Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Holly Cairns destroying FG Colm Walsh? on Tonight show. He's floundering around in waffle on the M&B issue

Colm Burke.

She mauled him. He has no answers.

He is an old school waffler. Answers nothing, just states the obvious.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,288 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Stephen Donnelly has joined FG?
    To be fair, you could be forgiven about thinking that about him or Jack Chambers.
    But it was no accident that it was that hospital with an FF minister.
    Now we must be convinced once and for all that FG aren't doing any hoop jumping for Denis, FF would also be guilty.. :rolleyes: it was all just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Well done to the healthcare frontliners.

I guess your post below aged well, didn't it?
    So there's delays in vaccinating because of 'a number of reasons'. We know the main one they mention is 'consent'. This involves the patient or their ward signing a form consenting to taking the vaccine. Ireland seems to be the only country citing this as a block to quicker roll out.
    My question is from March of last year didn't they know at some point, the hope was to roll out a vaccine? Couldn't we have started this prior to vaccine approval? On that note, did they wake up one day very recently and turn on their Netscape/Windows 95 system and realise it wasn't fit for purpose?

'Piss up in a brewery' comes to mind.

Credibility in short supply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Important use of your time?
    Can you tell me which frontline workers make policy or organise the logistics of importing and purchasing the vaccines or organising the red tape required before vaccines can be used? If you can, I was talking about them.
    Alternatively if you can point to any policy makers who are risking their own health to ensure we get people vaccinated I'll praise them too.

That's grand Bowie. I just wanted to clarify that:

Vaccine rollout apparently going badly: all Government fault (piss up in a brewery)
    Vaccine rollout apparently going well: Nothing to do with Government.

As long as we are all on the same page in regards to your viewpoint.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

Vaccine rollout apparently going badly: all Government fault (piss up in a brewery)

Close but no cigar bubba.

You going to show how the frontline worker source and secure vaccinations?

No?

**White noise so**

blanch152 wrote: »
    I guess your post below aged well, didn't it?

Credibility in short supply.

Seriously? You two cannot work out the differences between the responsibilities of front line workers and department and government responsibilities?

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Seriously? You two cannot work out the differences between the responsibilities of front line workers and department and government responsibilities?

Wow.

Just curious as to how government take all responsibility if things apparently aren't going well and none of the responsibility when it is. Seems to be a common viewpoint around here.

Not expecting to change anyones minds, just find it quite amusing :)

"Wow" indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Arlene Foster and Michelle O'Neill jointly wrote to the Irish government and asked for a north / south ministerial council meeting back in July to address the potential issues around travel into the country if there was another surge in cases but Mehole and the Leak didn't bother responding. It was on both the UTV and BBC news programmes at tea-time yesterday.

They also said they have been asking for information sharing regarding passengers arriving into the country and made reference to the passenger locator forms which no doubt nobody looks at, again they have got no response from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Arlene Foster and Michelle O'Neill jointly wrote to the Irish government and asked for a north / south ministerial council meeting back in July to address the potential issues around travel into the country if there was another surge in cases but Mehole and the Leak didn't bother responding. It was on both the UTV and BBC news programmes at tea-time yesterday.

They also said they have been asking for information sharing regarding passengers arriving into the country and made reference to the passenger locator forms which no doubt nobody looks at, again they have got no response from Dublin.

Don't ya know government only share that with Department of Social Protection . It's more important to catch welfare cheats than to keep the health of the nation safe.

Just curious as to how government take all responsibility if things apparently aren't going well and none of the responsibility when it is. Seems to be a common viewpoint around here.

Not expecting to change anyones minds, just find it quite amusing :)

"Wow" indeed :)

Nobody I know is making the government take ALL the responsibility. On a government thread their failures and competencies are being pointed out/discussed.

What is amusing is how upset some people seem to get about that concept.

Not sure why you keep making this point - we have had that kind of behaviour since the beginning, sometimes by government ministers and TD's themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Nobody I know is making the government take ALL the responsibility. On a government thread their failures and competencies are being pointed out/discussed.

What is amusing is how upset some people seem to get about that concept.

I think everyone on this thread would admit that it's been very entertaining since June 2020 :)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

How would the govt be responsible for gobshytes breaking the restrictions now, when they weren't responsible for actual govt members breaking them when they headed off to Clifden for their Golfgate kicks can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

It's actually hilarious.

As I said yesterday, they don't care for the good of the country, all about politics.

Would rather see a slow rollout of the vaccine so they can have a dig at the government.

This is the politics of the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

grayzer75 wrote: »

But I thought it was all the North’s fault? The reason why we couldn’t have any control at the airports is because the North refused to cooperate and everyone would fly in via Belfast and just cross the border!!!

Day by day the absolute insanity of the Irish government’s position on international travel is becoming more and more apparent.

McMurphy wrote: »
    How would the govt be responsible for gobshytes breaking the restrictions now, when they weren't responsible for actual govt members breaking them when they headed off to Clifden for their Golfgate kicks can I ask?

Indeed. It all comes down to personal responsibility across all (5K) walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Indeed. It all comes down to personal responsibility across all (5K) walks of life.

Unfortunately a lot of these people believe the whole vaccine / 5G / Bill Gates conspiracy sh*te and the rest just don't give a toss about anybody but themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It's actually hilarious.

As I said yesterday, they don't care for the good of the country, all about politics.

Would rather see a slow rollout of the vaccine so they can have a dig at the government.

This is the politics of the opposition.

It's not politics is government incompetence and there seems to be an abundance of it going around. It seem we paid world class salaries and still got bad performance. So salaries should be slashed imo.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1350033588104912897?s=19

Yes and those in government have personal responsibility too...to do their jobs competently and efficiently.

That's what this thread is for, observation and accountability of THE GOVERNMENT, mindful that everyone has a share of the responsibility.

I reckon the fact the gobshytes are breaking the 5km restrictions that had to be reintroduced following the government choosing to ignore NPHET is well beyond you tbh.

Yes and those in government have personal responsibility too...to do their jobs competently and efficiently.

That's what this thread is for, observation and accountability of THE GOVERNMENT, mindful that everyone has a share of the responsibility.

Gee, there was me thinking that it’s a thread to slate everything that the current government does! They even get the blame for stuff that happened before some of them were actually born!
    I was surprised to hear that the champion of the underprivileged, Paul Murphy, went out to a restaurant over Christmas.

Gee, there was me thinking that it’s a thread to slate everything that the current government does! They even get the blame for stuff that happened before some of them were actually born!
    I was surprised to hear that the champion of the underprivileged, Paul Murphy, went out to a restaurant over Christmas.

Relevance?

Did he break restrictions in some way, or is this just more radom white noise scutter?

Relevance?

Did he break restrictions in some way, or is this just more radom white noise scutter?

Just pointing out his lack of personal responsibility. He shouts about everything he believes that the government does wrong, (like some posters on here) yet behaves so irresponsibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Just pointing out his lack of personal responsibility. He shouts about everything he believes that the government does wrong, (like some posters on here) yet behaves so irresponsibly.

Irresponsibly? What guidelines did he break?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    It's not politics is government incompetence and there seems to be an abundance of it going around. It seem we paid world class salaries and still got bad performance. So salaries should be slashed imo.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1350033588104912897?s=19

So we are second fastest in rolling out the vaccine, so something something government's fault?

Is that how this works?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Relevance?

I'm not here to speak of the relevance, but let's get one thing clear about PM, he's an absolute hypocrite. He's out in all media the last 10 days or more moaning about the Government relaxing restrictions over Christmas, saying it was the worst idea ever when he won't even take personal responsibility to not take full advantage of those relaxations.

It's like if the purge was brought in and PM went out and murdered killed (forgot the plot of The Purge there for a sec) someone during the purge, then less than a fortnight later was jumping up and down being like "I can't believe all the people that were murdered during the purge. The Government is totally responsible for all of this!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

blanch152 wrote: »
    So we are second fastest in rolling out the vaccine, so something something government's fault?

Is that how this works?

Covid thread has story of vaccine being administered to management of private hospital rather than care staff this is a bad look, suspicion that cronies are getting vaccinated ahead of those more deserving,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement