Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,175 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1019/1172407-covid-19-midwest/

Just one mans refusal to follow guidelines. Personal responsibility, first, last and everywhere in between.

What are the government getting involved for if it is down to personal responsibility?

Silly argument the first time you fell back on it and sillier now.

What are the government getting involved for if it is down to personal responsibility?

Silly argument the first time you fell back on it and sillier now.

Unfortunately, if people cannot be sensible enough to follow guidelines, the government has to get tough. Sad, really.

Unfortunately, if people cannot be sensible enough to follow guidelines, the government has to get tough. Sad, really.

Like the way they got tough on the GAA today? Jayus Maryanne. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Tough on what? No power for the guards to stop house parties, schools open....but tough on struggling businesses trying to make a living? Tough on services that people need?

• Advertisement

Like the way they got tough on the GAA today? Jayus Maryanne. :rolleyes:

Thank God my horse can still run!

Poor Frankie. I feel your pain.

Thank God my horse can still run!

Poor Frankie. I feel your pain.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

There's been no confusion, just fools not prepared not to follow the rules.

Are you being serious? Have you already forgotten the infamous press conference that rolled out the 5 level plan and then moved us to Level 2.5? They were re-writing the online plan within hours of the announcement.

Why were they leaking so much in advance of the official announcement? They seem utterly incapable of.....ah why do I bother....

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

That was the speech of his career.

How is Alan Farrell's tweet standing up now?

https://twitter.com/AlanFarrell/status/1317079759030026240

So NPHET were doing all the leaks today? I doubt that.

This government cannot even control it's own ministers.

Is Dara going to remind us what Covid likes to do?

Leo got a comment? I doubt it.

• Advertisement

The simple truth is that the government and HSE did not increase ICU capacity during the summer when everybody knew there would be a Covid spike and that the hospitals would struggle, as they do every winter because of FF+FG inaction for decades. Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How is Alan Farrell's tweet standing up now?

https://twitter.com/AlanFarrell/status/1317079759030026240

So NPHET were doing all the leaks today? I doubt that.

This government cannot even control it's own ministers.

Is Dara going to remind us what Covid likes to do?

Leo got a comment? I doubt it.

NPHET were the source of leaks from within cabinet meetings no-one from NPHET attended.

Figure that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

or follow the advice of the experts...until they have to convene a special cabinet meeting, suck in the tummy muscles after wasting two weeks and do what they were supposed to do before somebody went on a solo run and confused everyone.
    Shambles.

Poor Francie. If only Angus O'Snodaigh , Foghorn voice Doherty and Dessie Ellis and the crew were in charge. Those lads would know what to do. FFS.

Pity Leo didn't know the meaning of the word 'preemptive' two weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/NewstalkFM/status/1318292005450059780

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Leo's turning down of NPHET cost every one in the country two weeks of lockdown. What a man.

Have another read of the October 4th letter if you're in any doubt.

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/ba4aa0-letters-from-the-cmo-to-the-minister-for-health/#october

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    Leo's turning down of NPHET cost every one in the country two weeks of lockdown. What a man.

Have another read of the October 4th letter if you're in any doubt.

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/ba4aa0-letters-from-the-cmo-to-the-minister-for-health/#october

The Leoitis again. Good man

The Leoitis again. Good man

He wanted all the attention and now he has it. Just a pity that we all have to suffer for his ego.

He wanted all the attention and now he has it. Just a pity that we all have to suffer for his ego.

So it was all Leo?
    That's just plain stupid thought process.
    Rumor has Donnelly was against Level 5 even today, and all the letters in your link are to the Minister for Health, not Leo.

So it was all Leo?
    Rumor has Donnelly was against Level 5 even today, and all the letters in your link are to the Minister for Health, not Leo.

A bit of coalition pass the buck there BoH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Nothing but Sinn Fein types hate the Guards too. Was accused of being an ex Guard here myself which curiously they imagine is an insult.

I'll fill in. Lot of anger on here.
    Not sure what SF have to do with my comment on a news report. I wasn't even being critical of the police force. The blood is always up with some folk.
    There's been no confusion, just fools not prepared not to follow the rules.

Like FF/FG.

They all admitted their 2.5 etc. tweeks were confusing. People should know better by this stage, agreed. There will always be chancers and the foolish. The idea that we need no guidance or rules is handy for getting FF/FG off the hook, but people don't function like that.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    And he is quite rightly being investigated by the Gardai. So what point exactly are you trying to make?

So paranoid. My comment was my comment. Being in cahoots with FF has yis on edge ;)

So it was all Leo?

Was Harris told he's no longer Health minister?
    Is LV convinced of the severity yet? It's a joke with two key gilly's looking for attention playing politics.

Bowie wrote: »
    I'll fill in. Lot of anger on here.
    Not sure what SF have to do with my comment on a news report. I wasn't even being critical of the police force. The blood is always up with some folk.

Like FF/FG.

They all admitted their 2.5 etc. tweeks were confusing. People should know better by this stage, agreed. There will always be chancers and the foolish. The idea that we need no guidance or rules is handy for getting FF/FG off the hook, but people don't function like that.

Sure, I understand that, but blaming Govt is a cop out.
    I was in Longford the other day, I met several people from Cavan shopping in the stores in town. They were from a level 4 County and not supposed to be there
    So I can see the sense of the all Ireland lockdown because of that. But that's the problem, not that restrictions weren't in place, just ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is LV convinced of the severity yet? It's a joke with two key gilly's looking for attention playing politics.

I tell ya, they are all puppets of Denis O’Brien, you’ve got their number Bowie, keep up the good work.

Nope, they are politicians, they are ministers in govt, not playing.
    Thats what you and me are at here.

He can't even get his excuses straight. Clueless spoofer is Leo. Another Covid 18 moment.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1318315576322830337?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So paranoid. My comment was my comment. Being in cahoots with FF has yis on edge ;)

So you told us something was happening and we are supposed to magically divine whether it is relevant to anything we are talking about. Pity I have fallen behind in my astrology and tarot reading classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He can't even get his excuses straight. Clueless spoofer is Leo. Another Covid 18 moment.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1318315576322830337?s=19

That's what I was thinking when I heard him blurt that waffle out of his mouth, and also gave "we didn't know what to do with PUP" as a reason to attack NPHET......

Heads-up Leo, it's not NPHETS fault you and your coalition partners didn't know what to do,not is their responsibility to figure it out for you either - you lads are in the big chairs making the decisions.

CB got rightfully stuck into Donnelly too, telling him that they gambled on black and it came up red, and now we had six weeks of Lockdown to deal with their dithering and incompetence.

It's a sh1tshow, people are going to be rightly angry.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking when I heard him blurt that waffle out of his mouth, and also gave "we didn't know what to do with PUP" as a reason to attack NPHET......

Heads-up Leo, it's not NPHETS fault you and your coalition partners didn't know what to do,not is their name b to figure it out for you either - you lads are in the big chairs making the decisions.

CB got rightfully stuck into Donnelly too, telling him that they gambled on black and it came up red, and now we had six weeks of Lockdown to deal with their dithering and incompetence.

It's a sh1tshow, people are going to be rightly angry.

Hope that one gets picked up tomorrow. He should right and truly embarrassed for it. As well as the other stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement