Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,305 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Grow up, 1969 :D yous could march or have a memorial mass for the public if there wasn't a pandemic sure nothing stops SF from making all things possible.

What are you on about now Bish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

What are you on about now Bish?

I'm on about nothing Francie, just flashes in my head events during the pandemic that SF could control.
    So basically SF and their support base are as useless as everybody else and can't just magic up things like they are now expecting others to do, much criticised others even.
    You compared this to 69 is hilarious and it made my morning, good man:D

I'm on about nothing Francie, just flashes in my head events during the pandemic that SF could control.
    So basically SF and their support base are as useless as everybody else and can't just magic up things like they are now expecting others to do, much criticised others even.
    You compared this to 69 is hilarious and it made my morning, good man:D

SF cannot do it on their own...FF's sister party in NI fecking abstained in a vote FFS.

FG cannot do it on their own nor can FF or the Greens...when WE face an outside threat we need to unite in support of protections. I'll ask again, what have FF and FG and the Greens, the GOVERNING parties done to unite behind those who wish to protect the island?

The attitude (not to offend and doffing the hat to Unionists and Westminster) is exactly similar to 1969 when Irish people were also under threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

While I’m delighted that you obviously value my opinion, I’ll hold fire for now while I digest my breakfast. I might offer an opinion at a later stage. Then again, I might not. As either way, my opinion will be jumped upon and clarification of the minutiae is asking a bit much of my fragile brain this morning. Zoom birthday parties are great. No worries about getting home after a few drinks.

You mean in case the government does a u turn and you don't look a complete dope?

God lads yous, are all good for laying off the blame everywhere else.
    Tell your party up north to get off their arses and get the airports up there closed.
    Sure it's everybody else's fault God help yiz.

This is like a comment you'd read in the daily mail. Woeful stuff. The politics of can't.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    You mean in case the government does a u turn and you don't look a complete dope?

If the govt does what it does its doing something or at least trying.
    I'd look a complete dope?
    I've been following the medical advice all along, not the govt advice, I'm not whinging or moaning or blaming the govt for any of what happens, or doesn't with covid.
    If we all followed the medical advice and even the govt advice and didn't stray from it we'd be OK I'd say.

I've been following the medical advice all along, not the govt advice, I'm not whinging or moaning or blaming the govt for any of what happens, or doesn't with covid.
    If we all followed the medical advice and even the govt advice and didn't stray from it we'd be OK I'd say.

You are trying to block and censor those who do hold the government accountable for some of the problems.

Governments are and must be accountable, this is a democracy and you are trying to silence. You are also not afraid to point at one political party when it suits while claiming neutrality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

smurgen wrote: »

It's a discussion forum, people are wrong and right all the time. Why would anyone refer to someone as a "dope"?

You are trying to block and censor those who do hold the government accountable for some of the problems.

Governments are and must be accountable, this is a democracy and you are trying to silence. You are also not afraid to point at one political party when it suits while claiming neutrality.

:D:D you're looking for an echo chamber for your views.

How is anyone on a forum trying to censor others? unless it is a mod who is banning people who don't agree with their opinion.
    You are 100% right the government must be held accountable and at this stage it would be easier once the pandemic is over to bring the people back to the polls and let them vote.

• Advertisement

Sorry Smurge, I thought you were referring to me.
    But it's been said to me before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What about when the medical advice is to do one thing but not the other, and the government advice is to do both sure it'll be grand? - result? 1000s of cases (tens of 1000s)

If I go to my mechanic and he tells me I need a new clutch, but I'm in the chipper later and the fella serving me a burger tells me the car needs a gearbox replaced, who's advice do you think I should take?

So Bish, how would you square that circle?

How is anyone on a forum trying to censor others? unless it is a mod who is banning people who don't agree with their opinion.
    You are 100% right the government must be held accountable and at this stage it would be easier once the pandemic is over to bring the people back to the polls and let them vote.

The post I was responding to was trying to demean those who hold the government accountable as whingers and moaners.

Yet the same poster is well able to whinge and moan about other parties.

Not a leg to stand on frankly.

Are you Maryanne as that's who my post was at?
    Doing something is not good enough for a quick travelling virus. Doing something quickly is required. As michael ryan of the WHO said speed trumps perfection. He's been saying this since the start.

According to other thread it looks like the schools will be closed now till March

https://twitter.com/emma_okelly/status/1352945249421811712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1352945249421811712%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058147916page%3D82

The government slowly losing more supporters at this rate. Only option now is for the government to agree with teachers to close down till March and then work in summer. If that doesn't happen expect every parent to lose the plot over the next few weeks. Some already have of course.

Edit that should read "The government losing "all" supporters

McMurphy wrote: »
    What about when the medical advice is to do one thing but not the other, and the government advice is to do both sure it'll be grand? - result? 1000s of cases (tens of 1000s)

If I go to my mechanic and he tells me I need a new clutch, but I'm in the chipper later and the fella serving me a burger tells me the car needs a gearbox replaced, who's advice do you think I should take?

So Bish, how would you square that circle?

Christ, it gets better.
    Whose advice did I say I was following firstly.
    You can replace a clutch with a genuine or spurious one Mc, you can go to a dealership or a garage that does repairs some dodgy one even.
    I don't see the common denominator there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,187 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's a discussion forum, people are wrong and right all the time. Why would anyone refer to someone as a "dope"?

When they’ve lost the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

According to other thread it looks like the schools will be closed now till March

https://twitter.com/emma_okelly/status/1352945249421811712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1352945249421811712%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058147916page%3D82

The government slowly losing more supporters at this rate. Only option now is for the government to agree with teachers to close down till March and then work in summer. If that doesn't happen expect every parent to lose the plot over the next few weeks. Some already have of course.

Edit that should read "The government losing "all" supporters

The government and ministers have zero control here. The teachers unions and NPHET will decide. The government are only pretending to be in charge - and doing an extremely bad job of that. Foley and Madigan might as well go back into hiding. They have failed their briefs and only cause confusion/chaos now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Christ, it gets better.
    Whose advice did I say I was following firstly.

Did you forget posting this?

Many thousands of those who followed govt advice contracted the virus over the Christmas period bishop, because the govt advice contradicted the medical advice.

I don't know why you'd take exception to me questioning that, add it's an undeniable fact.

• Advertisement

So I take it those that said nothing could be done will now see fit to change their minds?

“You could be in quarantine until you get a test after five days that proves to be negative,” Mr ­­­­­Martin said.

It comes as UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson warned there was “some evidence” the UK strain of Covid, which accounts for 60pc of cases here, may also be up to 30pc more deadly.

Although the data is “uncertain”, the UK’s chief scientific adviser Patrick Vallance suggested that for a man in his 60s, the risk of death with the new variant is 13 in 1,000 rather than 10 in 1,000.

Mr Martin said new quarantining regulations would “be close to sealing off the country”, a major policy shift but he insisted essential travel would be permitted."

https://amp.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/micheal-martin-schools-will-not-fully-re-open-before-st-patricks-day-as-country-faces-tightening-of-restrictions-40001264.html?__twitter_impression=true

Did you forget posting this?

Many thousands of those who followed govt advice contracted the virus over the Christmas period bishop, because the govt advice contradicted the medical advice.

I don't know why you'd take exception to me questioning that, add it's an undeniable fact.

Twice today I've been accused of that.
    So yiz are looking for an echo chamber.
    When did I try to stop or object to anyone giving their opinion Mc.
    The regulations if they had been followed to the letter would have resulted in fewer cases, they weren't and that's a fact.

The regulations if they had been followed to the letter would have resulted in fewer cases, they weren't and that's a fact.

What regulations? Those proposed in November by NPHET the government ignored?

Fantastic point here made in my opinion. What were the government at the last 10 months?

https://twitter.com/TJRyan_77/status/1352966469198340101?s=19

I think there's a mix up in communication here bishop, as I'm not accusing you of anything, nor want an echo chamber.

You said - if people took the medical and govt advice there'd have been less cases.

Not so.

I'm stating the govt directly and deliberately went against medical expert advice, the results of them doing so undeniably led to tens of thousands of people catching and spreading the virus, and some poor souls even died.

What the problem here? What I posted is absolutely and undeniably true.

Jack Chambers eviserated by Katie Hannon askng the questions and Risin Shortall and Louise O'Reilly tearing strips of his travel restrictions argument reverts to...wait for it...the Storey funeral.
    Embarassing chaotic government.

I think there's a mix up in communication here bishop, as I'm not accusing you of anything, nor want an echo chamber.

You said - if people took the medical and govt advice there'd have been less cases.

Not so.

I'm stating the govt directly and deliberately went against medical expert advice, the results of them doing so undeniably led to tens of thousands of people catching and spreading the virus, and some poor souls even died.

What the problem here? What I posted is absolutely and undeniably true.

So people breaking the restrictions like gathering in bigger crowds than allowed, overcrowded pubs, family get togethers,overcrowded shops, travelling home from abroad and not self isolating etc etc had nothing to do with it where you live?
    Good on you all there.
    It happened here, still is btw in some cases.

So people breaking the restrictions like gathering in bigger crowds than allowed, overcrowded pubs, family get togethers,overcrowded shops, travelling home from abroad and not self isolating etc etc had nothing to do with it where you live?
    Good on you all there.
    It happened here, still is btw in some cases.

Breaking WHAT restrictions...restrictions were eased against NPHET advice.

Breaking WHAT restrictions...restrictions were eased against NPHET advice.
    They were eased and guidance issued as regards numbers Francie, those were broken ffs and still are being.
    Quit trying to say they weren't and aren't.

They were eased and guidance issued as regards numbers Francie, those were broken ffs and still are being.
    Quit trying to say they weren't and aren't.

Guidance was being broken when we got numbers down to 100-200 Bish. Guidance has always been broken.
    That wasn't the unique factor here, the unique factors was the FACT that government ignored the 'one or other but not both' advice.

• Advertisement

Guidance was being broken when we got numbers down to 100-200 Bish. Guidance has always been broken.
    That wasn't the unique factor here, the unique factors was the FACT that government ignored the 'one or other but not both' advice.

It's here, have a look.
    Restrictions were broken and still are, that's not govt fault, that's ordinary people's fault.
    Have a good evening.

https://amp.rte.ie/amp/1180966/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement