Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

A good reason to be wary of the ****e you fellas talk sometimes.
    A few years ago he was the business, so you were all wrong I suppose, nothing new there.
    I won't be taking my political advice of you lot.

On the contrary, it's more logical to support people if they do good and criticise if they don't, rather than sticking no matter what surely?

Imagine you voted for a FG'er and he got in and joined PBP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Heh heh heh..... Give Leo a bell and see what his reaction is.

Breaking me up dude...;)

Pandemic Unemployment Payment, are FG now attacking those on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Pandemic Unemployment Payment, are FG now attacking those on it?

Not only people on PUP but also people who haven't gone onto further education. This is the arrogance and snobbery with FG and their supporters that are turning people away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Lads, Brendan saying something stupid about PUP recipients doesn't mean it is suddenly party policy for FG or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Jaysus.... where’s Baggy Trousers when you need the lad.

Baggy was a legend BB :D;)

Do you need an Irish Water critique?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Stephen Donnelly is laughing stock because "literally hundreds of accounts taking the piss out of him". Really?

There's a certain irony in this post....... Coming from you lol. :D

To add that goes for all politicians it doesn't matter what party, giving them abuse online is the lowest of the low in my eyes. They are doing a job, end of story. Pathetic people shouting online and if the person stood in front of them they wouldn't open their mouth.

I can see you and Brenner falling out before the evening Is over...
    You better start digging a bit deeper Baggy..... that auld rubbish won’t run.

Very first result.
    Keeps Donnelly and his ilk away from the levers of power.

That's democratic enough for this poster.

There's a load more. :D

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Lads, Brendan saying something stupid about PUP recipients doesn't mean it is suddenly party policy for FG or anyone else.

He exclusively defends FG no matter how bad the f##kup, on here his views would be seen as those of FG on a whole

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »

Very first result.

A bit of a 'putting Delaney back in charge of the FAI' moment there for Brendi.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Very first result.

No kiddin BT.

I know there is, but...... word in yer ear.. things have moved on.

Like..... is the bould Jharrhy the same dude in the good old ‘smash the H-Blocks’ days as he was later, most would say not.

Party policy dude is what’s relevant, not personalities.

But of course the big issue is that the glouupes punching out their rubbish on social media think they know better than Donnelly.

Blatantly using a world wide pandemic to try to push forward their agenda against persons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

He exclusively defends FG no matter how bad the f##kup, on here his views would be seen as those of FG on a whole

You don't speak for me and I would expect loads of other people on boards, but I don't know so can't confirm. They can speak their own mind. So no his /her views are not seen as those of FG on boards

• Advertisement

Very first result.

:D

What are you waiting for B

No kiddin BT.

Like..... is the bould Jharrhy the same dude in the good old ‘smash the H-Blocks’ days as he was later, most would say not.

But of course the big issue is that the glouupes punching out their rubbish on social media think they know better than Donnelly.

Blatantly using a world wide pandemic to try to push forward their agenda against persons.

A post from 2016, as if that is anyway relevant. Even a post from this time last year at this stage is irrelevant as the whole World changed soon after

No kiddin BT.

Brendan Bendar sent this message in social media, there's a certain irony in that.

But, incidentally you specifically said "Donnelly and his ilk" not his policies, humble pie bren, humble pie.

And btw, you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I ever had an account called baggy trousers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »
    Real FG attitude there belittling people on the PUP payment, who were put there by the actions of FG. FG supporters really don't give a crap for anyone but themselves even it is them that are responsible and now that poster is trying to weasel their way out of it by saying they were not belittling people on the PUP. Shame.

I didn't read his post as belittling people on PUP.

I think he was belittling people on social media who post non-stop nonsense and rubbish from the sidelines about the government. It must have hit a nerve somewhere to have got such vitriol in response.

No kiddin BT.

Party policy Brendi?
    You attacked him personally...'Keeps Donnelly and his ilk away from the levers of power'.
    Yet now he is the coalition man at wheel of power...he's to be defended.

A post from 2016, as if that is anyway relevant. Even a post from this time last year at this stage is irrelevant as the whole World changed soon after

Try trying to tell these lads that CF, about another subject entirely.

Auld Square Head, the angle grinder guy was a lot different dude than he is now up North.:D

Party policy Brendi?
    You attacked him personally...'Keeps Donnelly and his ilk away from the levers of power'.
    Yet now he is the coalition man at wheel of power...he's to be defended.

The post is from 2016, 5 years ago. How is that relevant?
    Why would someone bother trolling over someone posts from 6 years ago in the first place?
    If nobody changed their mind since 2016 then Sinn Fein would still have what percentage of the vote?

I am sure you said this is first time you voted Sinn Fein so if that is the case then back in 2016 you voted someone else. Should that be thrown in your face now?

Why would someone bother trolling over someone posts from 6 years ago in the first place?

Why haven't you asked Bishop of Hope that? He accused me of formerly praising Donnelly, I presume he is off now trying to find a post of mine that praised him in his former party...he'll be looking.

Brendi formerly believed this man was unfit to be near the wheels of power. Now he is, he has been challenged on that.

Brendan Bendar sent this message in social media, there's a certain irony in that.

But, incidentally you specifically said "Donnelly and his ilk" not his policies, humble pie bren, humble pie.

And btw, you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I ever had an account called baggy trousers. :D

Ok... Randal no BaggyTrousers... apologies there, not the done thing here..

Now you are not going to drag me down a rabbit hole on “Donnelly and his ilk”

Too slick for that Randal.:cool:

If nobody changed their mind since 2016 then Sinn Fein would still have what percentage of the vote?

I am sure you said this is first time you voted Sinn Fein so if that is the case then back in 2015 you voted someone else. Should that be thrown in your face now?

It is certainly not trolling, the poster attacked Donnelly personally, and specifically said "if he and his ilk, are kept away from the levers of power, that's democratic for him"

Now Donnelly is literally a cabinet member who definitely has finger that can touch the levers of power, he's all over him like rash.

You may also have missed the part where he specifically asked me to get them, when I obliged "I'm trolling"?
    Give it a rest.

Brenner's all over the place, depending on how close one is to the blueshirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

"His views would be seen as those of FG"

Bit odd, but right so. Carry on.

Why haven't you asked Bishop of Hope that? He accused me of formerly praising Donnelly, I presume he is off now trying to find a post of mine that praised him in his former party...he'll be looking.

Brendi formerly believed this man was unfit to be near the wheels of power. Now he is, he has been challenged on that.

As a Soc Dem and Indie Francie

When did you ever read me supporting that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No i didn't Francie!
    I pointed out that some of you, (plural) not your good self specifically, would have held Mr Donnelly in high esteem during the water protests and when he was an SD.
    I won't be looking back through posts, but will gladly accept that you didn't think or say so at that or any other time if that's what you say.

A lot of stepping back from previous positions going on.

It is certainly not trolling, the poster attacked Donnelly personally, and specifically said "if he and his ilk, are kept away from the levers of power, that's democratic for him"

Now Donnelly is literally a cabinet member who definitely has finger that can touch the levers of power, he's all over him like rash.

You may also have missed the part where he specifically asked me to get them, when I obliged "I'm trolling"?
    Give it a rest.

Brenner's all over the place, depending on how close one is to the blueshirts.

Different party Randal....done taken the wrong turn here old son.

The Brenner goin down right Main St.

Wasn’t MLou in FF.... would you have the same support then as now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Donnelly was popular for a time, but he has probably lost that original support base since he joined FF.
    He was seen as a, good politician by many because when you're on the whinge side, opposition that is, it's easy to mouth out your solutions to every problem.
    Governing is a different reality. He is no less intelegent now than he was then, but actuality can't be mouthed out, it takes actions.
    Hurlers on the ditch were always the best Hurlers and managers.
    No different now.

No i didn't Francie!
    I pointed out that some of you, (plural) not your good self specifically, would have held Mr Donnelly in high esteem during the water protests and when he was an SD.
    I won't be looking back through posts, but will gladly accept that you didn't think or say so at that or any other time if that's what you say.

There's nothing hypocritical here, I thought he did excellent work during the Irish water clusterfcuk, still do, don't think he's doing that great a job of health, and should stay off social media.

Do you think that = I'd be happy enough if him and his ilk are kept away from the levers of power?

No? Great, moving on.....

Didn't I ask yourself to back up a claim you made about the shinners orchestrating a "not my Taoiseach campaign" just the other day, and you hot footed it with your tail between your legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Donnelly was popular for a time, but he has probably lost that original support base since he joined FF.
    He was seen as a, good politician by many because when you're on the whinge side, opposition that is, it's easy to mouth out your solutions to every problem.
    Governing is a different reality. He is no less intelegent now than he was then, but actuality can't be mouthed out, it takes actions.
    Hurlers on the ditch were always the best Hurlers and managers.
    No different now.

It's quite obvious.
    He was an SD. He seemed to have political ethics and good points. He has since joined FF. Disappointed a lot of supporters.
    FF ffs. Is there a government party with a worst track record?
    He did himself and his supporters a disservice.
    IMO, no socially aware or caring person can take a look at FF/FG and say, 'by jaysus they're the lads for me'. He sold out for a fatter pension.

It's quite obvious.
    He was an SD. He seemed to have political ethics and good points. He has since joined FF. Disappointed a lot of supporters.
    FF ffs. Is there a government party with a worst track record?
    He did himself and his supporters a disservice.
    IMO, no socially aware or caring person can take a look at FF/FG and say, 'by jaysus they're the lads for me'. He sold out for a fatter pension.

So he was great in the SDs and “”did himself and his supporters a disservice since joining Ff....

No sensible person could look at the left and SF and say” by Jaysus, the’re the lads for me”

They just want to sit there and trouser the wedge.

• Advertisement

I am sure you said this is first time you voted Sinn Fein so if that is the case then back in 2016 you voted someone else. Should that be thrown in your face now?

You were happily bringing up 2007 yesterday,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement