Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It's in line with the 'if I haven't heard of the publication or if I don't watch the current affairs programme then I can ignore the content and issues raised'. A new take on 'Hear No Evil See No Evil Speak No Evil'. :)

Or "shinner conspiracy" because everyone including the dog on the steer knew the Ceann Comhairle automatically retained their seat during any new election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

I didn't ask a 'question'. I 'wondered' about something in type. After I had blown your claim (that the programme you never watch and know nobody who watches it had not covered the Mother and Baby story) out of the water and by backing
    that up. Which does raise questions as to how informed you are on current and past affairs.

I suggest you read my post. I didn't claim they never ran a report. I asked why they are not running one now.

In terms of who is informed or isn't, to be honest it is none of your business is it?
    unless as I posted you have a test before people are allowed to post?

McMurphy wrote: »
    So it's more than a year.

Is this some kind of silver bullet line of defence or just absolute pointless pedantic drivel?

You should check on twitter. I am sure they will be able to confirm for you. Literally hundreds of people posting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You should check on twitter. I am sure they will be able to confirm for you. Literally hundreds of people posting now.

I don't understand?

Check on twitter for confirmation about a question I asked seeking clarification on a post you made?

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't understand?

Check on twitter for confirmation about a question I asked seeking clarification on a post you made?

If you don't understand then as I suggested you should ask on twitter. It seems to be the only source of information you trust.

If you are confused about the One year post. Ask what Francie then because as I posted I have no idea what he/she is talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I suggest you read my post. I didn't claim they never ran a report. I asked why they are not running one now.

In terms of who is informed or isn't, to be honest it is none of your business is it?
    unless as I posted you have a test before people are allowed to post?

This is what you asked:
    Why is none of them down running full investigative stories on the Mother & Baby?

When it was shown to you that they have played a large part in breaking the story and covering it in the years it took for the Government to come up with a sham report, you just pivoted to something else and claimed you were saying something else. Dis-ingenuous debating writ large.

This is what you asked:

When it was shown to you that they have played a large part in breaking the story and covering it in the years it took for the Government to come up with a sham report, you just pivoted to something else and claimed you were saying something else. Dis-ingenuous debating writ large.

Selective copy & paste and then you call people disingenuous. Hilarious.

Selective copy & paste and then you call people disingenuous. Hilarious.

'Selective'? It is what you said and why I showed you that they had in fact covered the M&B issue and were instrumental in breaking the story and getting an inquiry. It was one of the signal times our journalist class stepped up to the plate.

Do you accept you were fundamentally wrong to make the statement you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I didn't ask a 'question'. I 'wondered' about something in type. After I had blown your claim (that the programme you never watch and know nobody who watches it had not covered the Mother and Baby story) out of the water and by backing
    that up. Which does raise questions as to how informed you are on current and past affairs.

Not sure this is the argument you should have against another poster, considering you admitted to not bothering to read the manifesto of the party you voted for!

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Not sure this is the argument you should have against another poster, considering you admitted to not bothering to read the manifesto of the party you voted for!

It's petty and childish the selective quoting as well. It is crystal clear from the post I was talking about journalism today/now. The fact the poster had to select a part and not the entire post just proves that.
    So much for having a decent adult discussion on a thread, ends up with selective quotes and attacker the posters constantly

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

How does that relate to not being up to speed on current affairs?

I don't read estate agent brochures either, but I know a good house when I see it.

It's petty and childish the selective quoting as well. It is crystal clear from the post I was talking about journalism today/now. The fact the poster had to select a part and not the entire post just proves that.
    So much for having a decent adult discussion on a thread, ends up with selective quotes and attacker the posters constantly

You think every programme should be about the M&B homes or that they should highlight issues when relevant?

You made the blanket statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

i think anyone who supports a government perpetuating direct provision is in no position to critise mother and baby homes

Its bad/tragic and all,but jesus direct provison is a complete and utter scandel on all involved in politics here and its allowed go ahead unquestioned by the media and establishment

What do propose to replace it?

You think every programme should be about the M&B homes or that they should highlight issues when relevant?

No didn't post that
    You made the blanket statement.

No I didn't.

i think anyone who supports a government perpetuating direct provision is in no position to critise mother and baby homes

Its bad/tragic and all,but jesus direct provison is a complete and utter scandel on all involved in politics here and its allowed go ahead unquestioned by the media and establishment

CrazyFather1 had an uninformed rant, mentioned a programme he says he doesn't watch and knows nobody who does in that rant, get shown how wrong he is and the programme does in fact do 'full investigative' programmes on the very topic he mentions (M&B Homes) then he does that infuriatingly Irish inferiority thing, and doffs the hat to the BBC and praises them for their 'boxing programme' completely unaware that Prime Time have covered this story too and somehow, I am in the wrong with the faithful.. You couldn't invent this stuff.

CrazyFather1 had an uninformed rant, mentioned a programme he says he doesn't watch and knows nobody who does in that rant, get shown how wrong he is and the programme does in fact do 'full investigative' programmes on the very topic he mentions (M&B Homes) then he does that infuriatingly Irish inferiority thing, and doffs the hat to the BBC and praises them for their 'boxing programme' completely unaware that Prime Time have covered this story too and somehow, I am in the wrong with the faithful.. You couldn't invent this stuff.

More lies.
    Number 1 I didn't rant

Number 2 the post was about the standard of journalism these days who find it easier just to rehash what they see on social media.

Actually better to ignore this childish carry on. It seems you are determined to bicker with every poster on this forum. Off you go

Actually better to ignore this childish carry on. It seems you are determined to bicker with every poster on this forum. Off you go

You were shown that what you said was a long way from the truth and asked to step away from an uninformed remark. You haven't, that's fine. No bickering, just wanted to be clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shows how little yous have to be at really doesn't it.
    He was asked a question on it and answered it quite well.
    Have you never used a thumbs up as an approval of a message?

Not regarding a pandemic. People need be mindful of their station. What's next quoting a few films for a bet and a laugh while discussing the impact of Covid on society?

• Advertisement

Sorry I am not an education professional.

So you responded twice to the same comment and criticise me for misreading it yet still won't elaborate. Fair enough.
    Unlikely anyone ever said Coveney was the worst health minister ever, as you claimed as he was never health minister. So I'm assuming you can't provide quotes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Watching the news earlier it is embarrassing that the government haven't nailed down a quarantine strategy long before Feb 2021.

Again it's always reactive, never ever proactive.

It's clear that most medium-large businesses in Ireland would have better quality managers than our cabinet and senior civil servants.
    They cant do the basics. Do some bloody planning!!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Are you saying "hundreds of people on twitter" are now public perception?

Anyone I know doesn't give a flying f**k how he answered as long as the vaccines get rolled out and we get out of lockdown. But then again, I am talking to people who are still working day in day out, how a text message is answered is very very low priority

You were quoting it yesterday to deride Irish people using the tricolour. Seems to influence you.
    Based on FG's shenanigans of trolling old tweets it weighs on them also.

First line of interview
    "I want to touch on a point that has really lit up social media" (something like that). Turned it off after that, what a waste of time and why is anyone linking this muck?
    So in other words is the same "hundreds" we heard about and keep hearing about. The same dummy accounts commenting on every single thing from the government.

'Anonymous poster on social media complains about the validity of comments made by anonymous people on social media shocker!'

You were quoting it yesterday to deride Irish people using the tricolour. Seems to influence you.
    Based on FG's shenanigans of trolling old tweets it weighs on them also.

You mean the "trycolour"?
    If I remember correctly the only person I seen "trolling old" responses was on here and pulled up something from 6 years ago. I didn't see you having any issue then?

You mean the "trycolour"?
    If I remember correctly the only person I seen "trolling old" responses was on here and pulled up something from 6 years ago. I didn't see you having any issue then?

I don't have an issue. You seemingly have issue with people quoting twitter even though you engage in it yourself.
    One day you were giving out about the shamrock being compared to a bowl of salad, the next you are making light of people because they use the flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Watching the news earlier it is embarrassing that the government haven't nailed down a quarantine strategy long before Feb 2021.

Again it's always reactive, never ever proactive.

It's clear that most medium-large businesses in Ireland would have better quality managers than our cabinet and senior civil servants.
    They cant do the basics. Do some bloody planning!!

Like Ryanair perhaps, or the vintners or any other business that's closed up.
    They'd never trying to open up in a pandemic shur would they?

I don't have an issue. You seemingly have issue with people quoting twitter even though you engage in it yourself.
    One day you were giving out about the shamrock being compared to a bowl of salad, the next you are making light of people because they use the flag.

Well that is not true now is it?
    You seem to spend a lot of time twisting posts instead of having a decent grown up discussion.

Edit
    See below as it continues posting about little old me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Went loopy when I mentioned Micky wanted to bring a bowl of side salad to the White house , the sarcasm is weak in that one

• Advertisement

Well that is not true now is it?
    You seem to spend a lot of time twisting posts instead of having a decent grown up discussion.

Pointing out your flip flopping. It's difficult to have a discussion when you change tack so frequently.

You knocked twitter and complained about people comparing the bowl of shamrock to a salad.
    Then you quoted twitter to knock people for having the Irish flag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement