Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Of course. Straight outta the playbook. I should've remembered that one.

There will be a lot of that when in the aftermath of Covid and the inquiries start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sound. Everyone else's fault. Typical FFG, ye tried that with the nursing home apology too, blame everyone else so no gets the blame was Dobbo's description of latest govt manoeuvres.

I hardly think that Dobbo was the poster boy for that remark.

I presume that was the “Dobbo’ who was at the party out in Montrose, doing the non social distancing selfies.

Kind of forks up your strategy there my friend.

I wouldn’t use Dobbo as an argument on this issue, buddy.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I hardly think that Dobbo was the poster boy for that remark.

I presume that was the “Dobbo’ who was at the party out in Montrose, doing the non social distancing selfies.

Kind of forks up your strategy there my friend.

I wouldn’t use Dobbo as an argument on this issue, buddy.:D

As opposed to your strategy of avoiding and evading the question being asked.

Another FFG tactic. Has the "But but but Storey Funeral" tactic been used yet?

Floppybits wrote: »
    Another FFG tactic. Has the "But but but Storey Funeral" tactic been used yet?

Not yet, waiting for it however. The default go to when the argument gets bogged down.

• Advertisement

:confused:

Like what, dude.

:confused:

Like what, dude.

Again,

How can 'Pat' be expected to follow advice when govt themselves don't follow it?

Again,

How can 'Pat' be expected to follow advice when govt themselves don't follow it?

Surely’Pat’ can think for himself? I know lots of Patricia’s who can!

Surely’Pat’ can think for himself? I know lots of Patricia’s who can!

Brenner doesn't think so;

Quote: Brendan Bendar
    Rubbish, what they did was depend on Pat to have some common sense and follow the advice given. They trusted Pat and Patsy to see the big picture and comply with advice.

Did they follow it.......did they ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Govt themselves were advised they could have hospitality or family gatherings but they could not have both.

Is there any actual evidence of this advice being given?

Where or when did NPHET give this ultimatum to the government?

Random Tweets from haters looking to stir up shight don't count either. There would have to be an FOI available for this instruction being given from NPHET?

I hear so much crap getting bandied about, but when did they receive this piece of advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brenner doesn't think so;

Quote: Brendan Bendar
    Rubbish, what they did was depend on Pat to have some common sense and follow the advice given. They trusted Pat and Patsy to see the big picture and comply with advice.

Did they follow it.......did they ****.

They're trying themselves in knots - it's gas.... They essentially don't even agree with themselves.

"The govt expected people to heed their advice, did they"? Did they feck.

"Can normal people not be trusted to act for themselves without the government holding their hands? Personal responsibility and all!"

Imagine asking one of them for directions to the nearest testing center?

"Aye you go down there, to the top of that road, and then you take the first left on your right" eh :confused:

Again,

Maybe,as in any case like this, have the balls to think for himself.

I mean if Cullinane starts shouting “Up the Ra” is that carte Blanche for all Shinners to let go and do the same.

Does that obviate the need to think for yourself.

Aaah here Lookit , shure didn’t Dottser give the support, we is good to go, bhoys.

Where’s them carbines?

:D

Maybe,as in any case like this, have the balls to think for himself.

I mean if Cullinane starts shouting “Up the Ra” is that carte Blanche for all Shinners to let go and do the same.

Does that obviate the need to think for yourself.

Aaah here Lookit , shure didn’t Dottser give the support, we is good to go, bhoys.

Where’s them carbines?

:D

When this sort of stuff coming out you know the government and their disciples are scrapping the bottom of the barrel to defend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

When this sort of stuff coming out you know the government and their disciples are scrapping the bottom of the barrel to defend them.

FFG have blood on their hands and hopefully going to be held accountable for it. They will be decimated and I mean decimated in the next election.

Oooh.... hit a bit of a nerve there.

Sorry bout that.:D

smurgen wrote: »
    FFG have blood on their hands and hopefully going to be held accountable for it. They will be decimated and I mean decimated in the next election.

Not as much as Sinn Féin pal.

Stop making crap up as you go along - be sincere at least.

No one should be looking to score political virtue on the back of an international pandemic, it is not only distasteful but unnecessarily cynical?

Oooh.... hit a bit of a nerve there.

Sorry bout that.:D

Not at all. I couldn't careless about SF or any party for that matter but when I see government supporters resort to name calling all it says to me is that SF must be onto something if it provokes that sort of response from government supporters.

We have seen it on here quite a bit, anyone who didn't support the government were called "special needs" by a government supporter and now we have "grunts" being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

If we follow the FG stance that the public pay no heed to anything they say ,what's the point of FG existing ?

If we follow the FG stance that the public pay no heed to anything they say ,what's the point of FG existing ?

I don't know what Republic you fancy living in, but the one I vote for allows me to live a life outside of what political affiliation I have. Life goes on long after the ballot box is filled.

I dread the day that I spend moping around Twitter and other media looking to see what I am going to do with my life?

I mean phuck that, who wants to live under a totalitarian regime where everyone exists like drones, lapping up every bit of advice from some government? You can have that all you like, but I won't be voting for it or supporting it.

• Advertisement

Not at all. I couldn't careless about SF or any party for that matter but when I see government supporters resort to name calling all it says to me is that SF must be onto something if it provokes that sort of response from government supporters.

We have seen it on here quite a bit, anyone who didn't support the government were called "special needs" by a government supporter and now we have "grunts" being used.

Good lad.. amazing how many folk here couldn’t care less about SF.

Now, what’s this crack about govt. supporters resorting to name calling ?

Can u expand on that issue if possible?

I don't get the Sinn Féin denialists myself.

What are they ashamed of?

It goes right to the top of that cabal anyway, they can't own up to nothing.

IAMAMORON wrote: »

So in your little mind if you don't support the government then you can only be an SF supporter? That some one cannot be neutral.

Good lad.. amazing how many folk here couldn’t care less about SF.

Now, what’s this crack about govt. supporters resorting to name calling ?

Can u expand on that issue if possible?

I can expand on it, we have government supporters on here refer to anyone who doesn't support the government as "special needs", now you have another supporter referring to these people as "grunts". Would you care to counter that?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CarProblem

This forum can be very childish

Criticism of the government does not necessarily imply support for SF

While this is a government thread you also see it elsewhere where criticism of SF is seen as support for FG (in particular but also the government in general)

Some people do not have a political affiliation and look at each item/question on its own merits without regard for other actions and without resorting to whataboutery

CarProblem wrote: »
    This forum can be very childish

Criticism of the government does not necessarily imply support for SF

While this is a government thread you also see it elsewhere where criticism of SF is seen as support for FG (in particular but also the government in general)

Some people do not have a political affiliation and look at each item/question on its own merits without regard for other actions and without resorting to whataboutery

Or name calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CarProblem

Not as much as Sinn Féin pal

Give it time, by the time this pandemic is over the government may well be to blame (IMO of course, I'm just some random nobody, but also in the opinions of a lot of scientific/medical experts) for more needless and avoidable deaths that the IRA ever was

I don't get the government supporting nihilists. The power of can't. Nothing can be better only worse so don't even try to improve. How utterly depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

CarProblem wrote: »
    Give it time, by the time this pandemic is over the government may well be to blame (IMO of course, I'm just some random nobody, but also in the opinions of a lot of scientific/medical experts) for more needless and avoidable deaths that the IRA ever was

I think the government are terrible and should be fired now but what are you talking about?

These are people who are going to work, they are just doing a job. How could anyone compare that to someone shooting another person or blowing them up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Many people who dislike FF FG despise the left even more and have nobody to vote for at this stage

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement