Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I can't believe Emirates Dubai - Dublin is still operational. That's a big plane (Boeing 777) - how can it be profitable??

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I can't believe Emirates Dubai - Dublin is still operational. That's a big plane (Boeing 777) - how can it be profitable??

Not sure, but it the UK passengers tale is anything to go by, is it possible that others are using us as a hub of sorts?

i.e if your home nation has banned direct flights from UAE, fly to/from there via Dublin?

Brendan O'Connor just said that the Irish Daily Mail have an article where M Martin has admitted they got it wrong by opening up before Christmas. Oh dear.

Has he admitted yet that the government did in fact bail out the banks? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brendan O'Connor just said that the Irish Daily Mail have an article where M Martin has admitted they got it wrong by opening up before Christmas. Oh dear.

But I thought the general consensus by certain posters on this site was that the people were being irresponsible and not having any cop on to ignore govt advice were to blame:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The cost benefit of running this flight during a pandemic blows my mind. Remember too the 17% full flight that lead to 59 cases in Ireland was possibly the Dubai Dublin flight.

https://twitter.com/lay_overs/status/1353419057182040067?s=19

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    But I thought the general consensus by certain posters on this site was that the people were being irresponsible and not having any cop on to ignore govt advice were to blame:confused:

I think some folks will be crawling back under their quilt this morning :D

It's must be exhausting continually toeing the party line when the leaders themselves keep flip flopping.

The best advice any FF minister gave was....Covid loves to party. Not sure what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Has he admitted yet that the government did in fact bail out the banks? ;)

Well, Sinn Fein welcomed the relaxation of the restrictions before Christmas.
    In fact, MLMD said on a radio interview that 'Ireland deserves to have a good Christmas'

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1332401031859359746

The ONLY party who have any leg to stand on are the SD's, the rest are just flowing with the wind.

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, Sinn Fein welcomed the relaxation of the restrictions before Christmas.
    In fact, MLMD said on a radio interview that 'Ireland deserves to have a good Christmas'

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1332401031859359746

The ONLY party who have any leg to stand on are the SD's, the rest are just flowing with the wind.

As you know Mark, I do not vote for SF - I voted for the SDs and Catherine Connolly (Ind) in GE20 and GE16. Before 2016 I voted FG for 20 years.

Now my statement was about FFG finally admitting they made a mistake. A costly one.
    What are your thoughts on that before you go sharing the blame?

As you know Mark, I do not vote for SF - I voted for the SDs and Catherine Connolly (Ind) in GE20 and GE16. Before 2016 I voted FG for 20 years.

Now my statement was about FFG finally admitting they made a mistake. A costly one.
    What are your thoughts on that before you go sharing the blame?

Well, at least they admitted it.
    What has SF admitted they ever did wrong?

Seeing as you are a fan of Catherine Connoly, what do you make of this exchange

https://twitter.com/joefla/status/1357019662836502528

Not sure why you want to move the goalposts so quickly but I think she is a superb leas Ceann comhairle. I only look for 2 things before I give my No. 1 vote - Honesty and Capability. Very very few FFG candidates have these qualities. If they do, the party soon changes that.

Did you catch any of her speeches on the Mother and Baby home report and handling thereof? Anything you disagreed with?

• Advertisement

Not sure why you want to move the goalposts so quickly but I think she is a superb leas Ceann comhairle. I only look for 2 things before I give my No. 1 vote - Honesty and Capability. Very very few FFG candidates have these qualities. If they do, the party soon changes that.

Did you catch any of her speeches on the Mother and Baby home report and handling thereof? Anything you disagreed with?

Catherine Connolly is one of the better ones, I do admit that. Not sure what you want from me, some kind of gotcha won't be forthcoming.

PM about the M&B issue, as I have more to say about that.

It is a pity those three SF Men (OK, one is ex-SF) showed her such disrespect last weak but par of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,321 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Donnelly wasn't critcised for 'challenging' the LCC, that happens every day of the week, Donnelly was criticised for his downright arrogance and sexist finger wagging.

Catherine Connolly is one of the better ones, I do admit that. Not sure what you want from me, some kind of gotcha won't be forthcoming.

PM about the M&B issue, as I have more to say about that.

It is a pity those three SF Men (OK, one is ex-SF) showed her such disrespect last weak but par of the course.

She needs the patience of a saint to deal with the vast majority of muppets in our Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Aghhh. When I criticised this initiative as overly bureaucratic in here I was called negative again. Looks like it was an absolute failure.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1358356178129010692?s=19

Donnelly wasn't critcised for 'challenging' the LCC, that happens every day of the week, Donnelly was criticised for his downright arrogance and sexist finger wagging.

As opposed to the gentlemanly and chivalrous behaviour from the 3 lads last week.

As opposed to the gentlemanly and chivalrous behaviour from the 3 lads last week.

That happens everyday of the week mark. The Dáil set-up is an argumentative one. Not unusual for the 'order bell' to be hit. What was 'unusual' about Donnelly's outburst was his arrogant sexist finger wagging. That was why he was called out on it and had to apologise.

That happens everyday of the week mark. The Dáil set-up is an argumentative one. Not unusual for the 'order bell' to be hit. What was 'unusual' about Donnelly's outburst was his arrogant sexist finger wagging. That was why he was called out on it and had to apologise.

Ah so what 3, yes 3 SF lads did was just par of the course......
    But SD was different...

Steven Donnelly may be many things, but a sexist, I think not.

Ah so what 3, yes 3 SF lads did was just par of the course......
    But SD was different...

Steven Donnelly may be many things, but a sexist, I think not.

That's what he was accused of and if you watch him dismissively wagging his finger at a woman, it is hard to disagree. Here is his apology:
    Mr Donnelly said on Thursday that he spoke “in what was without doubt an unacceptable and inappropriate way” to the chair and it was something he “sincerely regrets”.

That's what he was accused of and if you watch him dismissively wagging his finger at a woman, it is hard to disagree. Here is his apology:

Nothing there about sexism......

I think you want to put something there that isn't there.

Did the three SF lads apologise by the way, or is that 'different'.

Dara Calleary is absolutely floundering on Covid response on the Week in Politics. He won't answer the simple questions and now says there are legal issues preventing them working with Northern Ireland executive on Covid information sharing re travel. Legal issues for 11 months!?
    He is now saying its unfair to have 3 opposition people on the program challenging him. Very weak. Floundering. Rte1 + 1.

• Advertisement

Nothing there about sexism......

I think you want to put something there that isn't there.

Did the three SF lads apologise by the way, or is that 'different'.

I know you love a tangent but what did you think of Catherine Connolly calling MM, Leo and Roderic the "3 Unwise Men" multiple times in the Dail during her mother and baby home speeches? Acceptable? Justified?

I know you love a tangent but what did you think of Catherine Connolly calling MM, Leo and Roderic the "3 Unwise Men" multiple times in the Dail during her mother and baby home speeches? Acceptable? Justified?

As I said, I'll discuss the M&B issue with you all day long if you want. PM me for reasons Ill explain.

As I said, I'll discuss the M&B issue with you all day long if you want. PM me for reasons Ill explain.

When will those affected by it,or their surviving relatives receive adequate compemsation?

When will those affected by it,or their surviving relatives receive adequate compemsation?

Why are you asking me?

Why are you asking me?

Your proclaiming you want to discuss this,so as the resident ffg fan....

When do you feel they should receive the compemsation....and should the government resign,if they fail to meet your deadline?

Your proclaiming you want to discuss this,so as the resident ffg fan....

I said Ill discuss this offline with someone else, the invitation doesn't extend to you.
    When do you feel they should receive the compemsation....and should the government resign,if they fail to meet your deadline?

Again, why are you asking me? I am not 'Da Guberment', nor do I work in any government department, or politician or political party.... you may as well ask your cat that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dara Calleary is absolutely floundering on Covid response on the Week in Politics. He won't answer the simple questions and now says there are legal issues preventing them working with Northern Ireland executive on Covid information sharing re travel. Legal issues for 11 months!?
    He is now saying its unfair to have 3 opposition people on the program challenging him. Very weak. Floundering. Rte1 + 1.

That’s the normal Rte line up. 3 to 1 on the panel, then the ‘presenter’ makes it 4 to 1 in favour of the opposition.

That’s the normal Rte line up. 3 to 1 on the panel, then the ‘presenter’ makes it 4 to 1 in favour of the opposition.

He should have answered the questions then. The truth is the truth. He avoided and spoofed before sobbing it was unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Dara Calleary is absolutely floundering on Covid response on the Week in Politics.

Good job for him he gave his name as Patrick Donovan and affected a Limerick accent, so hopefully his reputation won't suffer any further damage...

• Advertisement

Good job for him he gave his name as Patrick Donovan and affected a Limerick accent, so hopefully his reputation won't suffer any further damage...

You are right! It wasn't Calleary. It was Donovan.
    I missed the start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement