Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

They know who beat him to death, they know why he was beaten, PSNI know as well , what answers are left

Well this was brought up because Conor Murphy had made accusations about the person and wouldn't retract them. The pressure put on because of the media coverage meant after a lot of lying he retracted those comments. That was a huge win for the family was it not?
    Conor Murphy prior to the media pressure had ignored all requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Interesting poll

I am sure I seen someone on here post recently that FF supporters no longer exist, like majority of posts on here that was incorrect.
    Not sure what Independents done to get increase?
    Shortall seems to be a favourite at the moment on RTE so that is expected rise. That position used to be Brid Smith but she really is a disaster area now.

FG continue fall after massive rise during opening months of pandemic, have they gone down from last one? not sure why they call out two months for FG and nobody else? the person who released it must not be a FG fan?

We know they exist, sure didn't you even start a thread with Michaél in his budgie smugglers.

They know who beat him to death, they know why he was beaten, PSNI know as well , what answers are left

According to the family they still wants answers.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0305/1120403-quinn-parents-leinster-house/
    I can't see this as behind paywall but suggest they are still looking for answer
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sinn-fein-apology-but-no-answers-for-quinn-family-38931580.html
    Any decent human would do whatever they could to help the family get answers, media pressure forced on Conor Murphy got an apology but seemingly more to the story. I am going by what is reported in the media so of course don't know the full story but to me it doesn't suggest the family have got the full support from some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Well this was brought up because Conor Murphy had made accusations about the person and wouldn't retract them. The pressure put on because of the media coverage meant after a lot of lying he retracted those comments. That was a huge win for the family was it not?
    Conor Murphy prior to the media pressure had ignored all requests.

If there was direct Republican involvement dont you think the DUP who have direct access to every PSNI file ,would have been up in arms, Bertie had the same info and didn't go down some random rabbit hole,

If there was direct Republican involvement dont you think the DUP who have direct access to every PSNI file ,would have been up in arms, Bertie had the same info and didn't go down some random rabbit hole,

I never said anything about republican's.
    You posted that everyone already knows the answers, well according to the family that isn't true. Unless you are a spokesperson for the family and they are now happy they have all the answers?

• Advertisement

You posted that everyone already knows the answers, well according to the family that isn't true. Unless you are a spokesperson for the family and they are now happy they have all the answers?

There's an article from the Business Post from a week after the killing, tried to link it earlier but failed, if you read that it gives a unbiased report of events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They brought it up to put media pressure to get answers. It went on and the family got zero answers. Yet you complain about the people that tried to help? not the people that lied and won't give the family answers?

Very strange attitude, very strange indeed.

They did it to deflect from societal crises and to score points against political rivals. They used the Quinn family.
    Further proof will be when they use others at the next election.

They did it to deflect from societal crises and to score points against political rivals. They used the Quinn family.
    Further proof will be when they use others at the next election.

The Quinn family wanted an apology. Did they get an apology? would they have got an apology if they subject wasn't raised?

There's an article from the Business Post from a week after the killing, tried to link it earlier but failed, if you read that it gives a unbiased report of events

I never asked about an article in the Business Post. As per my previous post

Again you posted everyone already knows the answers, so are you confirming the Quinn family are now happy they have the answers?

I never asked about an article in the Business Post. As per my previous post

Again you posted everyone already knows the answers, so are you confirming the Quinn family are now happy they have the answers?

Read the article, his friends were in the shed when he was being beaten, there had been 2 death threats against him in the weeks before, if they don't have answers by now I suspect its not from the want of people telling them,

• Advertisement

The Quinn family wanted an apology. Did they get an apology? would they have got an apology if they subject wasn't raised?

Makes FF/FG using them to score points in an election worse.

Read the article, his friends were in the shed when he was being beaten, there had been 2 death threats against him in the weeks before, if they don't have answers by now I suspect its not from the want of people telling them,

If you are correct, then why did Conor Murphy take so long to apologies to the family? the only reason he apologised in the end was because of the media attention.

Also according to the family he is still hiding details, if everyone knows what happened they why isn't he sharing those details with the police?

Scoring points? The family got an apology. The person refused to do prior to the parties getting involved.
    If the person had any decency he shouldn't have given the opportunity to those parties to "score points" and apologised in the first place. Do you not think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The family used election time to highlight their grievance, good timing for them.
    Still Murphy won't relent his slur.

If you are correct, then why did Conor Murphy take so long to apologies to the family? the only reason he apologised in the end was because of the media attention.

Also according to the family he is still hiding details, if everyone knows what happened they why isn't he sharing those details with the police?

The information at the time shows that Quinn was not someone to be associated with, PSNI stated he was "never charged",hardly a ringing endorsement ,any information Murphy might have will be second or third hand while they have first hand witnesses,
    The irony in the whole thing is that Paul Williams would have been writing very different articles if Quinn had come from Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The information at the time shows that Quinn was not someone to be associated with, PSNI stated he was "never charged",hardly a ringing endorsement ,any information Murphy might have will be second or third hand while they have first hand witnesses,
    The irony in the whole thing is that Paul Williams would have been writing very different articles if Quinn had come from Tallaght

So you're saying Quinn was a criminal?

So you think it is ok for a TD to use "2nd or 3rd hand" information to make a disgusting comment about someone, then refuse to make an apology?

So you think it is ok for a TD to use "2nd or 3rd hand" information to make a disgusting comment about someone, then refuse to make an apology?

Not a TD ,and comment is in line with PSNI and Garda information at the time,

Not a TD ,and comment is in line with PSNI and Garda information at the time,

He made the comments 13 years before and still refused to withdraw the comment, so it doesn't really matter what the PSNI and Garda believed at the time does it? they changed their mind but Conor Murphy kept refusing to apologise.

He made the comments 13 years before and still refused to withdraw the comment, so it doesn't really matter what the PSNI and Garda believed at the time does it? they changed their mind but Conor Murphy kept refusing to apologise.

He shouldn't have apologised, that's my view, You know that, I know that, whole country knows that

• Advertisement

It's been done to death and no point filling up a thread. If people want to be an apologist for some person who makes those sort of comments that is your choice. Don't expect everyone else to say nothing.
    The majority of people in Ireland have some respect for other people, dead or alive, they also have the manners to apologise when wrong. You don't have to be a public representative for this basic standards to be expected.
    Those complaining about the other parties using it in last election, if the person apologised like he should of then they would have never got the chance would they? the fact he apologised once the pressure came on also proves he knew he was wrong all along.

Scoring points? The family got an apology. The person refused to do prior to the parties getting involved.
    If the person had any decency he shouldn't have given the opportunity to those parties to "score points" and apologised in the first place. Do you not think?

FF/FG and their media cronies only raised it to try score points in the election run up. They used the Quinns.

The family used election time to highlight their grievance, good timing for them.
    Still Murphy won't relent his slur.

Did Murphy claim they'd an online campaign against Roderick O'Gorman with no supporting evidence and wouldn't retract that slur? Shocking Bish.

The FF/FG used the Quinns at election time to try damage SF, nothing more to it.
    Don't see them fighting for the survivors of the mother and baby homes.

Did Murphy claim they'd an online campaign against Roderick O'Gorman with no supporting evidence and wouldn't retract that slur? Shocking Bish.

The FF/FG used the Quinns at election time to try damage SF, nothing more to it.
    Don't see them fighting for the survivors of the mother and baby homes.

The Irish government commissioned the report into the Mother and Baby Homes: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/d4b3d-final-report-of-the-commission-of-investigation-into-mother-and-baby-homes/

The Irish government commissioned the report into the Mother and Baby Homes: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/d4b3d-final-report-of-the-commission-of-investigation-into-mother-and-baby-homes/

The inaccurate white wash limited report after decades of being asked.

The inaccurate white wash limited report after decades of being asked.

I am not commenting on the contents of the report, I haven't read it. I thought you asked who commissioned the report.
    As posted on another thread all parties have a past, bit biased to comment on one parties past and ignore another, do you not agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So the health minister in NI contacted Donnelly for a coordinated approach to the health crisis? I think he has serious question to answer now. This isn't funny anymore. Especially given the worst month of infection's and deaths in the immediate period after this reach out.

https://twitter.com/peterodwyer1/status/1355982315105767429?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

smurgen wrote: »
    So the health minister in NI contacted Donnelly for a coordinated approach to the health crisis? I think he has serious question to answer now. This isn't funny anymore. Especially given the worst month of infection's and deaths in the immediate period after this reach out.

I'm surprised he didn't just get a thumbs up too.

There needs to be some serious questions asked off Donnelly and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »

https://twitter.com/Oireachtas_RX/status/1355921725154877441?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

darem93 wrote: »
    I'm surprised he didn't just get a thumbs up too.

There needs to be some serious questions asked off Donnelly and fast.

Gross negligence in my eyes. It now seems he's a record of not following up on vital correspondence. All the while FFG have been peddling bull**** excuses why a mandatory quarantine wouldn't work. EU free movement excuse proven a lie now non cooperation by NI looks a lie also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement