Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Aaannndddd..... What about the people’s part in this? Wait for the government to stand beside each one of us and tell us when to wear a mask, wash/sanitise our hands, avoid unnecessary contact with others outside our households? People have to start copping on.

More or less the government are, every road has signs, every tv/radio station has adverts, its in the papers, walk around any sort of public area and signs/reminders. Go to shops and signs/reminders. Facebook/twitter/social media is awash with politicans sharing information in local community groups. Why do we need someone to tell us its a 1-5? are people incapable of understanding what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They should have taken the advice they got a wet week ago. Here we are spending another Sunday knowing they will tighten the restrictions yet again. I.E. The decision to ignore the advice was clearly wrong...the predictions of NPHET are coming true.

They are asking us to heed advice when they arrogantly can't take it themselves...we'll get a weak 4.899999.5 level on Monday because no doubt Leo will spend Monday insisting nobody says '5'. Joke level stuff.

The eagerness of some on here to shut the whole country down, kill jobs, kill livelihoods, adversely affect mental health absolutely astounds me.

The government is right to take time to consider this carefully. Mistakes have been made by being hasty, but mistakes have also been made by delaying.

Nowhere else in Europe are we seeing lockdowns like the ones you are calling for. Instead we see some sensible measures - curfews in France prevent late-night parties with drink, an idea worth considering - and stupid measures as well - closing schools in the North. We need to learn from these experiences.

Kowerski wrote: »
    More or less the government are, every road has signs, every tv/radio station has adverts, its in the papers, walk around any sort of public area and signs/reminders. Go to shops and signs/reminders. Facebook/twitter/social media is awash with politicans sharing information in local community groups. Why do we need someone to tell us its a 1-5? are people incapable of understanding what is going on?

Some seem to be incapable, as someone else said, they want the government to wipe their arse for them.

Seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Fine Gael 31 (+1)
    Sinn Fein 30 (-2)
    Fianna Fail 19 (nc)
    Greens 5 (nc)
    Labour 4 (+1)
    Independents/others 10 (-1)

any reason it adds up to 99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    The eagerness of some on here to shut the whole country down, kill jobs, kill livelihoods, adversely affect mental health absolutely astounds me.

The government is right to take time to consider this carefully. Mistakes have been made by being hasty, but mistakes have also been made by delaying.

Nowhere else in Europe are we seeing lockdowns like the ones you are calling for. Instead we see some sensible measures - curfews in France prevent late-night parties with drink, an idea worth considering - and stupid measures as well - closing schools in the North. We need to learn from these experiences.

Then sack the experts.

They've clearly made a mistake as they are forced into upping the level before any effect can be seen of their ignoring the last advice and deciding they knew better.

Some seem to be incapable, as someone else said, they want the government to wipe their arse for them.

Watching The Chase this evening and there was a brilliant expression used regarding buttwiping.....”Wax on, wax off”. It made me laugh anyway!

School should NOT be closed. Schools are not spreading the virus and the affect on children by closing them is huge. Children should not suffer because of the stupidity of adults

votecounts wrote: »
    any reason it adds up to 99

Rounding. Up or down.

Then sack the experts.

They've clearly made a mistake as they are forced into upping the level before any effect can be seen of their ignoring the last advice and deciding they knew better.

Public health experts are only one factor in decision-making. Other experts - in mental health, in sociology and economics - also have a role to play now that we know more about the virus than we did in March.

• Advertisement

School should NOT be closed. Schools are not spreading the virus and the affect on children by closing them is huge. Children should not suffer because of the stupidity of adults

Absolutely 100% agree with this. Nobody on here has been able to explain why schools should be closed, it seems they are following some populist line purveyed by a politician they follow.

Public health experts are only one factor in decision-making. Other experts - in mental health, in sociology and economics - also have a role to play now that we know more about the virus than we did in March.

So the advice those experts gave a week ago will be ignored on Monday.

We can keep this up until the cows return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Absolutely 100% agree with this. Nobody on here has been able to explain why schools should be closed, it seems they are following some populist line purveyed by a politician they follow.

Not arguing, just an example perhaps.
    Girl in local secondary school tested positive on Monday, 6 girls in same class have tested positive since.
    2 girls who work weekend where my Mrs works got alerted in the middle of today that they were named close contacts of one of those girls who got her test results yesterday.
    They've had to go home immediately and wait to see if they need to be tested or just isolate.
    Meanwhile 6 women including my Mrs and 2 men have now to wait to see what happens to them if either of those two test positive.
    Jury out with regard whether schools spread it or not with mé.

Girl in local secondary school tested positive on Monday, 6 girls in same class have tested positive since.
    2 girls who work weekend where my Mrs works got alerted in the middle of today that they were named close contacts of one of those girls who got her test results yesterday.
    They've had to go home immediately and wait to see if they need to be tested or just isolate.
    Meanwhile 6 women including my Mrs and 2 men have now to wait to see what happens to them if either of those two test positive.

If the schools did spread it to you not think at this stage the place would be crippled? They are back now nearly 8 weeks. Some places have been hit but it’s minimal and if you trace it back I bed it is outside the school

If the schools did spread it to you not think at this stage the place would be crippled? They are back now nearly 8 weeks. Some places have been hit but it’s minimal and if you trace it back I bed it is outside the school
    May well be yes, not arguing as I said.
    But if it comes out now that one or both of those girls test positive and, some of my Mrs work place which is essential retail I'd be interested as to where responsibility for that outbreak would be put down as, given there's been none in it so far, but there would be a lot of other outside contact as well.
    It can be easy to apportion blame and indeed the students involved would have some contact ré sports and probably social as well.

Jury out in that case, but in general it doesn't spread in schools.

So the advice those experts gave a week ago will be ignored on Monday.

We can keep this up until the cows return.

What? What did the experts on economics say that is being ignored?

If the experts were being routinely ignored for bad reasons, we would have the worst infection rate in Europe. We don't.

Our infection rate would be much less if it wasn't for the idiots in power in the North who are incapable of a coherent decision.

If the experts were being routinely ignored for bad reasons, we would have the worst infection rate in Europe. We don't.

Our infection rate would be much less if it wasn't for the idiots in power in the North who are incapable of a coherent decision.

So, ignoring the expert advice a few days ago and now having to up the levels again is 'coherent'?

Not even Leo could spin that bull. They're all over the shop and you know it.

So, ignoring the expert advice a few days ago and now having to up the levels again is 'coherent'?

Not even Leo could spin that bull. They're all over the shop and you know it.

Who isn't Tbf.
    Too many soothsayers sitting back with nothing to do but comment on what they should do.
    Lives and livelihoods are going to be destroyed by further restrictions also.
    I wish them luck because there is a growing movement against further restrictions now too.
    Xmas is coming and the pup isn't going to bring cheer to a lot of households.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And that’s the truth, Blanch, all that lot do both north and south is to ‘call’ for more money and try to bleed anyone with an ounce of entrepreneurship dry.

God help us all if that bunch get into power down here.

• Advertisement

Jury out in that case, but in general it doesn't spread in schools.

I can't read this because of the paywall, but I see schools mentioned.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/coronavirus-outbreaks-linked-to-gaa-communions-and-schools-all-part-of-mid-wests-rising-caseload-39637158.html

Who isn't Tbf.
    Too many soothsayers sitting back with nothing to do but comment on what they should do.
    Lives and livelihoods are going to be destroyed by further restrictions also.
    I wish them luck because there is a growing movement against further restrictions now too.
    Xmas is coming and the pup isn't going to bring cheer to a lot of households.

A national government because this crowd havent the balls and are more interested in political oneupmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

And that’s the truth, Blanch, all that lot do both north and south is to ‘call’ for more money and try to bleed anyone with an ounce of entrepreneurship dry.

God help us all if that bunch get into power down here.

Could be much worse Brendy. Lots of people killed in the nursing homes already and the magic money tree bare enough at this stage. And all for very little it seems as we're back to square one. All those sacrifices and no infrastructure put in place. The definition of failure.

https://twitter.com/Taiwo_Oifigiuil/status/1313417681639477248?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

All the buck- leppin’ up in Caaaavan had nothing to do with it I suppose.

No doubt big Pearse will be first up to ‘call’ for more cash .

Same in Moycullen, nobody saw anything, responsibility- very little- likewise distancing and masks.

Lookit....... time we took responsibility for ourselves, dude, now there’s an unusual concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Tweets like that annoy me because 1000's are not taking personal responsibility at all
    Without personal responsibility which is easy (how difficult is distancing and washing hands when near the general public?), then you could have Fr Peter McVerry as Taoiseach with professor mcConkey min of health and we would still be ****ed

At the rate we are going,field hospitals will have to be set up

Same in Moycullen, nobody saw anything, responsibility- very little- likewise distancing and masks.

Lookit....... time we took responsibility for ourselves, dude, now there’s an unusual concept.

Sure wasn't the golf pissup mighty too Brendy. FF and FG had a lovely evening for themselves. Here's hoping none of the staff picked up anything nasty from the three FF senators or the three FG senators in attendance.

They are pumping 'cash' into it Brendi, have you not noticed and giving feel good budgets yet here we are.. going up another level we were advised to go further than a week ago.
    SF btw are calling for the 'cash' to go out fairly to those most in need of it.

Off to buy the papers now. Can't wait to see what aul Leo told his favorite journalists. By all reports he'd to leave early.no doubt he'd lots of folks to contact.Big news day.

https://twitter.com/IanChopperLowry/status/1317561132048146432?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It says 20 schools in the Midwest have kids out with it
    I know of one school with most of the senior kids out either positive or awaiting tests

Saying that c19 does not spread in schools is fast being shown up as rubbish

• Advertisement

A national government because this crowd havent the balls and are more interested in political oneupmanship.

Ah the old lemons are leaving a bitterer and bitterer taste as time goes by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement