Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

smurgen wrote: »
    The Irony of FGaerler talking about making political capital out of victims. The lads who called relatives for Justice headbangers in this very thread.

They spent most of last Sunday on here using Paul Quinn killing to point score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

They spent most of last Sunday on here using Paul Quinn killing to point score

And the 2020 election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Jesus, some lads keep a diary of what day such a thing happened or was discussed on here?
    It's Friday night Lads, have a bit of a relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jesus, some lads keep a diary of what day such a thing happened or was discussed on here?
    It's Friday night Lads, have a bit of a relax.

Sunday past?

We're not talking about some random Sunday in May 2016 bish. Hardly need a diary to recall that. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sunday past?

We're not talking about some random Sunday in May 2016 bish. Hardly need a diary to recall that. :D

Ah just a quip Mc.
    As I said relax, quit waiting with the safety catch off.
    Depressing reading on the old opposition side today, so much angst.

• Advertisement

Ah just a quip Mc.
    As I said relax, quit waiting with the safety catch off.
    Depressing reading on the old opposition side today, so much angst.

I'm only chain yankin bish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

grayzer75 wrote: »
    And what a great pair of parties they are to run a country........

The world's most expensive hospital ever - Not true
    A sharp increase in homelessness
    Mother and baby homes / institutional abuse - A legacy issue
    Direct provision
    Unaffordable housing
    Unaffordable rents
    Mismanagement of the Covid-19 pandemic - What EU country has done better? Sweden?
    Hospital waiting lists
    Mental health crisis
    Bank bailouts - SF voted for the bailout!
    Cervical check scandal
    Garda corruption
    Zero hour contracts - Zero hour contracts are illegal in Ireland
    Excessive pay rises to politicians - Linked to the Public Sector Pay Agreements

OK, just to fact check some of this stuff.

The stuff, I didn't mention can all be contested as well, but you may as well be defending the notion, Why don't we have Utopia. An impossible task

Floppybits wrote: »
    This mother and baby homes report is just not going away. The chair of the mother and babies home commission is now saying they wont come before an Oireactas committee. The government handling of this has been a disaster, what are they trying to hide or what are they so afraid of coming out?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40221251.html

Just on this bit, The Chair of the M&B Home Commission is not 'Da Guberment', a committee has no legal power to enforce attendance. So, what exactly do you want the government to do in regards the chair of this committee? Arrest her?

I personally think she should attend the committee by the way, its not good that she refuses to, but I am not sure what the government can do here.
    People think the government can act like Mao and issue dictates to people.

The government have a role. They have failed in their role.
    So also has the Commission.

What is the exact nature of the governments role in regards this commission and the chair of the commission?

It's going to snow next week, the government's fault, as the government has a role in funding Met Eireann.

That is the logical fallacy at play here.

I see Ireland is now no1 in Europe on suppression of the 3rd wave covid 19.
    Wonder who will get the praise for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Anyone but the Gubbirmint, I’d allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Given they largely caused the massive spike in December, I would give the credit to the people of Ireland and front line staff.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Given they largely caused the massive spike in December, I would give the credit to the people of Ireland and front line staff.

OK. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Anyone but the Gubbirmint, I’d allow.

The government HAD to put us in a lockdown after ignoring the medical advice and opening up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KlArmy

Is there any leadership at all with this government

Aside from leaking, tweeting and chat show appearances it seems they're all afraid to give direction and vision

Nothing in it for them if they get it wrong seems to be the thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

KlArmy wrote: »
    Is there any leadership at all with this government

Aside from leaking, tweeting and chat show appearances it seems they're all afraid to give direction and vision

Nothing in it for them if they get it wrong seems to be the thinking

No. Always reactive. Never proactive. They lost their bottle after the first few months of weekly screw-ups.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The government HAD to put us in a lockdown after ignoring the medical advice and opening up.

And it had absolutely nothing to do with people failing to exercise personal responsibility? Most of us knew that granny, grandad, mammy and daddy were safest by us staying home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Tony Holohan and the other members of Nphet along with the Irish people in general who are abiding by restrictions.

The government should also be praised for signing in the restrictions but that is the end of their role.

Stephen Donnelly isn't included in any praise but that might be my personal dislike of him. Solid useless and full of hot air. Out of his depth

And it had absolutely nothing to do with people failing to exercise personal responsibility? Most of us knew that granny, grandad, mammy and daddy were safest by us staying home.

The people were told by the government that it was ok Maryanne.

The people were told by the government that it was ok Maryanne.

Maryanne said it was irresponsible to follow govt advice that it was ok to visit eating and drinking houses, and that obviously included Leo who said he was going to meet his buddies for a meal and a gargle too.

That Leo is an Irresponsible bastard. :D

• Advertisement

Maryanne said it was irresponsible to follow govt advice that it was ok to visit eating and drinking houses, and that obviously included Leo who said he was going to meet his buddies for a meal and a gargle too.

The dry houses were told that it was legal to open for business ,Randall.

After that it was a case of using your loaf.

Pat is a great guy for using his loaf, I’m reliably informed.:cool:

Ya, ya. Look over there. Always someone else’s fault.

The dry houses were told that it was legal to open for business ,Randall.

After that it was a case of using your loaf.

Pat is a great guy for using his loaf, I’m reliably informed.:cool:

What you talkin about Willis?

The pubs that served food were opened for a while over Christmas Brendan, the restaurants that opened served drink in them too. :confused:

Is this just you hammering something on the keyboard for the sake of it?

Like are you really wanting to die on this hill trying to rewrite history on something Leo and maryanne are both on record of saying Brenner :D?

Ya, ya. Look over there. Always someone else’s fault.

We know that Maryanne, and in your case it was the people for being irresponsible for following govt advice, so by your own definition, and by the bar you set that includes the Tanaiste as being "irresponsible" and "not exercising personal responsibility".

What you talkin about Willis?

The pubs that served food were opened for a while over Christmas Brendan, the restaurants that opened served drink in them too. :confused:

Is this just you hammering something on the keyboard for the sake of it?

Like are you really wanting to die on this hill trying to rewrite history on something Leo and maryanne are both on record of saying Brenner :D?

I know that Randall, however Pat wasn’t forced to go into them Randall.

That’s the point,lad.

The Bren wasn’t into the public houses like a mad Buffalo as soon as he got a sniff of the porther and got the head stuck into anyone who would listen.

A small glass of wine before dinner at home was enough for the Brenner.

Sometimes it’s best to use the head, Randall.

That’s the point,lad.

The Bren wasn’t into the public houses like a mad Buffalo as soon as he got a sniff of the porther and got the head stuck into anyone who would listen.

When do you ask or expect the government to 'use the head' Brendi? When are the fans of those tasked with the highest responsibility of the office they are elected to, asked to accept responsibility for what they have done, in the Brendi household?

That’s the point,lad.

This is a first, you are agreeing that the government advice that it was ok to visit the eating and drinking houses, and also visit multiple households was Irresponsible?

It's not about you Brenner, it's about the people who did in good faith take the official government advice on board - there's plenty out there servile enough to follow it blindly, including the Tanaiste himself.

That, "is the point".

This is a first, you are agreeing that the government advice that it was ok to visit the eating and drinking houses, and also visit multiple households was Irresponsible?

It's not about you Brenner, it's about the people who did in good faith take the official government advice on board - there's plenty out there servile enough to follow it blindly, including the Tanaiste himself.

That, "is the point".

Where did I say it was ok Randall.

Randall, good lad, put on your ‘ BigBoy’ pants and think for yourself for once.

Did MMMCD not support the opening of public houses?

You seem to champion those who cannot think for themselves, yet your alledged leader was front and central in leading the open campaign.

Do you want to micro-manage everybodies life, dude.

What’s this crap about “it’s not all about you”.

Can we get real here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    OK, just to fact check some of this stuff.

The stuff, I didn't mention can all be contested as well, but you may as well be defending the notion, Why don't we have Utopia. An impossible task

Crises and scandals don't have to be the norm. We don't need some imagined shangri-la to run the country without incompetence, cronyism, neglect and geneally greasy behaviour.

• Advertisement

:
    Crises and scandals don't have to be the norm. We don't need some imagined shangri-la to run the country without incompetence, cronyism, neglect and geneally greasy behaviour.

:D

You forgot corruption!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement