Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

CarProblem wrote: »
    Give it time, by the time this pandemic is over the government may well be to blame (IMO of course, I'm just some random nobody, but also in the opinions of a lot of scientific/medical experts) for more needless and avoidable deaths that the IRA ever was

Yeah.... because the current front bench are fond of blowing up pensioners in a brass band at the weekends?

Crikey, I have read it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CarProblem

I think the government are terrible and should be fired now but what are you talking about?

These are people who are going to work, they are just doing a job. How could anyone compare that to someone shooting another person or blowing them up?

I am comparing the outcome - unnecessary deaths - not the means of how such deaths came about.

The government has made numerous idiotic and incompetent decisions since February 2020, ignored advice etc and as a result a large number of unnecessary and avoidable deaths has been the result

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Yeah.... because the current front bench are fond of blowing up pensioners in a brass band at the weekends?

Crikey, I have read it all now.

See below - but of course you knew that already but can't help but deflect. They're very fond of (repeatedly) making decisions that results in 100s of needless deaths of pensioners. You seem to think killing pensioners is ok as long as it's not with weapons and explosives?
    I am comparing the outcome - unnecessary deaths - not the means of how such deaths came about.

The government has made numerous idiotic and incompetent decisions since February 2020, ignored advice etc and as a result a large number of unnecessary and avoidable deaths has been the result

How do you think things have gone in Northern Ireland?

How do you think things have gone in Northern Ireland?

I'm really not sure how that is relevant but to answer.....

I have little to no interest in NI politics, a lot of my friends would hope for the peaceful resolution resulting in a united Ireland. Me, I rarely give it much/any thought. The concept barely registers with me. In relation to handling of Covid - again not my concern. I am more interested in how the country i live in, pay taxes in, vote in has fared

Will post this again
    This forum can be very childish

Criticism of the government does not necessarily imply support for SF

While this is a government thread you also see it elsewhere where criticism of SF is seen as support for FG (in particular but also the government in general)

Some people do not have a political affiliation and look at each item/question on its own merits without regard for other actions and without resorting to whataboutery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Using that logic we have a lot of mass murders running all of the countries in the World
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I don't know what Republic you fancy living in, but the one I vote for allows me to live a life outside of what political affiliation I have. Life goes on long after the ballot box is filled.

I dread the day that I spend moping around Twitter and other media looking to see what I am going to do with my life?

I mean phuck that, who wants to live under a totalitarian regime where everyone exists like drones, lapping up every bit of advice from some government? You can have that all you like, but I won't be voting for it or supporting it.
    So are you saying the public should go to the airports and ports and block any coming in because the government cant be bothered arranging it, making sure Larry's meat workers get back from holidays in Brazil unheeded,

I'm really not sure how that is relevant but to answer.....

I have little to no interest in NI politics, a lot of my friends would hope for the peaceful resolution resulting in a united Ireland. Me, I rarely give it much/any thought. The concept barely registers with me

Will post this again

That's all well and good not having enough interest in all Ireland politics.

But you also compared the deliberate massacring of pensioners via orchestrated street bombings initiated by the IRA with comtemporary Free State government decisions?

What are you getting at exactly?

Using that logic we have a lot of mass murders running all of the countries in the World
    https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

you can use whatever logic you want and draw whatever conclusions you want

It is my opinion that the present government is responsible for 100s if not 1000s of unnecessary & completely avoidable deaths, not saying every Covid death, but many, many that did not have to happen

So are you saying the public should go to the airports and ports and block any coming in because the government cant be bothered arranging it, making sure Larry's meat workers get back from holidays in Brazil unheeded,

There is a difference between obeying the law and acting responsibly as a citizen.

The government can't wipe everyones' hole in the morning? Surely?

• Advertisement

But you also compared the deliberate massacring of pensioners via orchestrated street bombings initiated by the IRA with comtemporary Free State government decisions?

No I didn't, I'm asking why are some unnecessary deaths worthy of condemnation but others not? The government was warned repeatedly since February 2020 of the consequences of its actions / planned actions yet went ahead and took those actions anyhow resulting in "massacring of pensioners" if we want to try and manipulate with emotive language

As you appear to be well named I'll bow out having said my piece

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

you can use whatever logic you want and draw whatever conclusions you want

It is my opinion that the present government is responsible for 100s if not 1000s of unnecessary & completely avoidable deaths, not saying every Covid death, but many, many that did not have to happen

They are. Won't close the airports or not enforcing quarantine is like your house flooding and not turning off the mains cause the floor is already wet. Their stance alone is downplaying the seriousness of the situation we are in.

That's all well and good not having enough interest in all Ireland politics.

What are you getting at exactly?

FG happily supported loyalist killings, one of their old benefactors supplied them weapons, FG members colluded with loyalists in more than one murder possibly a lot more, they've acted hand in hand with organised criminals for decades blood on their hands from HepC and cervical cancer, covered for abusers in West Donegal for decades,

No I didn't

Yes you did.......
    Give it time, by the time this pandemic is over the government may well be to blame (IMO of course, I'm just some random nobody, but also in the opinions of a lot of scientific/medical experts) for more needless and avoidable deaths that the IRA ever was

You can bow out any time you like?

FG happily supported loyalist killings, one of their old benefactors supplied them weapons, FG members colluded with loyalists in more than one murder possibly a lot more, they've acted hand in hand with organised criminals for decades blood on their hands from HepC and cervical cancer, covered for abusers in West Donegal for decades,

Utter garbage.

Put the bottle away.

There is a difference between obeying the law and acting responsibly as a citizen.

The government can't wipe everyones' hole in the morning? Surely?

So allowing people with the Brazilian Covid into general population is fine by you, so you can have cheap horse burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    FFG have blood on their hands and hopefully going to be held accountable for it. They will be decimated and I mean decimated in the next election.

Well I guess, since the death rates in NI are higher, where SF are in government also means SF have more blood on their hands?

Am I right?

Utter garbage.

Put the bottle away.

FG members coluded in the murder of an elected councillor,

FG happily supported loyalist killings, one of their old benefactors supplied them weapons, FG members colluded with loyalists in more than one murder possibly a lot more, ,

Elaborate on this nonsense, please.

FG members coluded in the murder of an elected councillor,

Go on .... enlighten me.

Was it Alan Dukes, Mickey Noonan or Gary himself?

Go on, which one of those bad boys was it?

• Advertisement

You can bow out any time you like?

I will after this - seeing as you're still saying I said something I didn't and trying to quote out of context (you'll probably continue to do after this too, but anyway....)

Two organisations (the IRA and the current government) are responsible for what I think are needless deaths. You appeared to condemn one organisation but not the other. I condemn both. I didn't "compare" anything, you were the one who compared the means as to how both cohorts of needless deaths came about

Good evening

Go on .... enlighten me.

Was it Alan Dukes, Mickey Noonan or Gary himself?

Go on, which one of those bad boys was it?

Members ,not TDs, you know who I'm on about and I suspect you knew both the victim and the coluders

Members ,not TDs, you know who I'm on about and I suspect you knew both the victim and the coluders

No, I don't have any idea what you are on about. So, go tell us.

This is not the first time you have made up absolute lies either.

markodaly wrote: »
    Well I guess, since the death rates in NI are higher, where SF are in government also means SF have more blood on their hands?

Am I right?

DUP. FG buddies. Two parties putting the welfare of the entire island at stake.

I sincerely have no notion what you are on about.

My cards are on the table.

I think you are engaging in some sort of pathetic mud slinging exercise to be honest.

DUP. FG buddies. Two parties putting the welfare of the entire island at stake.

You didn't answer my question.

SF are in government with other parties.
    FG are in government with other parties.

If/When SF are in government here in the south, they will be in government with other parties....
    That is a given.

Anyway, by your logic, SF have more blood on their hands since more people have died per captia in the North than the South.
    Do you accept that?

If/When SF are in government here in the south, they will be in government with other parties....
    That is a given.

Anyway, by your logic, SF have more blood on their hands since more people have died per captia in the North than the South.
    Do you accept that?

Nope.

"If we weigh the North’s age-specific Covid mortality rates using the Republic’s population distribution (a process known as age adjustment), then Covid-19 mortality rate in the North is 35.6 per 100,000. Or if we did the reverse, the Republic’s age adjusted mortality rate would be 45.0 per 100,000"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/covid-19-how-northern-ireland-has-fared-better-than-the-republic-of-ireland-1.4351612%3fmode=amp

That is a given.

Do you accept that?

Also who are you to ask questions. Tell me. You support lockdowns costing billions and hundreds of deaths due to an inept government? You support lobbying by vested interest to allow transit of cheap labour in and out of the country during a pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Nope.

"If we weigh the North’s age-specific Covid mortality rates using the Republic’s population distribution (a process known as age adjustment), then Covid-19 mortality rate in the North is 35.6 per 100,000. Or if we did the reverse, the Republic’s age adjusted mortality rate would be 45.0 per 100,000"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/covid-19-how-northern-ireland-has-fared-better-than-the-republic-of-ireland-1.4351612%3fmode=amp

Got anything more recent than September?

• Advertisement

Nope.

LOL, a report from last SEPTEMBER!!!

Come off it, just do the Math on this. Today is the 21st of January 2021

1,671 deaths in NI
    2,818 deaths in the ROI

NI Population 1.885 million
    ROI Population 4.937 million

NI Deaths per million 886
    ROI Deaths per million 567

Its a FACT!

Then again, you think in economics you can have negative Market Caps..still waiting for that nugget of an explanation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement