Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

And yous accept responsibility,when you get decision wrong,this is how life works

From what i can see,ffg have blamed everyone else since xmas for the mess that unfolded.....from tourists,to imaginary northern corridor,to the uk/english varient,to the general public, now somehow its shinners fault,

Who or what will it be next week??

But we are dealing with peoplel,whom ok leaking confidential documents and instead of accepting responsibility,scream all sorts of spurious nonsense at anyone who dare qs it

You can’t have it every way dude.

Decisions have to be made , advice is given and taken, and all parameters are taken into account.

The govt took the decision, Sf supported it, it was done in good faith, it didn’t work out.

Everybody needs to learn from this including the public.

Time to move on...

The we all partied line,sickens my sh1t....from recessions

(my folks have had 1 forgien holiday,in 30 odd years,a parish trip to lourdes,which they saved for,for years.....somehow they are equal to blame as developers,while in reality used get sneered at for being poor during the boom years)

The we all partied line for the diaster here at xmas,it become obvious to all where i worked,things were out of control a week before xmas,we called off the going for beers on closing night.....i havnt seen most of my friends in over 12 months now,

but we're to all to blame here,fcuk them and the media that helps them push this nonsense

We didn’t all party, some did, as will always happen, and it’s still happening.

Flinging blame around the place isn’t going to solve anything, much as we might like to.

Xmas is over, time to move on ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The we all partied line,sickens my sh1t....from recessions

(my folks have had 1 forgien holiday,in 30 odd years,a parish trip to lourdes,which they saved for,for years.....somehow they are equal to blame as developers,while in reality used get sneered at for being poor during the boom years)

The we all partied line for the diaster here at xmas,it become obvious to all where i worked,things were out of control a week before xmas,we called off the going for beers on closing night.....i havnt seen most of my friends in over 12 months now,

but we're to all to blame here,fcuk them and the media that helps them push this nonsense

I think it sickens most people when they hear that line and its the same now, like I said earlier with FFG there is accountability and its either we are all to blame or no one is to blame. We see it now with the decisions taken by the government at Christmas and we have seen it with the response of the Taoiseach to the mother and baby homes report as well.

Just like they tried to blame the collapse of Goldman Sachs for the banking crisis now they are blaming the different variants of Covid on the spike in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,323 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Flinging blame around the place isn’t going to solve anything, much as we might like to.

But Maryanne and others here are flinging the 'blame' around, for months they blamed the people.

Until Micheál confessed that it, that it was a tragic mistake to do what they did before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People are dead...time to move on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Communications clinic seem to be the go to for all sorts of emergency ass covering exercises. Mass dumping of child bodies in septic tanks exposed or exam results calculation errors - Terry Prone has you covered.

https://twitter.com/gabysayshey/status/1358680015978774531?s=19

The power swap really did set things up sweetly here. Asking questions are 'against the rules' it seems.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40221488.html?fbclid=IwAR0f_BMvBatQZ5Yq-9oMC3vOHm5uOqLRVH6CGI53D1bgH60HtyWuSOGOVpQ

But Maryanne and others here are flinging the 'blame' around, for months they blamed the people.

Until Micheál confessed that it, that it was a tragic mistake to do what they did before Christmas.

Well Francie, when you are out for your run do you never see folk breaking the regulations?

MaryAnne is dead right to blame some of the people, I know plenty of people who carry on as normal, no social distancing, no 5km stuff, holidays, (and no, I haven’t a link) while other decide to comply.

Sinn Fein were fully supportive in the ‘opening up’ before Xmas, so it might be a good idea to stop using a pandemic for political capital.

It was done for the right reasons but in hindsight was not a good decision.

Trying to involve MaryAnne in your argument is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

SF were the cheerleaders in looking for the Xmas ‘break’.

Ah lovely....so now the government ignored NPHET but took advice from their friends in Sinn Fein.

The spin department running out of excuses BB ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Everybody needs to learn from this including the public.

Yes indeed - Vote for the Social Democrats!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brenner was at it himself - gave an analogy about driving his Volvo at 130kmph - so long as it was inside his 5km limit.

People who ignore govt advice - selfish and irresponsible.
    People who took govt advice - selfish and irresponsible.

The govt defied NPHET advice in telling folk it was ok to go out for meal and then head off and visit uncle Paddy and Auntie Brenda and their six kids afterwards.

They locked the Shinners out of govt, and yet, they apparently let the shinners dictate what health advice to ignore.

Tis all the Shinners fault so it is.

Get real Brenner, won't be allowed to fly.

smurgen wrote: »
    People are dead...time to move on...

Unfortunately I know 2 of those that died because of the opening up at Christmas, one of them was a young mother who leaves behind a child and her husband.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Brenner was at it himself - gave an analogy about driving his Volvo at 130kmph - so long as it was inside his 5km limit.

People who ignore govt advice - selfish and irresponsible.
    People who took govt advice - selfish and irresponsible.

The govt defied NPHET advice in telling folk it was ok to go out for meal and then head off and visit uncle Paddy and Auntie Brenda and their six kids afterwards.

They locked the Shinners out of govt, and yet, they apparently let the shinners dictate what health advice to ignore.

Tis all the Shinners fault so it is.

Get real Brenner, won't be allowed to fly.

They didn’t lock the Shinners out of govt Randal, the Shinners couldn’t find the key.The electorate ‘locked the Shinners out” and damn right they were.

You don’t seem to able to figure out the concept of taking a measured decision Randall, you weigh up all the issues and all the risks and all the benefits.

The best way to avoid being involved in a car accident is never get into a car, not too practical these days Randal.

The Brenner wasn’t out partying all over Xmas, but operated under the regulations, and insisted that others in his company did likewise.

Hence, as we speak is virus free.

So Randall, stop trying to twist and turn to lay blame, a decision was made, it did not work out, it was done in good faith, unfortunately people died.

We need to learn from that and I think we have.

Staying positive is the Brenners strongest trait.

The Brenner wasn’t out partying all over Xmas,

My 73 year old near neighbour and friend wasn't out 'partying' at Christmas Brendi, she most likely caught it from her son who went to a factory Christmas gathering allowed under the opening up decision by the government. Her 48 year old son is fighting for his life on a ventilator as a result too. None of the family could attend their mother's funeral.

Actions have consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They didn’t lock the Shinners out of govt Randal, the Shinners couldn’t find the key.The electorate ‘locked the Shinners out” and damn right they were.

It seems I woke up in a parallel universe.

Ireland’s ruling parties in talks to shut out Sinn Féin
    Ireland’s traditional ruling parties have held “preliminary” talks that could lead to a coalition deal to shut Sinn Féin out of government despite surging support for the nationalists in an inconclusive election this month.

Leo Varadkar’s centre-right Fine Gael and centrist opposition Fianna Fáil have dominated Irish politics for close to a century, alternating in government but never ruling together because of historic divisions that stretch back to the country’s civil war in the 1920s.

My 73 year old near neighbour and friend wasn't out 'partying' at Christmas Brendi, she most likely caught it from her son who went to a factory Christmas gathering allowed under the opening up decision by the government. Her 48 year old son is fighting for his life on a ventilator as a result too.

i live near a small village,where 6 have died from it,4 since xmas

This saving xmas,simply wasnt worth it....they had to hire another freezer lorry or "additional capacity" as its refered to by HSE/government for the morgue in uhw

Im sick sh1t of hearing conspiracy theories,obstrucion and lies from the government....just take fcuking responsibility and sort it

Im sick sh1t of hearing conspiracy theories,obstrucion and lies from the government....just take fcuking responsibility and sort it

You would have more respect for them if they did this but this constantly looking to blame others just makes them look weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,992 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Floppybits wrote: »
    No accountability. We have seen it time and time again it's either no one's fault or everyone's fault but never ever the governments fault. From the old folks homes being ignored at the start of the pandemic, golfgate, Leo leaking, Woulfe's crony appointment and now the easing of restrictions against NPHET advice always the same line we all partied except we didn't and those that did could only do so because the government lifted the restrictions on both home visiting and bars and restaurants

All this handwringing and whinging and moaning about everything doesn't do any good.

I have said from the start that we won't really know how this government had handled the crisis until it is over, and we have the figures to hand. To date, we have kept the case rate and death rate below most of our neighbours, that is a good thing, while at the same time, we have managed to keep a fair chunk of our economy going, and the mental wellbeing of all relatively intact. That is a precarious balance. Too much of a lockdown and you get poor mental health outcomes and a tanking economy. Too little of a lockdown and you get too many deaths from Covid.

Along the way, there will be periods when you oscillate from one extreme to the other, all the while keeping a balance. Throughout that time, you rely on the behaviour of ordinary people. Those who are critcising now should be looking to other countries and be glad that we don't live there.

My 73 year old near neighbour and friend wasn't out 'partying' at Christmas Brendi, she most likely caught it from her son who went to a factory Christmas gathering allowed under the opening up decision by the government. Her 48 year old son is fighting for his life on a ventilator as a result too. None of the family could attend their mother's funeral.

I am sorry for your friends, but at no stage were factory Christmas gatherings allowed. That is a lie.

It is quite something to see a poster make disingenuous political points out of the death of a friend.

You are right that actions have consequences. If you go to a factory Christmas gathering that wasn't allowed under the rules in place, and then bring Covid home to your family, you see the consequences of the actions. That may sound harsh, but it is the plain truth of the matter.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I am sorry for your friends, but at no stage were factory Christmas gatherings allowed. That is a lie.

It is quite something to see a poster make disingenuous political points out of the death of a friend.

You are right that actions have consequences. If you go to a factory Christmas gathering that wasn't allowed under the rules in place, and then bring Covid home to your family, you see the consequences of the actions. That may sound harsh, but it is the plain truth of the matter.

The guys mates at work and he, booked a pub/restaurant blanch, as they were told they were allowed to do. They 'gathered' and obeyed the rules of the pub/restaurant. The outbreak/spread was traced to one punter sitting at the bar. Multiple infections as a result.

• Advertisement

Sympathies to that family, Francie, but as I pointed out we all have our personal responsibilities too..

Now, even for you, Francie it’s a bit of a reach to attribute the ‘probable cause’ as due to a govt. decision.

Even for you Francie, that one is over the top.

Sympathies to that family, Francie, but as I pointed out we all have our personal responsibilities too..

Now, even for you, Francie it’s a bit of a reach to attribute the ‘probable cause’ as due to a govt. decision.

Even for you Francie, that one is over the top.

:confused::confused: They wouldn't have been in a pub/restaurant Brendi had the government not opened them up.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It seems I woke up in a parallel universe.

Ireland’s ruling parties in talks to shut out Sinn Féin

And why didn’t Sinn Fein form their own govt then, Randall.

Because they couldn’t ,Randall, they hadn’t the support.

They hadn’t the support, when will folk get their heads around that..

:confused::confused: They wouldn't have been in a pub/restaurant Brendi had the government not opened them up.

Francie, even for you, even for you, ...............Jaysus c’ mon dude.

Let’s show some respect here.

And why didn’t Sinn Fein form their own govt then, Randall.

Because they couldn’t ,Randall, they hadn’t the support.

They hadn’t the support, when will folk get their heads around that..

Nobody wanted them, look at the Greens, they chose to go in with FF and FG because the offering from Sinn Fein was so dismal.

Nobody wanted them, look at the Greens, they chose to go in with FF and FG because the offering from Sinn Fein was so dismal.

And the Greens are paying for that decision and will be on the verge of wipeout in the next election.

Francie, even for you, even for you, ...............Jaysus c’ mon dude.

Let’s show some respect here.

Wow, even though the Taoiseach himself confesses to making a mistake, you still defend.

The guys mates at work and he, booked a pub/restaurant blanch, as they were told they were allowed to do. They 'gathered' and obeyed the rules of the pub/restaurant. The outbreak/spread was traced to one punter sitting at the bar. Multiple infections as a result.

They weren't told that they could organise work dos, in fact the clear advice was the opposite. Work social gatherings for Christmas were out of bounds, that was clear from all advice.

This is the thing, people didn't listen, and went and did their own thing.

They weren't told that they could organise work dos, in fact the clear advice was the opposite. Work social gatherings for Christmas were out of bounds, that was clear from all advice.

This is the thing, people didn't listen, and went and did their own thing.

He met with his mates from the factory for a pizza and a few pints blanch and his mother died as a result and his brother is on a ventilator.

Try all you want to lie about that, but that is what happened. The person who spread the invisible virus was not even known to them.

They broke NO law, or NO regulation. They merely took the government at it's word and did what was allowed.

Micheál Martin now admits that allowing that was a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

He met with his mates from the factory for a pizza and a few pints blanch and his mother died as a result and his brother is on a ventilator.

Try all you want to lie about that, but that is what happened. The person who spread the invisible virus was not even known to them.

They broke NO law, or NO regulation. They merely took the government at it's word and did what was allowed.

Micheál Martin now admits that allowing that was a mistake.

Then that's just pure speculation, they could have gotten it anywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement