Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    Its ridiculous. This government has no credibility.

Probably leaked intentional knowing the controversy of a leak would help distract from the contents and Covid catastrophe. Disgusting news management. All at the expense of victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Wesekn.

smurgen wrote: »
    Probably leaked intentional knowing the controversy of a leak would help distract from the contents and Covid catastrophe. Disgusting news management. All at the expense of victims.

And the independent then monetises the story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bowie wrote: »
    Its ridiculous. This government has no credibility.

They never had, so many villages missing their idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Wesekn. wrote: »

More leaks in this govt than in the Lusitania. You only have to go on Twitter anytime there is a Cabinet meeting to know what's gonna come out. Then again, con#idering all govt parties hired media goons as advisors is anyone surprised by this?

Independent is FG press office ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

golfball37 wrote: »
    Minister O Gorman is irate that someone leaked the mother and baby home report to the media. The leak could only have come from cabinet ultimately.

How did he vote on the confidence motion about a current member leaking confidential information again?

He is indeed furious. As a person with an interest in the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes I got this email today;
    I am writing to you in light of coverage today of the Final Report of the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes, which is to be published on Tuesday.

It was always my intention that survivors should be the first to hear of the main conclusions of the Commission’s Report, and the actions the Government plan to take on foot of it. My Department has worked hard to maintain the confidentiality of the Report prior to publication, and to arrange for the first public airing of its contents to be with survivors in the online forum being hosted by the Taoiseach and myself on Tuesday, following the Cabinet meeting.

I was deeply angered to see details of the reported leaked in a newspaper this morning. I am very sorry that many of you have found out elements of the Report in this way. It is not acceptable.

My Department will be engaging colleagues across Government to ensure that no further information becomes public until the official publication on Tuesday.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    More leaks in this govt than in the Lusitania. You only have to go on Twitter anytime there is a Cabinet meeting to know what's gonna come out. Then again, con#idering all govt parties hired media goons as advisors is anyone surprised by this?

I'd be guessing the guy from the Sun couldn't hold his water, be thankful he didnt run with a Josepha centrefold

Independent is FG press office ,

You can say that again. Not one article in the paper investigating how Covid has gotten out of control in the recent wave yet brian stanley twitter posts got column at all after column for months. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    You can say that again. Not one article in the paper investigating how Covid has gotten out of control in the recent wave yet brian stanley twitter posts got column at all after column for months. Insane.

Yeah, I must say I have also been disappointed with the lack of investigation on Covid, on how the sh!tstorm up North has increased the figures down South. Some real investigation of why the numbers here are better than the North and better than the UK is needed. If it wasn't for Britain and Northern Ireland, could we be doing much better?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yeah, I must say I have also been disappointed with the lack of investigation on Covid, on how the sh!tstorm up North has increased the figures down South. Some real investigation of why the numbers here are better than the North and better than the UK is needed. If it wasn't for Britain and Northern Ireland, could we be doing much better?

How is northern ireland responsible for 840 approx cases in waterford in the last 2 days

Ardkeen and wexford general ICUs are effectively full and both are in top 5 counties today for positive tests and at beginning of a massive surge...how is northern ireland responsible for this??

Tramore,co waterford is estimated to have 1 in 20 people infected last week,how is NI responsible.for this???

Seems obvious to.me,government ignored the nephet advice start of december and its gone to sh1t....

Im old enough to remember varadkar and claire byrne laughing off the nephet advice on prime time TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

FFG in power down here Blanch. Not the Shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My team....better than your team

• Registered Users Posts: 69,257 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

How is northern ireland responsible for 840 approx cases in waterford in the last 2 days

Ardkeen and wexford general ICUs are effectively full and both are in top 5 counties today for positive tests and at beginning of a massive surge...how is northern ireland responsible for this??

Tramore,co waterford is estimated to have 1 in 20 people infected last week,how is NI responsible.for this???

Seems obvious to.me,government ignored the nephet advice start of december and its gone to sh1t....

Im old enough to remember varadkar and claire byrne laughing off the nephet advice on prime time TV

Whenever you see blanch, maryanne, Brendi christy etc desperately trying to divert to the Shinners or the people, you can be sure they know FG FF and the Greens are guilty of messing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Whenever you see blanch, maryanne, Brendi christy etc desperately trying to divert to the Shinners or the people, you can be sure they know FG FF and the Greens are guilty of messing up.

I'll happily challenge your stupidity and waffle, regardless of what anyone else has done.

christy c wrote: »
    I'll happily challenge your stupidity and waffle, regardless of what anyone else has done.

You will happily defend the government christy, which is fine, as you voted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yawn!!!

Same old tired rhetoric from you that is just false.

The facts are that down here, we, as a people, with our government, have handled the pandemic better than the people in the UK, either in Britain or in the North, and that their mishandling has hindered our situation.

I know it doesn't support the tired rhetoric of your anti-FFG hysterics, but nevertheless, them's the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

You will happily defend the government christy, which is fine, as you voted for them.

Yes, happily defend them also on certain matters. If that also means challenging your rubbish then that is a bonus.

Might have something to do with inconsiderate people flying in to Norn iron and getting trains south for Christmas. And numerous people spending Christmas in Tramore, self catering or otherwise.

Might have something to do with inconsiderate people flying in to Norn iron and getting trains south for Christmas. And numerous people spending Christmas in Tramore, self catering or otherwise.

Was there a word from FF or FG supporting SF's call for closing Belfast International?
    Any traffic stopped on the M1?

What happened that 54,000 people came through Dublin airport? I suppose that was the the pilot's fault?

Was there a word from FF or FG supporting SF's call for closing Belfast International?
    Any traffic stopped on the M1?

What happened that 54,000 people came through Dublin airport? I suppose that was the the pilot's fault?

Unfortunately, airports cannot be fully closed. Though, Ryanair have cut back, cut back and cut back. People who found themselves stuck abroad have to be brought home. Unfortunately, some abused this facility. As usual, some refuse to exercise personal responsibility.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, airports cannot be fully closed. Though, Ryanair have cut back, cut back and cut back. People who found themselves stuck abroad have to be brought home. Unfortunately, some abused this facility. As usual, some refuse to exercise personal responsibility.

How about the two week isolation at a facility recommend back in may that was ignored recommend in November also. In a designated facility.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/expert-team-advised-forced-self-isolation-for-all-travelling-into-ireland-1.4257281

Shouldn't those who abused the facility be charged appropriately , say a grand and no passport for ten years? Lot of this sh#t is fairly straightforward you breach the 5k rule you arent insured so bye bye licence, without proper punishments there wont be compliance,
    CAB, Revenue should have turned Keelings upside down last April, that would have stopped the shebeens and the housparties ,shown no matter how big you think you are you have to toe the line

54,000 people got in by airport alone. And no fault on the people responsible for monitoring and policing this?

Just shocking defensiveness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I see the FG spin machine is in full swing....
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/it-needed-to-be-said-public-praise-for-varadkar-s-criticism-of-nphet-1.4454683
    Tánaiste Leo Varadkar’s criticism of the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) on RTÉ’s Claire Byrne Live programme in October was supported by most people who wrote to him over his remarks.

Newly disclosed emails from the public show the vast majority of people who felt compelled to write to the Tánaiste about his remarks backed him after a television appearance that showed, for the first time, very public division between the Government and its public health advisers.

Wtf is that even about if it's true?

Ridiculous article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Wtf is that even about if it's true?

Ridiculous article

It's deflection. It was the wrong decision no matter how they spin it!

It's deflection. It was the wrong decision no matter how they spin it!

Agree

He should never have publicly criticized him

More deflection since blaming new strains and they'll move onto more deflection during the vaccine rollout

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

I'd rather see an investigation in to the closing of some test centres over christmas and the mysterious 9,000 cases which suddenly appeared - you'd nearly think they were deliberately reporting low numbers before christmas to justify opening up shops and hospitality not to mention no testing or tracking of passengers entering through Dublin airport but yeah it's the norths fault.....

Then we have the tinfoil hat brigade trying to have another anti lockdown convoy from Dublin to Belfast yesterday but the PSNI stopped them at Cloughoge roundabout in Newry before sending them back over the border. The PSNI contacted the Gardai who then took them off the motorway at Majors Hollow just north of Dundalk.

This is the 2nd week in a row these fools were able to drive the whole way from Dublin to the border without being stopped even though they posted on social media what they were doing but yeah it's the norths fault......

Deflection won't work this time. All this started back when Leo undermined NPHET on TV - people started to question what they were telling us but we know now NPHET were right and Leo was wrong, but yeah it's the norths fault......

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭kerry_man15

So because 55 people in the whole of Ireland wrote to him supporting what he said this makes it ok? What a joke!
    Varadkar was completely out of line and the govt ignored the advice and its been shown that Nphet were right regarding numbers and the situation escalating rapidly and getting out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

grayzer75 wrote: »
    I'd rather see an investigation in to the closing of some test centres over christmas and the mysterious 9,000 cases which suddenly appeared - you'd nearly think they were deliberately reporting low numbers before christmas to justify opening up shops and hospitality not to mention no testing or tracking of passengers entering through Dublin airport but yeah it's the norths fault.....

Then we have the tinfoil hat brigade trying to have another anti lockdown convoy from Dublin to Belfast yesterday but the PSNI stopped them at Cloughoge roundabout in Newry before sending them back over the border. The PSNI contacted the Gardai who then took them off the motorway at Majors Hollow just north of Dundalk.

This is the 2nd week in a row these fools were able to drive the whole way from Dublin to the border without being stopped even though they posted on social media what they were doing but yeah it's the norths fault......

Deflection won't work this time. All this started back when Leo undermined NPHET on TV - people started to question what they were telling us but we know now they were right and Leo was wrong......

Don’t forget the safe schools.

- Forcing schools to open when principles thought it unsafe due to case numbers.
    - not testing class mates or teachers with the same criteria as the general public.
    - many many more issues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement