Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They defended Tuam, anything goes

TBF, being complicit in, covering for, putting up information road blocks and trying to whitewash, isn't defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442
    Eu unilaterally without consultation with Irish government,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I’ll add another one

blah blah blah blah.

Complete rubbish.

What part Brendi? Very angry again. This government are really getting to ya not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Except that is not what I said.
    A more correct interpretation would be they they have a pre-conditioned blindspot where they cannot see there is an alternative.

OK, lets go through them.

SF - The main alternative, their record in the North is atrocious, they have huge question marks of transparency and their violent past, never mind many of their supporters resemble the Trump MAGA types. Utterly populist and shameless.
    PBP/SOL - LOL, the day these people are interested in government is the day, the Pope is an atheist.
    Labour - I think they did an OK job, last time out but still hated. Proof that senior hurling is hard!
    SD - Perhaps the best of the lot, but totally unproven and can they stomach the harder decisions?
    Independents - Healy-Rae types, enough said.

That is your 'alternative' at the moment.

Say the next government is SF + SD + Labour and probably a few indo's.....things won't change all that much, except for the fact many left-wingers will be disappointed that there is no pot of gold behind the rainbow.

They defended Tuam, anything goes

Where did they defend Tuam, exactly?

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    OK, lets go through them.

SF - The main alternative, their record in the North is atrocious, they have huge question marks of transparency and their violent past, never mind many of their supporters resemble the Trump MAGA types. Utterly populist and shameless.
    PBP/SOL - LOL, the day these people are interested in government is the day, the Pope is an atheist.
    Labour - I think they did an OK job, last time out but still hated. Proof that senior hurling is hard!
    SD - Perhaps the best of the lot, but totally unproven and can they stomach the harder decisions?
    Independents - Healy-Rae types, enough said.

That is your 'alternative' at the moment.

Say the next government is SF + SD + Labour and probably a few indo's.....things won't change all that much, except for the fact many left-wingers will be disappointed that there is no pot of gold behind the rainbow.

FF: Crooked, crony aided and abetted FG in overseeing year on year record breaking crises. Wasteful with tax payer money, Helped usher in a historic crash and generational debt. Have a violent past. Covered for, assisted with and continue to white wash the Mother and Baby homes horrors and their investigations.

FG: Crooked, crony and over saw year on year record breaking crises. Wasteful with tax payer money, aren't held to account even when caught slipping confidential document to a pal. Have a violent and fascist past, looked after their own with a costly quango when the public suffered through austerity. Covered for and assisted with and continued to white wash the Mother and Baby homes horrors and their investigations.

Making hard decisions that result in death and debt isn't anything to pat themselves on the back about.

The 'what ifs' and 'maybes' of the mostly untested opposition pales in comparison. Also SF's role in the satellite Westminster has the final shout partnership of Stormont is not an honest comparison.

I'd take SD/SF/PBP/Indos any day.

FF: Crooked, crony aided and abetted FG in overseeing year on year record breaking crises. Wasteful with tax payer money, Helped usher in a historic crash and generational debt. Have a violent past. Covered for, assisted with and continue to white wash the Mother and Baby homes horrors and their investigations.

FG: Crooked, crony and over saw year on year record breaking crises. Wasteful with tax payer money, aren't held to account even when caught slipping confidential document to a pal. Have a violent and fascist past, looked after their own with a costly quango when the public suffered through austerity. Covered for and assisted with and continued to white wash the Mother and Baby homes horrors and their investigations.

Making hard decisions that result in death and debt isn't anything to pat themselves on the back about.

The 'what ifs' and 'maybes' of the mostly untested opposition pales in comparison. Also SF's role in the satellite Westminster has the final shout partnership of Stormont is not an honest comparison.

Sadly, they had no notion of forming a government. They had the chance and blew it. Left it to FF, FG & Greens to step into the void.

Oh, I know you would, but as I said, you will be disappointed.

Sadly, they had no notion of forming a government. They had the chance and blew it. Left it to FF, FG & Greens to step into the void.

It was disappointing we got stuck with FF/FG certainly. However the numbers weren't there. Who knew FG would go in with the party 'practically had us eating out of bins' or were like 'putting John Delaney in charge of finance'? Or MM would flip on going into a 'grand coalition' with FG? The voters certainly didn't.

Oh, I know you would, but as I said, you will be disappointed.

I'd be disappointed if they behaved like FF/FG. Like I'm disappointed in Labour and the Greens.

• Advertisement

I'd be disappointed if they behaved like FF/FG. Like I'm disappointed in Labour and the Greens.

Then you will be disappointed! :D:D

Just look at the North for inspiration of 'New SF' politics. :cool:

FF 40k debt for every man woman and child in the country from the bank bailout. And Leo said giving them the keys to the country would be like putting john delaney back in control of the FAI yet he done just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

It was disappointing we got stuck with FF/FG certainly. However the numbers weren't there. Who knew FG would go in with the party 'practically had us eating out of bins' or were like 'putting John Delaney in charge of finance'. Or MM would flip on going in with FG? The voters certainly didn't.

I said this on the other thread.

Mary Lou and Sinn Fein have no problem slagging off all the parties in government. Yet in Feb/March last year Sinn Fein & Mary Lou was begging them to talk to them and form a government. Those parties haven't changed, its the same politicians yet we have Sinn Fein slagging them off daily and how terrible they are.
    What would you do if Sinn Fein and lets say FF went into government together? would all of the FF politicians be as terrible as SF are saying now?

Where did they defend Tuam, exactly?

Prone= FG,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Sadly, they had no notion of forming a government. They had the chance and blew it.

There was no chance. The formation of a non-FF/FG SF-led government would have required the support of some of the Healy-Rea/Lowry-type Indos, which was never going to happen.

smurgen wrote: »
    FF 40k debt for every man woman and child in the country from the bank bailout. And Leo said giving them the keys to the country would be like putting john delaney back in control of the FAI yet he done just that.

There was some old FG senator on the Tonight show few weeks ago, Dimmer than a 5 watt bulb bumming the load about how FG saved the country from bankruptcy while in the same breath praising the FF/FG government, expect his carer took him back to the home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mary Lou and Sinn Fein have no problem slagging off all the parties in government. Yet in Feb/March last year Sinn Fein & Mary Lou was begging them to talk to them and form a government. Those parties haven't changed, its the same politicians yet we have Sinn Fein slagging them off daily and how terrible they are.
    What would you do if Sinn Fein and lets say FF went into government together? would all of the FF politicians be as terrible as SF are saying now?

I posted this quote in the other thread and you never acknowledged it.

Some folk** seem to have had a different opinion or were posting stuff that directly contradicted this a while ago.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »

To form a government SF need to talk to parties, so far they have talked to RTÉ and nobody else, they have zero interest. This is clear to any person that’s not ranting and raving

SF manifesto is a pile of poo, nothing can be delivered so SF are holding back hoping that FF/FG do form a government and they will throw s**t for the next 5 years

**Obviously not implying you posted that, and are now posting the opposite, just to be contrariann and act the maggot, as you're a new account and all.

There was some old FG senator on the Tonight show few weeks ago, Dimmer than a 5 watt bulb bumming the load about how FG saved the country from bankruptcy while in the same breath praising the FF/FG government, expect his carer took him back to the home

Terminal amnesia. Lots of it going around in FFG circles. Keep forgetting they're in government and not opposition parties. Hurlers on the pitch longing for the ditch :)

McMurphy wrote: »
    I posted this quote in the other thread and you never acknowledged it.

Some folk** seem to have had a different opinion or were posting stuff that directly contradicted this a while ago.

**Obviously not implying you posted that, and are now posting the opposite, just to be contrariann and act the maggot, as you're a new account and all.

Thought Sheffy was the other one girls name

Know of 3 nursing homes with multiple Covid cases , one is a HSE facility, countrywide is likely the same

• Advertisement

Prone= FG,

Eh, no.

Terry Prone is not a FG TD, I don't even think she is a member.
    So, that is just fake news right there.

So, again, tell us how FG, the organisation, defended Tuam.

Otherwise, you are just caught spoofing and lying.

Eh, no.

Every FG press release goes through her she's yours, own it
    Sons a member which is another story

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Eh, no.

Wasn't it you that argued for days, literally, that Seamus Woulfe wasn't a member either.

Now, assuming it was indeed you.....

How'd that end up going for you mark?

Every FG press release goes through her she's yours, own it
    Sons a member which is another story

So, now you are saying something different completely.

Prone being a PR hire for FG does not equal to
    a) FG defending what happened in Tuam
    b) Prone being a member of FG
    c) Prone dictating policy of FG

McMurphy wrote: »
    Wasn't it you that argued for days, literally, that Seamus Woulfe wasn't a member either.

Now, assuming it was indeed you.....

How'd that end up going for you mark?

I was wrong.

That does not mean that every Tom, Dick or Harry or villain that people don't like are 'members' of a political party.

Are you saying Terry Prone is a) a member of FG and b) she dictates policy for FG c) FG explicitly defended the actions of what happened in Tuam?

Or are you just bored.

FG = Prone ,Prone =FG own your (in this case literally)****

You don't seem to understand how the north works. Also worst case scenario they'll behave like FF/FG...but we know FF/FG will behave like FF/FG. *smiley face emoji*

If folk support FF/FG and all they do, not only vote for them, support them, then they support covering up for the mother and baby homes and the whitewash report IMO. Also they’re cool with politicians slipping confidential docs to pals. And just dandy with record breaking crises.

But yeah the others could be worse but I can't see how.

Don't recall SF begging FG. I recall the SD's telling FG and FF to get ****ed.
    If SF went in with FF they'd lose my vote, unless maybe FF were the Green/Labour type government mudguard. In other words did what they were told.
    Currently we have FF/FG having done just that. So where do you stand on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Some of the early morning musings on this thread are good entertainment anyway. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement