Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So he was great in the SDs and “”did himself and his supporters a disservice since joining Ff....

No sensible person could look at the left and SF and say” by Jaysus, the’re the lads for me”

They just want to sit there and trouser the wedge.

I'd imagine you didn't think much of FF at the time either Brendi...just a wild guess. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Ok... Randal no BaggyTrousers... apologies there, not the done thing here..

Just for you BB ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

blanch152 wrote: »
    I didn't read his post as belittling people on PUP.

I think he was belittling people on social media who post non-stop nonsense and rubbish from the sidelines about the government. It must have hit a nerve somewhere to have got such vitriol in response.

Well theres a shocker the person that liked a post that referred to people who don't support the government as "special needs" doesn't see it as belittling when a fellow government supporter says people who are ridiculing the health minister have nothing better to do while they wait on their PUP payment and then follows that up by saying that people falling for his don't have a deep education. Nothing but hypocrites with no shame because if it was said about your fellow FG supporters you would be screaming blue murder on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Why haven't you asked Bishop of Hope that? He accused me of formerly praising Donnelly, I presume he is off now trying to find a post of mine that praised him in his former party...he'll be looking.

Brendi formerly believed this man was unfit to be near the wheels of power. Now he is, he has been challenged on that.

Why would I ask Bish?
    You are commenting on a post from 2016, you said 2020 is the first time you voted Sinn Fein, so if that is the case you supported another party in 2016? correct?

Why would I ask Bish?
    Because Bish challenged me on my previous opinion of Donnelly as well, from the same time. Did you miss that.
    You are commenting on a post from 2016, you said 2020 is the first time you voted Sinn Fein, so if that is the case you supported another party in 2016? correct?

I'll comment on any post I like without seeking your permission or having to defend it. If you are going to make a point, make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

480000 on PUP, wonder what 480000 votes could do

Listening to Pat Kenny there doing a report on the Green Party. It doesn't seem to be a good place to be. From the report it sounds toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Floppybits wrote: »
    Listening to Pat Kenny there doing a report on the Green Party. It doesn't seem to be a good place to be. From the report it sounds toxic.

:D:D.
    Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

They'll be no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well theres a shocker the person that liked a post that referred to people who don't support the government as "special needs" doesn't see it as belittling when a fellow government supporter says people who are ridiculing the health minister have nothing better to do while they wait on their PUP payment and then follows that up by saying that people falling for his don't have a deep education. Nothing but hypocrites with no shame because if it was said about your fellow FG supporters you would be screaming blue murder on here.

Well, there's a shocker, have a go at the "person" rather than the issue.

I know it's bad when someone is back to analysing thanks of posts.

• Advertisement

Not at all just pointing out your behaviour and treatment of people on here who do not agree with your or the government. The day you thanked that post you lost any creditibility you had.

And talk about not dealing wit the issues I have not once belittled or insulted anyone on her despite being told that I'm shinner, that I am slow or as you thanked before "special needs" and yet I have not resorted to name calling like I have always and always will deal with the issues and will not run away for a few days when I am wrong.

:D:D.
    Good one.

Care to expand or are as usual unable to?

Not at all just pointing out your behaviour and treatment of people on here who do not agree with your or the government. The day you thanked that post you lost any creditibility you had.

And talk about not dealing wit the issues I have not once belittled or insulted anyone on her despite being told that I'm shinner, that I am slow or as you thanked before "special needs" and yet I have not resorted to name calling like I have always and always will deal with the issues and will not run away for a few days when I am wrong.

It is everyone government, the people of Ireland voted for it. Just a small point but a critical one.
    Same as next election whoever gets voted in will be everyones government, no matter which party is in control

It is everyone government, the people of Ireland voted for it. Just a small point but a critical one.
    Same as next election whoever gets voted in will be everyones government, no matter which party is in control

Its not everyone's government. Its a government for a few and scraps to the rest. People of Ireland voted they didn't vote for this government they voted for the parties and they made up the government based on them excluding other parties. So it is not a government for everyone. Also just because they are the government doesn't mean they are above criticism nor does it mean that they are the best people for the job.

You use this as a silencing device.
    It is our government, but we can be as critical as we want of it and point out when it is getting it wrong, abusing it's power, or being incompetent or corrupt. Just as we can be complimentary of it.

Its not everyone's government. Its a government for a few and scraps to the rest. People of Ireland voted they didn't vote for this government they voted for the parties and they made up the government based on them excluding other parties. So it is not a government for everyone. Also just because they are the government doesn't mean they are above criticism nor does it mean that they are the best people for the job.

Has anyone said the government is above criticism?
    I do think you should read up on how an election works. The rules haven't changed for many a year, yet we seem to have a lot of confusion in the last 12 months.

I think you will find the government is for everyone in Ireland. If you don't support the government that's your choice and if you do then it also your choice. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion do you not agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Aye.
    Not surprised that this post got thanked by the usual cohort of angry white male republicans.

Has anyone said the government is above criticism?
    I do think you should read up on how an election works. The rules haven't changed for many a year, yet we seem to have a lot of confusion in the last 12 months.

I think you will find the government is for everyone in Ireland. If you don't support the government that's your choice and if you do then it also your choice. Everyone else is entitled to their opinion do you not agree?

And there you go again a government supporter belittling someone accusing them of not knowing how elections work. We all know how elections work so maybe cut that crap out. They maybe the government of the country but they are not the government for everyone as many of the homeless people or those struggling to keep a roof over their heads or even trying to put a roof over their heads can atest too.

I don't those survivors of mother and baby homes would say that this is a government for them, would you after the way they have been treated?

And there you go again a government supporting belittling someone accusing them of not knowing how elections work. We all know how elections work so maybe cut that crap out. They are maybe the government of the country but they are not the government for everyone as many of the homeless people or those struggling to keep a roof over their heads or even trying to put a roof over their heads can atest too.

I don't support the government, never said I have.
    Yes the government is for everyone. Not sure how you don't understand this. Anyone that lives in Ireland the government are for them. As I already posted you don't have to support it and that is down to personal choice.

P.S. I wasn't trying to belittle anyone but your previous post was very clear you didn't understand how an election works.

I don't support the government, never said I have.
    Yes the government is for everyone. Not sure how you don't understand this. Anyone that lives in Ireland the government are for them. As I already posted you don't have to support it and that is down to personal choice.

P.S. I wasn't trying to belittle anyone but your previous post was very clear you didn't understand how an election works.

Jaysus so we have now gone from belittling to patronising now. Why don't you just cut the crap out and treat posters with a modicum of respect? Is that too hard for you to do?

I am free to think what I like of this government and of the leadership and I feel they are not a government for everyone then I am entitled to that opinion as you are entitled to yours and at no stage have I belittled or patronised you.

• Advertisement

What utter nonsense.

Nobody was excluded. FG didn't even consider going into government until it was clear that SF had made a complete balls-up of forming a government. Going around on election night like drunken teenagers claiming to have won the election was the first mistake. Not understanding that coalition government requires compromise was the second. From there, it was downhill all the way for SF. They made their bed with their stupid behaviour after the election. It ended up with PBP calling them out for their failure.

It was only in 1930s Germany that a party managed to take full control of a country without having an overall majority, and we know where that led.

Jaysus so we have now gone from belittling to patronising now. Why don't you just cut the crap out and treat posters with a modicum of respect? Is that too hard for you to do?

I am free to think what I like of this government and of the leadership and I feel they are not a government for everyone then I am entitled to that opinion as you are entitled to yours and at no stage have I belittled or patronised you.

I have a slogan for you:

#stopthesteal

You arguing from the same premise as Trump, claiming to win an election you didn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What’s all this patronising you have been banging on about for the last few days

Spit it out and then give it a rest.

You seem to want to rant and rave for some reason, no idea why.

I am 100% in agreement and you are free to think what you like as I already said but you do not speak for anyone else apart from yourself. So you should never assume what other people think.

The simple fact is the government, no matter which political party is in it, is for everyone in Ireland. That is the whole point of having a government in place. Unless you want a dictatorship?
    If you think pointing out a government is for everyone in Ireland is disrespecting you somehow then I have no answer to that. This is a discussion forum after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What utter nonsense.

Nobody was excluded. FG didn't even consider going into government until it was clear that SF had made a complete balls-up of forming a government. Going around on election night like drunken teenagers claiming to have won the election was the first mistake. Not understanding that coalition government requires compromise was the second. From there, it was downhill all the way for SF. They made their bed with their stupid behaviour after the election. It ended up with PBP calling them out for their failure.

It was only in 1930s Germany that a party managed to take full control of a country without having an overall majority, and we know where that led.

Not true.

Seriously give it up trying to pass the fascist baton from FG to others. We'd FG councilor O'Leary admiring the blueshirts a few months back and Varadkar and Flanagan looking to commemorate the RIC/Tans. Not forgetting LV's race baiting with 'SF don't like white middle class males'.

Not true.

Seriously give it up trying to pass the fascist baton from FG to others. We'd FG councilor O'Leary admiring the blueshirts a few months back and Varadkar and Flanagan looking to commemorate the RIC/Tans. Not forgetting LV's race baiting with 'SF don't like white middle class males'.

A thread on this forum is called "FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years", you should be aware of it as a regular poster on it.
    This was started up after FG came out and said they would go into opposition after the election.
    So yes it is 100% true.

What utter nonsense.

Ah here we go SF this and SF that and its always someone else's fault. Yep SF got carried away with the election result and it was a surprise election result and FG went into a sulk for 4 or 5 weeks after the election and only got interested in forming a government when Martin ruled out any talks with SF. I think SF said at the time that their preference would be a government with out either FG or FF but they were willing to talk to those parties. The only thing was Varadkar and Martin weren't willing to talk to them.

The dogs on the street know that no government could have been formed without 2 of the 3 big parties, you can deny it all you want but it would never have worked for anyone of the 3 parties to try form a government without the one of the other 2 and it will be the same in the next election if the poll numbers are to be believed.

I am 100% in agreement and you are free to think what you like as I already said but you do not speak for anyone else apart from yourself. So you should never assume what other people think.

The simple fact is the government, no matter which political party is in it, is for everyone in Ireland. That is the whole point of having a government in place. Unless you want a dictatorship?
    If you think pointing out a government is for everyone in Ireland is disrespecting you somehow then I have no answer to that. This is a discussion forum after all.

We have had governments that 'have not been for everyone'. We had a government that drove this country over a cliff in 2008 resulting ina period of outside control by the IMF. That certainly wasn't 'for the people'.

They are back in power BTW having been rehabilitated by FG.

I don't want to rant and rave about anything but I would like to see an end to the crap on this thread where anyone speaking out against the government is labeled as stupid, special needs or in the instances yesterday were a poster referred to those on opposing the government as sitting on their arsed with nothing better to do than wait for their next PUP payment.

• Advertisement

We have had governments that 'have not been for everyone'. We had a government that drove this country over a cliff in 2008 resulting ina period of outside control by the IMF. That certainly wasn't 'for the people'.

They are back in power BTW having been rehabilitated by FG.

All governments are for the people, all the people living in Ireland. Just because it is a bad government doesn't change that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement