Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

How is this not a failure of government?

https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1350767017192783872?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

mattser wrote: »
    Despite the obsession 🤣🤣

That poll showing Varadkar as the most popular leader at the height of the COVID crisis will only increase the obsession.

Expect more of the low-level dog-whistle stuff over the next few weeks.

blanch152 wrote: »
    That poll showing Varadkar as the most popular leader at the height of the COVID crisis will only increase the obsession.

Low level? He's a corrupt liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You're placing a lot of faith in that poll. Any comment on SF topping the party poll side of it?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You're placing a lot of faith in that poll. Any comment on SF topping the party poll side of it?

I just figured out how to put someone on ignore. It's clear there's no point debating someone who's consistently disingenuous. Cannot even admit who they support and may be a re reg.

Anyway. Back to FFG. Seems like the revolving door of those parties to lobby groups rumbles on.

Another two former Fine Gael TDs have emerged from the revolving door between politics and lobbying. Paudie Coffey, a former Waterford TD and junior minister for housing, has lobbied current housing minister Darragh O’Brien on behalf of social housing developer RediResi Ireland. He has also spoken to council officials in Waterford, Wicklow, Offaly and Dublin for the company.

Separately, Noel Rock, who has described himself as the “youngest former TD” in the country, was drafted in by the Irish Venture Capital Association before the budget last year to get across its views on the national economic plan and the employment and investment incentive scheme, which encourages investors to provide equity-based finance to trading companies.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/atticus-former-fine-gael-tds-paudie-coffey-and-noel-rock-join-long-line-of-lobbyists-sq7tp6gv6

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

smurgen wrote: »
    I just figured out how to put someone on ignore. It's clear there's no point debating someone who's consistently disingenuous. Cannot even admit who they support and may be a re reg.

Anyway. Back to FFG. Seems like the revolving door of those parties to lobby groups rumbles on.

Another two former Fine Gael TDs have emerged from the revolving door between politics and lobbying. Paudie Coffey, a former Waterford TD and junior minister for housing, has lobbied current housing minister Darragh O’Brien on behalf of social housing developer RediResi Ireland. He has also spoken to council officials in Waterford, Wicklow, Offaly and Dublin for the company.

Separately, Noel Rock, who has described himself as the “youngest former TD” in the country, was drafted in by the Irish Venture Capital Association before the budget last year to get across its views on the national economic plan and the employment and investment incentive scheme, which encourages investors to provide equity-based finance to trading companies.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/atticus-former-fine-gael-tds-paudie-coffey-and-noel-rock-join-long-line-of-lobbyists-sq7tp6gv6

They get the appointments because they actually have a clue what is going on. They are hoping to bring progression and a beneficial input to their roles. It keeps them in the loop also.

Unlike some leftwing crank who is far happier crying foul from the sidelines, whilst doing phuck all about it.

Try ignoring that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    They get the appointments because they actually have a clue what is going on. They are hoping to bring progression and a beneficial input to their roles. It keeps them in the loop also.

Unlike some leftwing crank who is far happier crying foul from the sidelines, whilst doing phuck all about it.

Try ignoring that.

#Moriarty Report.

Try ignoring that.

Paudie coffey is regarded as joke within FG in waterford....even the esb lads used laugh at him being selected to run for election :pac:

He is a former TD,who should never have risen above county councillor level,much like his portlaw counter part in FF mary butler.....i cringe at sight of her representing waterford

What are his credentials for role lobbying here,he as good as admitted on local radio,he hadnt an iota what was finer points of the government housing plan....despite being a junior minister in that department at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Micheal Martin must be sleeping with one eye open ,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Latest polling shows that Varadkar continues to have the highest approval rating of the 3 government party leaders, and indeed any of the opposition also. Ryan not in a good position approval wise.

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1350605097722667008?s=19

I find it very odd that this post tells us that Ryans approval rating is abysmal, and our resident green thanks it.

Figure that one out.

• Advertisement

To be fair, he may have a medical condition which would cause such incidents for all we know, so I wouldn't hold that kind of stuff against him.

If he has a medical condition, that causes him to sleep uncontrollably at random times (narcolepsy for example) maybe his role as a senior govt minister should be reconsidered?

Wouldn't people want a member of cabinet to be making decisions on matters that they're fully aware of, and maybe didn't nod off at certain critical points?

McMurphy wrote: »
    If he has a medical condition, that causes him to sleep uncontrollably at random times (narcolepsy for example) maybe his role as a senior govt minister should be reconsidered?

Wouldn't people want a member of cabinet to be making decisions on matters that they're fully aware of, and maybe didn't nod off at certain critical points?

My worry is he's charging around the streets in a VW van and is prone to instantaneous sleeping,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Watch this terrible government cover their ass next week by distancing themselves to the Mother and Baby commission. Just watch....

They've had the report for months and only decide to reject it 5 days after it was published. Nice. Their spin failed.

Self serving idiots.

It will not be forgotten. Vile.

Will their loyal supporters even call them out on the whitewash report?

Abuse heaped on abuse.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But you forget that the angry white male republicans don’t agree with this. Stop the steal of the opinion polls.

Whats with the Trump style race baiting you've been engaging in recently?
    Varadkar says the shinners don't like whitey.
    The level of discourse gets sillier in tandem with Varadkar's gaffes. Maybe he should up his game and cut the lies and spin.

To be fair, he may have a medical condition which would cause such incidents for all we know, so I wouldn't hold that kind of stuff against him.

We know he falls asleep. I wouldn't assume he's sick.

Try ignoring that.

Is it not more to get the political ear? Knowing FG types put 'their own above the tax payer.

Putting private profit above the tax payer is not 'having a clue', its actually making a balls of government.

Bowie wrote: »
    Whats with the Trump style race baiting you've been engaging in recently?
    Varadkar says the shinners don't like whitey.
    The level of discourse gets sillier in tandem with Varadkar's gaffes. Maybe he should up his game and cut the lies and spin.

Varadkar sounding unhinged the last twelve months tbh.

Yep, and after that article on Friday, I'm beginning to worry about the state of his mind tbh.

https://twitter.com/sotcstill/status/1350274578300481537?s=19

It's the narcissism , every thing has to be about him, cant cope with anyone or anything getting more attention than him,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Watch this terrible government cover their ass next week by distancing themselves to the Mother and Baby commission. Just watch....

They've had the report for months and only decide to reject it 5 days after it was published. Nice. Their spin failed.

Self serving idiots.

It will not be forgotten. Vile.

Will their loyal supporters even call them out on the whitewash report?

Abuse heaped on abuse.

Lot of anger out there.....

• Advertisement

Lot of anger out there.....

Certainly is. And your heroes will hear it loud and clear. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Bowie wrote: »
    We know he falls asleep. I wouldn't assume he's sick.

I didn't assume anything Bowie.

The cynic in me believes that's exactly what happened here, and why they were pulled.

https://twitter.com/aoibhin_osborne/status/1350550161668403203?s=19

I didn't assume anything Bowie.

Are you me now? I said 'I'.
    The man is prone to napping. We know this.
    His silence on the shameful mother and baby home whitewash is enough. He knows which side his gluten free bread is vegan buttered on.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40208657.html
    Ms Doherty said it is "wrong" to accept the report and she will now be calling on Children's Minister Roderic O'Gorman to sanction a new independent review when he comes before the Seanad this week, as "at the very least" we should say that we "absolutely believe" the survivors.

She said: "I don't think it's good enough to stand as our nation's response to our women and I think it should be reviewed.

They think that they have foreseen everything, think that they have provided against everything; the fools, the fools, the fools!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1350789620942962691

The Green party is now utterly ruined.

The cynic in me believes that's exactly what happened here, and why they were pulled.

https://twitter.com/aoibhin_osborne/status/1350550161668403203?s=19

The HSE requested it from the Department of Health, not the other way around.

The HSE requested it from the Department of Health, not the other way around.

No-one was disputing that, not sure why you think it's relevant.

It's the timing that has folk thinking it is coincidental. It suited Donnelly to approve the request, which will be reviewed again in two weeks. I wonder will they coincidentally be put back in a fortnight?

• Advertisement

No-one was disputing that, not sure why you think it's relevant.

It's the timing that has folk thinking it is coincidental. It suited Donnelly to approve the request, which will be reviewed again in two weeks. I wonder will they coincidentally be put back in a fortnight?

What would the argument be for Donnelly to refuse the request the HSE made? The HSE want to free up the trainers for the current surge, I don't think he would have a leg to stand on if he said no to the HSE on this. I can't even think of a satisfactory argument to say no to such a HSE request.

Not everything needs to be some big conspiracy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement