Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I suppose you blame Leo yeah?

For making the environment of all currently live in more dangerous? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    Indeed? If you assume bad intentions of another you know alot of the time is just projection of your own lack of character and bad morals. Just because FG have systematic reviews of social media of others by paid employees doesn't mean others are doing the same.
    The problem is they're just deeply deeply unpopular and Joe public has no problem digging up their most cringe inducing bloopers as they like to call them.

I wasn't having a go at you BTW, just funny the way he worded it, while defending you he turned it against you.

Here's another Twitter post for you Brendi. A Harvard entomologist. But sure only rubbish as you say. You'd never get someone that unimportant on claire bryne of the late late sure.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1348080234265006082?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

And also claims he isn't a SF supporter and will criticise any political party if they get things wrong.

Still waiting for even one post criticising anyone else other than FFG.

Or even Leo:)

Just one post would suffice!

In some ways you'd be jealous of their naivety. They somehow got it in to their head that things would be much better if Mary Lou and Pearse were in charge.

But point out that SF agreed with opening up in December and the hand waving of the SF cohort starts.

christy c wrote: »
    In some ways you'd be jealous of their naivety. They somehow got it in to their head that things would be much better if Mary Lou and Pearse were in charge.

But point out that SF agreed with opening up in December and the hand waving of the SF cohort starts.

SF weren't in power. FFG they called the shots. The shots that have us where we are. Where's the rhetoric were were fed in April of Leo and Simon playing a blinder with the pandemic? Talk about premature.

• Advertisement

SF weren't in power. FFG they called the shots. The shots that have us where we are. Where's the rhetoric were were fed in April of Leo and Simon playing a blinder with the pandemic? Talk about premature.

Cue the hand waving, typical.

Read back through this thread and you'll see people ranting and raving about effective opposition, not much talk of that now is there.

In the unlikely event of people reading this thread for information on the virus, I'd recommend reading the COVID forum instead. There are well informed posters there who outline where we are, including the political mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

For making the environment of all currently live in more dangerous? Yes.

Not the question I asked.

Usual side stepping.

They are in power in the North.

Where its rampant and we share a border with.

I know you will still say they are absolved of any blame though.

What do they actually do again????

Not the question I asked.

Usual side stepping.

The usual pointless rhetoric. Anything to drown out the monumental fcuk up by government now putting us all at risk.

They are in power in the North.

Where its rampant and we share a border with.

I know you will still say they are absolved of any blame though.

What do they actually do again????

You mean the north where they tried to restrict flights from the UK and were blocked by the DUP? How did FFG get on convincing the DUP to go with an all island approach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tobsey wrote: »
    Resignations? How do you work that out?

My sister flew home from London on 17th December. At the time a test 5 days later would allow her out of quarantine. She got the test on the 22nd and it was negative. By that stage though the government advised all travellers from UK since 8th December should quarantine for 14 days. We ignored that advice and continued our Christmas plans to stay with her and my parents.

We also went to my in laws on Christmas Day to swap presents and then to them on Stephen’s day for dinner. We went again for dinner with them on 28th. In the end me, my wife, three of our four kids, my sister, my mother in law and sister in law ended up with positive Covid tests. My sister ended up bringing it back to London having caught it here rather than bringing the new strain over. We suspect my brother in law was the first of us to have it but he never got tested so we can’t be sure.

We saw him Christmas Day and on the 28th. The 28th was the only day we broke the one household rule but I’d say I’d already caught it because I got symptoms on 29th. So we chose to break two rules from government and ended up with it spreading rampant. Even if we had obeyed all the rules it looks like we’d have had three same outcome. Except my sister might have escaped it if she’d stayed in her room right through Christmas. I can’t imagine anyone expected that to happen though.

So maybe if the government had implemented level 5 before Christmas me and my family would have avoided Covid, and similarly many other families too. We wouldn’t have had the numbers nationally that we’ve seen. But virtually nobody wanted that, not you or any of the other regular government detractors would have wanted it or obeyed it.

Hindsight is 20-20, but to lay all the blame at the government is just wrong.

Who exactly is laying 'ALL' the blame on the government?

This is a thread to discuss government. We have seen people post on their successes and their failures.

They have failed the people here, without a doubt IMO. The people have also failed.

Both can be true.

The usual pointless rhetoric. Anything to drown out the monumental fcuk up by government now putting us all at risk.

Not at all.

Noone can hide what's going on, so stop with the conspiracy nonsense.

I'm picking up yesterday where you said the government is at fault for people getting covid and that's it.

As I said even my 5 year old knows some people only have themselves to blame.

Not Leo or the government no matter how much you want to push that narrative.

Had the points in this letter been put into place it would have been a massive reduction in cases I feel.

https://twitter.com/LD_DILLON/status/1348188811314999296?s=19

Who exactly is laying 'ALL' the blame on the government?

This is a thread to discuss government. We have seen people post on their successes and their failures.

They have failed the people here, without a doubt IMO. The people have also failed.

Both can be true.

Well the opposition parties are showing to be just as useless so as they agreed with the reopening.

Thought they were there to challenge the governments decisions??

Well the opposition parties are showing to be just as useless so as they agreed with the reopening.

The opposition are not responsible for governmental decisions JJ. The buck stops with the government here.

The opposition are not responsible for governmental decisions JJ. The buck stops with the government here.

But aren't the opposition there to call out the government?

Didn't see them calling out to stop the reopening.

Fair enough about the government.

Can we discuss the opposition parties now?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Resignations? How do you work that out?

My sister flew home from London on 17th December. At the time a test 5 days later would allow her out of quarantine. She got the test on the 22nd and it was negative. By that stage though the government advised all travellers from UK since 8th December should quarantine for 14 days. We ignored that advice and continued our Christmas plans to stay with her and my parents.

We also went to my in laws on Christmas Day to swap presents and then to them on Stephen’s day for dinner. We went again for dinner with them on 28th. In the end me, my wife, three of our four kids, my sister, my mother in law and sister in law ended up with positive Covid tests. My sister ended up bringing it back to London having caught it here rather than bringing the new strain over. We suspect my brother in law was the first of us to have it but he never got tested so we can’t be sure.

We saw him Christmas Day and on the 28th. The 28th was the only day we broke the one household rule but I’d say I’d already caught it because I got symptoms on 29th. So we chose to break two rules from government and ended up with it spreading rampant. Even if we had obeyed all the rules it looks like we’d have had three same outcome. Except my sister might have escaped it if she’d stayed in her room right through Christmas. I can’t imagine anyone expected that to happen though.

So maybe if the government had implemented level 5 before Christmas me and my family would have avoided Covid, and similarly many other families too. We wouldn’t have had the numbers nationally that we’ve seen. But virtually nobody wanted that, not you or any of the other regular government detractors would have wanted it or obeyed it.

Hindsight is 20-20, but to lay all the blame at the government is just wrong.
    No one blames the govt for everything as there is a thing called personal responsability. Selfish pricks have caused this spread. For 1 year a lot of people could have restricted their movements but chose not to.

If DUP and FG are adamant to keep airports open on both jurisdictions what can anyone else do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How the **** do you remember and find a tweet from over a year and a half ago? Denile indeed. Pathetic.

This is interesting, when someone unearths a tweet that makes Varadkar look incompetent, there's questions on how someone finds and remembers such tweets.

When FG team unearths and draws attention to a tweet someone posted from years ago, they've to come into the Dail and explain themselves and their heads are called for.

You'd have to wonder, is there ever any point reached in which govt cultists realise that they're actually a bunch of perpetual faux outraged hypocrites?

Great entertainment value though.

If DUP and FG are adamant to keep airports open on both jurisdictions what can anyone else do?

I'm taking about the reopening at Xmas.

Can you please address this point please instead of side stepping as usual.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    This is interesting, when someone unearths a tweet that makes Varadkar look incompetent, there's questions on how someone finds and remembers such tweets.

When FG team unearths and draws attention to a tweet someone posted from years ago, they've to come into the Dail and explain themselves and their heads are called for.

You'd have to wonder, is there ever any point reached in which govt cultists realise that they're actually a bunch of perpetual faux outraged hypocrites?

Great entertainment value though.

They like social media when it suits them lol. Problem for them is it's all recorded and can be regurgitated which they hate.

Another one of Leo's bloopers that will come into focus now this week. When we hear of hospitals overrun and health care workers exhausted remember this.

"More beds and additional resources can lead to a slower work rate among hospital staff, Health Minister Leo Varadkar has claimed.

In an interview with the Sunday Independent, Mr Varadkar, who confirmed that he would like to continue as Health Minister if re-elected to government, said more beds and resources can lead to less productivity.

"What can happen in some hospitals is sometimes, when they have more beds and more resources, that's what kind of slows it down."

When asked why, he replied: "Because they [hospital staff] don't feel as much under pressure.

"When a hospital is very crowded, there will be a real push to make sure people get their x-rays, get their tests and, you know, 'lets get them out in four days.'"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2016/more-hospital-beds-can-slow-down-staff-claims-minister-leo-varadkar-34430062.html

Some buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    No one blames the govt for everything as there is a thing called personal responsability. Selfish pricks have caused this spread. For 1 year a lot of people could have restricted their movements but chose not to.

At last someone talking sense and reality.

Lot of lads in here just ignore common sense like that ,Dude.

If I remember MLMCD supported the Govt in the latest lockdown.

For some reason that’s the last we heard from her or her cohorts being in any way supportive.

Go figure.......:cool:

But aren't the opposition there to call out the government?

Didn't see them calling out to stop the reopening.

Fair enough about the government.

Can we discuss the opposition parties now?

The opposition (SF And LAB and some INDs) is insistent that the Government follow the CMO advice. I heard them calling on the government to release the data on which they based their decision to open up from December the 18th and assuming that they had made a balanced decision.

Everybody sane (I include myself in that) 'welcomed' the decision to open up. BUT it was based on the government not ignoring the data or the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They like social media when it suits them lol. Problem for them is it's all recorded and can be regurgitated which they hate.

FG in particular have a real love/hate relationship with social media, their official twitter account was a sight to behold in the latter part of last year (I haven't looked at it lately, so not sure how it is now) - it actually looked like it was being operated by a couple of young FG acolytes who had a penchant for trolling SF, and while we live in a democracy, a country with one of the main govt party using social media to essentially troll and spread propaganda is more befitting of trump's America, and I would suggest that theres many within FG who should be rightfully embarrassed by what's going on in the background by the "law and order party" who have resorted to trolling on social media, so terrified are they with a serious opposition party.

But then there's the other side of social media that they hate with a passion, and that's when their trolling and propaganda is called out, dismantled and exposed.

Social media gives a platform to everyone's voice to be heard, not just party hacks masquerading as journalists - and the fact they cannot control it is a serious detestation of theirs.

You can see it on these threads when someone calls out there bullshyt, the zealots start labelling posters with all kinds of derogatory comments and insinuations about employment status and mental health etc.

Everybody sane (I include myself in that) 'welcomed' the decision to open up. BUT it was based on the government not ignoring the data or the advice.

When SF welcomed the easing of restrictions, did they not know of Tony's advice? Why didn't they change their tune afterwards if that was the case?

This video was recorded the same day as the article below.

https://www.facebook.com/sinnfein/videos/236387647821585/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40090388.html%3ftype=amp

When SF welcomed the easing of restrictions, did they not know of Tony's advice? Why didn't they change their tune afterwards if that was the case?

This video was recorded the same day as the article below.

https://www.facebook.com/sinnfein/videos/236387647821585/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40090388.html%3ftype=amp

Alan Kelly asked to see the data in the Dáil so I presume they hadn't access.

If the opposition messed up then the opposition stand indicted too christy.

This is the thread about the government, who have the 'responsibility'...the buck stops here etc etc etc.

It's lovely and cute and endearing, that one after another the FG cohort try to divert it, but it isn't going to mash any turnips to be honest.

Alan Kelly asked to see the data in the Dáil so I presume they hadn't access.

But the article i linked to was as clear as the nose on my face that advice was being ignored. How does that tally with what you said in your previous post?

But the article i linked to was as clear as the nose on my face that advice was being ignored. How does that tally with what you said in your previous post?

If the opposition have a case to answer then so be it.

Personally I welcomed the opening up.

I and the opposition are not 'in government' though. You really need to grasp the levels of accountability here.

Maybe if you stopped sulking about it and believing that the government are being blamed for 'all' of the issues, that would be a start. You do, after all, mightily contend that you chose this government as the 'best of a bad lot'.

Would be nice to see you accept that they messed this up completely from a leadership/governance point of view and people are dying as a result.

• Advertisement

If the opposition have a case to answer then so be it.

Personally I welcomed the opening up.

I and the opposition are not 'in government' though. You really need to grasp the levels of accountability here.

Maybe if you stopped sulking about it and believing that the government are being blamed for 'all' of the issues, that would be a start. You do, after all, mightily contend that you chose this government as the 'best of a bad lot'.

Would be nice to see you accept that they messed this up completely from a leadership/governance point of view and people are dying as a result.

Complete and utter dung. I am fully aware of accountability, I simply questioned something you clearly pulled out of your backside.

The rest of your post isn't worth responding to, typical sh1te when caught spoofing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement