Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

markodaly wrote: »
    Again, why are you asking me? I am not 'Da Guberment', nor do I work in any government department, or politician or political party.... you may as well ask your cat that question.

I asked for your opioion,on what should happen next.....like,you are surely capable of forming one??

But whatever,if your unable too,thats ok too

• Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Dara Calleary is absolutely floundering on Covid response on the Week in Politics. He won't answer the simple questions and now says there are legal issues preventing them working with Northern Ireland executive on Covid information sharing re travel. Legal issues for 11 months!?
    He is now saying its unfair to have 3 opposition people on the program challenging him. Very weak. Floundering. Rte1 + 1.

I don't know how many times I have pointed out the GDPR difficulties, especially since Brexit on January 1st. Not a bit surprised that there are legal issues.

When will those affected by it,or their surviving relatives receive adequate compemsation?

Isn't there a whole thread for that?

blanch152 wrote: »

Surely it is ok to discuss it,within context of government policy??

All this talk about it,havnt yet heard ffg promising compemsation to them,hopefully sonner the better,or will they bother atal??

• Registered Users Posts: 69,323 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He is now saying its unfair to have 3 opposition people on the program challenging him. Very weak. Floundering. Rte1 + 1.

He did not??? How embarrassing. That has been the format of that programme since it started. He'll be saying he's afraid to go into the Dáil next. :):)

• Advertisement

Surely it is ok to discuss it,within context of government policy??

All this talk about it,havnt yet heard ffg promising compemsation to them,hopefully sonner the better,or will they bother atal??

Who should get compensation?

How much?

Who should pay for it?

Those are points to discuss, appropriate to the correct thread.

The independent report suggests that only a minority should be compensated, do you agree?

None of those questions are relevant to the government thread, really.

Who should get compensation?

How much?

Who should pay for it?

Those are points to discuss, appropriate to the correct thread.

The independent report suggests that only a minority should be compensated, do you agree?

None of those questions are relevant to the government thread, really.

i feel they are entirely relevent to a discussion on government policy,as ultimately it will be government will sign off on it??

This really isnt a difficult concept to grasp....

Personally i feel all affected should be offered compensation anyway....ultimately the state is responsible for its citizens welfare and these folk were badly wronged

Will this be signed off by st patricks day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well, Sinn Fein ....

Is that what the FF/FG/Green voters want to hear do you think?

Sure go back to telling us anyone talking about Varadkar in a FG thread is obsessed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You really want that topic to go away? I noticed you have commented on it a few times but never respond to questions. Strange. Party before justice. Isn't there a whole bunch of threads for your SF obsession?

Do you think it was acceptable for Connolly to call MM, Leo and O'Gorman the '3 Unwise Men' multiple times in the Dail when berating their handling of the Mother and Baby report and legislation?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't know how many times I have pointed out the GDPR difficulties, especially since Brexit on January 1st. Not a bit surprised that there are legal issues.

Nonsense. Even Donovan admitted the required legislation was well overdue but was being worked now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

Just because you refuse to discuss it outside of dismissing any criticism that doesn't mean it can't be commented on in a government thread from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Just because you refuse to discuss it outside of dismissing any criticism that doesn't mean it can't be commented on in a government thread from time to time

Seems to be standard practice on here. Its the same with throwing out widely inaccurate and exaggerated claims and then when questioned on those claims the poster ignores the questions or disappears for a bit. I believe that its just someone doing it to get a reaction.

If I feel I have anything to say on the independent report, I will comment in the relevant thread.

Not going to do so here.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Seems to be standard practice on here. Its the same with throwing out widely inaccurate and exaggerated claims and then when questioned on those claims the poster ignores the questions or disappears for a bit. I believe that its just someone doing it to get a reaction.

Just another ad hominem attack.

Debate the issues in the appropriate thread.

Just another ad hominem attack.

Debate the issues in the appropriate thread.

Ah can you answer my question from the other day? The one you falsely accused me of having a rant but when I asked you to provide the evidence of where I went on said rant you did what you always do and ran away and hid?

So why don't you instead of coming on here taking down to anyone who has alternative view to you and maybe treat people with a bit of respect no matter what side of the argument they may be on. Its not that much to ask. As I said to your mate crazy horse or whatever his name was, If you have a problem with any of my posts feel free to use the report button that's what it is there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I asked for your opioion,on what should happen next.....like,you are surely capable of forming one??

No, not asking for an opinion but a definite timeline.
    When will those affected by it,or their surviving relatives receive adequate compemsation?

Is that what the FF/FG/Green voters want to hear do you think?

Sure go back to telling us anyone talking about Varadkar in a FG thread is obsessed...

I think in the context that people want to bash the government over the easing of restrictions before Christmas but need to be aware that the leading opposition party, SF were fully in favour of this measure.

Here it is again.

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1332401031859359746

Kinda when SF were against the Bank Bailout but also voted for it..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I think in the context that people want to bash the government over the easing of restrictions before Christmas but need to be aware that the leading opposition party, SF were fully in favour of this measure.

Here it is again.

Listened to it and she didn't claim what you're saying. Is this like the time you said there was a covid vaccine timeline when there wasn't?

Are we not done with the toing and froing on the pre Christmas opening up?
    Micheál Martin, The Taoiseach, has admitted it was a mistake.

smurgen wrote: »
    Listened to it and she didn't claim what you're saying. Is this like the time you said there was a covid vaccine timeline when there wasn't?

MLMD
    There is a great measure of relief that families will be able to meet over Christmas and I think that is essential and the right call.

• Advertisement

If people are going to criticise the government for the Christmas reopening, then you have to ask, why were the leading opposition party in full agreement with the same easing of restrictions.

agh yes.....just knew someone else was responsible for governmemt decisions.......

Do you guys honestly believe the public,are going to buy this talking point?

Yous make a song and dance gloating shinners arent in government,now want em responsible for government decisions

They do love having their cake and eating it. Always someone else's fault. MLMD should have used her position as Taoiseach to stop Martin and FFG from opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

If people are going to criticise the government for the Christmas reopening, then you have to ask, why were the leading opposition party in full agreement with the same easing of restrictions.

The CMO said house visits or hospitality. Do you remember? Sounds like you're not thinking this through.

If people are going to criticise the government for the Christmas reopening,

Do you criticise the government mark? Funny I can't see you doing that since Martin admitted to the mistake. A mistake that has had tragic consequences.

Here it is again.

If you feel the government are being unfairly bashed, surely you can dispute any charge rather than trying to deflect from them?

Again for any non sf voter is this the best you can muster, do you think its satisfactory to hide from criticism by pointing elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Again for any non sf voter is this the best you can muster, do you think its satisfactory to hide from criticism by pointing elsewhere?

SF were the cheerleaders in looking for the Xmas ‘break’.

It was decided to give some relief to the public, it was a bad decision all round.
    It was taken in good faith and in hindsight was not a good idea.

That’s what happens when trying to achieve balance .

Time to move on and learn the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

How can something,which involved ignoring expert advice,be regarded as in good faith?

Ask your leader?

it wasn’t done to spread the virus around the country.

Every day people make decisions, driving cars, at work, traveling in public transport, betting on horses.

Most are good , but some are not, even less are not in good faith.

You weigh things up and make your decision, that’s how life works dude.

Ask your leader?

it wasn’t done to spread the virus around the country.

Every day people make decisions, driving cars, at work, traveling in public transport, betting on horses.

Most are good , but some are not, even less are not in good faith.

You weigh things up and make your decision, that’s how life works dude.

And yous accept responsibility,when you get decision wrong,this is how life works

From what i can see,ffg have blamed everyone else since xmas for the mess that unfolded.....from tourists,to imaginary northern corridor,to the uk/english varient,to the general public, now somehow its shinners fault,

Who or what will it be next week??

But we are dealing with peoplel,whom ok leaking confidential documents and instead of accepting responsibility,scream all sorts of spurious nonsense at anyone who dare qs it

• Advertisement

And yous accept responsibility,when you get decision wrong,this is how life works

From what i can see,ffg have blamed everyone else since xmas for the mess that unfolded.....from tourists,to imaginary northern corridor,to the uk/english varient,to the general public, now somehow its shinners fault,

Who or what will it be next week??

But we are dealing with peoplel,whom ok leaking confidential documents and instead of accepting responsibility,scream all sorts of spurious nonsense at anyone who dare qs it

No accountability. We have seen it time and time again it's either no one's fault or everyone's fault but never ever the governments fault. From the old folks homes being ignored at the start of the pandemic, golfgate, Leo leaking, Woulfe's crony appointment and now the easing of restrictions against NPHET advice always the same line we all partied except we didn't and those that did could only do so because the government lifted the restrictions on both home visiting and bars and restaurants

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement