Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That is a constant through all lockdowns. Everyone from SF to the Government made the same mistakes.

It does not excuse the lack of restrictions when the experts knew and warned what would happen if they were not there Maryanne.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

No they didn't, please stop embarrassing yourself.

When this is all over, there will be an assessment. That assessment will compare how this government did compared to the government in the North and the government in London.

We can decide then.

smurgen wrote: »
    We're not vaccinating fast enough because of our unique geographical situation lol. Is there not a conspiracy their forum for nonsense posts?

No, that isn't what I said. We have a porous border with another jurisdiction. That jurisdiction is run by idiotic politicians who prefer to squabble over principles than help their people.

Actually, it is not unigue, the Canadians and Mexicans have the same problem dealing with the US on their doorstep that we have with the SF/DUP shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    No they didn't, please stop embarrassing yourself.

When this is all over, there will be an assessment. That assessment will compare how this government did compared to the government in the North and the government in London.

We can decide then.

Nobody will be playing your macabre politically motivated contest now or in the future.

No, that isn't what I said. We have a porous border with another jurisdiction. That jurisdiction is run by idiotic politicians who prefer to squabble over principles than help their people.

Actually, it is not unigue, the Canadians and Mexicans have the same problem dealing with the US on their doorstep that we have with the SF/DUP shambles.

What we have here are politicians and their faithful supporters who think the electorate are 'idiotic' to believe their spin.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/more-than-54-000-people-flew-into-state-over-festive-period-1.4453610

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    They projected worst case 1,200 cases a day by mid January if Government went ahead with the opening up. Government obviously weighed that up against all the other considerations and deemed it worth the risk.

If NPHET had projected 6k+ cases a day by the 5th of January then clearly the Government would have made a very different decision.

Can you come back and explain this? It seems up to 7000k were predicted by the end of the first week of January. See the NPHET letter to government on November 26th.

https://twitter.com/TJRyan_77/status/1347551828586729473?s=19

• Advertisement

What we have here are politicians and their faithful supporters who think the electorate are 'idiotic' to believe their spin.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/more-than-54-000-people-flew-into-state-over-festive-period-1.4453610

There was a bigger problem with people entering the State from Northern Ireland, that is why the figures in the border counties are so high.

All the advice and guidelines in the world are worthless if the people ignore them. After all, we cannot each have a personal advisor telling us what to do. Simples.

If it's pointless as you say I take you advocate lifting restrictions? On top of that too if the government is as useless as you say maybe we should looking at cutting politicians pay immediately and drastically. After all we can just be more responsible and everything will be fine right?

There was a bigger problem with people entering the State from Northern Ireland, that is why the figures in the border counties are so high.

And we know who blocked that - the DUP.

Never mind their problem...we allowed 54 through the airports alone. That's a disgrace.

And we know who blocked that - the DUP.

Never mind their problem...we allowed 54 through the airports alone. That's a disgrace.

First case in Ireland came from northern italy. A well known covid hotspot at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40203755.html
    Vaccination for GPs will now open on Monday, a leading Cork GP involved with the roll-out has confirmed as glitches in the IT registration system have caused delays.

Some nursing homes have said for example saying they are using Excel sheets to record vaccine data currently.

IT systems getting the blame for everything. Proper planning would have helped.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40203755.html

IT systems getting the blame for everything. Proper planning would have helped.

An absolute farce. 9 months to get all this in line. Heads need to roll when all this is over- Paul Reid is finished to start.

If it's pointless as you say I take you advocate lifting restrictions? On top of that too if the government is as useless as you say maybe we should looking at cutting politicians pay immediately and drastically. After all we can just be more responsible and everything will be fine right?

It is important for us to know where we are at re infections. Life will never be the same. We’ve got to adapt to the new normal. Restrictions that people choose to ignore are pointless. I would see nothing wrong with driving 5 miles to have a socially distancing walk with my daughter or friend.
    The Government have more to oversee than Covid, so your point about cutting their pay is childish and silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Can you come back and explain this? It seems up to 7000k were predicted by the end of the first week of January. See the NPHET letter to government on November 26th.

https://twitter.com/TJRyan_77/status/1347551828586729473?s=19

I read NHPET in that link say it is inevitable there will be household visits and mixing over Xmas.

So they basically admitted it didn't matter what restrictions where brought in, people where gonna mix anyway.

Case closed.

First case in Ireland came from northern italy. A well known covid hotspot at the time.

Yeah if we had of stopped travel from Italy in March we would have never had covid here.

Do you actually realise what you're posting!!! :)

An absolute farce. 9 months to get all this in line. Heads need to roll when all this is over- Paul Reid is finished to start.

Is he?

Where can I read about this?

Yeah if we had of stopped travel from Italy in March we would have never had covid here.

Do you actually realise what you're posting!!! :)

It would have reduced the flow. Do you realize what you're posting?

54,000 arrivals over Christmas.

I take it there was mandatory negative tests? Oh wait no ****e those are only coming in today for UK and South Africa arrivals.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/more-than-54-000-people-flew-into-state-over-festive-period-1.4453610?mode=amp

I read NHPET in that link say it is inevitable there will be household visits and mixing over Xmas.

So they basically admitted it didn't matter what restrictions where brought in, people where gonna mix anyway.

Case closed.

Don't know if you read it correctly and confusion and blurred vision are symptoms.

There needs to be multiple resignations at government after this passes.

https://twitter.com/peterdonaghy/status/1348034214311190528?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

There needs to be multiple resignations at government after this passes.

https://twitter.com/peterdonaghy/status/1348034214311190528?s=19

Resignations? How do you work that out?

My sister flew home from London on 17th December. At the time a test 5 days later would allow her out of quarantine. She got the test on the 22nd and it was negative. By that stage though the government advised all travellers from UK since 8th December should quarantine for 14 days. We ignored that advice and continued our Christmas plans to stay with her and my parents.

We also went to my in laws on Christmas Day to swap presents and then to them on Stephen’s day for dinner. We went again for dinner with them on 28th. In the end me, my wife, three of our four kids, my sister, my mother in law and sister in law ended up with positive Covid tests. My sister ended up bringing it back to London having caught it here rather than bringing the new strain over. We suspect my brother in law was the first of us to have it but he never got tested so we can’t be sure.

We saw him Christmas Day and on the 28th. The 28th was the only day we broke the one household rule but I’d say I’d already caught it because I got symptoms on 29th. So we chose to break two rules from government and ended up with it spreading rampant. Even if we had obeyed all the rules it looks like we’d have had three same outcome. Except my sister might have escaped it if she’d stayed in her room right through Christmas. I can’t imagine anyone expected that to happen though.

So maybe if the government had implemented level 5 before Christmas me and my family would have avoided Covid, and similarly many other families too. We wouldn’t have had the numbers nationally that we’ve seen. But virtually nobody wanted that, not you or any of the other regular government detractors would have wanted it or obeyed it.

Hindsight is 20-20, but to lay all the blame at the government is just wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Varadkar is a liability to our country and his denile of reality makes him unfit for office. He should resign. He is a barefaced liar.

https://twitter.com/GraceOSllvn/status/1123695058916605958?s=19

How the **** do you remember and find a tweet from over a year and a half ago? Denile indeed. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

tobsey wrote: »
    How the **** do you remember and find a tweet from over a year and a half ago? Denile indeed. Pathetic.

Because he does nothing else except scrape Twitter for rubbish, Tee.

Resignations? How do you work that out?

My sister flew home from London on 17th December. At the time a test 5 days later would allow her out of quarantine. She got the test on the 22nd and it was negative. By that stage though the government advised all travellers from UK since 8th December should quarantine for 14 days. We ignored that advice and continued our Christmas plans to stay with her and my parents.

We also went to my in laws on Christmas Day to swap presents and then to them on Stephen’s day for dinner. We went again for dinner with them on 28th. In the end me, my wife, three of our four kids, my sister, my mother in law and sister in law ended up with positive Covid tests. My sister ended up bringing it back to London having caught it here rather than bringing the new strain over. We suspect my brother in law was the first of us to have it but he never got tested so we can’t be sure.

We saw him Christmas Day and on the 28th. The 28th was the only day we broke the one household rule but I’d say I’d already caught it because I got symptoms on 29th. So we chose to break two rules from government and ended up with it spreading rampant. Even if we had obeyed all the rules it looks like we’d have had three same outcome. Except my sister might have escaped it if she’d stayed in her room right through Christmas. I can’t imagine anyone expected that to happen though.

So maybe if the government had implemented level 5 before Christmas me and my family would have avoided Covid, and similarly many other families too. We wouldn’t have had the numbers nationally that we’ve seen. But virtually nobody wanted that, not you or any of the other regular government detractors would have wanted it or obeyed it.

Hindsight is 20-20, but to lay all the blame at the government is just wrong.

So you're saying essentially the government took a populist approach and its back fired essentially? Sorry to hear of your family ill. Two of my relatives now have it. One was an essential maintenance worker in building project in Dublin.

Varadkar's greatest hits are resurfacing every day now. He is trending daily as people begin to look at how we got where we are.He was health minister and was brutal at it. His past actions were adversarial to Doctor and detrimental to the health system in general .More recently he undermined NPHET on live tv. He's been instrumental in government going against NPHET guidance twice now .Truly pathetic indeed. He needs to step down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

He probably uses the same crowd that FG do to trawl through SF posts from years ago. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He probably uses the same crowd that FG do to trawl through SF posts from years ago. Pathetic.

:D indeed!

Because he does nothing else except scrape Twitter for rubbish, Tee.

Twitter is a fantastic medium for sharing information if you're following the correct people. I'm sorry if it has a wider view of the world than that fed to you by FFG.

Fann Linn wrote: »

There's a trending feature that shows your what's trending in Ireland. That video of Varadkar crying no evidence and going against consultants was trending yesterday. Basic stuff if you used twitter. Leo the leek. Leo the liar and Leo Varadkar have been trending at the top 10 for Ireland for months now.

:D indeed!

Indeed? If you assume bad intentions of another you know alot of the time is just projection of your own lack of character and bad morals. Just because FG have systematic reviews of social media of others by paid employees doesn't mean others are doing the same.
    The problem is they're just deeply deeply unpopular and Joe public has no problem digging up their most cringe inducing bloopers as they like to call them.

• Advertisement

So you're saying essentially the government took a populist approach and its back fired essentially? Sorry to hear of your family ill. Two of my relatives now have it. One was an essential maintenance worker in building project in Dublin.

I suppose you blame Leo yeah?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement