Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No mystery as to why there is no confidence in the electorate in the government's ability to mange the pandemic when you see this stuff.

https://twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1350932756830822400

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Whats with the Trump style race baiting you've been engaging in recently?
    Varadkar says the shinners don't like whitey.
    The level of discourse gets sillier in tandem with Varadkar's gaffes. Maybe he should up his game and cut the lies and spin.

Leo inside your head to such an extent that this post doesn't make any sense. What exactly are you trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

blanch152 wrote: »
    Leo inside your head to such an extent that this post doesn't make any sense. What exactly are you trying to say?

Obsessed.

It's bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You used race in your last deflection for Leo. Leo also used race. Its very Trump era Republican GOP.

Attacking the poster anytime a politician you like is rightly criticised.

Obsessed.

It's bizarre.

Indeed. Some comment on politicians, some comment on people because they comment on politicians....one is bizarre.

Like FG, anything but speak on the criticism itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Obsessed.

It's bizarre.

Imagine someone who is consistently cynical,self serving and narcissistic getting flak.the horror!

You used race in your last deflection for Leo. Leo also used race. Its very Trump era Republican GOP.

Attacking the poster anytime a politician you like is rightly criticised.
    Indeed. Some comment on politicians, some comment on people because they comment on politicians....one is bizarre.

Like FG, anything but speak on the criticism itself.
    Whats with the Trump style race baiting you've been engaging in recently?
    Varadkar says the shinners don't like whitey.
    The level of discourse gets sillier in tandem with Varadkar's gaffes. Maybe he should up his game and cut the lies and spin.

The posts speak for themselves.

The posts speak for themselves.

They do. I don't see your point beyond trying to make it about the poster in an effort to deflect.
    I'd rather speak on FF/FG/Greens.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Did Eamon Ryan actually fall asleep again today or is it fake news?

No that was a made up thing on social media.

• Advertisement

'cause Shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Reminds me of Harris being uncontactable when the head of the nursing homes was trying to contact him. And we know how that turned out unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Roisin Shortall (SDs) mauled Ossian Smith (Green) on the Tonight Show earlier.
    Social Democrats are the best performing party in the Dail.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

smurgen wrote: »
    Reminds me of Harris being uncontactable when the head of the nursing homes was trying to contact him. And we know how that turned out unfortunately.

Given the amount of party people who indulge in the macabre competition you would wonder is keeping NI in a bad state intentional.
    Can't for the life of me think of a reason why he wouldn't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Roisin Shortall (SDs) mauled Ossian Smith (Green) on the Tonight Show earlier.
    Social Democrats are the best performing party in the Dail.

Not sure how you measure that apart from making speeches or debating.
    Hurlers on the ditch are always unbeatable, stick them on the field, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Can't be any worse on the field than the greens at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Can't be any worse on the field than the greens at the moment!

Who knows?

Given the amount of party people who indulge in the macabre competition you would wonder is keeping NI in a bad state intentional.
    Can't for the life of me think of a reason why he wouldn't answer.

Yes, Fine Gael are responsible for bad governance in Northern Ireland and it has nothing to do with the two incompetent sectarian parties who actually govern the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes, Fine Gael are responsible for bad governance in Northern Ireland and it has nothing to do with the two incompetent sectarian parties who actually govern the place.

Blanch.....have to disagree.

They only govern the place when things go well.

Anything goes wrong (and it usually does) it’s governed from Westminster.

Nothing to do with me guv.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Blanch.....have to disagree.

They only govern the place when things go well.

Anything goes wrong (and it usually does) it’s governed from Westminster.

Nothing to do with me guv.:D

Hmmm that sounds a lot like FG and FF, only accepting responsibility if things go well but everyone else is to blame when it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Personally, I look at the number and kind of Private Member's Bills they introduce.

I see increased employment rights like this:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/passage-of-parental-leave-bill-an-example-of-new-politics-working-1.3892537

They have also published legislation on:
    Equal access and Non Discrimination in schools.
    Greater notice period for residential tenancies.
    the Urban Regeneration and Housing Bill

They have been the driving force behind Slaintecare.

The were pro- Marriage equality and Anti-8th Amendment long before it became politically expedient (looking at Leo here)

I seem to recall it was debate on a Soc Dem bill on low wage that the leader of the GP slept through.

They have consistently called for proper monitoring of people flying into the country - going so far as to obtain the figures demonstrating the utter failure of govt to do so.

They have questioned why the State can give greyhound racing millions and millions but not pay student nurses working with covid patients.

And I see Opposition complaining - ironically including at the time MM - about Govt stonewalling Private Member's Bills introduced by the Opposition. Back then Brexit was the excuse - now it's Covid.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-30919354.html

Result is the same - Govt wants to keep the Opposition off the playing field because it's the govt who can't hit the sliotar.

Senior hurling eh?

They couldn't hit a sliotar if you sat it on a rugby tee and gave them 3 attempts.

A number of construction workers received COVID-19 vaccines in a Kerry hospital - ahead of healthcare workers.
    Builders working in the University Hospital Kerry received the jab over the weekend, Kerry County Council was told on Monday.

They got the vaccine ahead of psychiactric healthcare workers in the community, as well as residents and patients at a mental health facility in the Munster county.

The hospital confirmed the builders' vaccines.
    https://www.buzz.ie/news/construction-workers-received-covid-vaccine-in-kerry-hospital-412915

Any reason you can think of why he didn't reply...4 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

https://www.thejournal.ie/support-fine-gael-falls-sinn-fein-5327480-Jan2021/

Sf most popular party in latest opinion poll. Will be very interesting next election, will we have repeat of current set up or sf win a good few more seats and form government without ffg. Ffg might be happy to be in opposition at that stage, the economic damage they have inflicted on the country, its likely going to be budget cuts each budget and a housing issue they have no interest in sorting.

Its fairly obvious why.....i know a good few,who've returned home and were never contacted when self isolating

Those tracing forms are a farce and a box-ticking exercise,with zero effort made to make it a practical success.....we need to introduce the quarantine

My brother flew in from Geneva to Dublin on 17th Dec - he had been trying since beginning of Dec but Aer Lingus kept cancelling the flights.

He's a careful chap so had a (not required) test 3 days before flying (he was in Valais in Switzerland which has/d a huge infection rate). He had arranged that his car was available in Dublin airport, took the test again there, filled out the forms, got in his car, and drove to Cork where he quarantined for 5 day after he got his Irish test results.
    At no point did he receive a phone call.
    This man had flown in from a hot spot, got in his car, drove from Dublin to Cork, and no-one checked once where he was and what he was doing.

He was doing the right thing. But that was completely because he is that kind of man - and his sisters would have killed him if he put our mother at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Idbatterim wrote: »

Sf most popular party in latest opinion poll. Will be very interesting next election, will we have repeat of current set up or sf win a good few more seats and form government without ffg. Ffg might be happy to be in opposition at that stage, the economic damage they have inflicted on the country, its likely going to be budget cuts each budget and a housing issue they have no interest in sorting.

I think there will be change within FF and a leadership will emerge that will go into government with SF. Mehole will be finished at that point along with Ryan and his crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Idbatterim wrote: »

Even given FF's technically "at the wheel" at the moment, I'm surprised FG have come out on top here given the seemingly never-ending negative PR about FG and Leo in particular. That being said, I don't see any real prospect of either FF or FG looking to bring down this government on those figures.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    My brother flew in from Geneva to Dublin on 17th Dec - he had been trying since beginning of Dec but Aer Lingus kept cancelling the flights.

He's a careful chap so had a (not required) test 3 days before flying (he was in Valais in Switzerland which has/d a huge infection rate). He had arranged that his car was available in Dublin airport, took the test again there, filled out the forms, got in his car, and drove to Cork where he quarantined for 5 day after he got his Irish test results.
    At no point did he receive a phone call.
    This man had flown in from a hot spot, got in his car, drove from Dublin to Cork, and no-one checked once where he was and what he was doing.

He was doing the right thing. But that was completely because he is that kind of man - and his sisters would have killed him if he put our mother at risk.

Most of the communications are by text, rather than phone call.

As for doing the right thing, he would have stayed in Switzerland if he was doing the right thing.

Even given FF's technically "at the wheel" at the moment, I'm surprised FG have come out on top here given the seemingly never-ending negative PR about FG and Leo in particular. That being said, I don't see any real prospect of either FF or FG looking to bring down this government on those figures.

This government could be in power for ten years, that is the real legacy of Mary-Lou's complete failure to get even one party to agree to enter coalition with her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Bannasidhe wrote: »

He should have stayed in die Schweiz , if he was sincere about doing the right thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement