Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Francie wants the govt to step aside!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Yes Maryanne, get them around the table too if they are part of the solution...get all who are a part involved...bring everyone along together, the essence of 'cohesiveness'.
    Stop blaming all and sundry when the responsible people are not doing their part.

Would such a solution put the army in shopping centres to stop yummy mummies crowding around each other like it was 2019 or stop house parties?
    It would have to be some junta and is a non starter IMO
    Unfortunately I'm resigned to the problem untill the spring and vaccines start to kick in
    Our only hope is those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Its really sad that the usual suspects are trying to ram their ‘end direct provision’ in with covid to get their way. They really need to stop politicising this virus

You're the one politicising the virus. It can be easily transferred from someone in direct provision to someone outside. If the conditions within direct provision foster a breeding ground for the virus then direct provision would need to be changed.

Nobotty wrote: »
    I'll bet it was Barrett, being a Saturday
    Pap sensitive Vradakar wouldn't be coming out those gates like that otherwise

You can bet all you want.you've no evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

smurgen wrote: »

Do you have evidence to suggest otherwise?

• Advertisement

Tbh,I've no evidence because I've no sight of the photograph and don't know who is driving nor have you said if the driver is visible
    Its not on the online version of the paper and I have premium for another week (1 month free with revolut)
    What I do know is Vradakar is very pap sensitive

Meanwhile lady doctor Gabrielle on radio one saying guards aren't enforcing anything
    50 people plus outside pubs and restaurants in Dublin yesterday and 3 of her neighbours holding parties breaking the new guidelines
    Dan o brien on the same show talking perfect sense as to the futility of it all
    Oxford academics saying Ireland has the most stringent restrictions in Europe already
    We are ****ed until that vaccine comes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

The solution appears to me to be anything other than allowing this ****show to continue.

Spreading your Sinn Fein "****show" propaganda doesn't make it true.

Any normal person can see that the government is doing their best with a new tricky, changing situation. If the solution were simple or easy or fun it would be solved.

Whatever the solution is or way forward might be Sinn Fein have nothing to contribute one way or the other - save for the kind of grating whinging and carping criticism so in evidence here

Yes Maryanne, get them around the table too if they are part of the solution...get all who are a part involved...bring everyone along together, the essence of 'cohesiveness'.
    Stop blaming all and sundry when the responsible people are not doing their part.

They ARE getting around the table. Their views ARE being discussed. They ARE part of the decision making process.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,173 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And here comes the misrepresentation...followed no doubt by outright lies about what I proposed.

Francie just wants to undermine and criticise whatever the government do and to promote and justify Sinn Fein (who have no proposals) all the way. No other agenda or interest

Would be happy with any wreckage so long as the end result was Mary Lou and Gerry wrapped in the green flag in charge of whatever wasteland remained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,553 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Truthvader wrote: »
    Francie just wants to undermine and criticise whatever the government do and to promote and justify Sinn Fein (who have no proposals) all the way. No other agenda or interest

Would be happy with any wreckage so long as the end result was Mary Lou and Gerry wrapped in the green flag in charge of whatever wasteland remained

Post of the month so far........

and as predicted...the lies.

What worked at the start will not work now...how much evidence do we need of that.

What we need is the impression at least of the seriousness of the situation coming from the top down.

A national government to deal with the crisis specifically...let them govern away on other issues, would convey that impression. Everybody, sleeves rolled up working together in the 'national' interest.

All I hear from post like this is retain the status quo of wasteland. How utterly depressing the government supporters are.

Kowerski wrote: »
    Do you have evidence to suggest otherwise?

He pays for a government driver and is leaving government buildings. Are you naive?

What worked at the start will not work now...how much evidence do we need of that.

What we need is the impression at least of the seriousness of the situation coming from the top down.

A national government to deal with the crisis specifically...let them govern away on other issues, would convey that impression. Everybody, sleeves rolled up working together in the 'national' interest.

From the bottom up I’d say mesel.

Moycullen..... Berlin..Dungannon.....Donegal.... Killarney.... Kilkee. Etc given your likeness for this ‘back-up’ you seem to like so much.

When it’s the most obvious stuff any sensible person can see.

Great to know we've intellectual heavy weights such as Eoghan "rabbit in the headlights" Murphy at the steering wheel for such massive decision makings. It's not as if he didn't make a balls of housing and then get wiped out in the election. He should took the hint and found another job.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1317759942129078272?s=19

For those of you advocating level five
    Read this
    Its a text I got a few minutes ago from a friend who works in the ambulance service
    I've blotted out the names
    This on a micro level is whats going on
    I sat in station last night when my colleague received a phone call to say her friend from **** husband had just committed sucicide. When news came through of poss level 5 on Fri he told his wife he cannot cope. They had two kids. While filling up my car with fuel the previous evening **** came over to me. Fellow I'd helped out about a yr previously with an issue. Trust built up. Told me his marriage is on the rocks because of the financial strain on his business and doesn't see a future. His 18yr old daughter is badly struggling atm. We are destroying people's lives,economically and mentally while we continue to try save a few who we haven't even asked what they want. We're playing hide and seek with no plan how to live with the virus.

So when I see the petty tit for tat here,I sigh
    This problem is not simple

Great to know we've intellectual heavy weights such as Eoghan "rabbit in the headlights" Murphy at the steering wheel for such massive decision makings. It's not as if he didn't make a balls of housing and then get wiped out in the election. He should took the hint and found another job.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1317759942129078272?s=19

Eoghan was housing minister for 18 months and "failed" to build a million houses.

Perfect "victim" for Sinn Fein bully boys who enjoy the "posh boy" jibe and pack hunting atmosphere. Went up in my estimation when he walked through the baying mob of Sinn Fein scum at the counting centre in the last election

"Lets form a band and save Ireland"

• Advertisement

Eoghan was housing minister for 18 months and "failed" to build a million houses.

Perfect "victim" for Sinn Fein bully boys who enjoy the "posh boy" jibe and pack hunting atmosphere. Went up in my estimation when he walked through the baying mob of Sinn Fein scum at the counting centre in the last election

So 24% of the electorate and anyone else against homelessness is scum? Pretty dehumanizing language there.

So 24% of the electorate and anyone else against homelessness is scum? Pretty dehumanizing language there.

100% are "against" homelessness.

Look at the footage of the Sinn Fein cowardly pack of school bullies trying to intimidate and abuse Murphy at the last count and try to suppress the word "scum"

I saw the gathering at the count centre, nothing about the description was any way dehumanizing about most of those folk, a chara.

Stop trying to twist peoples posts,please.

I saw the gathering at the count centre, nothing about the description was any way dehumanizing about most of those folk, a chara.

Stop trying to twist peoples posts,please.

So you're calling them scum?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Is there a reason certain posters are trying to hammer home this inconsistency in truth? It almost seems coordinated.

I repeat myself:
    Was he though?

When elected in 2011 he received 5,783 first preference votes in the now abolished Dublin South-East constituency. A turnout of 35,000.

In 2020 he received 6,346 votes in the new, very crowded Dublin Bay south constituency with a turnout of 40,000. This time up against heavy hitters like Jim O'Callaghan and Eamon Ryan. He also carried a strong running mate in Kate O'Connell who split the FG vote.

Chris Andrews pipped him to the second seat in this 4 seater thanks to transfers, resulting in Murphy taking the third seat. He was not at risk of losing his seat.

Considering the drop off in FG support around the country, i think he did quite well for himself all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

I stood beside and watched that crowd of bullies in the count center.
    Their behavior was scummy and their actions were sinister.

Bunch of neanderthals. I gave them a wide berth for the rest of the day.

https://images.app.goo.gl/m7xcAwL4iTjQUWFZA

:P

I stood beside and watched that crowd of bullies in the count center.
    Their behavior was scummy and their actions were sinister.

Bunch of neanderthals. I gave them a wide berth for the rest of the day.

And this is what Francie thinks will contribute to a "National government"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I see [URL="https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1172254/]Harris[/URL] has announced that himself and Varadkar have been discussing things and decided the government may move to level four tomorrow. I hope MM gets a call and someone should nudge Eamo.

Great use of the pandemic as PR for Sio and Leo. Thats the important thing.

• Advertisement

Is there a reason certain posters are trying to hammer home this inconsistency in truth? It almost seems coordinated.

I repeat myself:

Even FG knew what a liability he was, they hid a 'Minister' for the entire campaign, so much so that questions were asked about his whereabouts on one of the compelling issues of that campaign - housing and homelessness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement