Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I understood you to be taking about the party poll Francie, where the party support is pretty much static across the board, my apologies. I still stand by my point that a description of "devastating" is dramatic to the extreme. I appreciate that everything seems to be dramatic on here though for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I understood you to he taking about the party poll Francie, where the party support is pretty much static across the board, my apologies. I still stand by my point that a description of "devastating" is dramatic to the extreme. I appreciate that everything seems to be dramatic on here though for some reason.

That's not on here.

smurgen wrote: »
    That's not on here.

Are you saying the party poll isn't on here? There you go

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1350604420585762816?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Are you saying the party poll isn't on here? There you go

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1350604420585762816?s=19

It was the dramatic part.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I understood you to be taking about the party poll Francie, where the party support is pretty much static across the board, my apologies. I still stand by my point that a description of "devastating" is dramatic to the extreme. I appreciate that everything seems to be dramatic on here though for some reason.

I was talking about the 'government'. It's devastating for them based on the public perception of their decisions conveyed in the poll findings I posted, if you can take your eyes of the glitzy star for a mo that is.

• Advertisement

I was talking about the 'government'. It's devastating for them based on the public perception of their decisions conveyed in the poll findings I posted, if you can take your eyes of the glitzy star for a mo that is.

Support for all parties is pretty much static in the party poll (all within MoE), so it doesn't look like any of that has changed voting patterns in the population. Which might be of a concern to opposition parties as it potentially implies that the people polled don't believe other parties would have done any better, or at least not good enough to alter their voting plans currently. I highly doubt the government parties will see that as "devasting", given their support hasn't dipped.

Not sure who you are referring to as the glitzy star, I don't get into that kind of buzz stuff and just stick to facts, personally.

Support for all parties is pretty much static in the party poll (all within MoE), so it doesn't look like any of that has changed voting patterns in the population. Which might be of a concern to opposition parties as it potentially implies that the people polled don't believe other parties would have done any better, or at least not good enough to alter their voting plans currently. I highly doubt the government parties will see that as "devasting", given their support hasn't dipped.

Not sure who you are referring to as the glitzy star, I don't get into that kind of buzz stuff and just stick to facts, personally.

Avoid dealing with the 'government' as much as you want.

The 'glitzy' star you came on to trumpet about is Varadkar. Currently almost neck and neck with Mary Lou...i.e. back down to earth with a bang, precisely where I said he would lead himself and his party from the high they were on.

The 'glitzy' star you came on to trumpet about is Varadkar. Currently almost neck and neck with Mary Lou...i.e. back down to earth with a bang, precisely where I said he would lead himself and his party from the high they were on.

I'm not sure what you are taking about, I am referring to the support of the government coalition parties, not sure why you think that is avoiding the government. The government is those parties.

I think you are just reading what you want to read to be honest, as usual. I get you must be a bit devastated to still find Varadkar with the highest approval rating in the country, as we are all aware of your disdain for him from your posts on here, but that doesn't mean you need to behave like this. You can have honest debate Francie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

FG are the biggest winners since the GE according to that poll. If varadkar is now neck and neck with Mary Lou then that’s an improvement.

The public feel the government is performing above average on vaccine rollout. They feel the the easing of restriction before Christmas was the wrong decision, Martin said as much on Virgin Media News yesterday. It was the wrong decision, that doesn’t mean the public will apportion blame on the government for making it. The poll saying that the easing of restrictions at Christmas isn’t worth the current lockdown has me a bit surprised that the margin is that big but maybe it is. In my opinion I think people answered on the basis that the current case and hospital numbers aren’t worth the normal Christmas but I don’t know for sure.

The main negative for the government is the lack of confidence in handling the pandemic overall. Interestingly there wasn’t a poll here on whether they had more or less confidence in the opposition parties to handle it any better. That’s the real question.

I'm not sure what you are taking about, I am referring to the support of the government coalition parties, not sure why you think that is avoiding the government. The government is those parties.

I think you are just reading what you want to read to be honest, as usual. I get you must be a bit devastated to still find Varadkar with the highest approval rating in the country, as we are all aware of your disdain for him from your posts on here, but that doesn't mean you need to behave like this. You can have honest debate Francie.

51% do NOT have confidence in the government's ability to tackle the pandemic, only 38% do...absorb Bubba. 51%? Devastating for any government and we know why.
    Night night.

• Advertisement

51% do NOT have confidence in the government's ability to tackle the pandemic, only 38% do...absorb Bubba. 51%? Devastating for any government and we know why.
    Night night.

That's your response? No wonder you are going to bed. Nighty night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Night night.

Does anybody have confidence in any govt getting on top of covid anywhere?
    The confidence we all have now is in the vaccines working hopefully.
    No govt can manage covid without massive restrictions.
    The poll figures though don't give any solace to us getting anything other than the same type of govt that we have so the opposition don't appear to be the trusted alternative either.
    Surprising that FG are holding firm despite being the hate target of the opposition, so that message is failing it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Lol, this is so funny. Desperation stakes as it becomes clear that not a single party will touch Sinn Fein for the next decade or more.

I'm glad you found what was obvious light humour as funny, only you didn't get the sarcasm blanch.

Even when it was staring you in the face.
    Fine Fail

Here's a tip I'll give you for free blanch. Stay off the internet in the witching hour. ;)

Id say the oz and nz population would have confidemce in their governments in getting on top of covid

The uk government have finally introduced forced quaratined,we should follow suit on an all ireland basis.....there no excuse exisits anymore for not doing so

The 3 government parties presently holding at 46% are not going to be in a position to reform a coaltion on those figures,greens are surely facing another wipeout,with no immediate coalition parther....its looking like ffg are facing same issue unionists in the north did,time has run out on their perpetual dominence

Are NZ and Oz vaccinating or are they confident they can keep it out without it?
    Economically no country can keep up the restrictive measures indefinitely.

I assume they are vaccinating,every country should (i feel it fall upon the west/UN to assist fund vaccination in poorer countries aswell)

Econmically these countries (oz/nz)are effectively back to normal,tourism affected badly but with vaccines will return,but its same for every country

Melbourne was on track for one of worst outbreaks in the world at one stage,entire continent of oz had 19 new cases yesterday.....while we are now over 3000 cases a day with ages

Ah I know, it's bad yes and the govt shook on it pre Xmas and that didn't help the situation, worsened it in fact, but broadly this is people, driven.
    People are still breaking restrictions wholesale and the Gardai can't be everywhere.

That's your response? No wonder you are going to bed. Nighty night.

Yes, that is my response to you trying to deflect from what I said, which was the poll was devastating for the 'government'.

All the below where 'government' decisions and have been repudiated by the public,

Q. Do you believe that the Government was right to reopen indoor dining in December?

No: 68.3%
    Yes: 26.7%
    Unsure: 5.0%

Q. Was celebrating a traditional family Christmas worth this additional period of lockdown?

No: 67% (+15)
    Yes: 24% (-16)
    Undecided: 9% (+1)

Q. How would you rate the management of the roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine?

Average: 32.0%
    Poor: 25.6%
    Good: 20.1%
    Very Poor: 16.0%
    Very Good: 6.3%

I actually contributed to that poll yesterday.

Haven't studied the results in great detail, but I must admit there was about 15-20 questions on who should be getting the vaccine first, and a multiple choice option which I'm sure I'm not the only one found a bit difficult to try and prioritise.

Also, I found it odd that the Kevin Spacey question came up, it didn't mention MLMD by name, but still found it odd, I was disappointed that "are you fcuking kidding me with such a bullshyt loaded question" wasn't among the multiple choice answers tbh.

IMG-20210117-102942.jpg

Yes, that is my response to you trying to deflect from what I said, which was the poll was devastating for the 'government'.

All the below where 'government' decisions and have been repudiated by the public,

Q. Do you believe that the Government was right to reopen indoor dining in December?

No: 68.3%
    Yes: 26.7%
    Unsure: 5.0%

Q. Was celebrating a traditional family Christmas worth this additional period of lockdown?

No: 67% (+15)
    Yes: 24% (-16)
    Undecided: 9% (+1)

Q. How would you rate the management of the roll-out of the Covid-19 vaccine?

Average: 32.0%
    Poor: 25.6%
    Good: 20.1%
    Very Poor: 16.0%
    Very Good: 6.3%

All that is in hindsight.
    If that had been before Xmas and people were asked about them things opening up from lockdown I wonder what the answers would have been, we can only speculate on that.
    But the govt have admitted to that themselves.

If that had been before Xmas and people were asked about them things opening up from lockdown I wonder what the answers would have been, we can only speculate on that.

In Oct:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/most-people-want-more-not-fewer-restrictions-survey-shows-esri-expert-1.4372433

By admitted, are you referring to that interview where Leo (oh goddam, I mentioned the chosen ones name again:eek:) completely tried to rewrite history?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    By admitted, are you referring to that interview where Leo (oh goddam, I mentioned the chosen ones name again:eek:) completely tried to rewrite history?

I predicted way back when FG were soaring and Leo was on 45%? approval rating that he would lead them back to where they where at the election.

They should be interviewing me! :D

All though, it would be money for old rope, because anyone with an interest in politics knew it would happen.

Again that's before the last lockdown though and people wanted it to have a chance of a, better Xmas.
    I lost a few quid on the horses yesterday, in hindsight I'd have backed the winners.

Getting back to the actual poll figures, FG support holding, Who'd have thunk it?

Again that's before the last lockdown though and people wanted it to have a chance of a, better Xmas.
    I lost a few quid on the horses yesterday, in hindsight I'd have backed the winners.

Getting back to the actual poll figures, FG support holding, Who'd have thunk it?

https://twitter.com/thejournal_ie/status/1350747337841385473?s=19

Can you back that up in any way or is it just a feeling in your waters?

Regina putting the knife into the 'government's' apology.

Can you back that up in any way or is it just a feeling in your waters?

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1350604420585762816?s=20

Ok, that isn't disputed. (Why you guys insist on talking about FG to me, when I am discussing the government :confused: Revealing real agendas maybe?)

Can you back this bit up?

Ok, that isn't disputed. (Why you guys insist on talking about FG to me, when I am discussing the government :confused: Revealing real agendas maybe?)

Can you back this bit up?

No.
    You asked and I showed is all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Regina Doherty has just slammed the whitewash mother and baby report. She said it needs to be rejected and re-examined.
    FFG need to do the right thing now. The survivors that were brave enough to speak to the commission deserve to be believed. The report is a disgrace.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

No.
    You asked and I showed is all. :)

So, we'll stick with it being a feeling in your waters, so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement