Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Calling out the comment.

You are basically saying 'sure health is always bad' as a defense.
    We deserve a government that will try something not say they'll end the scandal and preside over it getting worse.

Im not saying Health is always bad. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter what TD is in Health the opinion of the public is they are always terrible.
    I am sure all of the previous Minister of Health will tell you the good things they implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

So you can't name a good Minister for Health?

And since you are all knowing can you name one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Im not saying Health is always bad. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter what TD is in Health the opinion of the public is they are always terrible.
    I am sure all of the previous Minister of Health will tell you the good things they implemented.

Okay so, tell us the good or great health ministers we've had in a department that has gotten worse and broke records year on year?

I wouldn't envy any of them the job but if the results were poor...

The DPC not happy on the destruction of mother and baby homes records.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40218473.html

Floppybits wrote: »

That's simply disgusting.
    It's like getting the accused to investigate themselves and wondering why they misrepresented and destroyed evidence.
    There should be intervention by some international body to investigate FF/FG/Church etc.
    These wounds will never be healed for the survivors. FF/FG/Greens should be ashamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

An absolute obscenity...on top of the hollow apology designed to try and put the lid on an inadequate, demeaning, disrespectful report.

Funny how key evidence/testimony/laptops and phones go missing at key points with the power swap.

An absolute obscenity...on top of the hollow apology designed to try and put the lid on an inadequate, demeaning, disrespectful report.

Funny how key evidence/testimony/laptops and phones go missing at key points with the power swap.

The 'law and order party' must be fuming....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not at all sure, other than the knicker twisting of the power swap fans, what was wrong with that as a way of protesting the hypocrisy of the two leaders coalescing. Having both said what they said during the campaign.

It wasn't a protest I made myself or joined in, but not seeing anything wrong with it, as protests go.

#notmytaoiseach is equal to #stopthesteal in its ignorance of how elections work and its attempt to undermine democracy.

Truly disgraceful.

That's simply disgusting.
    It's like getting the accused to investigate themselves and wondering why they misrepresented and destroyed evidence.
    There should be intervention by some international body to investigate FF/FG/Church etc.
    These wounds will never be healed for the survivors. FF/FG/Greens should be ashamed.

The Mother and Baby Commission was a body independent of government tasked with making a judgement and doing its own work.

The DPC is correct to be concerned about the destruction of data and correct to enquire into it.

However, it has nothing to do with the FF/FG/Green government or any actions taken by them. It is just typical of some posters to be dishonestly politicking again on the hurt and anguish of people. Have you no standards at all?

So that makes you right? :rolleyes:
    The thread was started when FG came out and said they would go into opposition. Which was jumped on by some people and said that meant they would do nothing.
    Funny when some parties went into opposition that suddenly changed to been in opposition was the greatest thing ever :P
    Those rules seem to change like the wind. Hard to keep up with you lot.

It is a supremely ironic title for a thread.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    #notmytaoiseach is equal to #stopthesteal in its ignorance of how elections work and its attempt to undermine democracy.

Truly disgraceful.

It's the complete opposite actually.

IMO, 'not my Taoiseach' relates to 'not my president'. It's simply stating you don't support or feel he speaks for you.

'Stop the steal' comes from the Trump/FG mindset of 'SF don't like white middle aged men' etc.. Basically spinning and telling lies.

Truly disgraceful.

One is a simple protest, the other was an impossible task based on a delusion.

The Mother and Baby Commission was a body independent of government tasked with making a judgement and doing its own work.

The DPC is correct to be concerned about the destruction of data and correct to enquire into it.

However, it has nothing to do with the FF/FG/Green government or any actions taken by them. It is just typical of some posters to be dishonestly politicking again on the hurt and anguish of people. Have you no standards at all?

And they made a balls of it.

They are happy to allow the 'glaringly inaccurate' report sit.
    You continually try to turn your well worn tactics back on others. I'm attempting to speak up for the victims not hand wave them away or use them. What are FF/FG/Greens doing today to address the concerns and claims of the victims?

The government commissioned the report and should have thrown it at the creators and refused to pay them or sue them. Instead thy tried to get it done with in the most cynical way, so making the suffering worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The government commissioned the report and should have thrown it at the creators and refused to pay them or sue them. Instead thy tried to get it done with in the most cynical way, so making the suffering worse.

Of course they'd make a balls of it. Of course there was going to be data problems afters. Of course the usual shills would defend it. It's all very predicable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I find it very very disturbing how much FFG supporters want to quickly quieten the survivors and 'move on'. The leak, webinar, release and spin around the report were utterly disgusting. The treatment of the mother and baby survivors and victims by this government has heaped abuse upon abuse and it will haunt them for a long time. The delays around all the required legislation is also sickening. Fine for you to be able to ignore it.

Standards indeed. Try morals. Basic decency.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I find it very very disturbing how much FFG supporters want to quickly quieten the survivors and 'move on'. The leak, webinar, release and spin around the report were utterly disgusting. The treatment of the mother and baby survivors and victims by this government has heaped abuse upon abuse and it will haunt them for a long time. The delays around all the required legislation is also sickening. Fine for you to be able to ignore it.

Standards indeed. Try morals. Basic decency.

Apart from statement's in the Dail, what exactly has any of these TD's done to help the Mother and Baby survivors?
    Has any of them offered to head up a new report? because based on the reaction that is what is required.

Apart from statement's in the Dail, what exactly has any of these TD's done to help the Mother and Baby survivors?
    Has any of them offered to head up a new report? because based on the reaction that is what is required.

The state needs to take honest ownership. Do a full investigation into every issue raised by the survivors and a forensic dig to try find the mass graves and where possible identify the bodies.
    We have mass graves of neglected infants scattered nobody claims to know where. It's monstrous.
    Imagine the German government shrugging off the holocaust and rubber stamping a report that didn't investigate half of what went on or even acknowledge survivor accounts?

The state needs to take honest ownership. Do a full investigation into every issue raised by the survivors and a forensic dig to try find the mass graves and where possible identify the bodies.
    We have mass graves of neglected infants scattered nobody claims to know where. It's monstrous.
    Imagine the German government shrugging off the holocaust and rubber stamping a report that didn't investigate half of what went on or even acknowledge survivor accounts?

Who said the state shouldn't?
    It is a simple question, has this TD offered in any way to support the survivors?

Who said the state shouldn't?
    It is a simple question, has this TD offered in any way to support the survivors?

Has to be the state or preferably an outside the country authority given free reign by the state.

• Advertisement

The equivalent of throwing your hands in the air and blaming someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Getting a lot of shade from that Randall.

Just in case other less other less ‘in tune’ posters think there’s been a Pauline conversion.

Just sayin’.......:cool:

https://twitter.com/MallowNews/status/1356584615553753090?s=19

One TV interview and the Minister just adds to the confusion and sense of faffing around in his department.

https://twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1356731917232713729

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1356727651898122240

Calling out the comment.

You are basically saying 'sure health is always bad' as a defense.
    We deserve a government that will try something not say they'll end the scandal and preside over it getting worse.

No I didn't, you are really terrible at understanding people.

No I didn't, you are really terrible at understanding people.

Japers, we already had this one out I thought. Here's your last response to that comment:

So seeing as we're back here, what do you mean by this?
    When Coveney was in the Health position everyone said he was the worst ever, the same with the person before him and before and before and before. Notice a recurring theme here?
    Out of curiosity can you name me a good Minister of Health Ireland has had?

Reads like throwing your hands up in the air and making excuses. 'Was always bad always will be'.
    Tell me how I'm wrong? Thanks.

Japers, we already had this one out I thought. Here's your last response to that comment:

So seeing as we're back here, what do you mean by this?

Reads like throwing your hands up in the air and making excuses. 'Was always bad always will be'.
    Tell me how I'm wrong? Thanks.

When was Coveney health minister?

When was Coveney health minister?

He never was but that's not going to matter either way. It'll be round the houses.
    I asked for quotes saying he was the worst health minister. Its just stuff they throw up to deflect.

Was suggested he'd be good in health or at least preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

At least if wasn't a winky face lads. :cool:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1356731613653172227?s=19

#SeniorHurling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    At least if wasn't a winky face lads. :cool:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1356731613653172227?s=19

#SeniorHurling

Shows how little yous have to be at really doesn't it.
    He was asked a question on it and answered it quite well.
    Have you never used a thumbs up as an approval of a message?

• Advertisement

Shows how little yous have to be at really doesn't it.
    He was asked a question on it and answered it quite well.
    Have you never used a thumbs up as an approval of a message?

The permanently outraged will always find something to be outraged about. I always use the thumbs up to acknowledge a message when I’m too busy to type out “Thank You”. It’s what these symbols are for. Imagine prolific social media users not knowing that?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement