Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

Floppybits wrote: »
    It was until you decided to bring Twitter into the conversation and have your little laugh at people getting angry on twitter about Woulfe but when I pointed out that is not the case and the people are angry at the treatment of the women in cervical check nightmare and how they have been treated and you go off on one as if someone compared a bowl of Shamrock to a salad bowl.

Like I said no one gives a crap about Woulfe, he is a beacon there to remind everyone of FG corruption and cronyism that you are happy to defend that go right ahead but stop with the faux outrage.

But it was YOU who DECIDED to link Woulfe with the tragic case of Lynsey Bennett.
    People do actually give a crap about Woulfe deplorable actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What has that Twitter dump got to do with Woulfe? Shame on you using this unfortunate ladies tragic case for a cheap dig.

**Cough**

Jean.....

**Cough Cough**

McConville........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

It was until you decided to bring Twitter into the conversation and have your little laugh at people getting angry on twitter about Woulfe but when I pointed out that is not the case and the people are angry at the treatment of the women in cervical check nightmare and how they have been treated and you go off on one as if someone compared a bowl of Shamrock to a salad bowl.

Like I said no one gives a crap about Woulfe, he is a beacon there to remind everyone of FG corruption and cronyism that you are happy to defend that go right ahead but stop with the faux outrage.

Bulls**t
    Comment about Woulfe at 1.32 by me.
    Then you made a comment at 2.31 and got no reaction so then at 2.50 make your disgusting comments.
    Actually couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Bulls**t
    Comment about Woulfe at 1.32 by me.
    Then you made a comment at 2.31 and got no reaction so then at 2.50 make your disgusting comments.
    Then making up bulls**t excuses, anyone with a bit of decency would remove the post.
    I am not shutting down the conversation either, of course it can be discussed but not in the disgusting manner you did

What are you taking about? Is there now a timeframe in which to respond to posts?

I responded to your post with what people were angry about on Twitter due to your remark.

There is nothing disgusting in any of my comments and if there is there is a report button there if you so offended and disgusted by it that you can report it and I will discuss it with the forum Mod.

You are deflecting from the issue and that was the plan all along was to use Woulfe sitting today to deflect from the real anger at how those women have been and currently are being tweeted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't support any of the parties in government.

You are not worth the time, disgusting person. You are worse than any of the politicians. They should have resolved all of this out of court. It is a disgrace but it is 100 times worse when you think it is ok to throw images of the woman around a forum just to get a dig.
    Some people are just disgusting. A comment about Woulfe and this is the carry on. Actually can't say what I feel. Really is some disgusting people in this World
    A comment about Woulfe, yet you are so pathetic you think it is ok to try drag in that women as some sort of political dig. Then make excuses.....disgusting person

The rest of the mob will come wading in as usual....all as bad as each other

Mod:

Don't post in this thread again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There are plenty of you still waffling on and on about him all the time to give the lie to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are plenty of you still waffling on and on about him all the time to give the lie to that.

Mistaking a persons opinion for the conspiracy theory of teams there. There's people "waffling on" about Woulfe's crony appointment and the treatment of Ms. Bennett I'd imagine. People should be allowed discuss what is of interest to them IMO.

So are you saying we are not allowed be angry at the appointment of a party stooge to the highest court in the and also at the way he was appointed at the time he was appointed?

That fact is that he will sit on that court and be a beacon of FG corruption and cronyism for all his time there. Not even the other Supreme Court justices want him there. It would have been great if FG and their supporters, you included, had a little bit of dignity and removed him from office but alas that is not case. The time has passed now and trying to whip up some sort of response on here with wise cracks like "This should be fun" and having a laugh at the supposed anger on twitter when again FG and their supporters fail to read where the anger is and that is with the treatment of women in this country as we have seen through dragging those women from the cervical check through the courts and the ongoing scandal over the mother and baby homes report.

A report I believe when it was published said it was a great report? To me well that speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So are you saying we are not allowed be angry at the appointment of a party stooge to the highest court in the and also at the way he was appointed at the time he was appointed?

That fact is that he will sit on that court and be a beacon of FG corruption and cronyism for all his time there. Not even the other Supreme Court justices want him there. It would have been great if FG and their supporters, you included, had a little bit of dignity and removed him from office but alas that is not case. The time has passed now and trying to whip up some sort of response on here with wise cracks like "This should be fun" and having a laugh at the supposed anger on twitter when again FG and their supporters fail to read where the anger is and that is with the treatment of women in this country as we have seen through dragging those women from the cervical check through the courts and the ongoing scandal over the mother and baby homes report.

A report I believe when it was published said it was a great report? To me well that speaks volumes.

You are the one saying nobody gives a crap about Woulfe...........and here you are on another rant about him.

I never said that you are not allowed anything, I am only pointing out the huge contradictions in your posts.

Mistaking a persons opinion for the conspiracy theory of teams there. There's people "waffling on" about Woulfe's crony appointment and the treatment of Ms. Bennett I'd imagine. People should be allowed discuss what is of interest to them IMO.

Just another attempt at stifling debate by making out any that opposes FG are nothing but angry bitter people who are just not smart enough to understand just how good FG are for us. Unfortunately as angry as people are at the appointment of Woulfe to the supreme court that has passed, he is not going to be removed so we will just have to hold out until there is an election and then judge FG on this.

• Advertisement

You are the one saying nobody gives a crap about Woulfe...........and here you are on another rant about him.

I never said that you are not allowed anything, I am only pointing out the huge contradictions in your posts.

Can you please show me where I have ranted about Woulfe today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Holly Cairns (SDs) making a fool of Fergus O'Dowd (FG) on the Tonight Show.
    He is spoofing every question. She is on point.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Holly Cairns (SDs) making a fool of Fergus O'Dowd (FG) on the Tonight Show.
    He is spoofing every question. She is on point.

He is astonishingly bad. The patronising male finger waving at Cairns is a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

He is astonishingly bad. The patronising male finger waving at Cairns is a disgrace.

Agreed. Hopefully he'll be gone at the next general election. Yet another poor quality FG TD.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

O'Dowd was like the sacrificial lamb .....he was never gonna win tonight . To be honest I never heard of Holly Cairns and assumed she was a D4 Green ......till I googled . Where on earth did that ridiculous manufactured accent come from ?? West Cork ?

O'Dowd was like the sacrificial lamb .....he was never gonna win tonight . To be honest I never heard of Holly Cairns and assumed she was a D4 Green ......till I googled . Where on earth did that ridiculous manufactured accent come from ?? West Cork ?

She has been a damm fine politician regardless of accent. Wouldn't agree with all she says, but she is honest and committed and didn't deserve the patronising male FG mansplaining we saw tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Is there anything that can be done to completely decimate and put the green party permanently out of business/politics?

Their best result ever only saw them get 7% of the vote yet landed them in positions of power. Their voter base is isolated to small pockets and no way represents the opinion of the whole island. A parasitic party

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Is there anything that can be done to completely decimate and put the green party permanently out of business/politics?

Their best result ever only saw them get 7% of the vote yet landed them in positions of power. Their voter base is isolated to small pockets and no way represents the opinion of the whole island. A parasitic party

Welcome to PRSTV and coalition governments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

She has been a damm fine politician regardless of accent. Wouldn't agree with all she says, but she is honest and committed and didn't deserve the patronising male FG mansplaining we saw tonight.

Mansplaining?

Mary Lou is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

markodaly wrote: »
    Welcome to PRSTV and coalition governments.

When a party who 93% of the population didn't vote for get to make decisions for everyone it seems like a broken system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Isn't it amazing that the same 1 or 2 posters come online at night to post random comments during the night with SF related content. Very strange and predicable at this stage.

Mansplaining?

Mary Lou is that you?

Did you see his performance...no other way to describe it tbh and I wouldn't be a fan of the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Did you see his performance...no other way to describe it tbh and I wouldn't be a fan of the term.

It's not even a term.

You don't like it yet you used it.

My head is spinning trying to work that logic out.

It's not even a term.

You don't like it yet you used it.

My head is spinning trying to work that logic out.

Of course it's a 'term'. It's when a male talks down to a woman and treats her like a misguided fool...often accompanied with a waving or wagging (see Stephen Donnelly/Leas CC) hand or finger.
    I'm not a fan of it's over use, but men do it.

Of course it's a 'term'. It's when a male talks down to a woman and treats her like a misguided fool...often accompanied with a waving or wagging (see Stephen Donnelly/Leas CC) hand or finger.
    I'm not a fan of it's over use, but men do it.

p06fzjxd.png

McMurphy wrote: »
    p06fzjxd.png

Fergus would have some difficulty with that tonight. :):) Brilliant infographic.

Fergus would have some difficulty with that tonight. :):) Brilliant infographic.

From the BBC no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

When a party who 93% of the population didn't vote for get to make decisions for everyone it seems like a broken system.

What do you propose?

Remember, we had a party who 75% of the people didn't vote for, claim to have 'won' the election.

markodaly wrote: »
    What do you propose?

Remember, we had a party who 75% of the people didn't vote for, claim to have 'won' the election.

And one who 79% of the people didn't vote for...curiously enough in government with two parties, one of which 76% didn't vote for and wait for it...one that 93% didn't fecking vote for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

And one who 79% of the people didn't vote for...curiously enough in government with two parties, one of which 76% didn't vote for and wait for it...one that 93% didn't fecking vote for.

And that's not a strange thing in these parts.
    Govts have been propped up by individuals that 99.9% didn't vote for.
    Party's have to find a way to overcome voter apathy if they want to govern.
    Overall it looks like this pattern will continue.
    SF and others are looking for an FFG merger, highly unlikely in the short term at least, as they feel it would turn it into a two horse race which would then favour either or being in a majority position. Plausible enough thinking too.
    My thinking at present is that it is likely FF/SF will at least coalesce soon, if not next election then probably next after that.
    FF are much more like SF than FG in reality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement