Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

markodaly wrote: »
    I know its nice and all to beat the government over the schools issue, but is any blame going to go to the Teacher Unions who seem to be dictating policy now.

The people elected the government, we didn't elect the Unions to run our education system.
    +1

Schools certainly shouldn't be open, but I don't want a bunch of unelected union losers dictating policy.

smurgen wrote: »
    Well this is awkward. Mate of then Taoiseach gets copy of confidential contract before Minister of Health. In any other country he would be gone or arrested.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1351787381398102016?s=19
    Wait again, or is this just a repost of the same story from before Christmas (early November?)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Wait again, or is this just a repost of the same story from before Christmas (early November?)?

Read the linked to article.

It covers foi documents previously not covered.

It's not difficult really.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Would finish off any normal TD in any normal party.

McMurphy wrote: »

It's considered good form to provide a bit of background to your posts and to be open to questions on what you're posting. It's not difficult really.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    The unions represent the teachers interests.
    Maybe the government should take responsibility for whatever it is they do.

The government are trying to take responsibility for the special needs children. Shame on the few teachers who are looking after number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FFers must be looking back at who negotiated the cabinet positions back in June...

Ministry of Agriculture - 3 of them achieved nothing but disgrace
    Minsitry of Health - People are sick at the sight of Donnelly and his ongoing guff/excuses. Always reactive, never pro-active.
    Minstry of Education - Oh dear. Foley was handed another poisoned chalice and she put more poison in it.
    Ministry for Public Expenditure and Reform - Hello? Anyone there?
    Ministry for Housing - Who? What?
    Taoiseach - Nice timing ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Would finish off any normal TD in any normal party.

No, it wouldn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    The unions represent the teachers interests.
    Maybe the government should take responsibility for whatever it is they do.

So why are the Unions dictating public health policy when it comes to the re-opening of schools?
    Teachers are good at teaching. They are not qualified health professionals.

Well this is awkward. Mate of then Taoiseach gets copy of confidential contract before Minister of Health. In any other country he would be gone or arrested.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1351787381398102016?s=19

How frightfully awkward. Wasn’t this thrashed out last November? Didn’t a rag try to do a hatchet piece on Leo?
    I suppose anything to divert attention from the disgraceful teachers unions withholding vital services from their special needs students?

• Advertisement

It's considered good form to provide a bit of background to your posts and to be open to questions on what you're posting. It's not difficult really.

Really?

I thought it was expected to provide links to a story you were commenting on, which happened here on this occasion.

I think what you did, was jump in two feet first with a comment, instead of actually reading the article linked to.

People won't be taking you by the hand and guiding you I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Any normal country,what went on there would be a serious offence,with likely a jail term of several years

In eire,its somehow the oppositions fault,and no responsibility needed

Simon Harris dragged into the mire too. Shows himself to be a servile lackey tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It looks like Leo jumped the gun. The minister hadn't got a copy because the deal wasn't finalised even as Leo posted a copy to a nobody really.
    Of course it's back in the headlines, it looks incredibly bad and this is a new twist given that everybody on the govt side said the deal was finalised, but it now appears that wasn't the case.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-leaked-gp-contract-while-minister-for-health-was-urgently-seeking-copy-1.4462651?mode=amp

Simon Harris dragged into the mire too. Shows himself to be a servile lackey tbh.

Servile Simon the second.

Coveney during the Irish Water fiasco still holds the crown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It looks like Leo jumped the gun. The minister hadn't got a copy because the deal wasn't finalised even as Leo posted a copy to a nobody really.
    Of course it's back in the headlines, it looks incredibly bad and this is a new twist given that everybody on the govt side said the deal was finalised, but it now appears that wasn't the case.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-leaked-gp-contract-while-minister-for-health-was-urgently-seeking-copy-1.4462651?mode=amp

It's his main defense torpedoed. He mislead the Dail. Also Simon Harris said he had full confidence in Varadkar. What basis was that on? Did he know that Varadkar had sent a document that he as minister of Health was waiting on out to someone not involved in the negotiations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The new details are in the tweet. Literally right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It's his main defense torpedoed. He mislead the Dail. Also Simon Harris said he had fill confidence in Varadkar. What basis was that on? Did he know that Varadkar had sent a document that he as minister of Health was waiting on out to someone not involved in the negotiations?

It won't make much difference though really I feel.
    I don't think it made or would have made any difference to the agreement.
    But if it had been Harris that leaked it he'd be toast I'd say.

because the government worked to.coverup school outbreaks..

The unions,particularly teachers,are often chancers,but in this instance,their 100% in right to look after the health and welfare,and working conditions of their members

Its incomprehensible to me,that the government didnt plan for possibility of having to close schools a 2nd time,

Did government slash ppe money to schools?

Shopworkers can manage. Why not teachers of special needs children?

Really?

I thought it was expected to provide links to a story you were commenting on, which happened here on this occasion.

I think what you did, was jump in two feet first with a comment, instead of actually reading the article linked to.

People won't be taking you by the hand and guiding you I'm afraid.
    I'm sorry that you don't understand the difference between a comment and a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I did, and Pearse is telling porkies again.

• Advertisement

because the government worked to.coverup school outbreaks..

The unions,particularly teachers,are often chancers,but in this instance,their 100% in right to look after the health and welfare,and working conditions of their members

Its incomprehensible to me,that the government didnt plan for possibility of having to close schools a 2nd time,

Did government slash ppe money to schools?

Yeah, teachers know better than the public health officials?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What you need background to the then Taoiseach leaking a confidential document to his mate before it published. The the same Tainiste stands up in the Dail and lies about it and now under FOI the Irish Times and discovered that not only did he leak the document to his mate, the then Health Minister didn't have a copy of it. Varadkar has lied through his teeth through this whole thing and anyone with an ounce of decency can see that and by right Varadkar should be sacked.

Not on this thread, you can just dump a Twitter link, make an unsubstantiated comment and blame the government.

The new details are in the tweet. Literally right there.
    They literally are not in the tweet unless your reading comprehension is as bad as others. It's also not clear from the article whether this is the same leak as reported previously or a separate leaked document. It's not a ****ing difficult question to answer unless you don't know the answer yourself, is it?

Floppybits wrote: »
    What you need background to the then Taoiseach leaking a confidential document to his mate before it published. The the same Tainiste stands up in the Dail and lies about it and now under FOI the Irish Times and discovered that not only did he leak the document to his mate, the then Health Minister didn't have a copy of it. Varadkar has lied through his teeth through this whole thing and anyone with an ounce of decency can see that and by right Varadkar should be sacked.
    I asked a simple ****ing question but do go off on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It's his main defense torpedoed. He mislead the Dail. Also Simon Harris said he had full confidence in Varadkar. What basis was that on? Did he know that Varadkar had sent a document that he as minister of Health was waiting on out to someone not involved in the negotiations?

It begs the question who actually was the real minister for health? It seems to me that Harris was only the minister in name only but it was Varadkar that was pulling the strings. Or did Varadkar not have the confidence in his own appointed Health Minister that he was cutting him out of decisions?

why are you cursing?
    Why not?

"Cursing" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Shopworkers can manage. Why not teachers of special needs children?

Who's going to look after the teachers kids?

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Who's going to look after the teachers kids?

The same childcare workers looking after the children of the other essential workers like retail workers, nurses, meat factory workers etc.

• Advertisement

Seems so....didnt holohan say schools represent significant risk?

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement