Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

An ever exposing world we live in.
    As time goes by and the Hurlers on the ditch get drawn in to the game it usually does expose their weakness.
    Some even have a weak game on the ditch, not management material, destined for ditch hurling.
    A lot happy with that too, make their living off of it, convince their listeners and advocators that because they can talk the game they should get something out of it.
    The manager and team out there playing the game, be it good or bad, while the ditchers talk away and pick up managers wages.

So what was your point you picked up off of Jingles post about cash? You never made a point, (neither did Jingles) just asked me questions.

Again I stated IMO people swung from FF to FG and back again. In 2020 the swing away was due to the numerous crises. If you disagree that's cula bula.
    There was/is a housing/homeless/health crises. Well documented and we broke records in areas such as child homelessness.

As usual I see a discussion on societal crises has turned on the poster and shinners and bombs...desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Again I stated IMO people swung from FF to FG and back again. In 2020 the swing away was due to the numerous crises. If you disagree that's cula bula.
    There was/is a housing/homeless/health crises. Well documented and we broke records in areas such as child homelessness.

As usual I see a discussion on societal crises has turned on the poster and shinners and bombs...desperate.

The issue now is where do these people swing to now that both FF and FG are in government and are jointly responsible?

Welcome to boards political discussion where someone will criticise the government the government supporters response will be yeah but what about the bombs and Northern Ireland rather than trying to defend the position as to why the government have gone a certain way and around and around we go. Oh yeah and if you hold a different opinion to those government parties then be prepared to be called a shinner even if you have never voted for them.

Floppybits wrote: »
    The issue now is where do these people swing to now that both FF and FG are in government and are jointly responsible?

Welcome to boards political discussion where someone will criticise the government the government supporters response will be yeah but what about the bombs and Northern Ireland rather than trying to defend the position as to why the government have gone a certain way and around and around we go. Oh yeah and if you hold a different opinion to those government parties then be prepared to be called a shinner even if you have never voted for them.

I think SF will do as good but I can't see them getting a majority any time soon. Too many self interested people to let FF/FG go despite what damage they do on the whole. I think FG picking up the slack left by FF and vice versa will continue but I also don't see FF/FG getting a majority any time soon. We'll likely have a mish mash next government.
    We need hear more from the like of the SD's, PBP etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I think SF will do as good but I can't see them getting a majority any time soon. Too many self interested people to let FF/FG go despite what damage they do on the whole. I think FG picking up the slack left by FF and vice versa will continue but I also don't see FF/FG getting a majority any time soon. We'll likely have a mish mash next government.

The two old dolls are unlikely to stand again for the SDs so that'll be more or less it for them, PBP would not be my thing and they'd make a lot of others nervous as well,

The two old dolls are unlikely to stand again for the SDs so that'll be more or less it for them, PBP would not be my thing and they'd make a lot of others nervous as well,

We need a change from the old guard. If 'dem others' get in for a spin in the least it will give FF/FG pause for thought and might have them look at policy instead of 'over there' and it might let the electorate know we don't need to have one or more of FF/FG in government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are correct, for “self interested” substitute ‘ those who look after themselves’ and realise that SF would ruin the country in no time flat.

Good call there JimBob..... you won’t hear from the Alphabets dude, all they are interested in is the wedge and sitting on the fence..... no hard work or decisions..... not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So what was your point you picked up off of Jingles post about cash? You never made a point, (neither did Jingles) just asked me questions.

If you see the shinners mentioned in MY last few posts it can only be yourself inserting shinner in there.

If you see the shinners mentioned in MY last few posts it can only be yourself inserting shinner in there.

By

I was showing a separation. I was speaking on the thread.

I note you've not addressed the portion that did relate to you.
    Were you just throwing up Cash to deflect?

By

I was showing a separation. I was speaking on the thread.

I note you've not addressed the portion that did relate to you.
    Were you just throwing up Cash to deflect?

Johnny or Margaret?
    Made my point in the post last night if you read it.
    Gaming or entitled, which is which. How does someone become entitled and how do you know whose entitled and whose gaming and isn't being entitled a bit of gaming even?
    Point today, if you can convince people you'll accept them as entitled and fight for their cause if they vote for you, then you're gaming.
    But you're the one picking up the cheque at the end of the day and your voters still aren't one more bit entitled.
    Its mad isn't it.

Johnny or Margaret?
    Made my point in the post last night if you read it.
    Gaming or entitled, which is which. How does someone become entitled and how do you know whose entitled and whose gaming and isn't being entitled a bit of gaming even?
    Point today, if you can convince people you'll accept them as entitled and fight for their cause if they vote for you, then you're gaming.
    But you're the one picking up the cheque at the end of the day and your voters still aren't one more bit entitled.
    Its mad isn't it.

So you genuinely meant Johnny Cash the singer was gaming the Irish housing system? It's highly unlikely Bish :rolleyes:

I mentioned the crises. A poster inquired about Margret Cash. You followed with three questions regarding Margret Cash and if there were more like her. You answered none of my questions.
    Gaming is using a system in place. Cash did nothing illegal did she? So technically she was entitled.
    You are using Margret Cash and an undefined anecdotal number of others to say what about the housing/child homeless crises exactly?
    The analogy to politicians stands; if I throw up Lowry or Haughey etc. (numerous others) can I argue against giving politicians any monetary responsibility? Or do we try tackle and police the system better?

My original point was rather than the traditional back and forth between FF/FG, some of the electorate went elsewhere, IMO, due to the record breaking crises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Usually you’ll find that those who “don’t care about picking up the check” are not contributing too much to the cheque.

So you genuinely meant Johnny Cash the singer was gaming the Irish housing system? It's highly unlikely Bish :rolleyes:

I mentioned the crises. A poster inquired about Margret Cash. You followed with three questions regarding Margret Cash and if there were more like her. You answered none of my questions.
    Gaming is using a system in place. Cash did nothing illegal did she? So technically she was entitled.
    You are using Margret Cash and an undefined anecdotal number of others to say what about the housing/child homeless crises exactly?
    The analogy to politicians stands; if I throw up Lowry or Haughey etc. (numerous others) can I argue against giving politicians any monetary responsibility? Or do we try tackle and police the system better?

My original point was rather than the traditional back and forth between FF/FG, some of the electorate went elsewhere, IMO, due to the record breaking crises.

Hardly forty shades of green Johnny now.
    A male name comparison just.
    Your opinion on why isn't necessarily right though that point is taken.
    It can be portrayed as that and loads of arguments that things could be better can be made.
    But going back to where we were 10 years ago it's a miracle we are where we are.
    But if you want to trap a chicken or pheasent, even though he is in a good feed field or yard, scatter a few seeds of oats along a dusty path he will follow that trail till he lands himself in your trap.

Anyone else get a hit on PAYE this week ?

I'm self employed RV, but I was talking to a lad earlier today said something about it, in a phone shop, he gets paid monthly.
    No conversation on it, but he said he got an extra hit this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

You will be waiting a while to get an answer around this forum
    Better off posting here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

He might be trying to make a point as well as asking.

Hardly forty shades of green Johnny now.
    A male name comparison just.
    Your opinion on why isn't necessarily right though that point is taken.
    It can be portrayed as that and loads of arguments that things could be better can be made.
    But going back to where we were 10 years ago it's a miracle we are where we are.
    But if you want to trap a chicken or pheasent, even though he is in a good feed field or yard, scatter a few seeds of oats along a dusty path he will follow that trail till he lands himself in your trap.

When you take generational debt and record breaking crises into account it's not. There's a big problem with folk looking at an element of how we are faring while ignoring other areas. That's why we were breaking records year on year IMO.

You've still not tackled my points or addressed the questions. No mind. Jingles didn't either.

Sorry I don't speak Bren.

He might be trying to make a point as well as asking.

Normally this thread is full of responses by the second, question about PAYE and tumbleweed. :P

Normally this thread is full of responses by the second, question about PAYE and tumbleweed. :P

This is you right?

I'm self employed RV, but I was talking to a lad earlier today said something about it, in a phone shop, he gets paid monthly.
    No conversation on it, but he said he got an extra hit this month.

Fortnightly, paid no heed on the earlier payday as Christmas has a mix of wages, holidays etc.., but todays was a good bit down, despite a payrise ,didnt think they'd upped anything in the budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The usual FFG cheerleaders in here pissing and moaning. Jasyis. Do ye lads do any work or is this work? They should really add management at the end of strategic communications unit. Would do much for the meaning but the acronym would be on point then.

smurgen wrote: »
    The usual FFG cheerleaders in here pissing and moaning. Jasyis. Do ye lads do any work or is this work? They should really add management at the end of strategic communications unit. Would do much for the meaning but the acronym would be on point then.

Top posters on this thread.
    FrancieBrady 817
    James Brown 678
    smurgen 536

FrancieBrady 817
    James Brown 678
    smurgen 536

Part 1? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

FrancieBrady 817
    James Brown 678
    smurgen 536

Lol that blew back badly

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Lol that blew back badly

Era best not to mention the other threads those that go bump in the night. Some truly disgruntled folk about!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Era best not to mention the other threads those that go bump in the night. Some truly disgruntled folk about!

What threads are they exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FrancieBrady 817
    James Brown 678
    smurgen 536

We have had great ammunition to be fair and their antics are very very very hard to defend. Even Blanch gives up :D

Most enjoyable government in decades. They've made the lockdowns fly by ;) Can you believe that Golfgate was only 5 months ago?

May they have many more months of it! Who knew the end of Civil War politics would be so rewarding...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Which ones specifically smurg? We can take a look at the number of posts per poster in those ones too, to see has too much spare time in their hands :)

We have had great ammunition to be fair and their antics are very very very hard to defend. Even Blanch gives up :D

Most enjoyable government in decades. They've made the lockdowns fly by ;) Can you believe that Golfgate was only 5 months ago?

May they have many more months of it! Who knew the end of Civil War politics would be so rewarding...

I don't see the problem with posting about FF/FG/Greens in the FF/FG/Green thread. Interesting the way discussing government is 'not cool' with some lobbyists despite the thread title. I would have thought supporters of FF/FG/Greens would be all over talking up their teams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,655 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Why are we discussing other posters instead of the thread topic?

Back on topic please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement