Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shows how little yous have to be at really doesn't it.
    He was asked a question on it and answered it quite well.
    Have you never used a thumbs up as an approval of a message?

Have I, ever replied to something as serious as the "R number increasing" - in such a prominent role as health minister of the state, and the serious health implications that could ultimately mean for millions of the population, replied with a thumbs up emoji?

No. Can't say I have.

The wife text me yesterday mind you to say the dog was running low on epilepsy medication, and to make sure I ordered another six weeks worth, some time in the next week....

I replied "already ordered his prescription this morning, and the vet has been paid by my card, do you want to take the kids out a run in the car and pick it up, or will I stop by on my way home from work"?

No, bishop, no I haven't replied with a thumbs up emoji, to such a serious message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Japers, we already had this one out I thought. Here's your last response to that comment:

So seeing as we're back here, what do you mean by this?

Reads like throwing your hands up in the air and making excuses. 'Was always bad always will be'.
    Tell me how I'm wrong? Thanks.

Sorry I am not an education professional.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Have I, ever replied to something as serious as the "R number increasing" - in such a prominent role as health minister of the state, and the serious health implications that could ultimately mean for millions of the population, replied with a thumbs up emoji?

No. Can't say I have.

The wife text me yesterday mind you to say the dog was running low on epilepsy medication, and to make sure I ordered another six weeks worth, some time in the next week....

I replied "already ordered his prescription this morning, and the vet has been paid by my card, do you want to take the kids out a run in the car and pick it up, or will I stop by on my way home from work"?

No, bishop, no I haven't replied with a thumbs up emoji, to such a serious message.

Busy people don’t have as much time on their hands as you obviously do, so a thumbs up is perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No. Can't say I have.

Jesus, I never heard such a hullabaloo about nothing Mc.
    It actually takes the childishness of the anti govt crew to a new level.

Shows how little yous have to be at really doesn't it.
    He was asked a question on it and answered it quite well.
    Have you never used a thumbs up as an approval of a message?

At this case for some people on here they are just complaining because they have nothing else to do.
    One party does something, that is awful, terrible, they are a disgrace
    Another party does the exact same thing. Oh they are incredible, brill.
    In this case if another party responded like that it would be brill because it "was cutting out the bulls**T"

Case in point yesterday, someone shouting about how a politician made comments about the closure of ports in Northern Ireland, when I pointed out MM had condemned as well, well then that was terrible because of.....well no reason apart from it was MM. Hilarious

• Advertisement

Busy people don’t have as much time on their hands as you obviously do, so a thumbs up is perfectly acceptable.

Of course, all the media outlets and public perception on the optics of it is wrong, he's right.

Busy man.

Of course, all the media outlets and public perception on the optics of it is wrong, he's right.

Busy man.

Are you saying "hundreds of people on twitter" are now public perception?

Anyone I know doesn't give a flying f**k how he answered as long as the vaccines get rolled out and we get out of lockdown. But then again, I am talking to people who are still working day in day out, how a text message is answered is very very low priority

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I heard months ago that the thumbs up symbol is actually a passive aggressive symbol. It was news to me.

I am only on Boards thankfully.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Are you saying "hundreds of people on twitter" are now public perception?

Anyone I know doesn't give a flying f**k how he answered as long as the vaccines get rolled out and we get out of lockdown. But then again, I am talking to people who are still working day in day out, how a text message is answered is very very low priority

The minister had to be pulled up on it, on one of the nation's most popular television shows on prime time television.

Do you think Dohertys line of questioning came on the back of twitter users, or the complete and utter terrible optics of it?

The minister had to be pulled up on it, on one of the nation's most popular television shows on prime time television.

Do you think Dohertys line of questioning came on the back of twitter users, or the complete and utter terrible optics of it?

The same TV show which ran the sob story about the poor man out walking and the Gardai just came up and riddled him with bullets? is that the same show?

• Advertisement

The same TV show which ran the sob story about the poor man out walking and the Gardai just came up and riddled him with bullets? is that the same show?

Are you going to answer the question, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A year in, the responsible Minister is STILL confusing people. Self isolation/quarantine/control of new variants ...absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable governance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No he didn't have to be pulled on it, he was, but it was just another piece of gutter journalism. A waste of time that any good journalist would have passed up and asked a relevant question about something important pertaining to the ministers portfolio.

First line of interview
    "I want to touch on a point that has really lit up social media" (something like that). Turned it off after that, what a waste of time and why is anyone linking this muck?
    So in other words is the same "hundreds" we heard about and keep hearing about. The same dummy accounts commenting on every single thing from the government.

A year in, the responsible Minister is STILL confusing people. Self isolation/quarantine/control of new variants ...absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable governance.

But it isn't a year in is it?
    So why are you lying?

But it isn't a year in is it?
    So why are you lying?

Oh yeh?

31 December 2019

China reports to the World Health Organization a "cluster" of pneumonia cases "of unknown cause" in the city of Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province.

No he didn't have to be pulled on it, he was, but it was just another piece of gutter journalism. A waste of time that any good journalist would have passed up and asked a relevant question about something important pertaining to the ministers portfolio.

I have said for ages, the media are struggling as nothing to talk about. It seems now they just watch twitter and if anything gets a few likes or whatever that is a top of day storyline.
    The don't seem to have the ability to look at something and see ok that is 100 likes from xyz
    Oh that is 100 likes from the same xyz
    Oh maybe this is a pattern, maybe I could investigate and run a story on social media? nah that is work I will just go with the initial that got 100 likes so I will talk about that. Lazy lazy lazy journalists.

Why is none of them down running full investigative stories on the Mother & Baby? or doing like BBC done on the Boxing etc? no rehash the same rubbish day in day out

Oh yeh?

Well that is a year and a month isn't it?
    Not sure what relevance China has to a government thread in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Well that is a year and a month isn't it? so it isn't a year in is it?

I have never come across someone who creates as much utterly pointless posts. It doesn't even rise to the level of whataboutery. Just nothing posts.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CarProblem

One TV interview and the Minister just adds to the confusion and sense of faffing around in his department.

https://twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1356731917232713729

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1356727651898122240

If it wasn't so serious I'd say Donnelly was a complete joke, but this is no laughing matter

This government is a catastrophic shambles, an incompetent Health minister, a lying narcissistic clown as Tanaiste , one of the senior members of the last FF orchestrated crash as leader of the country. It's bad for my blood pressure to follow it too closely.

Tbh these threads are a catastrophic shambles too - some people would defend anything this government would do* so it's not much of a debate than a rear guard battle. Waste of time so I'm bowing out (also see blood pressure comment above)

* I see similar on other threads where other party supporters blindly defend a party no matter what so not solely aimed at government supporters

• Advertisement

I have never come across someone who creates as much utterly pointless posts. It doesn't even rise to the level of whataboutery. Just nothing posts.

I agree. I have no idea what the point in posting about a year in when it isn't.

I have said for ages, the media are struggling as nothing to talk about. It seems now they just watch twitter and if anything gets a few likes or whatever that is a top of day storyline.
    The don't seem to have the ability to look at something and see ok that is 100 likes from xyz
    Oh that is 100 likes from the same xyz
    Oh maybe this is a pattern, maybe I could investigate and run a story on social media? nah that is work I will just go with the initial that got 100 likes so I will talk about that. Lazy lazy lazy journalists.

Why is none of them down running full investigative stories on the Mother & Baby? or doing like BBC done on the Boxing etc? no rehash the same rubbish day in day out

I would thing that somebody who doesn't watch the key Prime Time current affairs programme and knows nobody who does, isn't exactly an expert on this stuff TBH.

Like the poster on here who avoided talking about an issue because 'they had never heard of the Slugger O'Toole site, their view is not based on any deep knowledge of the issues and subject under discussion.

The programming on PRIME TIME that precipitated the sham inquiry BTW from 2014 and 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMuvIcoIdsc
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0131/1026688-special-report-inside-the-tuam-mother-and-baby-home/

CarProblem wrote: »
    If it wasn't so serious I'd say Donnelly was a complete joke, but this is no laughing matter

This government is a catastrophic shambles, an incompetent Health minister, a lying narcissistic clown as Tanaiste , one of the senior members of the last FF orchestrated crash as leader of the country. It's bad for my blood pressure to follow it too closely.

Tbh these threads are a catastrophic shambles too - some people would defend anything this government would do* so it's not much of a debate than a rear guard battle. Waste of time so I'm bowing out (also see blood pressure comment above)

* I see similar on other threads where other party supporters blindly defend a party no matter what so not solely aimed at government supporters

I agree the government is a mess but the lies been posted on these threads are hilarious. If anyone calls them out then all you get is accusations

The best option as I keep repeating is a election after the virus is gone. Which should be Nov timeframe or worst case jan/Feb next year. Maybe that might settle a few people down

CarProblem wrote: »

Yeh, but apparently somebody didn't detail the progress of the virus to the exact day and hour and second...so the FF Minister gets a pass.

I would thing that somebody who doesn't watch the key Prime Time current affairs programme and knows nobody who does, isn't exactly an expert on this stuff TBH.

Like the poster on here who avoided talking about an issue because 'they had never heard of the Slugger O'Toole site, their view is not based on any deep knowledge of the issues and subject under discussion.

The programming on PRIME TIME that precipitated the sham inquiry BTW from 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMuvIcoIdsc
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0131/1026688-special-report-inside-the-tuam-mother-and-baby-home/

You are a slight bit obsessed with Slugger O'Toole who as I posted already have no idea who it is and never heard of it. First time on these threads so I doubt main stream. Quick google and for an entire year it had 1 million readers, not too shabby but then again that could be the same 3k people per day. Hardly ground breaking.

A special from 2014? do you not think a lot of information has been found since then and maybe worth another discussion? or should we concentrate on what a few lads on twitter are liking?

You are a slight bit obsessed with Slugger O'Toole who as I posted already have no idea who it is and never heard of it. First time on these threads so I doubt main stream. Quick google and for an entire year it had 1 million readers, not too shabby but then again that could be the same 3k people per day. Hardly ground breaking.

A special from 2014? do you not think a lot of information has been found since then and maybe worth another discussion? or should we concentrate on what a few lads on twitter are liking?

They have been making reports on it since covering it as a breaking story.

One wonders how you stay informed on current affairs tbh.

They have been making reports on it since covering it as a breaking story.

One wonders how you stay informed on current affairs tbh.

Who are you to question people on this forum?
    Do we have to ask you permission? or past some sort of test?

Who are you to question people on this forum?
    Do we have to ask you permission? or past some sort of test?

I didn't ask a 'question'. I 'wondered' about something in type. After I had blown your claim (that the programme you never watch and know nobody who watches it had not covered the Mother and Baby story) out of the water and by backing
    that up. Which does raise questions as to how informed you are on current and past affairs.

I agree. I have no idea what the point in posting about a year in when it isn't.

So it's more than a year.

Is this some kind of silver bullet line of defence or just absolute pointless pedantic drivel?

• Advertisement

So it's more than a year.

Is this some kind of silver bullet line of defence or just absolute pointless pedantic drivel?

It's in line with the 'if I haven't heard of the publication or if I don't watch the current affairs programme then I can ignore the content and issues raised'. A new take on 'Hear No Evil See No Evil Speak No Evil'. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement