Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I don't see the problem with posting about FF/FG/Greens in the FF/FG/Green thread. Interesting the way discussing government is 'not cool' with some lobbyists despite the thread title. I would have thought supporters of FF/FG/Greens would be all over talking up their teams.

I think the mistake many make is that it isn't a football match. I don't treat politics like its Liverpool vs Man United. Some do, but I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Truly pathetic from the cans in the park lad. In any professional setting he'd have been sacked. What a joke he's become.

https://twitter.com/ronanduffy_/status/1354763424941690882?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

smurgen wrote: »
    Truly pathetic from the cans in the park lad. In any professional setting he'd have been sacked. What a joke he's become.

https://twitter.com/ronanduffy_/status/1354763424941690882?s=19

The fuppin' north again. He should be told were to go.
    Imagine you don't support SF and can't afford to buy or rent. How is his 'up north' ****e talk explaining or helping? Useless.
    Shinner on radio today said they don't support building apartments people can't afford. I can see that.
    FG are cool with that because it enriches private enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Imagine you don't support SF and can't afford to buy or rent. How is his 'up north' ****e talk explaining or helping? Useless.
    Shinner on radio today said they don't support building apartments people can't afford. I can see that.

How many empty unaffordable apartments are out there?

Interesting report on making us a zero covid society.
    It seem that aspiration is out the window says nphet.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/turning-us-into-a-zero-covid-island-cannot-be-done-says-nphet-boss-40025132.html

It is an utterly false promise and the opposition are clearly gaming the covid situation for political gain.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/it-is-an-utterly-false-promise-nphet-rejects-zero-covid-strategy-as-impractical-and-risky-1.4470532?mode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

So if SF built 200,000 apartments which are affordable in Naas, Navan or Enfield then everyone would be happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

MM intends to go to Washington for St Patrick's day. I mean I find the whole thing embarrassing anyway but going during lockdown is just ridiculous. Zoom call the f*cker, it's not like JB isn't enamoured with Ireland anyway.

MM intends to go to Washington for St Patrick's day. I mean I find the whole thing embarrassing anyway but going during lockdown is just ridiculous. Zoom call the f*cker, it's not like JB isn't enamoured with Ireland anyway.

I have to say I agree on that.
    But the great man mightnt get the chance again he is afraid I'd say.
    But if he goes it's stupid.

Will he be in job next year? probably not so it will be his only chance
    Shouldn't be going and another stupid decision by government

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

At this point all I can do is sigh and :rolleyes:
    A Cork-based seafood company knew about impending regulations which would seek negative Covid tests from Irish truckers travelling to France a week before the Government did...

...Meanwhile, a Wexford TD has criticised the Government's lack of preparation for the move, which she warned in early January was imminent.

Verona Murphy wrote to the Taoiseach on January 2 to ask what plans were in place for France imposing a Covid-19 test requirement on Irish hauliers.

In an email seen by the Irish Examiner, Ms Murphy told Micheál Martin she wanted to express concerns “on the very real potential of supply chain disruption if we do not immediately introduce antigen testing at our ports".

"The Taoiseach wrote back on January 8 to say that that wasn't required and that it wouldn't be happening. And here we are on January 27, and it's badly organised if organised at all,” said Ms Murphy, a former head of the Irish Road Haulage Association.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40216388.html

In the great scheme of things we are quite a good little country, we certainly punch way above our weight internationally. Imagine the country we could have if we stopped electing donkeys?
    Decades of donkeys.

• Advertisement

Top posters on this thread.
    FrancieBrady 817
    James Brown 678
    smurgen 536

Stop the count. I demand a recount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Will he be in job next year? probably not so it will be his only chance
    Shouldn't be going and another stupid decision by government

Journal comments trying to spin it that American multinationals will pull out if Micky doesn't show up with a bowl of side salad, Teri had a late night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Where has this been confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Where has this been confirmed?

There's conflicting reports on this, I would like to think, with the hundreds of thousands of people furloughed/out of work, and millions of us under lock down he has the gumption to at least delay heading off to wet his shamrock with Joe.

The optics would be terrible, but Michaels ego would survive despite the ding in it.

Journal comments trying to spin it that American multinationals will pull out if Micky doesn't show up with a bowl of side salad, Teri had a late night

Do you think insulting the national flower of Ireland is funny?
    He shouldn't go but I can see nothing new in the press to suggest he is or isn't going, just an article from 15th of Jan which says the virus will dictate if he does go. Maybe you have seen something else?

US companies don't care about the St Patrick day shindig, they do care if we change our corporate tax.

Do you think insulting the national flower of Ireland is funny?
    He shouldn't go but I can see nothing new in the press to suggest he is or isn't going, just an article from 15th of Jan which says the virus will dictate if he does go. Maybe you have seen something else?

US companies don't care about the St Patrick day shindig, they do care if we change our corporate tax.

Its a clover, not a flower and variations can be used in salad, wheres the insult? I'm only saying what theyre spinning, only the messenger here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

McMurphy wrote: »
    There's conflicting reports on this, I would like to think, with the hundreds of thousands of people furloughed/out of work, and millions of us under lock down he has the gumption to at least delay heading off to wet his shamrock with Joe.

The optics would be terrible, but Michaels ego would survive despite the ding in it.

So that's a no then?

I agree the optics would be poor if he were to go, but there's nothing to get outraged about until he's sighted with a boarding pass in hand

Its a clover, not a flower and variations can be used in salad, wheres the insult? I'm only saying what theyre spinning, only the messenger here

I never seen anyone before refer to the national emblem as a "bowl of side salad"
    Insult the government all you want, they deserve it but stop insulting Irish people.

I never seen anyone before refer to the national emblem as a "bowl of side salad"
    Insult the government all you want, they deserve it but stop insulting Irish people.

As an Irish person I feel no insult when a person makes an unkind reference to a plant.
    It's not like anyone suggested it be sliced finely, added to a saucepan with sliced carrots, onions, and celery (while dubbed with a fancy French term -mirepoix) and then gently sweated to be used as the base for soup.
    The Welsh must be furious at this insult to them and their national leeks.

Seriously, of all the things to get worked up about at the moment I have to say that strikes me as not even in the ballpark.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    As an Irish person I feel no insult when a person makes an unkind reference to a plant.
    It's not like anyone suggested it be sliced finely, added to a saucepan with sliced carrots, onions, and celery (while dubbed with a fancy French term -mirepoix) and then gently sweated to be used as the base for soup.
    The Welsh must be furious at this insult to them and their national leeks.

Seriously, of all the things to get worked up about at the moment I have to say that strikes me as not even in the ballpark.

Who is getting worked up?
    National flower of Wales is Daffodil.

• Advertisement

At this point all I can do is sigh and :rolleyes:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40216388.html

In the great scheme of things we are quite a good little country, we certainly punch way above our weight internationally. Imagine the country we could have if we stopped electing donkeys?
    Decades of donkeys.

So the electorate are stupid, at least that's my read of that post?

Do you need a Kango hammer? You've scraped that far below the bottom of the barrel the bedrock must be close,

So that's a no then?

I agree the optics would be poor if he were to go, but there's nothing to get outraged about until he's sighted with a boarding pass in hand

Both Foster and McNeill have already stated they will not go.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40216484.html

Martin, as usual, is not reading the room and appears to be waiting until the last minute to decide giving the impression he hopes to go as this is his one opportunity to get a me and Mr President photo for the mantlepiece.

How else would you explain the like of the Healy Rae's, Ming, Mick Wallace, Biffo, Maria Bailey and Daddy of course etc etc. The list goes on.

How else would you explain the like of the Healy Rae's, Ming, Mick Wallace, Biffo, Maria Bailey and Daddy of course etc etc. The list goes on.

Local issues perhaps. Most politics is local.
    Probably all good for their localities, if not them then their party's.
    Ming got in on turf cutting, the Healy Raes, go to kerry, the best thing out.
    Some are protest votes against particular party's even.
    The post i responded to was about governing party's and politicians.
    So do you reckon every voter is stupid or just the ones who don't vote for who you like?

Have the electorate continually voted for parties who engaged in boom/bust economic followed by austerity policies? Check.
    Has the electorate voted for TDs based on their party/surname? Check.
    Did the electorate vote for Haughey, Ahern, Burke, Lowry, etc etc? Check.
    Has the electorate continued to vote for the parties who oversaw Magdalene Laundries, Industrial Schools, Mother and Baby Homes, spiralling homelessness, Healthcare crises, the Banking crash, etc etc etc? Check.

The evidence would suggest there exists a significant cogitative deficiency in a section of the electorate but go ahead and get insulted on their collective behalf if you wish, beats being insulted on behalf of a mutant clover.

So that's a no then?

It's only a no if you want it to be a no, but I didn't suggest he was going anyway, that's not on me.

There - are - conflicting - reports.

Some reports are saying he is going, some are saying he isn't, some are saying it's not decided yet.

Anyone claiming either of the three scenarios are technically correct I suppose.

Most people tend to agree that he shouldn't be going at least.

Have the electorate continually voted for parties who engaged in boom/bust economic followed by austerity policies? Check.
    Has the electorate continued to vote for the parties who oversaw Magdalene Laundries, Industrial Schools, Mother and Baby Homes, spiralling homelessness, Healthcare crises, the Banking crash, etc etc etc? Check.

The evidence would suggest there exists a significant cogitative deficiency in a section of the electorate but go ahead and get insulted on their collective behalf if you wish, beats being insulted on behalf of a mutant clover.

So it's not the politicians, we vote for that are the donkeys then is it, its us?

Oh please.

As an Irish person I couldn't give a fùck what someone refers to "our national flower" as, and to suggest it's "insulting Irish people" is, well, quite frankly looking for something to be outraged by.

I'd bet you take all the yanks referring to our patrons Saint day "Saint patty's day" with equal shock horror.

Pearl clutcher extraordinaire.

• Advertisement

If we are looking into parties pasts then what are the alternatives? None of the current parties have a clean past do you not agree?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement