Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not really a fan of multi quoting bren, so forgive me, but there's a load of tosh here to be taken apart.
    Where did I say it was ok Randall.
    Forgive me, well spotted I obviously meant wasn't ok, they fcuked up.
    Randall, good lad, put on your ‘ BigBoy’ pants and think for yourself for once.
    I did think for myself Brenner, I didn't darken the door of a pub or restaurant during the Christmas break, and I severely limited my movements, and who entered my house.
    Did MMMCD not support the opening of public houses?
    So? Did she agree with the pubs opening and people then not restricting their household visiting afterwards?

And if she did, so? That just means McDonald agreed with the wrong advice the government dished out. Does one cancel the other out, or what's the relevance here either way:confused:
    Youu seem to champion those who cannot think for themselves, yet your alledged leader was front and central in leading the open campaign.
    see above - and btw, I have no leader. Political or otherwise.
    Do you want to micro-manage everybodies life, dude.
    No, we're discussing the "Irresponsibility" of people taking the official government advice, including the Tanaiste, and meeting labelled irresponsible for doing so.
    What’s this crap about “it’s not all about you”.

Can we get real here.

It's self-explanatory isn't it. You say you didn't go into a pub and then visit households later.

It's not about you so. It's about the people who did, because they thought it was safe to do so, because the govt told them it was.

Jesus Christ almighty. This is hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I see Ireland is now no1 in Europe on suppression of the 3rd wave covid 19.
    Wonder who will get the praise for that?

'I put out more house fires than anyone else. Because I had more house fires than anyone else'.

The government were not blamed for the disease. They were blamed for poor handling. Good to see they are learning as they go. Unfortunate that the public bear the cost.

Just yesterday we'd the Garda representatives saying nobody has told them what they can or should be doing as regards the already announced new restrictions.
    #seniorhurling

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    Not really a fan of multi quoting bren, so forgive me, but there's a load of tosh here to be taken apart.

Forgive me, well spotted I obviously meant wasn't ok, they fcuked up.

I did think for myself Brenner, I didn't darken the door of a pub or restaurant during the Christmas break, and I severely limited my movements, and who entered my house.

So? Did she agree with the pubs opening and people then not restricting their household visiting afterwards?

And if she did, so? That just means McDonald agreed with the wrong advice the government dished out. Does one cancel the other out, or what's the relevance here either way:confused:
    see above - and btw, I have no leader. Political or otherwise.

No, we're discussing the "Irresponsibility" of people taking the official government advice, including the Tanaiste, and meeting labelled irresponsible for doing so.

It's self-explanatory isn't it. You say you didn't go into a pub and then visit households later.

It's not about you so. It's about the people who did, because that thought it was safe to do so, because the govt told them it was.

Jesus Christ almighty. This is hard work.

Randall, please forgive me, I’m like a lad working down at the sewerage depot.

I haven’t the energy to cut through that latest inflow.

My apologies.

Just an addendum

The Gubbermint gave me a licence to bring the slab out for a drive less than 5k

They didn’t tell me it was safe to drive a 134km per hr .

Go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Where did I say it was ok Randall.

Randall, good lad, put on your ‘ BigBoy’ pants and think for yourself for once.

Did MMMCD not support the opening of public houses?

You seem to champion those who cannot think for themselves, yet your alledged leader was front and central in leading the open campaign.

Do you want to micro-manage everybodies life, dude.

What’s this crap about “it’s not all about you”.

Can we get real here.

Jaysus talk about having your cake and eating it. Government supporters on here moan all the time the opposition just oppose the government for the sake of it, then we have an occasion were the opposition agree with the government and now the government supporters are moaning that opposition shouldn't have agreed with them and it is all the oppositions fault again.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Floppybits wrote: »
    Jaysus talk about having your cake and eating it. Government supporters on here moan all the time the opposition just oppose the government for the sake of it, then we have an occasion were the opposition agree with the government and now the government supporters are moaning that opposition shouldn't have agreed with them and it is all the oppositions fault again.

It is funny to watch this alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It is funny to watch this alright.

Always someone else's fault.

Randall, please forgive me, I’m like a lad working down at the sewerage depot.

I haven’t the energy to cut through that latest inflow.

My apologies.

Just an addendum

The Gubbermint gave me a licence to bring the slab out for a drive less than 5k

They didn’t tell me it was safe to drive a 134km per hr .

Go figure

No but if they did, and it was contrary to the RSA advice you might, like on another planet, have a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

:

:D

You forgot corruption!!!

Fine Gael TDs will be a bit upset today BB

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/court-awards-for-whiplash-injury-claims-may-be-halved-40058280.html
    Court awards for whiplash injury claims may be halved

Lest we forget ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No but if they did, and it was contrary to the RSA advice you might, like on another planet, have a point.

They treat Covid like a Garda seeing speeding. 'Don't look at me sure personal responsibility. We advise not to go fast but sure what can you do?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Looks like Alan Farrell got his claims in at the right time.

• Advertisement

All that multi quoting(very impressive in fairness) Randal, must have weakened your resolve .

The bottom line of course is that it’s up to the individual to make up their own mind.

It’s a bit like a beach being open, ok to bathe, but there is a risk.

You weigh up the safety issues yourself, and decide whether to don the budgie smugglers and take the plunge or not.

Think for yourself really, no need for a Soviet style regime the Shinners seem to eschew.

Those black and white outfits are 1976 North Korea, I always think.

All that multi quoting(very impressive in fairness) Randal, must have weakened your resolve .

The bottom line of course is that it’s up to the individual to make up their own mind.

You weigh up the safety issues yourself, and decide whether to don the budgie smugglers and take the plunge or not.

Think for yourself really, no need for a Soviet style regime the Shinners seem to eschew.

So you're against lockdown?

smurgen wrote: »
    So you're against lockdown?

How come?

How come?

You said "The bottom line of course is that it’s up to the individual to make up their own mind.

It’s a bit like a beach being open, ok to bathe, but there is a risk." So you would rather restrictions were lifted so people could exercise personal responsibility?

Looks like Alan Farrell got his claims in at the right time.

The car that rolled into him was travelling at 5 miles an hour.

https://extra.ie/2019/06/05/news/irish-news/alan-farrell-whiplash-claim
    Despite the minor nature of the collision, Fine Gael TD Alan Farrell had more than €880 worth of repairs done to his car.

Mr Farrell later dropped the material damage claim after photos of the vehicle were shown in court.

Following the ‘crash’, the Dublin TD alleged that he suffered the effects of whiplash for up to 18 months and brought forward a personal injuries claim for up to €15,000.

After awarding Mr Farrell €2,500 for his injuries, Judge Coghlan said there was ‘little or no notation to back up a claim of significant whiplash’.

‘In the circumstances, I consider it to be a very minor injury,’ he said.

Where exactly did he spend the 880 repairs? ;)

Same lad was playing 5 a side not a bother on him in and around the time of the claim. Maria Bailey posting pb running times when her claims were in. Low level criminality. Normally FG only go for the big payoff cronyism.

So Leo was irresponsible for visiting a restaurant?

Just to come back to this. Do you reckon anyone who caught covid got the risk assessment wrong?

You said "The bottom line of course is that it’s up to the individual to make up their own mind.

It’s a bit like a beach being open, ok to bathe, but there is a risk." So you would rather restrictions were lifted so people could exercise personal responsibility?

No.

Like I have been saying, dude, it’s like driving a motor.

You operate within rules set out, being allowed out on the road doesn’t mean you abandon all regulations and do what you like .

You temper your decisions by the conditions that are current, dude.

You don’t go out in heavy snow and ice and behave like it was clear bright and dry?

What kind of victory are you failing to achieve, my friend.

:pac:

No.

Like I have been saying, dude, it’s like driving a motor.

You operate within rules set out, being allowed out on the road doesn’t mean you abandon all regulations and do what you like .

You temper your decisions by the conditions that are current, dude.

You don’t go out in heavy snow and ice and behave like it was clear bright and dry?

What kind of victory are you failing to achieve, my friend.

:pac:

But driving is highly regulated and you will get fined and arrested for breaking the rules. You didn't think about this analogy did you? Not sure what point if any you had or are trying to make. All very confusing Brendi.

• Advertisement

But driving is highly regulated and you will get fined and arrested for breaking the rules. You didn't think about this analogy did you? Not sure what point if any you had or are trying to make. All very confusing Brendi.

It’s very simple,my friend, every action one takes involves an element of risk, crossing the road, swimming, taking a flight.

There is advice given, there are rules to either ignore or comply with, but.... there is always the risk element.

That’s where you come in, you assess the situation and take it from there.

How is that so difficult, a chara.

Ditch the auld blame game ,dude.

Duddn’t cut the mustard here .

Any word from our government on Loyalist and psni action in Belfast? Funny they seem so vocal on things got to do with the North when it suits them. Maybe michael Martin can write a letter to Arlene.

It’s very simple,my friend, every action one takes involves an element of risk, crossing the road, swimming, taking a flight.

There is advice given, there are rules to either ignore or comply with, but.... there is always the risk element.

That’s where you come in, you assess the situation and take it from there.

How is that so difficult, a chara.

Ditch the auld blame game ,dude.

Duddn’t cut the mustard here .

So the government with the best advisors and statical data made the wrong calls yet you're expecting 60/70/80 year olds to correctly assess risks of a deadly virus?

So the government with the best advisors and statical data made the wrong calls yet you're expecting 60/70/80 year olds to correctly assess risks of a deadly virus?

Mr Ageist has surfaced eh:eek:

Not all people need the Gubbermint put them on the teat, cradle to grave.

Put down the spade dude, you’ve hit rock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Them garages would screw you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Just watching reeling in the years.
    There was a clip of DeValera handing over the seal of office to Liam Cosgrave, he looked sick to be doing it. Cosgrave had a smirky grin on him.
    Jesus if them lads were around to see today's govt. :D:D

Just watching reeling in the years.
    There was a clip of DeValera handing over the seal of office to Liam Cosgrave, he looked sick to be doing it. Cosgrave had a smirky grin on him.
    Jesus if them lads were around to see today's govt. :D:D

Yeh........yeh...... the mind boggles Bish.

And if they saw the opposition............:o

Yeh........yeh...... the mind boggles Bish.

And if they saw the opposition............:o

Dev would be immensely proud of how much FF and FG continue to protect the Roman Catholic Church despite their criminal wrongdoings. For wrongdoings read evil.

No response on Alan Farrell then?

Mr Ageist has surfaced eh:eek:

Not all people need the Gubbermint put them on the teat, cradle to grave.

Put down the spade dude, you’ve hit rock :D

Not following you? The ageism accusation is a curious one. If anyone is ageist it's surely FFG older people left fending for themselves. The nursing homes federation couldn't get hold of Simon Harris leading to hundreds of unnecessary deaths. Must infuriate you?

• Advertisement

Looks like FFG mismanagement is the weak link in the zero covid strategy chain. How much longer can the keep using Westminster as an excuse if this type of thing is happening?

"Hundreds of British passengers returning from Dubai have been using Dublin as a back door to avoid strict UK travel restrictions and quarantine in recent days in a development that has sparked serious concern among airport staff.

Flights to and from the Middle East, as well as onward connecting flights from Dublin to the UK, have been extremely busy since the British government banned direct passenger flights from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) a week ago."

https://amp.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/hundreds-dodge-uk-travel-ban-via-dublin-as-irish-passengers-jet-off-to-holiday-destinations-after-500-fines-40060396.html?__twitter_impression=true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement