Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,171 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah the old lemons are leaving a bitterer and bitterer taste as time goes by.

I don't care who gets us out of this BoH TBH, I was happy, and said it, with how the government handled this overall at the beginning.

But come on, even the staunchest party diehard can see it is a mess of dithering, incompetency and political game playing now.

A truly paralysed mismatched coalition government that has turned on the medical expertise and we are all paying the price.

Nobotty wrote: »
    It says 20 schools in the Midwest have kids out with it
    I know of one school with most of the senior kids out either positive or awaiting tests

Saying that c19 does not spread in schools is fast being shown up as rubbish

I wonder how many of those testing positive are actually ill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

smurgen wrote: »
    Off to buy the papers now. Can't wait to see what aul Leo told his favorite journalists. By all reports he'd to leave early.no doubt he'd lots of folks to contact.Big news day.

https://twitter.com/IanChopperLowry/status/1317561132048146432?s=19

Who is that pathetic to create and share this sort of sh*t on any politician? No politician from any party should have this cr*p shared

This is created by an adult and shared by other adults, a few people would really need to grow the f**k up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mattser

Kowerski wrote: »
    Who is that pathetic to create and share this sort of sh*t on any politician? No politician from any party should have this cr*p shared

This is created by an adult and shared by other adults, a few people would really need to grow the f**k up

Absolutely. Low level gutter stuff. Taken as amusing by those with no class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I don't care who gets us out of this BoH TBH, I was happy, and said it, with how the government handled this overall at the beginning.

But come on, even the staunchest party diehard can see it is a mess of dithering, incompetency and political game playing now.

A truly paralysed mismatched coalition government that has turned on the medical expertise and we are all paying the price.

Can't figure that one out Francie, genuinely.
    A national govt call then talking of a paralysed mismatch?
    There's no set way to deal with it bar public awareness and self control, simple as that.
    All restrictions do really is impose lawfully those self controls.
    Then when govt makes announcements about restrictions you get soothsayers, like yourself, say its not enough, the govt is incompetent so don't listen to them.
    You and indeed many others like you are the cause of a lot of the problem as much as any other.
    Encourage people to heed the advice given and indeed if they feel its not enough to follow nphets advice.
    If people heeded the advice given its enough, a national or any govt won't change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There's no set way to deal with it bar public awareness and self control, simple as that.
    Then when govt makes announcements about restrictions you get soothsayers, like yourself, say its not enough, the govt is incompetent so don't listen to them.
    You and indeed many others like you are the cause of a lot of the problem as much as any other.
    Encourage people to heed the advice given and indeed if they feel its not enough to follow nphets advice.
    If people heeded the advice given its enough, a national or any govt won't change that.

Leo Varadkar on the front of the Indo today not wearing a mask being driven away from Government buildings last night. It seems government can't follow their own advice so kind of seems like a big ask of the public don't you feel?

Sure there's political caricatures in every paper everyday of the week. You only seem sour when his Majesty is the subject. The thing is when you court attention in the fashion Leo does you need to take the good with the bad. Senior hurling etc etc.

Jesus, talk about shirking the responsibilities.

You cannot lead in this way. You have 'experts' whom the government positioned as the final word at the beginning and who excused their actions with ...'but we are ONLY following the expert advice' now giving advice repeatedly and the government is ignoring it.
    I accept that there is a cohort of people who will ignore all advice and personal responsibility as I accept that the majority will and have been doing their best.

The government's job is to create the environment where that cohort can do as little damage as possible and they are repeatedly dithering on that so that cohort grows because they think the threat is really not that serious...'it must be because our leaders clearly don't believe the 'expert advice'.

Plain as day to me that that is what is happening.

Sure there's political caricatures in every paper everyday of the week. You only seem sour when his Majesty is the subject. The thing is when you court attention in the fashion Leo does you need to take the good with the bad. Senior hurling etc etc.

“All politician” as per my post. I’m not a child who treats one politician different, they are doing a job at end of day. If you had a job would you like people sharing crap like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

“All politician” as per my post. I’m not a child who treats one politician different, they are doing a job at end of day. If you had a job would you like people sharing crap like this?

What are ya this time? Are you a he or a she?

et-04.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Useless unless they are the law and enforced
    They are the law in the North and GB and poorly enforced
    Its not just in Ireland either
    We had a French exchange student here last summer and Jesus you'd want to see his Instagram stories
    No social distancing AT ALL
    People so close you'd not put a cigarette paper between them

You could have Peter mcvery as Taoiseach and Sam mcConkey min for health and you'd still have the people problem, no matter what restrictions are in

Leo Varadkar on the front of the Indo today not wearing a mask being driven away from Government buildings last night. It seems government can't follow their own advice so kind of seems like a big ask of the public don't you feel?

If that's the case it's a stupid thing yes, haven seen the papers yet as haven't shopped.
    I'm not claiming the govt are perfect Smurgen, just saying that the advice is good enough if we follow it.
    I'd be the first to admit that if he isn't wearing a mask in a car with a driver that's a bad look and message.

McMurphy wrote: »

et-04.jpg

Sexuality seems a big problem to some?

Sexuality seems a big problem to some?

Na, I'm merely yanking the chain of blatant obvious banned users who've been reregistering to bypass their bans bish, which you knew dam well, but tried to infer I've a problem with sexualities, you old silver rascal, next up you'll be joining your bedfellows and rolling out racist accusations.

You're such a rascal so you are.

If that's the case it's a stupid thing yes, haven seen the papers yet as haven't shopped.
    I'm not claiming the govt are perfect Smurgen, just saying that the advice is good enough if we follow it.
    I'd be the first to admit that if he isn't wearing a mask in a car with a driver that's a bad look and message.

This is the pic on the front. If those setting the rules can't follow them why should we expect it of the public?

https://twitter.com/StoranPhoto/status/1317600372245102592?s=19

This is the pic on the front. If those setting the rules can't follow them why should we expect it of the public?

https://twitter.com/StoranPhoto/status/1317600372245102592?s=19

It all depends on who was driving him. I don’t wear a mask when in the car with my husband.

So you are an ex-mod around here seemingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Could be much worse Brendy. Lots of people killed in the nursing homes already and the magic money tree bare enough at this stage. And all for very little it seems as we're back to square one. All those sacrifices and no infrastructure put in place. The definition of failure.

https://twitter.com/Taiwo_Oifigiuil/status/1313417681639477248?s=19

Its really sad that the usual suspects are trying to ram their ‘end direct provision’ in with covid to get their way. They really need to stop politicising this virus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

A national government because this crowd havent the balls and are more interested in political oneupmanship.

What does this mean? Is it just another wheeze to get Sinn Fein in? You are complaining of political oneupmanship between two parties who dont really want to be in power together and your solution is to impose a third party who no-one wants anything to do with and who bring nothing but numb nationalism and populist nonsense to the table.

Truthvader wrote: »
    What does this mean? Is it just another wheeze to get Sinn Fein in? You are complaining of political oneupmanship between two parties who dont really want to be in power together and your solution is to impose a third party who no-one wants anything to do with and who bring nothing but numb nationalism and populist nonsense to the table.

Bring in Sinn Fein sure look at the massive success they have had in the North with the population escaping across the border to get treatment. Only an idiot would bring Sinn Fein into the government, what would the plan be then? create "coffin ships" again and send everyone to UK/US?

• Advertisement

No, I am proposing that everyone with a mandate sit around a table with the experts and thrash out a way forward and come up with a cohesive and sensible plan.

Because what is happening isn't any of those things. How could it be - the government are having an emergency unscheduled meeting to review the weak decision they made only a wet week ago.
    A decision that hasn't even had time to work before it had to be upped to another level.
    Is it any wonder some are not taking this seriously?

So you are an ex-mod around here seemingly?

Whether I am or not is absolutely irrelevant. There's nothing stopping an ex mod Posting in a thread.

Banned ex mods however, well that's a different thing altogether.

Whether I am or not is absolutely irrelevant. There's nothing stopping an ex mod Posting in a thread.

Banned ex mods however, well that's a different thing altogether.

Oh f**k me that is hillarious!!!!!!! :P:P:P:P:P:P:P that made my day!

It all depends on who was driving him. I don’t wear a mask when in the car with my husband.

I don't think it was Leo's partner, but even if it l is, is he also his driver:confused:

No, I am proposing that everyone with a mandate sit around a table with the experts and thrash out a way forward and come up with a cohesive and sensible plan.

Because what is happening isn't any of those things. How could it be - the government are having an emergency unscheduled meeting to review the weak decision they made only a wet week ago.
    A decision that hasn't even had time to work before it had to be upped to another level.

There are more experts than health ones that have an input into any decision being made. The health of the economy has a huge part to play. The borrowings to support job losses would haunt our children and grandchildren for generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And the solution is Angus O'Snodaigh? Please.

And the solution is Angus O'Snodaigh? Please.

The solution appears to me to be anything other than allowing this ****show to continue.

There are more experts than health ones that have an input into any decision being made. The health of the economy has a huge part to play. The borrowings to support job losses would haunt our children and grandchildren for generations.

I hate to tell him the meetings with all relevant organizations started in Feb this year. Seems it might confuse some people as to how a government works. Just because one part says lockdown doesn't mean every other part at the table will agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I don't think it was Leo's partner, but even if it l is, is he also his driver:confused:

I'll bet it was Barrett, being a Saturday
    Pap sensitive Vradakar wouldn't be coming out those gates like that otherwise

• Advertisement

Yes Maryanne, get them around the table too if they are part of the solution...get all who are a part involved...bring everyone along together, the essence of 'cohesiveness'.
    Stop blaming all and sundry when the responsible people are not doing their part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement