompetent and no one will ever agree on everything any govt does.
    Even themselves looking back will concede that.
    And SF and the storey funeral debacle, was gross incompetence along with so many other things, does that make them incompetent and not fit for govt?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement