Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    So, now you are saying something different completely.

Prone being a PR hire for FG does not equal to
    a) FG defending what happened in Tuam
    b) Prone being a member of FG
    c) Prone dictating policy of FG

She's more or less a FG employee. Francis Fitzgerald's bestie back in the day and paid her over 50k in two years.Seems to be such a sore point that they don't even like admitting to communication with her. Will tell ya how low an opinion people have of her.

https://twitter.com/kenfoxe/status/1030192857179664384?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Don't recall SF begging FG. I recall the SD's telling FG and FF to get ****ed.
    If SF went in with FF they'd lose my vote, unless maybe FF were the Green/Labour type government mudguard. In other words did what they were told.
    Currently we have FF/FG having done just that. So where do you stand on that?

You voted SF in 2020, they wanted to join with FF and would be in government with FF now as partners, only for FF to say no. So SF took your vote and used it to try get a deal with FF. So based on your comment SF should have lost your vote now?

It was disappointing we got stuck with FF/FG certainly. However the numbers weren't there. Who knew FG would go in with the party 'practically had us eating out of bins' or were like 'putting John Delaney in charge of finance'? Or MM would flip on going into a 'grand coalition' with FG? The voters certainly didn't.

The numbers were there. The will wasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The numbers were there. The will wasn’t.

Nope. Here's an article about the situation in the aftermath of last year's election
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/is-a-sinn-f%C3%A9in-led-coalition-of-the-left-still-possible-1.4181210
    In theory, a Sinn Féin-led minority or majority government not involving Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil is possible. A Dáil majority is 80 and the two Civil War parties have 72 seats between them.

In practice, getting every non-Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael TD – including Independent deputies of wildly different political philosophies – to either support a Sinn Féin-led government or abstain in Dáil votes to allow it take office, is impossible.

Nope. Here's an article about the situation in the aftermath of last year's election
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/is-a-sinn-f%C3%A9in-led-coalition-of-the-left-still-possible-1.4181210

In theory, it was possible. However, SF didn’t bother responding to approaches from PBP and who knows who else!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Loaf, it wouldn't matter if you were to post substantiated facts complete with links on here one million times

People will still continue to run with the same nonsense.

Black is white and night is day with some of them.

It was possible, but Sinn Fein the political party seemed to want to ignore every other part except FF/FG/Green, from everything we have seen from Mary Lou etc these are the parties they approached to form a government

I just find it hilarious the Sinn Fein supporters now spend their lives slagging off the parties and saying how terrible they are, yet if any of them said yes to Sinn Fein last year we would have the same supporters now trying to tell us how brilliant they are. Stephen Donnelly would be the best Health Minister in the Universe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Loaf, it wouldn't matter if you were to post substantiated facts complete with links on here one million times

People will still continue to run with the same nonsense.

Black is white and night is day with some of them.

From memory the election was in February, the new Govt wasn't formed till early summer.
    There was a lot of toing and froing.
    SF were critical of everyone, they started a not my taoiseach campaign against the caretaker govt.
    There was three months of negotiations and their only real response was to decry that they were being left out, protests and online crying sessions.
    Sinn Féin did what they do best, whinged, they and their supporters are still at it.
    There is a majority govt out of the situation FF/FG/Greens.
    If sinn féin had been included it would have been more or less the same,remove FG most likely option.
    So basically not much difference except two FFs and Greens.
    A recipe for certain disaster.

From memory the election was in February, the new Govt wasn't formed till early summer.
    SF were critical of everyone, they started a not my taoiseach campaign against the caretaker govt.
    There was three months of negotiations and there only real response was to decry that they were being left out, protests and online crying sessions.
    Sinn Féin did what they do best, whinged, they and their supporters are still at it.
    If sinn féin had been included it would have been more or less the same,remove FG most likely option.

100% right. Even at the last few mins of the election the talk was of a FF/SF government and probably another party. As SF went to Greens first off you would have to expect they would be favourites to form a government with the other two
    So we would have a FF/SF/Greens government.
    Would that have made a difference in the last 12 months?

There was three months of negotiations and their only real response was to decry that they were being left out, protests and online crying sessions.

They called for a unity government in time of crisis. FG opposed. They played politics with the pandemic.3k deaths later they're still at it. Joesepha trying desperately to associate herself with the vaccine for example.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1355174878731763716?s=19

• Advertisement

Sorry let's discuss this particular line before moving on, do you have a source for this bish?

The Shinners initiated the "not my Taoiseach campaign", really?

Did you actually just put your username to that?

Goalposts to be moved in 1........2........3.........

This is a worrying development. The testimony of survivors being obscured after showing immense bravery. I would love to know the logic here.

"The destruction of audio recordings of the personal interviews given by survivors of mother and baby homes has been described as "thwarting of natural justice".

Survivors believe their stories, which they say are not reflected in the recently published report, will never be properly told as recordings of the accounts they gave to the Mother and Baby Home Commission of Investigation have been destroyed."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217090.html?type=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The EU triggered Article 16 and didn't even bother to tell the Government here about it, Thomas Byrne was like the EUs pet gimp on Sky News this morning trying to explain it away.

The Brits are really showing the EU up with the speed of their ordering and roll out of the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

smurgen wrote: »
    This is a worrying development. The testimony of survivors being obscured after showing immense bravery. I would love to know the logic here.

"The destruction of audio recordings of the personal interviews given by survivors of mother and baby homes has been described as "thwarting of natural justice".

Survivors believe their stories, which they say are not reflected in the recently published report, will never be properly told as recordings of the accounts they gave to the Mother and Baby Home Commission of Investigation have been destroyed."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217090.html?type=amp

This government is making a complete shambles of the Mother and Baby home inquiry and justice for the survivors, victims and thousands of deceased children buried inappropriately. Hard to fathom what they are at. Greens must be furious internally. In one way I am happy the survivors are getting so much media attention but the failure to bring justice will haunt the perma government parties (FG + FF) for a long time. They look as bad as the religious orders now. Shame on them.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217090.html
    The destruction of audio recordings of the personal interviews given by survivors of mother and baby homes has been described as "thwarting of natural justice".

Survivors believe their stories, which they say are not reflected in the recently published report, will never be properly told as recordings of the accounts they gave to the Mother and Baby Home Commission of Investigation have been destroyed.

Raising serious questions as to why the audio was so quickly wiped, co-founder of the Adoption Rights Alliance Susan Lohan said:

It adds fuel to a widely held view that this report was at best a whitewash and at worse a cover-up.I would see this as a corruption of a really important witness testimony."

As ever, please email your local FFG TDs and ask them what they are playing at.

They called for a unity government in time of crisis. FG opposed. They played politics with the pandemic.3k deaths later they're still at it. Joesepha trying desperately to associate herself with the vaccine for example.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1355174878731763716?s=19

What is she like? Take care of the children with special needs i.e. your job.
    The entire FG party are more concerned with image than action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She's more or less a FG employee. Francis Fitzgerald's bestie back in the day and paid her over 50k in two years.Seems to be such a sore point that they don't even like admitting to communication with her. Will tell ya how low an opinion people have of her.

https://twitter.com/kenfoxe/status/1030192857179664384?s=19

Frances forgetting or missing communications again :rolleyes:

You voted SF in 2020, they wanted to join with FF and would be in government with FF now as partners, only for FF to say no. So SF took your vote and used it to try get a deal with FF. So based on your comment SF should have lost your vote now?

Amongst others.
    I'd lose respect but I might give them a vote depending on how FF were used.
    Where do you stand on FF/FG saying they defo wouldn't go into a grand coalition and then doing so?
    Its good etiquette to answer a question before turning it back.

In theory, it was possible. However, SF didn’t bother responding to approaches from PBP and who knows who else!

In theory Varadkar could join PBP :rolleyes:

A
    Where do you stand on FF/FG saying they defo wouldn't go into a grand coalition and then doing so?.

Fine Gael didn't rule it out

Varadkar opens door to grand coalition with Fianna Fáil

• Advertisement

It was possible, but Sinn Fein the political party seemed to want to ignore every other part except FF/FG/Green, from everything we have seen from Mary Lou etc these are the parties they approached to form a government

I just find it hilarious the Sinn Fein supporters now spend their lives slagging off the parties and saying how terrible they are, yet if any of them said yes to Sinn Fein last year we would have the same supporters now trying to tell us how brilliant they are. Stephen Donnelly would be the best Health Minister in the Universe :P

Commenting on the FF/FG/Green ****show.
    How do you know? Don't tar everyone with the same FG/FF apologist brush.

The real question is how badly FF and FG handled the months of government negotiations. They came out of it with a cabinet that has been mauled time and time again (4 ministers for Agriculture!) and they literally had a different crisis every other week after government formation primarily because they did not seem capable of communicating with each other or the public. It was astounding to watch. The media could not keep up. They just looked clueless and startled from Day 1 and it reach a peak in Clifden when they lost all public confidence. Amazing really.

MM said no prior to election Varadkar said having FF in would be like putting John Delaney in charge of finance, before the election.

Varadkar said having FF in would be like putting John Delaney in charge of finance, before the election.

Not the same thing

Not the same thing

It half is ;)
    My point was folk who voted FF didn't vote FG and vice versa. **** happens. No biggy.

They ran/run campaigns on how bad each other are. Now they've only got the shinners. The next election will be very interesting as they try campaign on their differences. I expect some dead person and their family will be used in the headlines to give SF a black eye too.

It half is ;)
    My point was folk who voted FF didn't vote FG and vice versa. **** happens. No biggy.

They ran/run campaigns on how bad each other are. Now they've only got the shinners. The next election will be very interesting as they try campaign on their differences. I expect some dead person and their family will be used in the headlines to give SF a black eye too.

Sad pathetic post.

Sad pathetic post.

Coming from the author of this, which was a reply to a very well thought out and written post, that's some irony bish.
    Blah blah blah.

And when you're ready you might get that link I asked of you earlier.

Here it is again, in case you missed it horse.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Sorry let's discuss this particular line before moving on, do you have a source for this bish?

The Shinners initiated the "not my Taoiseach campaign", really?

Did you actually just put your username to that?

Goalposts to be moved in 1........2........3.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Sad pathetic post.

Its not untrue, pet gutter journalist flashing the cheque book to every neer do well in Cavan/Monaghan,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

It half is ;)

Rest assured that those who get up early will be there to ensure the Shinners get nowhere near power.

I think they know the lads from the whins and heather are the bhoys in charge and call the shots(no pun intended).

Won’t allow thaaaaat.........".;)

• Advertisement

Its not untrue, pet gutter journalist flashing the cheque book to every neer do well in Cavan/Monaghan,

Yep, sad and pathetic, just like that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement