Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Business Post/Red C

Fine Gael 29 (-5 in two months)
    Sinn Féin 27 (-3)
    Fianna Fáil 16 (+4)
    Green Party 5
    Social Democrats 5 (+1)
    Labour 3
    Solidarity-PBP 3
    Aontú 2
    Independents 10 (+2)

A telling poll.
    FF making gains will appease them a bit.
    In the times we are in people are yo-yoing.
    Fine Gael, still ahead but losing a lot of ground.
    SF losing ground.
    But still we are more or less in the same politically unstable mess we were in twelve months after the election.

Okay you have mistaken me for someone else.
    I hope this isn't another made up accusation.

No, you brought an issue of digging up the dead for the next election.
    Something I'm sure could easily be done if truth be told.
    But it was easy to see it was a reference to the Quinns at the last election.
    A family seeking justice for their sons murder and a senior SF MLA who had branded their son a criminal.
    An apology had to be forced from the same man.
    I'm sure if there is another dead person dig up it will be another genuine case of republican violence.
    Don't blame the victims for SFs past.
    It's quite obvious they were trying to discredit the young man to deflect from the kind of violence their main support comes from and sponsors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I haven't heard much of the Quinn family, since shortly before the last election. Michaél/Leo been over to see them since the election results I wonder?

His poor parents, must feel like a pair of discarded chamois since being tossed aside after their purposes were served.

And speaking of being accused of being a criminal.

I'm surprised they even picked up the phone from anyone remotely attached to the Irish government, never mind Fianna Fáil. Considering.
    The murder in Monaghan last month of Paul Quinn "was not paramilitary but pertained to feuds about criminality that were taking place", the Taoiseach told the Dáil. Bertie Ahern said the Government had received a number of reports from both gardaí "and secondhand from the PSNI, and both of them match at this stage, that this action was due to criminality
    ".

They got recognition and an apology from Conor Murphy, after years of refusing to do so.
    And a complete withdrawal of his lies to blacken the victims name.
    That's the sort of mentality SF has.
    Defend republicanism, be it violent, criminal or otherwise, blame the victim.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/02/06/news/sinn-fe-in-s-conor-murphy-apologises-for-remarks-on-paul-quinn-murder-1835100/

They got recognition and an apology from Conor Murphy, after years of refusing to do so.
    And a complete withdrawal of his lies to blacken the victims name.
    That's the sort of mentality SF has.
    Defend republicanism, be it violent, criminal or otherwise, blame the victim.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2020/02/06/news/sinn-fe-in-s-conor-murphy-apologises-for-remarks-on-paul-quinn-murder-1835100/

You were literally given a quote where the Taoiseach of Ireland "blackened his name" due to the information he received from not only the Gardai, but the PSNI too.

You purposely ignored that, and continued on about an SF MLA in a thread about the FFG govt.

Just saying.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    You were literally given a quote where the Taoiseach of Ireland "blackened his name" due to the information he received from not only the Gardai, but the PSNI too.

You purposely ignored that, and continued on about an SF MLA in a thread about the FFG govt.

Just saying.

A murder was due to criminality:eek:

And I wasn't the one who brought the thing up!

A murder was due to criminality:eek:

I didn't say that, why would you try and ascribe words to me that I didn't say?

You once again are trying to gloss over and ignore reality.

Let's try again shall see Bertie Ahern whilst Taoiseach of Ireland made a claim about Paul Quinn allegedly being involved in criminality, and also alleged it was because of criminality that led to his death at the hands of other criminals.

Bertie made that statement in our parliament, prob in good faith at the time, seeing as it was on the back of information he received from the police force of this state (AGS) in conjunction with information from their northern counterparts (PSNI)

It's like Garda Horkans funeral, let's turn a blind eye to our own, and focus on a different spot on the wall.

You're floundering bishop. Floundering badly.

I didn't say that, why would you try and ascribe words to me that I didn't say?

You once again are trying to gloss over and ignore reality.

Let's try again shall see Bertie Ahern whilst Taoiseach of Ireland made a claim about Paul Quinn allegedly being involved in criminality, and also alleged it was because of criminality that led to his death at the hands of other criminals.

Bertie made that statement in our parliament, prob in good faith at the time, seeing as it was on the back of information he received from the police force of this state (AGS) in conjunction with information from their northern counterparts (PSNI)

It's like Garda Horkans funeral, let's turn a blind eye to our own, and focus on a different spot on the wall.

You're floundering bishop. Floundering badly.

Not me, you.
    Where does Bertie or anyone else say Paul Quinn was a criminal?
    He said the events that lead to it were about criminality from what I read.
    We know this is true and that young Quinn was lured to his death by criminals whom he had a row with previously.
    No one except Murphy called him a criminal.
    You're logic is twisted as usual.

Not me, you.
    He said the events that lead to it were about criminality from what I read.
    We know this is true and that young Quinn was lured to his death by criminals whom he had a row with previously.
    No one except Murphy called him a criminal.
    You're logic is twisted as usual.

Bertie said "Paul Quinn's murder was the result of a criminal feud"
    Then Taoiseach Bertie Ahern said at the time that following a security briefing he was assured the murder was not sanctioned and "not paramilitary but pertained to feuds about criminality that were taking place".

Bertie even had to apologise FFS.

Do you understand what a feud is bishop, yeah? Is this really the hill you wish to perish on?

Bertie said "Paul Quinn's murder was the result of a criminal feud"

Bertie even had to apologise FFS.

Do you understand what a feud is bishop, yeah? Is this really the hill you wish to perish on?

Here it is, he apologised for the way his comments were taken and explained that it wasn't his intention to Imply Quinn was a criminal.
    That was in the immediate aftermath of his comments.
    Murphy refused to withdraw his for years and had it looks like, to be coerced by his party leader to do so before he did.
    We all know his murder was due to a feud with criminals.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ahern-apologises-to-family-about-unintended-slur-on-son-26339831.html

• Advertisement

Not me, you.

Few minutes later.......
    Here it is, he apologised for the way his comments were taken and explained that it wasn't his intention to Imply Quinn was a criminal.

Where did he say it/he apologized for saying something that implies what he didn't say minutes ago. And btw the 19th of December is a long way from the "immediate aftermath" it's more than a full month later to be precise. So you might want to check your dates there chief.

I think we're done here, you're being deliberately obtuse, and acting the maggot.

Away on up the yard.

Few minutes later.......

Where did he say it/he apologized for saying something that implies what he didn't say minutes ago. And btw the 19th of December is a long way from the "immediate aftermath" it's more than a full month later to be precise. So you might want to check your dates there chief.

I think we're done here, you're being deliberately obtuse, and acting the maggot.

Away on up the yard.

You might be a schoolboy in the yard, but you're not interacting with one.
    Childish posting and acting from you so far today anyway.

Berties apology.

"As I previously stated when asked about this matter the only people in this case who are criminals are the ones who murdered Paul.

"I did not in any way intend to make an issue out of the character of Paul Quinn and I am happy to make that clear to the House"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Meanwhile back at the coalition of chaos Stephen Donnelly Heath Minister replies back with a thumbs up emoji off the back of a warning from the CMO that the R rate was rising on October 22nd . The below snippet from the Indo is incredible.

https://twitter.com/ellenmcoyne/status/1355832245563625475?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Wrong thread maybe?

Probably, but it's in reply to stuff others brought up.
    I'm done for today anyway, happy Sunday. :)

You might be a schoolboy in the yard, but you're not interacting with one.
    Childish posting and acting from you so far today anyway.

Berties apology.

"As I previously stated when asked about this matter the only people in this case who are criminals are the ones who murdered Paul.

"I did not in any way intend to make an issue out of the character of Paul Quinn and I am happy to make that clear to the House"

Listen Bishop, there's one fella here acting school boyish, and it certainly isn't me, you want to try and rewrite history, "Bertie didn't say that,"

"Ummm well he did but he didn't mean to, and he apologised when a fuss was kicked up, and the police got their facts cleared up immediately after."

Like it's literally recorded in history, and in our parliaments records what he said.

But let's ignore the Taoiseach of Ireland saying it, on the back of information he received from the police both here and north, an MLA from Sinn Fein in the north said it too, that's the main thing here after all, let's focus on that instead.

You just busted your flush.

I'd say sad and pathetic but I can't say it, so I won't.
    Grow up might be better.
    I'll take whatever comes for it.

You're long enough here to know that posting unsubstantiated BS won't be let fly bishop, yeah Murphy was wrong to accuse your man of being a criminal and dying because of the result of a feud involving criminality.

So too was Bertie Ahern.

One doesn't cancel the others out.

However, Conor Murphy was not Taoiseach of Ireland when he made the comment, nor has he ever been, Conor Murphy is an MLA of a party not in govt here.

You want to put all your time effort and focus into Conor Murphy, and rewrite and reword Berties comments, and then brush them under a carpet for some strange reason.

It's almost like you have some kind of agenda.

You're long enough here to know that posting unsubstantiated BS won't be let fly bishop, yeah Murphy was wrong to accuse your man of being a criminal and dying because of the result of a feud involving criminality.

So too was Bertie Ahern.

However, Conor Murphy was not Taoiseach of Ireland when he made the comment, nor has he ever been, Conor Murphy is an MLA of a party not in govt here.

You want to put all your time effort and focus into Conor Murphy, and rewrite and reword Berties comments, and then brush them under a carpet for some strange reason.

It's almost like you have some kind of agenda.

You've spent the morning posting drivel.
    Bertie as bad as he was stood up and said his comments were misinterpreted and clarified them completely as never having been to Imply any criminality or impunity on the character of Paul Quinn.
    Conor Murphy on the other hand still implies it..
    My run down this rabbit hole is over for today.
    Your replies have clearly shown an agenda and reaffirms the sinn féin mantra of victim blaming on anything that might harm then or their sponsors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So too was Bertie Ahern.

It's almost like you have some kind of agenda.[/QUOTE]

Not unusual in these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It's almost like you have some kind of agenda.[/QUOTE]

Not unusual in these parts.

Yep not unusual for both sides of the argument to have agendas. One side to deflect from incompetence in government and the other from their incompetence in opposition. Doesn't really say a whole lot about the politicians we have who are supposedly representing the people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Business Post/Red C

Fine Gael 29 (-5 in two months)
    Sinn Féin 27 (-3)
    Fianna Fáil 16 (+4)
    Green Party 5
    Social Democrats 5 (+1)
    Labour 3
    Solidarity-PBP 3
    Aontú 2
    Independents 10 (+2)

Interesting poll

I am sure I seen someone on here post recently that FF supporters no longer exist, like majority of posts on here that was incorrect.
    Not sure what Independents done to get increase?
    Shortall seems to be a favourite at the moment on RTE so that is expected rise. That position used to be Brid Smith but she really is a disaster area now.

FG continue fall after massive rise during opening months of pandemic, have they gone down from last one? not sure why they call out two months for FG and nobody else? the person who released it must not be a FG fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No, you brought an issue of digging up the dead for the next election.
    Something I'm sure could easily be done if truth be told.
    But it was easy to see it was a reference to the Quinns at the last election.
    A family seeking justice for their sons murder and a senior SF MLA who had branded their son a criminal.
    An apology had to be forced from the same man.
    I'm sure if there is another dead person dig up it will be another genuine case of republican violence.
    Don't blame the victims for SFs past.
    It's quite obvious they were trying to discredit the young man to deflect from the kind of violence their main support comes from and sponsors.

It was yes.
    I'm blaming FF/FG for using the Quinns, not the Quinns. But you know this. Its in the 'last election' portion. Explains it all.
    What was your claim about looking for money or something?

Floppybits wrote: »

Yep not unusual for both sides of the argument to have agendas. One side to deflect from incompetence in government and the other from their incompetence in opposition. Doesn't really say a whole lot about the politicians we have who are supposedly representing the people.

TBF its easy to dismiss criticism as bias. We can still look at the claims and judge. Varadkar lying and passing a confidential document happened. FF/FH/Hreens shrugged it off. Don't care how the opposition handled it it happened.

It was yes.
    I'm blaming FF/FG for using the Quinns, not the Quinns. But you know this. Its in the 'last election' portion. Explains it all.
    What was your claim about looking for money or something?

The Quinns want answers. The way chance they ever have getting them is when this is brought to media attention. Then normally people are forced to give them. Why would you blame anyone for trying to help the family? that is what any decent person would do.

The Quinns want answers. The way chance they ever have getting them is when this is brought to media attention. Then normally people are forced to give them. Why would you blame anyone for trying to help the family? that is what any decent person would do.

FF/FG had it in the media during that run up to an election. Not months before and didn't bother their barney after. They used the Quinn family.

FF/FG had it in the media during that run up to an election. Not months before and didn't bother their barney after. They used the Quinn family.

They brought it up to put media pressure to get answers. It went on and the family got zero answers. Yet you complain about the people that tried to help? not the people that lied and won't give the family answers?

Very strange attitude, very strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Floppybits wrote: »

What way would you like to see them representing the people ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

They brought it up to put media pressure to get answers. It went on and the family got zero answers. Yet you complain about the people that tried to help? not the people that lied and won't give the family answers?

Very strange attitude, very strange indeed.

They know who beat him to death, they know why he was beaten, PSNI know as well , what answers are left

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement