Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I am not commenting on the contents of the report, I haven't read it. thought you asked who commissioned the report.
    As posted on another thread all parties have a past, bit biased to comment on one parties past and ignore another, do you not agree?

No I didn't and I am commenting on more than one party.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    No one claimed she dictated policy. Just that she's working very closely with them all the time. As regards arch villian playing down the significance of the Tuam graves is one of the scummiest things I've seen. In any normal society she'd be cast aside. Speaks volumes that FG would court such a vile individual.

You do have a habit for the hysterical use of language, calling people vile, scum..etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    You do have a habit for the hysterical use of language, calling people vile, scum..etc...

When the shoe fits.

When the shoe fits.

See, I think it says a lot more about you, you probably think are doing 'good' finding all those tweets critical of the government, calling them all scum or vile or whatever floats your boat, but running away anytime the discussion actually delves a bit deeper, until the next tweet arrives...

Its a parody at this stage.

markodaly wrote: »
    See, I think it says a lot more about you, you probably think are doing 'good' finding all those tweets critical of the government, calling them all scum or vile or whatever floats your boat, but running away anytime the discussion actually delves a bit deeper, until the next tweet arrives...

Its a parody at this stage.

Anytime a point is made you discuss the poster rather than the post. Time to mute I feel.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I believe the way FF and FG have handled the mother and baby home report is vile. Truly vile. A whitewash and a cover-up.
    Heaping abuse on abuse. They pushed the gullible Greens to the front to take the flak.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40217777.html
    The daughter of a mother and baby home survivor has asked Taoiseach Micheál Martin to retract part of the apology he gave to all survivors in January.

The section she wants retracted is where Mr Martin said that what happened was a result of how “society” had acted at the time.

Laura Murphy, a marketing executive whose mother Mary gave birth at St Patrick’s on Navan Rd, Dublin, says this is wrong.

The retraction she is asking for is, she says, being made “on behalf of Mná na hÉireann”, the women of Ireland.

Her mother, now aged 63, was told by her family’s parish priest when she fell pregnant at 17 that she had to leave home before she “contaminates the morals of other girls”.

The family’s GP also told her parents that the teenager would bring shame on her entire family if anybody was to find out she was going to give birth outside marriage.

As a result, her parents — much to their lifelong regret — felt they had no choice but to send her away to St Patrick’s.

“An expounding of truth became a distortion of history. An unequivocal assumption of responsibility descended into a dispersal of blame.

“The society you speak of was the remnants of one invasion after another from the beginning of our history.”

She writes that while women played a key role in both the Easter Rising and the War of Independence, they ended up “largely excluded from political, economic and societal life”.

Church and State were merged, she writes, and “a terrible beauty was born”.

“Our ‘representative’ government was dominated by the male-led Catholic Church. The Church and State colluded to write the constitution.

“Therefore responsibility for the ‘perversion of society’ lies with the Church and State regime, and not the Irish people.

In trying to protect their legacy, they set up the commission poorly and produced a report that will haunt them for many years. Vile.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

smurgen and markodaly - perhaps you could put each other on ignore as any more bickering and I'll threadban one or both of you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

So the health minister in NI contacted Donnelly for a coordinated approach to the health crisis? I think he has serious question to answer now. This isn't funny anymore. Especially given the worst month of infection's and deaths in the immediate period after this reach out.

https://twitter.com/peterodwyer1/status/1355982315105767429?s=19

Looks like another incompetent health minister will cause an election. Media now turning on him.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/revealed-dr-tony-holohans-warning-to-health-minister-on-weak-border-controls-as-emails-and-texts-reveal-tensions-in-the-war-on-covid-19-40031632.html

Floppybits wrote: »

Behind a paywall, is there the full article somewhere?

• Advertisement

He's not replying to vital correspondence. We seen this from Harris also at the beginning of the pandemic.He ignored multiple calls from Tadgh Daly of the nursing home Ireland who couldn't get a hold of Simon Harris at the time. I really feel sorry for health care professionals having to operate under unbearable conditions created by two morons and decades of negligence by successive fine gael and fine fail health ministers.

He's not replying to vital correspondence. We seen this from Harris also at the beginning of the pandemic.He ignored multiple calls from Tadgh Daly of the nursing home Ireland who couldn't get a hold of Simon Harris at the time. I really feel sorry for health care professionals having to operate under unbearable conditions created by two morons and decades of negligence by successive fine gael and fine fail health ministers.

It is shocking bordering on negligence if this is true. Donnelly is in way over his head.

It is shocking bordering on negligence if this is true. Donnelly is in way over his head.

Where is the full article? Be nice to read the details and not just the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

Gross negligence in my eyes. It now seems he's a record of not following up on vital correspondence. All the while FFG have been peddling bull**** excuses why a mandatory quarantine wouldn't work. EU free movement excuse proven a lie now non cooperation by NI looks a lie also.
    It's beginning to look like they simply can't be bothered doing anything that requires any form of effort on their behalf. It's easier to pedal lies and spin or shift the blame on to someone else.

I live for the day we get to turf this shower out, honestly.

To be replaced by whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

darem93 wrote: »
    It's beginning to look like they simply can't be bothered doing anything that requires any form of effort on their behalf. It's easier to pedal lies and spin or shift the blame on to someone else.

I live for the day we get to turf this shower out, honestly.

Who are you putting in control instead?
    I posted ages ago on this thread about having an election after the pandemic, unless you want to hold an election in the middle of it?

In the real World silly comments like FF supporters don't exist anymore and everyone hates Leo is not reality, that's just the rubbish you see posted here by a couple of obsessed supporters

So back to original question, who is replacing the government based on the RedC poll released at the weekend?

Fine Gael 29 (-5 in two months)
    Sinn Féin 27 (-3)
    Fianna Fáil 16 (+4)
    Green Party 5
    Social Democrats 5 (+1)
    Labour 3
    Solidarity-PBP 3
    Aontú 2
    Independents 10 (+2)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Who are you putting in control instead?
    I posted ages ago on this thread about having an election after the pandemic, unless you want to hold an election in the middle of it?

In the real World silly comments like FF supporters don't exist anymore and everyone hates Leo is not reality, that's just the rubbish you see posted here by a couple of obsessed supporters

So back to original question, who is replacing the government based on the RedC poll released at the weekend?

Fine Gael 29 (-5 in two months)
    Sinn Féin 27 (-3)
    Fianna Fáil 16 (+4)
    Green Party 5
    Social Democrats 5 (+1)
    Labour 3
    Solidarity-PBP 3
    Aontú 2
    Independents 10 (+2)

To let the Shinners and the bunch of left wing fools and independents in would be like giving the passwords to our bank accounts to a bunch of senior infants.

They would run through the lot in no time flat and then and then wouldn’t know what to do except ask their parents for more.

And it wouldn’t be there

No idea how to link but interesting this morning Rob Kearney tweeted that after only 1 case identified in Perth they have locked the whole city down. I have friends in Perth and they planned on coming back to Ireland this year but are banned, if they leave they don't get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No idea how to link but interesting this morning Rob Kearney tweeted that after only 1 case identified in Perth they have locked the whole city down. I have friends in Perth and they planned on coming back to Ireland this year but are banned, if they leave they don't get back in.

It was in the papers yesterday. A security guard at a quarentine facility tested positive so they've introduced an initial 5 day lockdown in the city.

It was in the papers yesterday. A security guard at a quarentine facility tested positive so they've introduced an initial 5 day lockdown in the city.

My friend said they had gone into lockdown but I never asked why, full lockdown after one case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

My friend said they had gone into lockdown but I never asked why, full lockdown after one case.

That's what the report said anyway.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0131/1194112-coronavirus-australia/

Full lockdown after one case, no messing around there.

A lot of anger on Claire Byrne this morning. Frontline HSE staff saying that they still have no date for a vaccine whereas many admin staff have already been vaccinated.

To let the Shinners and the bunch of left wing fools and independents in would be like giving the passwords to our bank accounts to a bunch of senior infants.

They would run through the lot in no time flat and then and then wouldn’t know what to do except ask their parents for more.

And it wouldn’t be there

Imagine! They might even cause one of the biggest bank bailouts in history relative to GDP and cause thousands of deaths due to passive management of a public health emergency. Could you imagine such a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

1st real case in 10 months WA been largely normal to the point none of the shops had any supply of masks the government had to dust off their supply, 5 days is better than 5 months lol.

Adelaide had 6 day lockdown in November but called if off after 3.

Imagine! They might even cause one of the biggest bank bailouts in history relative to GDP

Ooh burn for BB there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Imagine! They might even cause one of the biggest bank bailouts in history relative to GDP and cause thousands of deaths due to passive management of a public health emergency. Could you imagine such a thing?

Or add a couple of extra zeros into the fiscal space calculator - with a shinner having to correct their math.

A lot of anger on Claire Byrne this morning. Frontline HSE staff saying that they still have no date for a vaccine whereas many admin staff have already been vaccinated.

I doubt any of these radio shows put on people to tell you how wonderful everything is and the World is great.

Are the nurses saying admin staff in the same hospital are getting vaccinations before them?
    They just posted that 81k 85 & over will be next in line

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I doubt any of these radio shows put on people to tell you how wonderful everything is and the World is great.

Are the nurses saying admin staff in the same hospital are getting vaccinations before them?
    They just posted that 81k 85 & over will be next in line

'They' post bout a lot of stuff that is absolutely going to happen, and then it turns out they mis-posted, so not let's get the bunting ready until it actually happens eh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And non-HSE staff also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement