Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,296 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Listened earlier to Niall Collins FF saying teachers were selective in picking NPHET health advice to suit their needs.
    He was reminded however that this very Govt is also very selective in picking health advice to suit their needs.

People in glass houses....

Indeed, we are where we are precisely for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bowie wrote: »
    Are you comparing the horror born on women by the Church, FF/FG state and it's institutions to teachers not wanting to risk their lives during a pandemic? Shame on you.

The latest FG/ Josepha Madigan excuse. Although she quickly took it down off Twitter when she was reminded of what previous FFG governments presided over.
    Surprised Mary didn't get the HQ memo to avoid that comparison from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Surely to goodness arrangements could be made to reopen schools for young special needs children and Leaving Cert students. It CAN be done. IF there’s a will to do it. Listening to families with autistic children is heartbreaking. There’s plenty in the media about the wrongs done in baby and mother homes. Yet, nothing thought of the plight of the unfortunate families watching their very vulnerable children lose what few skills they have learned.

It needs thinking on.
    If some poor autistic child contacts covid and gets seriously ill or dies then it's not worth the risk is it. Just 1 is too many.
    Vaccination for such individuals at least must come first as they are a very vulnerable group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The latest FG/ Josepha Madigan excuse. Although she quickly took it down off Twitter when she was reminded of what previous FFG governments presided over.

I saw that. Gives some idea of the type of people would support and allow Mother and Baby homes in the first place.

Jeepers, maybe it isn't a coincidence. Josepha saying exactly the same thing as a fervent defender of FG on here? Are they coaching supporters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jeepers, maybe it isn't a coincidence. Josepha saying exactly the same thing as a fervent defender of FG on here? Are they coaching supporters?

Maybe Mary is Josepha or maybe Josepha is Mary.

Floppybits wrote: »

:D

https://twitter.com/olivercallan/status/1351975207788048387

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Mary claims to be 36, Josepha is older than tae in a mug

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am surprised FFG haven't fired Oliver Callan out of RTE yet! He is very funny and insightful.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Mary claims to be 36, Josepha is older than tae in a mug

What are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I am surprised FFG haven't fired Oliver Callan out of RTE yet! He is very funny and insightful.

About as funny as bag rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I'll take your word for it BB :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Lots of anger out there Brendi!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,983 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You are playing silly beggars with wordplay.
    There was a report on plastics in Ireland. I mentioned it. You hadn't seen it. That's okay. The Greens, whose whole gimmick is the environment didn't comment. I remarked on that.

Hope this helps:

You'd be better off ignoring things if you don't want to comment on them. Treat it like you do a direct question posed to you.

If there was a report on plastics in Ireland, you will be able to provide a link to this report. A newspaper article is not a report.

I would be interested in commenting on such a report if one existed. I do note that according to the limited information you provided, Ireland have moved up from last place into the middle of the pack and are therefore making good progress, so the government would probably deserve congratulations for that. I mean you can't go from bottom to top in a couple of years.

However, I will wait for you to provide the report before commenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    If there was a report on plastics in Ireland, you will be able to provide a link to this report. A newspaper article is not a report.

I would be interested in commenting on such a report if one existed. I do note that according to the limited information you provided, Ireland have moved up from last place into the middle of the pack and are therefore making good progress, so the government would probably deserve congratulations for that. I mean you can't go from bottom to top in a couple of years.

However, I will wait for you to provide the report before commenting.

My comment stands, the facts are there. Your pedantry doesn't change a thing. The Greens don't seem to mind.

On the one hand you won't recognise the facts presented, on the other you want to pat FG on the back for it being 'worse elsewhere'. What a legacy.

You can wait. Two links reporting on the issue is enough ;)

Been going poorly for years it seems, yet the Greens thought FG were the star to hitch their wagon to...
    The Nile (Arabic: النيل‎, romanized: an-Nīl, Arabic pronunciation: [an'niːl], Bohairic Coptic: ⲫⲓⲁⲣⲟ Pronounced [pʰjaˈro],[4] Nobiin: Áman Dawū[5]) is a major north-flowing river in northeastern Africa

Mod

1 day ban for the personal attack.

'....exchanged three weeks of pleasure for 3 months of misery and multiple death's'. Pat Kenny to Paschal Donohue just now and destroying the Govt spin that they followed NPHET advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Listened earlier to Niall Collins FF saying teachers were selective in picking NPHET health advice to suit their needs.
    He was reminded however that this very Govt is also very selective in picking health advice to suit their needs.

People in glass houses....

Minister for Finance states Govt were selective in picking NPHET advice.
    Paschal Donohoe said although the Government followed Nphet advice on Covid "most of the time", it was trying to get people back to work.

He admitted on Newstalk radio that the Government did not fully follow Nphet advice at the beginning of the Christmas period, which advised against opening hospitality, household visits and non-essential retail together, which led to Ireland's spike in positive cases being ranked the worst in the world.

"Across the entire period of dealing with Covid for nearly the year that we've been dealing with it we did, for most of the time, accept the advice and guidance that Nphet was giving the overwhelming majority of the time," he said.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40211474.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I could almost feel sorry for the Cheerleaders for the Govt who will go to bat time and time again only to have the rug pulled from under them.

'Almost' because even when the fact are slapping them across the face they still try and defend the indefensible - long after members of that same govt have admitted mistakes were made.
    And that tendency to defend at all costs is why we have unaccountability, why the same 2 parties have ruled the roost since the formation of the State, and why there is an absolute dearth of innovation in finding workable solutions to our many many problems.

'....exchanged three weeks of pleasure for 3 months of misery and multiple death's'. Pat Kenny to Paschal Donohue just now and destroying the Govt spin that they followed NPHET advice.

How did Paschal handle that? Was there an "Ah Pat you are being a bit unfair there, we all partied" in his response?:)

ANother Minister correcting what he said in the Dáil, a daily occurence almost and two today if you believe Leo was changing his original story.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1352291948388900865

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Minister for Finance states Govt were selective in picking NPHET advice.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40211474.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I could almost feel sorry for the Cheerleaders for the Govt who will go to bat time and time again only to have the rug pulled from under them.

'Almost' because even when the fact are slapping them across the face they still try and defend the indefensible - long after members of that same govt have admitted mistakes were made.
    And that tendency to defend at all costs is why we have unaccountability, why the same 2 parties have ruled the roost since the formation of the State, and why there is an absolute dearth of innovation in finding workable solutions to our many many problems.

Complete rubbish... what people like you seem to forget is the Govt. has to balance everything.

Being wise after the event is not a great talent, and this is what folk like you are good at.

Trying to balance every ones concerns is difficult, you seem to think that it’s about totally concentrating on the Virus eradication and forgetting about everything else... it would be great if we could do that .

It would be great if we could ignore schools, ignore businesses, ignore people’s mental health, ignore the countries economy , ignore people’s livelihoods.......and many more....

You seem to think that it’s great to feel sorry for people who point out this stuff and seem to use the pandemic as a tool to promulgate your, in my opinion, warped view about how this country is handling things.

Not perfect , but working hard to accommodate all interests and certainly not using the pandemic to promote their own ‘wise after the event’ brand of rubbish.

• Advertisement

Complete rubbish... what people like you seem to forget is the Govt. has to balance everything.

Being wise after the event is not a great talent, and this is what folk like you are good at.

Trying to balance every ones concerns is difficult, you seem to think that it’s about totally concentrating on the Virus eradication and forgetting about everything else... it would be great if we could do that .

It would be great if we could ignore schools, ignore businesses, ignore people’s mental health, ignore the countries economy , ignore people’s livelihoods.......and many more....

You seem to think that it’s great to feel sorry for people who point out this stuff and seem to use the pandemic as a tool to promulgate your, in my opinion, warped view about how this country is handling things.

Not perfect , but working hard to accommodate all interests and certainly not using the pandemic to promote their own ‘wise after the event’ brand of rubbish.

The unfortunate reality is that they choose not to take advice that was smack on the button. Nothing whatsoever to do with being 'wise after the event'.

The unfortunate reality is that they choose not to take advice that was smack on the button. Nothing whatsoever to do with being 'wise after the event'.

Rubbish, what they did was depend on Pat to have some common sense and follow the advice given. They trusted Pat and Patsy to see the big picture and comply with advice.

Did they follow it.......did they ****.

Would they have been torn apart by vested interests if they ‘cancelled Christmas’ ..Yes they would.. by the ‘wise after the event cohort’.

Those of us who can see the big picture can see through these folk...... ery easily.

Rubbish, what they did was depend on Pat to have some common sense and follow the advice given. They trusted Pat and Patsy to see the big picture and comply with advice.

Would they have been torn apart by vested interests if they ‘cancelled Christmas’ ..Yes they would.. by the ‘wise after the event cohort’.

Those of us who can see the big picture can see through these folk...... ery easily.

Why are they admitting to making 'mistakes'? I'll tell you why, because they undeniably did, several times and are liable to do it again.

looks to.me your admitting the government were too weak to face down vested interests and now are trying to pass blame on our death toll onto everyone else

Talk of personal responsibility,comes from top-down and this government has been severely lacking in ability to lead the way in accepting its responsibility in ignoring nphet advice and fall out its caused

Looks to me you are way off the mark, my friend

You're forgetting one little caveat however.
    The Govt themselves were advised they could have hospitality or family gatherings but they could not have both.
    The Govt chose to ignore that advice and ploughed their own furrow.

How can 'Pat' be expected to follow advice when govt themselves don't follow it?
    Genuine question here and looking forward to the answer.

ANother Minister correcting what he said in the Dáil, a daily occurence almost and two today if you believe Leo was changing his original story.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1352291948388900865

FFG have no respect for the Dail and you can see that flowing down through the other institutions on the state. You see the lack of respect of people called in to account for various things at the committees and to me it all comes down to how the members of the government treat the Dail.

You're forgetting one little caveat however.
    The Govt themselves were advised they could have hospitality or family gatherings but they could not have both.
    The Govt chose to ignore that advice and ploughed their own furrow.

How can 'Pat' be expected to follow advice when govt themselves don't follow it?
    Genuine question here and looking forward to the answer.

;)

Very simple.... Pat rode roughshod through all the advice.

What’s the story up in Kilmacrennan pal?

Wetties open .... Gardai assaulted... .

In other areas sheebeens open.... fully rigged out.

Wettie in my area..... dogs in the street drinking the slops of a Monday morning.

Get real.

;)

Very simple.... Pat rode roughshod through all the advice.

What’s the story up in Kilmacrennan pal?

Wetties open .... Gardai assaulted... .

In other areas sheebeens open.... fully rigged out.

Wettie in my area..... dogs in the street drinking the slops of a Monday morning.

Get real.

Sound. Everyone else's fault. Typical FFG, ye tried that with the nursing home apology too, blame everyone else so no gets the blame was Dobbo's description of latest govt manoeuvres.

Sound. Everyone else's fault. Typical FFG, ye tried that with the nursing home apology too, blame everyone else so no gets the blame was Dobbo's description of latest govt manoeuvres.

We all partied. :)

• Advertisement

We all partied. :)

Of course. Straight outta the playbook. I should've remembered that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement