Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

MM said no prior to election Varadkar said having FF in would be like putting John Delaney in charge of finance, before the election.

The problem for Martin was that he was expecting to get between 50 or 60 seats in the election and based on those numbers he was ruling out FG and SF because he thought it would need between 20 or 30 seats and he could probably get that between Lab, Greens and Soc Dems.

Then when the election results came in and the seat tally was nowhere near what he expected he had to go cap in hand to FG and they screwed him over in the negotiations and since the start of this government all FG have done is undermine Martin and FF every chance they have got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yep, sad and pathetic, just like that one.

So a tabloid hack isn't wheeled out every election to do a hatchet job on whoever FG consider a threat, the fact he got his ass handed to him on Claire Byrne the last time ,was funny, same guy who tried to discredit Maurice McCabe,

A lot if older FF voters and quite a few FF TDs expected an SF/FF coalition with a few rural gene pool independa nts of both parties, the current coalition with the woeful and the woke wasnt on anyone's wish list

A lot if older FF voters and quite a few FF TDs expected an SF/FF coalition with a few rural gene pool independa nts of both parties, the current coalition with the woeful and the woke wasnt on anyone's wish list

I do wonder if FF had finished 10 to 15 seats above SF would they have formed a coalition with them instead of FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Sad pathetic post.

To be fair that's the usual response from someone who isn't able to counter the argument ;)

He makes a fair point and I think you know that.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

It half is ;)
    My point was folk who voted FF didn't vote FG and vice versa. **** happens. No biggy.

They ran/run campaigns on how bad each other are. Now they've only got the shinners.

Both were far more hostile to SF than they were to each other. In fact the worst allegation either could throw at the other was they were willing to do a deal with SF. I think it would be legitimate for Martin to say it would have been a bigger betrayal of his voters to go into government with SF, given how loudly he had lambasted that party over so many years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sad pathetic post.

From the man who accused me of a campaign against Roderick O'Gorman and refuses to withdraw that claim despite zero evidence and no posts by me about the man prior to disputing the made up lie.

Can you point to your issues or are you just posting quality input like 'blah blah blah' again?
    It's half right. FF said they would not join a grand coalition.
    This came off the back of a discussion on people voting for one party and getting another due to coalition. I think your comment here is low grade and uncalled for.

Both were far more hostile to SF than they were to each other. In fact the worst allegation either could throw at the other was they were willing to do a deal with SF. I think it would be legitimate for Martin to say it would have been a bigger betrayal of his voters to go into government with SF, given how loudly he had lambasted that party over so many years.

All FG every had was telling us how bad everyone else would be. They've lost the 'law and order', 'fiscal responsibility' monikers. They got in in 2011 on FF poor showing. They saw they were not fairing well and relied on FF support to stay in. Then they signed up with FF officially when they got their arse handed to them.
    I admire the SD's who refused point blank to deal with them.
    All FF/FG really have now is SF to attack. It shows their quality when rather than talk themselves up, they need get schoolyard and use murder victims and their families to try beat SF. We'll see it again next election. As I say be interesting to see how FF/FG tackle each other. Be amusing in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

All FG every had was telling us how bad everyone else would be. They've lost the 'law and order', 'fiscal responsibility' monikers. They got in in 2011 on FF poor showing. They saw they were not fairing well and relied on FF support to stay in. Then they signed up with FF officially when they got their arse handed to them.
    I admire the SD's who refused point blank to deal with them.
    All FF/FG really have now is SF to attack. It shows their quality when rather than talk themselves up, they need get schoolyard and use murder victims and their families to try beat SF. We'll see it again next election. As I say be interesting to see how FF/FG tackle each other. Be amusing in any case.

It will be a fascinating election alright.
    SDs have been superb since the election.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sad pathetic post.
    Yep, sad and pathetic, just like that one.

Mod

And these meet your criteria of quality posts??

Cut it out.

• Advertisement

Holly Cairns is a bright light.

They have been good since the election but the only thing is are they expanding the party to run more candidates? At the moment there is not much choice as FF, FG and SF are as bad as each other.

By right considering what we were facing after the election it really should have been a national government that was formed to deal with covid. That would have shown real leadership but both Martin and Varadkar couldn't show that leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wasn't there a few Government ministers using the EU freedom of movement as an excuse against mandatory quarantine a few weeks ago? I take it that was the usual verbal diarrhea As portugal just enforced mandatory quarantine on Irish arrivals. Are our government ministers just compulsive liars at this stage?

https://twitter.com/NoonanJoe/status/1355550560422912003?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Are our government ministers just compulsive liars?

I think there problem is that they can't communicate.

Floppybits wrote: »

Send a politician to the shop for a litre of milk and they'd come back with a baby calf, the explanation would likely be that the long term goal would be free milk for everyone, in the meantime black tea and water on the weetabix

Floppybits wrote: »

You've factions within factions within a coalition of parties using each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The anti govt, Leo social media frenzy whips up a lot of hate!
    Language needs to be tempered lads, give rise to crazies some of it.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/graffiti-targeting-tanaiste-leo-varadkar-being-treated-as-hate-crime-40030682.html

To be fair that's the usual response from someone who isn't able to counter the argument ;)

He makes a fair point and I think you know that.

A fair point about what, blaming victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The anti govt, Leo social media frenzy whips up a lot of hate!
    Language needs to be tempered lads, give rise to crazies some of it.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/graffiti-targeting-tanaiste-leo-varadkar-being-treated-as-hate-crime-40030682.html

Scrawled on the gable wall of a loyalist housing estate.

I'm sure if you tried, like really really tried bish, you could try to pin that one on the Shinners rather than those that likely stand with, and vote for the DUP.

You know that crowd of creationist bigots that FG can't get enough of at times?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Scrawled on the gable wall of a loyalist housing estate.

I'm sure if you tried, like really really tried bish, you could try to pin that one on the Shinners rather than those that likely stand with, and vote for the DUP.

You know that crowd of creationist bigots that FG can't get enough of at times?

I'm not blaming it on anyone as I don't know whose responsible.
    I'm just saying you need to be careful with your rhetoric or it gives rise to crazies.
    Sometimes even depression in the person who is the target.
    Fair play to SF leaders, they were quick to condemn it like all the other politicians.

• Advertisement

A fair point about what, blaming victims?

That was my point. Using victims. It happened last election. Don't look at me it was FF/FG at it. I'm just remarking that it happened.

That was my point. Using victims. It happened last election. Don't look at me it was FF/FG at it. I'm just remarking that it happened.

Nope, you were accusing the family and RV then said about money being paid out for it.

I'm not blaming it on anyone as I don't know whose responsible.
    I'm just saying you need to be careful with your rhetoric or it gives rise to crazies.
    Sometimes even depression in the person who is the target.
    Fair play to SF leaders, they were quick to condemn it like all the other politicians.

Sorry it was an easy mistake to make I suppose....
    The anti govt, Leo
    they're not aptly describes as "anti govt" I'd say more, anti Irish, anti Catholic, anti free state. Basically anti everything not white, protestant, and admirer' of the royal family.

They mentioned Leo not Michaél (the actual Taoiseach), and I'm sure Leo being the gay son of an Indian had completely nothing to do with it.

These people are the kind of people that give their votes to the DUP bish. A party FG are fairly close to.

Leo prob feels silly now.

Sorry it was an easy mistake to make I suppose.... they're not aptly describes as "anti govt" I'd say more, anti Irish, anti Catholic, anti free state. Basically anti everything not white, protestant, and admirer' of the royal family.

They mentioned Leo not Michaél (the actual Taoiseach), and I'm sure Leo being the gay son of an Indian had completely nothing to do with it.

These people are the kind of people that give their votes to the DUP bish. A party FG are fairly close to.

Point taken.
    Why would leo feel silly now?

Sorry it was an easy mistake to make I suppose.... they're not aptly describes as "anti govt" I'd say more, anti Irish, anti Catholic, anti free state. Basically anti everything not white, protestant, and admirer' of the royal family.

The Jeffery selfies might be in short supply at the next Ard Fheis,

Point taken.
    Why would leo feel silly now?

He's been courting the wrong company. The enemy of my enemy is not always my friend kind of silly.

These kind of people don't just hate Sinn Fein bish, they're literally racist xenophobic bigots, and you can extend that to the DUP too.

Nope, you were accusing the family and RV then said about money being paid out for it.

Okay you have mistaken me for someone else.
    I hope this isn't another made up accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Business Post/Red C

Fine Gael 29 (-5 in two months)
    Sinn Féin 27 (-3)
    Fianna Fáil 16 (+4)
    Green Party 5
    Social Democrats 5 (+1)
    Labour 3
    Solidarity-PBP 3
    Aontú 2
    Independents 10 (+2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    She's more or less a FG employee.

No, she isn't an employee either, she is a hired PR guru.

This confirms that Prone is not some arch-villain that dictates FG policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    No, she isn't an employee either, she is a hired PR guru.

This confirms that Prone is not some arch-villain that dictates FG policy.

No one claimed she dictated policy. Just that she's working very closely with them all the time. As regards arch villian playing down the significance of the Tuam graves is one of the scummiest things I've seen. In any normal society she'd be cast aside. Speaks volumes that FG would court such a vile individual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement